• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

sheamus

I bought the first episode on PC but because my wife really enjoyed the gameso I had to buy the season pass on the Ps4. I'm still half tempted to buy the season pass on PC.

azyless

Fuck,
couldn't save Kate's life, despite being on her side since the beginning, I think I messed up with the Proverbs quote.
Tempted to do another save and try to get it right and get the stuff that I missed.

GeoGonzo

For episode 1 I managed to always choose the most popular thing, and for episode 2 the only exception was
giving up the gun
. I'm too mainstream.
Also, told Warren to
mix Potassium, went to teacher for advice, rewound, told him to add a shit ton of Potassium. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Hah! Best choice, I should have done that too.

Auctopus

Thinking of buying the whole season of this however, is the girl with the blue hair (your best friend?) a manic pixie dream girl? I don't think I could stand that. If so, is she in it much? I'd really like to play but I don't wanna be gritting my teeth through interactions with her.

Rockk

Thinking of buying the whole season of this however, is the girl with the blue hair (your best friend?) a manic pixie dream girl? I don't think I could stand that. If so, is she in it much? I'd really like to play but I don't wanna be gritting my teeth through interactions with her.

No? She's a regular person. Your (former) best friend that you didn't keep in contact with.

Steamlord

So I've been thinking...this isn't even remotely conclusive evidence, but
Chloe calls Principal Wells an alcoholic. At the end of Episode 1, we see him drinking in his office. At the end of Episode 2, we see a glass of scotch/brandy/whatever next to the folder and the photo of Kate. And finally, there are two folders in his office that look suspiciously like the ones with the girls' names on them. He also seems hell bent on discrediting Max at every turn. Could all be a coincidence, but...HMMM.
Sorry if this has been brought up before.

fvith

Neo Member
Nathan is irredeemable IMO. Victoria isn't though.
Nathan so far has drugged Chloe, almost kills her (well actually killed her if not for Max's powers), assaulted Warren and Max, threatened Max and can end up sabotaging her room, and possibly drugged and raped Kate. Who knows what else he has done.

Definitely not a manic pixie dream girl. The way that trope is usually constructed, it wouldn't even make sense to have one in the game, as I see it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Don't know how you arrived to that conclusion, but no. There's no interaction with her where you'll say "fuck this" and erase it from your console/PC.

This game is too good. Just finished episode 2. Those final moments were too intense.

Despite my best efforts. She jumped. Probably lost it on the last question. Should have said sisters instead of mother. Ahhhh. RIP Kate.

I also
Messed up the train tracks. Is a train going to crash now? How did the other one get through then? I also blamed Nathan. But nothing will probably come of that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, reading back, it seemed like you can get suspended instead of nathan when you accuse him. Somehow I got him suspended instead.

Gonna boot up my other Episode 1 completion file where I chose different options for the main choices and play Episode 2. Let's see how this unfolds.
I will save you Kate!

Danj

Huh, reading back, it seemed like you can get suspended instead of nathan when you accuse him. Somehow I got him suspended instead.

Wait, they actually
listen to you when you blame Nathan? I figured his parents would be too powerful
which is why I blamed
David
instead.

Xord

Just finished the second episode
Couldn't save Kate and i'm.... quite happy about that. Annoying character.

Auctopus

No? She's a regular person. Your (former) best friend that you didn't keep in contact with.

Definitely not a manic pixie dream girl. The way that trope is usually constructed, it wouldn't even make sense to have one in the game, as I see it.

Don't know how you arrived to that conclusion, but no. There's no interaction with her where you'll say "fuck this" and erase it from your console/PC.

Great, thanks. I'll buy it later this month.

Apoptomon

Wait, they actually
listen to you when you blame Nathan? I figured his parents would be too powerful
which is why I blamed
David
instead.
Well, if you did it each episode,
then I guess it makes sense that the school can't ignore two accusations in as many days. Nathan does threaten to sue the school/max though, so it might not stick

Wait. Wait. WAAAAIT.

Kate could be saved?
I thought I had done everything right.. everything. Wow, I'm impressed with this game thus far. Apparently the choices can have big impact..? It'll be interesting to see how the last events in episode 2 will affect the future episodes.

