• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

I think what really ties the whole game together is Max. I find her character to be down-to-earth and relatable which makes it easier to put yourself in her position.

I also like all the quirky things she says which makes it fun to "look" at all the random objects in the game.

Aegus

I'm currently going through another play of this making different choices etc.

Question on one of the choices in Ep1

Why does Nathan come after Max if you chose not to tell the Principal?

Angel_DvA

I was so surprise that almost no one choose to blame
Mr Jefferson
at the end of episode two,
the dude is definitely into something with school girls, he had a sexual relation with Rachel (it's a rumor from episode 1 and you can find many tags with "Rachel is a whore" everywhere, so...) he isn't stopping "Victoria bitch" either to take a hit on him, Rachel was seen with an older dude before vanishing and you probably remember when Chloe said that Rachel meet someone that change her life ? Jefferson is a famous photographer and Rachel wanted to be a model, he probably promise her something like photos or a model job...

Here's the theory, I think Jefferson is part of the vortex club and use Nathan for bringing the girls, drugged them before bringing them into a "white room" (probably Jefferson lab) to take pics and probably more before taking them back at their dormitory, something happened with Rachel and they had to kill her or something, I think Chloe Step-dad is suspicious and he's probably trying to take him down.

Of course he isn't the only one that can be involved but I'm not buying that this dude haven't issues. It's not my real theory for the game itself but I won't speak of it now lol

AdaWong

Mr Jefferson
the dude is definitely into something with school girls, he had a sexual relation with Rachel (it's a rumor from episode 1 and you can find many tags with "Rachel is a whore" everywhere, so...) he isn't stopping "Victoria bitch" either to take a hit on him, Rachel was seen with an older dude before vanishing and you probably remember when Chloe said that Rachel meet someone that change her life ? Jefferson is a famous photographer and Rachel wanted to be a model, he probably promise her something like photos or a model job...

Here's the theory, I think Jefferson is part of the vortex club and use Nathan for bringing the girls, drugged them before bringing them into a "white room" (probably Jefferson lab) to take pics and probably more before taking them back at their dormitory, something happened with Rachel and they had to kill her or something, I think Chloe Step-dad is suspicious and he's probably trying to take him down.

Of course he isn't the only one that can be involved but I'm not buying that this dude haven't issues. It's not my real theory for the game itself but I won't speak of it now lol

Hes really suspicious.

So i got episode 1 for free and a 20 percent discount for the season pass valid until the 12th(ow square you..) is this worth buying this game for that price. I do have a huge backlog and some games which i think are simmiliar (wolf among us) but dont know if i should bite or wait until a steam sale to be honest... Dont even know if a steam sale would make it cheaper then the price square gives now

Mr Jefferson

I think
he's sketchy as well. But I wasn't about to blab that in the room at the end. I don't want Jefferson to catch on that I suspect him. Nathan was an easy target that was the most reasonable to blame in that moment. I blamed him not because I thought he was behind it all, but because I thought blaming him would cause the dominos to fall more in favor of figuring this whole thing out.

lil

I'm currently going through another play of this making different choices etc.

Question on one of the choices in Ep1

Why does Nathan come after Max if you chose not to tell the Principal?

Max ripped up her contest photo and left it on the bathroom floor right before Nathan came in. Later he says, "I know you like to take pictures in the bathroom. Tell me what you saw," or something.

Angel_DvA

I think
he's sketchy as well. But I wasn't about to blab that in the room at the end. I don't want Jefferson to catch on that I suspect him. Nathan was an easy target that was the most reasonable to blame in that moment. I blamed him not because I thought he was behind it all, but because I thought blaming him would cause the dominos to fall more in favor of figuring this whole thing out.

That make sense but I think it was useless to blame him because he's protect by his family name, there is no way that I can change that without proof, we'll see how it goes on next episodes...

