• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Damn. Thread popped up and I thought we have news.
Sorry if someone has the same situation now because I kept this thing up.
Be wiser than me. Do not post.

Reedirect

Wait what, you mean a chapter 3 spoiler?

How?

I don't know the technicalities, but essentially when you rip the logs and texts from the game's files (like for localization to other languages etc.), there is a list of all the major decisions, current objectives and locations through episodes 1-5. I imagine this comes from that. I'd steer clear of Steam forums and reddit when it comes to LiS.

Samara

Wait what, you mean a chapter 3 spoiler?

How?

Dont know. But its not a long scene. Maybe 20 seconds with a choice to do or not do.
Didnt know the whole game story is out there but its just this one scene that I saw. I dont know about the rest of the game.

That must suck. But just stay clear of steam according to reddit

Vylash

I don't know the technicalities, but essentially when you rip the logs and texts from the game's files (like for localization to other languages etc.), there is a list of all the major decisions, current objectives and locations through episodes 1-5. I imagine this comes from that. I'd steer clear of Steam forums and reddit when it comes to LiS.
oh yeah I saw that, I'm a bit skeptical that it's real but it's not some massive story spoiler thankfully

kubus

Ugh I heard about the text files but had no idea they also had spoilers for episode 3 onwards. Thanks for the warnings, I'll make sure I stay away from youtube and steam communities :(

For the people annoyed by false hope thread bumping, here's something for you though it's nothing we didn't already knew or expected.

x3VX0z4.jpg

(Apologies if the image is super large or something, I'm on mobile and have no idea how it scales)

hemo memo

Gold Member
Ugh I heard about the text files but had no idea they also had spoilers for episode 3 onwards. Thanks for the warnings, I'll make sure I stay away from youtube and steam communities :(

For the people annoyed by false hope thread bumping, here's something for you though it's nothing we didn't already knew or expected.

http://i.imgur.com/x3VX0z4.jpg[/MG]

(Apologies if the image is super large or something, I'm on mobile and have no idea how it scales)[/QUOTE]

I expected a meaningful information in that tweet but no. Just this word every company in this industry love to use "Soon".

Chaos17

x3VX0z4.jpg

(Apologies if the image is super large or something, I'm on mobile and have no idea how it scales)

Cool :D

ScottbSE

Neo Member
Hi guys,

Thanks for being patient regarding Episode 3. It is coming this month, we will announce the date on our official channels.

In regards to spoilers on Steam etc, I am being vigilant to ensure these are removed.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm downloading the update now! I still gotta get all the photographs, so I can't wait to see the extra things they polished.

lil

It took me forever to get around to Episode 2 because I was busy with Bloodborne for a couple weeks after it launched, so the wait between 2 and 3 doesn't seem too bad.

I played it right away but was busy with Bloodborne afterwards, so I definitely feel that.

Episode 1 was updated four days before the Episode 2 release date was announced soooo, you know... 😎

MaKTaiL

So, I've been having this crazy theory about where the story might be going in the next episodes. Read it and see what you guys think about it.

Max has been messing up with fate. Chloe was supposed to have died on the bathroom that day but Max saved her. Since then the Universe is trying to correct this but it is failing. Max saved Chloe again on the train rail on episode 2. The weird weather and eclipse happening are responses from the universe trying to give a message to Max, trying to warn her. My guess is that we will keep saving Chloe from near death in the next episodes and the last universe response will be a hurricane.

Now think about what would happen if Max hadn't saved Chloe the first time. Kate's video wouldn't be the center of attention anymore. The Prescott family would be part of a big scandle instead. Kate wouldn't try to kill herself either. Everything would happen the way it was supposed to.

Last but not least, I think Max will find all this out when finally meeting with Rachel Amber. Rachel will tell her something similar happened to her and she had to make a sacrifice (leaving town, disappearing). Max, realizing what she did, will be given a choice in the end:

1- Going back in time and letting Chloe die on the bathroom thus saving the town.

2- Sacrificing the town to save Chloe one last time (the death of many to save one life would be a just tradeoff for the universe).

If we were to choose the first option, during the rewind Max would remember all the great moments Chloe and her shared together in the last five days, a big emotional scene, and then finally letting Nathan kill her. Going further back in time like this would make Max loose her power forever.

OK, I mapped out a lot of things but I am sure some of this will turn out to be right. What do you guys think?

hemo memo

Gold Member
So, I've been having this crazy theory about where the story might be going in the next episodes. Read it and see what you guys think about it.

Max has been messing up with fate. Chloe was supposed to have died on the bathroom that day but Max saved her. Since then the Universe is trying to correct this but it is failing. Max saved Chloe again on the train rail on episode 2. The weird weather and eclipse happening are responses from the universe trying to give a message to Max, trying to warn her. My guess is that we will keep saving Chloe from near death in the next episodes and the last universe response will be a hurricane.

Now think about what would happen if Max hadn't saved Chloe the first time. Kate's video wouldn't be the center of attention anymore. The Prescott family would be part of a big scandle instead. Kate wouldn't try to kill herself either. Everything would happen the way it was supposed to.

Last but not least, I think Max will find all this out when finally meeting with Rachel Amber. Rachel will tell her something similar happened to her and she had to make a sacrifice (leaving town, disappearing). Max, realizing what she did, will be given a choice in the end:

1- Going back in time and letting Chloe die on the bathroom thus saving the town.

2- Sacrificing the town to save Chloe one last time (the death of many to save one life would be a just tradeoff for the universe).