Choomp

Banned

You're happy she died? Kate!? I mean, even if Prescott died I'd be kind of put off, I get it's a game but for me the nature of the world has me taking this stuff really seriously.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You're happy she died? Kate!? I mean, even if Prescott died I'd be kind of put off, I get it's a game but for me the nature of the world has me taking this stuff really seriously.

Hah, same here, I really identify with Max even if I'm not a girl, but I like how she sees the world.

Also, Xord, you're a monster.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was pretty bummed to see that Ep 3 was releasing in May. But I guess it's a good sign for Dontnod.

Chaos17

You never saw a teenager changing hair color ?
Teenagers like to experience stuff :)

Grisby

Just wanted to get on top of something and shout from the rooftops that I had a great time with episode 2.

I'm really glad Don'tnod seems to have another special game on their resume. Remember Me was great, and I feel like I'm going to mention every time I talk about a new episode.

It felt lengthy enough, had some cool new areas, and had one of the most tense moments I've ever had in a game before. Granted, there was some weird and often funny, uh, incidents. I'm talking about the
'oh hey all of a sudden there's a train about to kill Chloe deal' but it was still fun.

That was a pretty bad ass moment when you
basically move through stopped time in order to save Kate. Sure, some of the acting was a little off during the conversation but it felt really good to talk her down from the ledge.

Oh, and it's pretty crazy to see the
split choice on Kate's life. I felt like I was this close to flubbing one or two of the answers.

So yeah, good times. Can't wait for May.

JonnyKong

I think it would have been a really nice touch if at the end
A picture of Kate appears after the credits showing "Rip Kate (surname) 1998-2015
. That of course being if that happened in your game.

Totally guessed her age there too.

Angel_DvA

Nathan is irredeemable IMO. Victoria isn't though.
Nathan so far has drugged Chloe, almost kills her (well actually killed her if not for Max's powers), assaulted Warren and Max, threatened Max and can end up sabotaging her room, and possibly drugged and raped Kate. Who knows what else he has done.

The dude is a fucking asshole but we don't know everything yet, he could be help by other people and we need to gathering proof of what really happened before making a move...

grimmiq

Played episode 1 on PC but had some money left in my PSN wallet so picked up the full season for PS4, some of the scene transitions are pretty bad, but despite not really caring about trophies I prefer PSN ones to Steam.

Managed to
Save Kate
and I really regret not
completely fucking with Victoria in episode 1, she was even more vicious this episode, fool me once..bitch is going to burn in every other confrontation.
Her friends
might be salvageable and would actually prefer it if I could turn her whole clique against her.

I
accused Nathan over and over, little prick is going to get what's coming to him and with the ending scene with him walking in on Victoria crying I hope they go down together.

I'm really not liking
Chloe a whole lot, so self-centered, seemed obvious to me that her nose bleeds were caused by her powers and it was causing her some sort of trauma..yet Chloe was like "OK, you feeling a bit better? Let's do it again and explode your brain some more."

With the constant saving of the purple haired girl from minor shit, I'm starting to think that she'll be the one to put things together and notice something is up with Max.

Danj

Hey,
she may be a depressed and bullied bible basher
but that doesn't mean
she deserves to die
. Particularly not after LITERALLY
stopping time and running up to the roof to try and save her

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't normally do this in this type of game but I was so upset about
Kate dying
that I went back and redid the chapter to change it.

I just couldn't accept it.

Angel_DvA

Kate dying

it was the first time for me too, I was felling so bad that I couldn't let her go lol...

Danj

Kate dying

The worst part was seeing it happen and going like oh, okay, I guess it's one of those "fixed events" that you can't change, and then seeing the stats screen at the end going like
YOU FAILED TO SAVE KATE, 39%. 61% SAVED KATE
and it was really at that point I was like oh shit I need to redo that bit.

JonnyKong

I'm really surprised at how many of you are going back to change the outcome of the ending. You're not doing it right! You can't shape your own individual story, that's going against the point of these type of games.