Danj

So i got episode 1 for free and a 20 percent discount for the season pass valid until the 12th(ow square you..) is this worth buying this game for that price. I do have a huge backlog and some games which i think are simmiliar (wolf among us) but dont know if i should bite or wait until a steam sale to be honest... Dont even know if a steam sale would make it cheaper then the price square gives now

If you like episodic adventure games where your choices make a real and lasting difference in the events, combined with a really interesting gameplay mechanic, this is absolutely the game for you. Buy it immediately.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Max ripped up her contest photo and left it on the bathroom floor right before Nathan came in. Later he says, "I know you like to take pictures in the bathroom. Tell me what you saw," or something.

Oh yeah, that explains it.

If you like episodic adventure games where your choices make a real and lasting difference in the events, combined with a really interesting gameplay mechanic, this is absolutely the game for you. Buy it immediately.
I did really like the idea of your choice makes the game with walking dead. Think i will give this one a chance too. 6 days left so think I will start episode 1 tommorow and then see if I buy it, thanks :)

Aegus

But he has no reason to assume she was there when he was. That photo could have been ripped up at any point

lil

But he has no reason to assume she was there when he was. That photo could have been ripped up at any point

Perhaps, otherwise the only other reasons could be a) Principal is buddy-buddy with the Prescotts so he told Nathan Max was coming out of the bathroom after the alarm. b) Nathan was snooping around the school and saw her come out. c) He saw the photo and got way paranoid, so despite not knowing if Max was in there at the time he went after her. It's probably just the last one, heh.

Man, it was kind of a dick move to
leave warren behind when your man is beating the shit out of him in the car park

It was kind of a jerky move considering Nathan was getting real physical and does seem slightly (okay more than slightly) unstable but I don't care. I won't go to a movie with you Warren, my exceptionally overeager friend, you need to take a hint and calm down, Max flies solo.

I think you people are being way to hard on Warren, I assume none of you have been young and in love?
And I bet all of you are well adjusted charmers with absolute zero awkwardness especially in your teenage years?

Also, would love to see Max cameo or any other reference to LiS in other Square Enix games. Augmented Max in the new Deus Ex!!

Kinsei

Banned
I think you people are being way to hard on Warren, I assume none of you have been young and in love? And I bet all of you are well adjusted charmers with absolute zero awkwardness especially in your teenage years?

I can assure you I've never
hung out outside a persons window while they were sleeping and I've never tried to date multiple people at once.

I can assure you I've never
hung out outside a persons window while they were sleeping and I've never tried to date multiple people at once.

I this may come up as a difference in values

1. He was there in the early morning, probably checking whether Max was awake or not since he couldn't enter the girl's dorm. Some may consider it harmless and cheeky but honestly it comes off as desperate but harmless

2. Warren is an immature teenage idiot who can't decide who he likes the most so he sets up multiple dates and hopes for the best. He's not exactly prime rib and most girls probably don't even know he exists

3. Neither of them make him a bad person. Immature and socially blind but not bad

Any sort of ETA for everything to be out?

I'm trying to be patient and wait just it's taking forever >_>

The website I got this from did not link a source, so take this with a huge grain of salt.

Episode 3: Chaos Theory – May 5th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then May 6th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 4: Dark Room – June 16th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then June 17th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 5: Polarized – July 28th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then July 29th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2015/03/26/life-is-strange-episode-3-4-5-release-date.htm

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think you people are being way to hard on Warren, I assume none of you have been young and in love?
And I bet all of you are well adjusted charmers with absolute zero awkwardness especially in your teenage years?

This is what sounds awkward to me. How is love even a part of this? How is any of what he's done love?

This is what sounds awkward to me. How is love even a part of this? How is any of what he's done love?

Infatuation then? Do you guys expect Warren to be some Ryan Gosling-esque smooth operator or can love only exist in the style of Titanic or the Before Trilogy? He loves Max or at least is attracted to her, that much is obvious

lil

That reminds me, I had a LIS dream the other night. There were a bunch of random murders and it looked like Warren was the serial killer, lol.

I this may come up as a difference in values

1. He was there in the early morning, probably checking whether Max was awake or not since he couldn't enter the girl's dorm. Some may consider it harmless and cheeky but honestly it comes off as desperate but harmless

2. Warren is an immature teenage idiot who can't decide who he likes the most so he sets up multiple dates and hopes for the best. He's not exactly prime rib and most girls probably don't even know he exists

3. Neither of them make him a bad person. Immature and socially blind but not bad

Warren is mostly harmless, but he tries waaaaaay too hard, is too clingy and from the way I see it Max is simply not interested. Don't have an extremely strong dislike of him, just is someone I wouldn't spend to much time around in real-life. I'm open to change my mind in other episodes but if he continues with this trajectory, I will feel justified in not spending time with him.

