• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Chaos17

The website I got this from did not link a source, so take this with a huge grain of salt.

Episode 3: Chaos Theory – May 5th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then May 6th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 4: Dark Room – June 16th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then June 17th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 5: Polarized – July 28th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then July 29th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2015/03/26/life-is-strange-episode-3-4-5-release-date.htm
Next episode in May ?
This month is going to be so empty because I didn't saw any release date for Tellatale games too *sob*

N° 2048

There's only one ending to Ep 2 right?

EP 2 ENDING SPOILERS: The one where
Kate dies and then it shows a montage of everyone before the credits roll.?

Brew124

There's only one ending to Ep 2 right?

EP 2 ENDING SPOILERS: The one where
Kate dies and then it shows a montage of everyone before the credits roll.?

It's possible to not have her die by choosing the correct answers when you're on the rooftop with her. So technically there's 2 endings.

Vylash

The website I got this from did not link a source, so take this with a huge grain of salt.

Episode 3: Chaos Theory – May 5th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then May 6th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 4: Dark Room – June 16th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then June 17th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.
• Episode 5: Polarized – July 28th, 2015 worldwide on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network in North America; Then July 29th, 2015 on PlayStation Network in Europe/Australia.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2015/03/26/life-is-strange-episode-3-4-5-release-date.htm
No way do they have release dates locked down already

Reedirect

This would be great, but don't hold your breath (especially with EP4 and 5). Based on what they were saying on the EGX panel, it sounded like they'd need a little more time with the last two.

Rembrandt

Banned
Man people in here really want to hate Warren don't they. I don't think he's a creep or anything, just an awkward teenager. How people can be this mad at him I don't get.

I took the picture of David harassing her for evidence, but that's the ONLY other thing I didn't do right and even then I cleared it up with her later. One and a half screw ups seems really harsh to me.

I don't get the Warren hate either. Like you said, he just seems kinda awkward. He's doing to make me think he's a creep or weird.

Anteater

This would be great, but don't hold your breath (especially with EP4 and 5). Based on what they were saying on the EGX panel, it sounded like they'd need a little more time with the last two.

I guess I'm kind of ok with that, I don't really want the last 2 eps to feel rushed or that they cut out some details to meet deadline, should take their time.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
She says something along the lines
of 'yeah, he always want to talk to me'
And the fact she has his memory stick, and the low level flirting.

Not to mention that
she's nervous about him trying to make a move while in the movie he invited her.

Not to mention that
she's nervous about him trying to make a move while in the movie he invited her.
I replayed ep. 1 recently and the scene where Max meets Warren at the parking lot stood out. He goes in for a hug but she shoves the USB drive in his face. There's an awkward little pause and everything. That gesture tells me she's perfectly aware of what's going on and doesn't want to encourage him.

carlsojo

If these turn out to be true I will be sooooooo happy.

I replayed ep. 1 recently and the scene where Max meets Warren at the parking lot stood out. He goes in for a hug but she shoves the USB drive in his face. There's an awkward little pause and everything. That gesture tells me she's perfectly aware of what's going on and doesn't want to encourage him.

Yeah, that was my line of thought as well.

As for Chloe, she's kinda of a dick, but I do like her, I'm sympathetic towards her anyway.
Man this game is awesome.

Poor Warren. Getting beaten up for Max and then going home alone...

Maybe he is the killer and it is because of Max pushing him back.

Edit: I said killer and we even do not know if the missing girl is dead. What do you think? Will we see more people dying or would this break the athmosphere of innosence the game has somehow. the suicide was more sadness than about crime or horror.

Poor Warren. Getting beaten up for Max and then going home alone...

Maybe he is the killer and it is because of Max pushing him back.

Edit: I said killer and we even do not know if the missing girl is dead. What do you think? Will we see more people dying or would this break the athmosphere of innosence the game has somehow. the suicide was more sadness than about crime or horror.
I don't think
Rachel is dead. I don't think she'll be a Laura Palmer type of character where she's an important plot point in absentia, so to speak. I fully expect to meet her eventually in the final episodes. I'll be really surprised if we never meet her, moreso if it turns out she was killed, I'm not getting that vibe at all from the story.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I dono, maybe it's old news but episode 2 was really short to me. It took me 3 nights last time to get through the first one, tonight I finished it in one single sitting.

Even though it's kinda obvious one of the major plot points was coming, I'm glad it was there for the emotional payoff anyways.

Rembrandt

Banned
I dono, maybe it's old news but episode 2 was really short to me. It took me 3 nights last time to get through the first one, tonight I finished it in one single sitting.

Even though it's kinda obvious one of the major plot points was coming, I'm glad it was there for the emotional payoff anyways.

I beat the first in one setting and took two days to beat this (got caught up with other things), but the second one seemed a little shorter but I think it was because I explored so much more in episode one and was getting used to things, idk. it didn't seem dramatically shorter to me, but it could be because of my break and not playing it all one sitting like I did with the first.

Apoptomon

I didn't think there was anything up with Warren (but then maybe I missed some things, like his being visible from the dorm window). What Ep 2 did make me suspicious of were
what Jefferson's deal is; also there's the scene at the end in his car (which I wasn't sure of the context of) to consider
; and the
guy with the caravan

_woLf

Just finished it. Holy crap at that last sequence.
Managed to save Kate on my first try. :)

Regarding the final choice...

