• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Cloudy

Banned
HPDmWo8.png

It all makes sense now

wouwie

Finished the 2nd episode yesterday and i enjoyed it for the most part. There were some surprising events and interesting choices to make. It's going to be interesting to see how these decisions affect future episodes (or not).

I really appreciate what Dontnod is trying to do with Life is strange.There's a lot of good things to say about it. The setting (teenage high school) isn't exactly my cup of tea (i'm probably a tad too old for that?) and the dialogue isn't that wel written though (feels quite stiff and unnatural at times). But all in all, the positives outweigh the negatives and i can't wait for the next episode.

Also, i keep thinking it would be great if Dontnod revisited Neo Paris with a sci-fi episodic adventure. That beautiful city from Remember Me seems like such a great background for an adventure game.

LeonSPBR

Playing ep 2 on my PS3 and I got the worst kind of bug this game could get... the characters didn't speak their lines, the game just threw the choices to me without the characters saying a word. Missed the entire conversation of Chloe and Max when they are down on the train track. And when I try to reload my checkpoint the game froze. I didn't lost my save but that coneversation is gone to me... At least when I restarted the game, everything went back to normal but I ended up missing that conversation since the game saved after that...

chadskin

Woohoo, Squenix finally announced official merchandise :)

b119ee60fc88c9489e713e78ddd8ad32.png

Now you too can make the choice to water the plant or not....just like Max! We wanted to offer a product that had consequences in order to replicate Life is Strange's gameplay mechanic and with the official plant we feel we've done just that!

We are really excited to hear what you think of our first Life is Strange product. The official Life is Strange plant will be available for pre-order soon!
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/life-strange-official-merchandise

April Fools! Too bad actually, I'd really like cool LiS merchandise :(

Volcynika

I hope they fix issues I hit in the PC version I encountered in episode 2. The diner bit all the dialogue was stacking on top of each other (multiple characters saying their lines at the same time) so I had to follow the subtitles to even know what the hell was going on. Only happened in that area though.

Just finished ep 2. Wow, that was fantastic. GOTY 2015 if this holds up. Really loved how the roof scene played out with things you'd know if you investigated.

Ps: Train section was kind of glitchy at points and how come I couldn't get a pic of the chemistry stuff.

To get the pic in the science lab, you need to successfully help Warren with his experiment.

Hint:
Rewind and talk to the teacher after the potassium blows up in his face.

[redacted] but at the same time it's best to have a story play out like this and NOT go back. What should I do? If I wanted to, could I play certain parts and have it remember my actions and ...
I've seen this sentiment around and I have to ask, why not just use the second (and/or third) save file? play the game as you would or as you think your characters should react if you're into roleplaying, stick to your choices and then play the game again on a different save file with different choices, whenever you think they would best or you're looking to see the worse possible outcome

Cloudy

Banned
I will be disappointed if
Kate is suddenly not a big factor moving forward
. That outcome won't mean much if the impact of it is minimized in future eps

Jman014

I would be too. I imagine saving her will just strengthen friendship between the two

end-near end of episode 2 spoilers

the whole scene of convincing kate not to jump was tense! having no time powers at that point didn't help matters but fortunately I was able to talk her down. Bonus points for getting nathan in trouble and getting him suspended.

overall, loved this episode

Ruken

Banned
I suspect Kate had the same rewind powers that Max has.
and that she lost them (sort of how Max is seeing side effects). It's the thing that she's hiding. She must have lost the power at an inopportune time and caused a huge mess for herself (maybe the party?)

David knows enough that he suspects Kate in Rachel's disappearance. Kate knows something about what happened to Rachel and couldn't (or wouldn't) user her powers to stop it.

Maybe Kate reveals she had powers to Max and they grow even closer, making Chloe hella jealous. Eventually you'll end up having to pick between the two.

LeonSPBR

Finished ep 2 and damn this game is awesome.
Saved Kate and put Nathan on the spot. Nice!!

Nice to see in this ep the things that Max could do with her powers
(stopping time that's new)
and that her powers have a limit and they seem to need mental capability above the norm or else you begin to have backlash. Frankly the was they showed Max power on epi 2 I don't find difficult to believe that she could die by the end of this.

AegisScott

Neo Member
I really wanna know what the deal with those epilogue, post-credits teasers is. So scared they're gonna go all David Cage with this

naeS

Finally got around to playing episode 2.
So glad I saved Kate. I went with Jefferson at the end because I didn't have proof for the other two and figured Jefferson wouldn't lie in his response.

Definitely replaying this one.