Zareka

I'm really surprised at how many of you are going back to change the outcome of the ending. You're not doing it right! You can't shape your own individual story, that's going against the point of these type of games.
I never normally redo choices but for that one, I got too annoyed that the entire thing hinged on a single dialogue option, regardless that I'd done everything else pretty much perfect. Hell,
the quote sounded like it was telling her to embrace death!
It was too wonky, to me, to live with the outcome and got promptly rewound.

Everything else I'm perfectly fine in living with.

Edit:
Plus if I didn't fix that outcome I'm stuck with Chloe. Haha, nope.

Reedirect

I would agree with you normally, but I went back too. The other ending was honestly just way too depressing for me.

Gears

This game is so damn special to me for some reason. The writing may be a bit jank sometimes, but that only adds to the experience for me. I really hope it doesnt fall apart towards the end, because so far its totally on that game of the year list

Kinsei

Banned
I never normally redo choices but for that one, I got too annoyed that the entire thing hinged on a single dialogue option, regardless that I'd done everything else pretty much perfect. Hell,
the quote sounded like it was telling her to embrace death!
It was too wonky, to me, to live with the outcome and got promptly rewound.

Everything else I'm perfectly fine in living with.

Edit:
Plus if I didn't fix that outcome I'm stuck with Chloe. Haha, nope.

If you had done pretty much everything else perfect
you never would have had to select a bible quote. It takes more than one fuck up to make Kate jump.

necrosis

I got him suspended also. Maybe it has to do with whether or not you accuse him of pulling the gun on Chloe? I ask without simply checking Google, which I probably should.

lil

I got him suspended also. Maybe it has to do with whether or not you accuse him of pulling the gun on Chloe? I ask without simply checking Google, which I probably should.

Might have to do with covering Chloe's ass on the blunt, too. I accused Nathan both times and hid in the closet and I got him suspended. Max getting suspended is a big deal though, I wonder how they'll handle that?? That might make for a good second playthrough.

Also, I know why I love
the diner
so much. It's got the exact same layout as the pub I grew up at, but the bathrooms are on the right. It's actually freaky, they both have the same nautical theme and everything.

Yeah, it's a combination between taking the blame for the weed and not telling the principal in the first episode that will get Max suspended. Also, a combination between taking the blame and not taking the picture of David harassing Kate will get Max suspended instead if you blame Mr. Madsen. Interestingly enough, I haven't seen a way to get Max suspended if you blame Mr. Jefferson, I wonder if that means anything.

JonnyKong

Do you still get the small scene at the end of
Victoria crying if you save Kate's life? Cos if so, that's really curious. I can understand why she would be upset over her death, but I imagine a bully like her would just laugh at a failed suicide attempt.

lil

Victoria crying if you save Kate's life? Cos if so, that's really curious. I can understand why she would be upset over her death, but I imagine a bully like her would just laugh at a failed suicide attempt.

Yep! Still the same.

You do actually, the only scene that changes is the one involving Kate. Though I guess the context changes, which is why I think that Victoria has a heart somewhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So bummed.

Ep2 end spoiler:
Couldn't save Kate. Fucked up and mentioned brothers. She was right, I really didn't care until it was convenient for me. Fuck.

Super bummed. I do love how the game implemented that kind of consequence though, one that
you can't come back from, after giving you the whole game so far as kind of a "oh hey do whatever you want, you can pick the end" - then all of a sudden, shit gets REAL.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah,
and I'm glad to see that she has a heart somewhere. Makes me not feel like an idiot after comforting for the paint thing.

Wow, so when I first saw screenshots and the trailer, I kind of dismissed this. Seemed very YA-ish, not my kind of thing. But then I played the demo and was hooked. Just finished Ep 2 and I'm really enjoying LiS. The mundane small-town mystery mixed with the fantastical and weird elements is a really compelling mix and the characters are great.

Another thing I like is that this is the first narrative game where I really felt affected by the choices. Even more so than The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain. In Episode 2, I made choices and rewound choices going by the situation and character's mindset, and then those choices can back to haunt me in the end. Can't wait for the next episode

Top Bottom