Reported Prescott. I believe that the teacher may be up to something suspicious, but it could just be that his fame leaves him a bit apathetic towards the people around him. In other words, he doesn't teach for the benefit of others, he does it to make himself feel better. That's why he gets so upset if you report him. I think that Matsen truly thinks he's doing what is best for everyone's safety (especially after his conversation in the hallways leading up to the end) so I am beginning to think he's going to be a good character. And I like Warren. He's an awkward dude with a crush, nothing more.

Bring on Episode 3.
Between trying to shoot the weird dude and getting Prescott suspended, I'm pretty sure I am already dead. Also next episode looks really spoooooky.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm in love with this game, only played through Ep1 so far but damn, i haven't been so enthralled with a story in a while

The ost is sublime as well

Choomp

Banned
Bring on Episode 3.
Between trying to shoot the weird dude and getting Prescott suspended, I'm pretty sure I am already dead. Also next episode looks really spoooooky.

Knowing these episodic games, 3 is usually when one of the firsts twists happens and stuff starts to go down. Wouldn't be surprised if we meet some sort of supernatural entity or something soon, those final segments have me thinking.

Danj

May 5th, awesome, that's while I'm on holiday.

Gumbie

Has anyone mentioned...

The creepy janitor that had photos of Rachel in the janitor room? When I confronted him about them he got really defensive. I'm also pretty sure that's the room they show at the very end of the montage with the red folders with the girls names on them.

JonnyKong

Has anyone mentioned...

The creepy janitor that had photos of Rachel in the janitor room? When I confronted him about them he got really defensive. I'm also pretty sure that's the room they show at the very end of the montage with the red folders with the girls names on them.

I mentioned somewhere in here about how oddly hilarious and creepy his voice is.

Persona7

Banned
I guess I missed all the
warren stuff by not choosing to go with him?

I also
blamed jefferson but I was too lazy too rewind and try the other options so I stuck with it.

Bit disappointing that the second episode was so short compared to the first one, but of course this is familiar from Telltale games also, so I was kind of expecting it. Anyway, the game is damn brilliant, screw the reviews saying that the dialogue and voice acting were bad. I'm old enough to think kids actually may speak like that, and most of the voice actors are pretty good. The woman who plays Alyssa is a terrible though, I can't believe they let those lines in without retaking them. And I refuse to believe there was more than one take.

edit: for some reason I keep missing most of the photo opportunities. I have explored some areas, but apparently not enough...

Reedirect

Anyway, the game is damn brilliant, screw the reviews saying that the dialogue and voice acting were bad.

It's spotty at times (mostly the optional conversations with other students), but Hannah Telle as Max is legitimately one of the best VA performances I've ever seen/heard. She hits the balance between dorky and sweet perfectly. Also saves a bunch of lines from sounding pretty terrible.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's possible to not have her die by choosing the correct answers when you're on the rooftop with her. So technically there's 2 endings.
I think correct answers are not enough.
You also have to do certain things throughout the episode, like erase the website URL or the nasty message in front of her room.

It's spotty at times (mostly the optional conversations with other students), but Hannah Telle as Max is legitimately one of the best VA performances I've ever seen/heard. She hits the balance between dorky and sweet perfectly. Also saves a bunch of lines from sounding pretty terrible.

Yeah, I think all of the main characters were good, and most of the important secondary characters. Random students don't matter as much.

Edit: actually some of them reminded me of Shenmue, in some weird way.

AdaWong

The instrumental music in this game is outstanding. Beautiful.

I think my favorite character so far is either Victoria (don't kill me pls) or Kate.

Brew124

I think correct answers are not enough.
You also have to do certain things throughout the episode, like erase the website URL or the nasty message in front of her room.

See that stuff I'm not too sure on. I know there's a few things I didn't do, like answering her phone call when you're in the diner. Might be worth trying a play through where you don't erase anything or help her at all and see if the correct answers can still save her.

Steamlord

See that stuff I'm not too sure on. I know there's a few things I didn't do, like answering her phone call when you're in the diner. Might be worth trying a play through where you don't erase anything or help her at all and see if the correct answers can still save her.

Why on earth wouldn't you answer the phone call? Even if Kate didn't need help I still would've done it as a fuck you to Chloe.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Why on earth wouldn't you answer the phone call? Even if Kate didn't need help I still would've done it as a fuck you to Chloe.

I know, right? I've wanted to like Chloe but that was a big, obnoxious, red flag

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I didn't answer, because I answered and it was fuckin' nothing. So I went back and decided to deal with that piece of shit Chloe instead.

I know, right? I've wanted to like Chloe but that was a big, obnoxious, red flag

I answered also, and stayed in the closet when her stepfather entered the room. But then I tried to shoot the guy who she owned money to, so I'm not always very logical with the decisions...

Kate died the first two times I tried the roof part. I think the game allowed two wrong answers before she would jump, and I wasn't careful the first time, and second time messed up even earlier by trying a different tactic with the answers. I think I made most of the right decisions so Kate would be happy, but it looked like she wanted me to tell her to go to the police immediately. I didn't.

Top Bottom