But leading Brooke on is a jerky move, he clearly likes Max more. Brooke really likes him and I think he should make your intentions clear instead of feigning serious in interest. Also, we really need to be allowed to make our own intentions clear fairly soon, I don't like leading Warren around either.

The website I got this from did not link a source, so take this with a huge grain of salt.

Episode 3: Chaos Theory – May 5th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then May 6th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 4: Dark Room – June 16th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then June 17th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 5: Polarized – July 28th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then July 29th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2015/03/26/life-is-strange-episode-3-4-5-release-date.htm

Thanks, hope that info is correct and we don't have to wait til late October =/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Infatuation then? Do you guys expect Warren to be some Ryan Gosling-esque smooth operator or can love only exist in the style of Titanic or the Before Trilogy? He loves Max or at least is attracted to her, that much is obvious

Huuuuge difference between all of those. Infatuation, love, attraction, they're all so different. Warren ain't shit.

Vylash

Warren's a tryhard creep

Victoria is such a bitch.
Even after I was nice to her in episode1 !
From now on I'm going to be mean to her.
stay the course, there's a good person inside of Victoria

Chaos17

Warren's a tryhard creep

stay the course, there's a good person inside of Victoria

I like how you threat Warren as a creepy guy but not Victoria as a bully, haha.
You're really being unfair, here.

All you can reproche Warren is to be a bit clingy but still threaten Max right.
While Victoria is double faced girl who loves to stab people in their face, just like when she back stabed Max in episode 2.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Was Brooke kidding when she said
the GPS she put on Warren was the one that he had on you
?

I hope she was lmao, or everyone I know in the science class is a creep. What's funnier is that Max just brushed it off.

Vylash

I like how you threat Warren as a creepy guy but not Victoria as a bully, haha.
You're really being unfair, here.

All you can reproche Warren is to be a bit clingy but still threaten Max right.
While Victoria is double faced girl who loves to stab people in their face, just like when she back stabed Max in episode 2.

we already know that Victoria has a heart, it's just a matter of breaking down those walls

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
we already know that Victoria has a heart, it's just a matter of breaking down those walls

I think some people are too focused on other peoples' walls, if you catch my drift, friend.

Zareka

Man people in here really want to hate Warren don't they. I don't think he's a creep or anything, just an awkward teenager. How people can be this mad at him I don't get.

If you had done pretty much everything else perfect
you never would have had to select a bible quote. It takes more than one fuck up to make Kate jump.
I took the picture of David harassing her for evidence, but that's the ONLY other thing I didn't do right and even then I cleared it up with her later. One and a half screw ups seems really harsh to me.

This game makes me feel quite old, but in a good way, if that's even possible. I'm past all this teen drama, thank god for that.

One subletly I loved in the writing: Max tries hard to be a "cool" character in front of other people and even herself, for example when
she cites Kerouac on the rail tracks
. The game is not written for us to experience that and think "wow, she's the best person in the world", the writing contains the insecurity of her character, ingenious and pretentious at the same time, trying to find her own footing in this world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Chloe is an entirely bad person to me. She doesn't seem redeemable at all.

Mild ep1 and 2 spoilers:

She's a user. She's using you and is going to cause problems. Scust. Fuck Chloe. Horrible person.

N° 2048

Chloe is an entirely bad person to me. She doesn't seem redeemable at all.

Mild ep1 and 2 spoilers:

She's a user. She's using you and is going to cause problems. Scust. Fuck Chloe. Horrible person.

Another example:

ep2 start of game spoilers
Where Kate calls you in the diner and Chloe gets mad because you answered. Like, chill.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another example:

ep2 start of game spoilers
Where Kate calls you in the diner and Chloe gets mad because you answered. Like, chill.

Yep. I was like stfu let me take care of shit.

Top Bottom