Nuke Soda

I really wanna know what the deal with those epilogue, post-credits teasers is. So scared they're gonna go all David Cage with this

Awkward dialogue, implied rape, girls showering, this is already a David Cage game friend. Albeit made by people who don't seem in love with themselves yet.

shiba5

I suspect Kate had the same rewind powers that Max has.
and that she lost them (sort of how Max is seeing side effects). It's the thing that she's hiding. She must have lost the power at an inopportune time and caused a huge mess for herself (maybe the party?)

David knows enough that he suspects Kate in Rachel's disappearance. Kate knows something about what happened to Rachel and couldn't (or wouldn't) user her powers to stop it.

Maybe Kate reveals she had powers to Max and they grow even closer, making Chloe hella jealous. Eventually you'll end up having to pick between the two.

That is a very interesting theory.
Kate goes wild at the party knowing she can rewind time, but then she loses the ability before she can undo everything. Maybe she does some massive rewind for some other reason (something to do with Rachel perhaps) and ends up blacking out like Max. Now she can't undo the video.

Just started playing Episode 2 finally after finishing off my first playthrough of Bloodborne earlier today. My god, I forgot how much I love this game, not too far into ep 2 so far but hopefully gonna finish it off tonight or tomorrow. Really really want to see where this story goes.

Probably my top 2 contenders for GOTY so far. This is why I love gaming so much. Two total polar opposite games that lure you in, in completely different ways. Just great to see such diverse quality titles out there. Although I will admit some of the choices in this game make me just as stressed out as I felt playing through Bloodborne haha.

Rembrandt

Banned
I have to wait until may?!?!?!

I love this game do much. The scene at the end was so well doing seeing it happen, depending and seeing it again until the actual saving moment. They do such a good job at blending interactivity with story moments. It's what Telltale games and all similar titles should be like. There is no going back.

ratted out Nathan cause fuck him, told the teacher about David but no photo, got invited to the vortex club party, I was nice to Victoria's friend outside and definitely tried to shoot the guy at the junkyard

As much as I love Chloe, she's gonna end up getting Max killed. I want her to team up with my waifu Kate and Victoria, story be damned. Episode 3 will be the big one, if Kate actually plays a big role, this game will definitely be my forerunner for GOTY already. I feel like I did with the first part of the walking dead.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I found the song i want thanks to this video and the comments:

Finally
finally2

And then here the song:
Song

Not very easy to find the song.
By the way, I know they have the soundtrack on streaming on Spotify and Youtube and whatnot, but is there anywhere to actually just buy the soundtrack?
Not all soundtrack is in spotify like the song i like.

Danj

By the way, I know they have the soundtrack on streaming on Spotify and Youtube and whatnot, but is there anywhere to actually just buy the soundtrack?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Wait... i didn't realize the roof scene could play out differently! Shit, now I'm considering reloading and changing that part because... man.

Or do I want to do a purely honest first time through... GAH

ScottbSE

Neo Member

No soundtrack for purchase as of yet but its been a popular ask from everyone. I've definitely passed that on!

Glad to see you are all enjoying episode 2 and yes, there are indeed two different endings!

Chaos17

Agree.
If they don't then they will follow Telltale foosteps and that will be so disapointing, imo.
I really want my choices to matter in the long term.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the transcript. The dialog from
Jefferson's side sounds incredibly awkward and wooden in the video.
J: You have to talk to me, Kate.

K: Why? It's all over, like me.

J: Knock off this martyr crap.

K:What do you want from me?

J: I want you to be honest.

K:Nobody believes me anyway.

J: Stop acting so brittle.

K:Being on a viral video does that.

J: Maybe this is your way of getting attention.

K: That's really mean, Mr. Jefferson. You just don't get it... Just leave me alone!

Shit, I should have blamed him, but since
I accused Nathan in Episode 1, might as well go all the way and freaking get the asshole suspended.

Can't believe I have to wait until May, I'm so bummed out. I want the other episodes nao!

Also,
I accepted the invitation of Warren to go to the movies, I thought it was going to be in an friendly way, but now I totally see what Max says about him going to do a move on her. Crap. Gonna have to friendzone him. Specially since that girl with the drone seems to have something for him.

Yeah but the tornados only 3 days away
and after trying to kill herself she should be hospitalized for awhile right? Youll prob just visit her in later eps

Steamlord

Yeah but the tornados only 3 days away
and after trying to kill herself she should be hospitalized for awhile right? Youll prob just visit her in later eps

I'm sure there will at least be some text messages (there fucking better be), but an actual visit to the hospital would be awesome. Probably just texts though, let's be honest.

JonnyKong

It's a shame we're not going to get to see this game at Halloween. The game already has a great atmosphere as it is, but I think it would have been extra great if we got to see the campus decorated and the students dressed up.

Top Bottom