If we were to choose the first option, during the rewind Max would remember all the great moments Chloe and her shared together in the last five days, a big emotional scene, and then finally letting Nathan kill her.

Going further back in time like this would make Max loose her power forever. So it would be a permanent choice. I guess she would also loose power after letting the town die though so that it feels permanent too.

OK, I mapped out a lot of things but I am sure some of this will turn out to be right. What do you guys think?

But Max started having visions before that, at the start of the first episode in the class I believe?

But the two choices you mention is what I was thinking about, the end will be a big choice between saving Chloe or the town.

Good theory :)

If we were to choose the first option, during the rewind Max would remember all the great moments Chloe and her shared together in the last five days, a big emotional scene, and then finally letting Nathan kill her. Going further back in time like this would make Max loose her power forever.

Haha I'm gonna quote myself here from this thread a while back because I had the same thought pattern on this.

I get why she does it, besides the first incident the other two are things that could happen to any teenager really. It does make me wonder about the story though
With her almost dying again with the train (The bullet backfiring can be avoided I'm sure, just don't tell her to shoot the bumper of the car) Is there like a Final Destination type thing where the timeline is trying to correct itself by keeping Chloe dead? If we have to save her life again in the 3rd episode I'm gonna start thinking something is up lol.

I do think this is going to be the case.

Episode One had been sitting in my library for several weeks. Decided to give it a go after finishing Bloodborne.

I'm so fucking glad I did. I haven't been so engrossed in a story and its characters since The Last of Us. There's just something about this game, I can't get it out of my head, whether it's the incredibly touching friendship between Chloe and Max, Arcadia Bay's haunting beauty, the fantastic soundtrack...
It's the quiet moments that really make it amazing for me I think. Chilling in Chloe's room while observing the multitude of details that paint her difficult past. Same thing at the scrapyard in episode two.

I was a bit afraid of the dialogue, having read a couple of reviews saying it was immersion-breakingly unrealistic, but I had no problem with it. Just makes the characters unique IMO.
Only disappointing thing is obviously the lip-sync. Really sad it can't be improved from what I read.

I always buy season passes for episodic games but I'll make an exception for this one. Will buy each episode individually to support DONTNOD.

Why is that?

From what I recall, they've got the first season budgeted out and can't spare the resources. They said they'd look into it for possible future seasons.

Every bump this thread gets, I come in hoping for a release date. I wish the initial 6 week schedule had turned out true, we'd already have Episode 3 by now if it were.

Guerrilla

From what I recall, they've got the first season budgeted out and can't spare the resources. They said they'd look into it for possible future seasons.

Every bump this thread gets, I come in hoping for a release date. I wish the initial 6 week schedule had turned out true, we'd already have Episode 3 by now if it were.

Will be out this wednesday, believe!

kubus

I think the 20-22 May thing might turn out to be true.

(Quoting in case anyone missed it)

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but we might have a time frame as to when episode 3 will release:

Guilbert will also share his experiences and insights in terms of content, production, distribution and customer feedback integration at DONTNOD, and how the studio has succeeded despite several preconceptions: That there’s no place for mid-range games, that the good characters are always male, that going episodic means losing money, and that episodic production is a nightmare.

As a bonus, Guilbert will also reveal details about the highly anticipated Episode 3: Chaos Theory of Life Is Strange, which will very likely be released during the conference.

Excited yet? DONTNOD CEO and industry game-changer Oskar Guilbert – another great reason to join us for Nordic Game 2015, 20-22 May in Malmö, Sweden.

NG15 keynote by Life is Strange CEO unveiled

Fret

Budget, I think. But they did say that if they ever wanted to do another LIS series, this would be in the top of their list.

If the game had great lip sync with better facial animations overall I'd be pretty perfect visually, I hope it's a priority next season

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

I think Max is actually "agent of fate" sent to fix something that shouldn't have happened, probably centers around Rachel Amber. My guess is the antagonist (the guy with the videos) has a similar power that he's been abusing. Could be asshole kid but I'm betting its the photography teacher

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
If the game had great lip sync with better facial animations overall I'd be pretty perfect visually, I hope it's a priority next season

Same here, but I don't really mind it, since the best moments are most often the silent ones (that's not to say the the dialogue really supports these moments too).

I just finished episode 2 and holy mother of god Chloe is lame. This character is close to single-handedly destroying the game for me.... The writing, the design, the voice-acting... absolutely painful

kubus

Other than being pretty messed up, she didn't care that rewinding time repeatedly made Max's nose bleed and she obviously wasn't too keen on doing it that many times. And the way just answering your phone pissed off Chloe was annoying.
Not to mention that she was pretty rude to Joyce as well.

I think the 20-22 May thing might turn out to be true.

(Quoting in case anyone missed it)

But you also have one of the producers saying this is not the case. All I've seen is that it is coming out this month. While speculation is fairly useless, if I had to guess, it would be announcement tomorrow or Thursday, trailer on Friday, and a release on Tuesday, but I'll wait for official channels and all that so whenever it comes I'll be ready!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
That shit with the phone was just outrageous.

& sending you on junkyard bottle quest.

other reasons mentioned already

I don't hate Chloe, but she went down a couple of pegs for me in Episode 2

Yeah. I thought her reaction to you talking to another friend who was close to suicide in an effort to comfort her and then getting mad you have other priorities was fucked up. Max should of told her to fuck off right then and there.

Top Bottom