• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

ScottbSE

Neo Member
My absolute pleasure - Life is Strange has a great community so I ensure I stop by wherever people are chatting about the game.

A retail version? That would be really cool but I've got no news on that.

I've made sure the Dontnod devs are aware of this thread so they might stop by sometime.

You guys can also catch me on Twitter @scottblows

Cheers

Choomp

Banned
I seriously can't wait for you to all play. Love reading all your reactions and thoughts on here. Thanks for being an awesome Gaf thread everyone

AMbSynt.png

That's so nice! Thanks for taking the time to talk to us on here.

Staf

I seriously can't wait for you to all play. Love reading all your reactions and thoughts on here. Thanks for being an awesome Gaf thread everyone

AMbSynt.png

Loved the two episodes so far. Keep up the good work. The biggest compliment i can give Life is strange is that the Witcher 3 is on hold until i've played through episode 3. And i am really looking forward to the Witcher 3.

AMbSynt.png
And thank you for being an awesome community manager and for taking your time to post here.
Also I have a question, when can we expect the trailer for episode 3 to come out?

hemo memo

Gold Member

AMbSynt.png

Thank you for being an awesome community manager and taking the time to talk to us.

Can't wait for episode 3 :)

Fret

Erm guys...

I just finished playing episode 3 for review, I'm going to spoiler this next bit. I won't spoil the ending, but jesus...

Throw out every single theory you have of what you think is going to happen at the end of episode 3. At the end all I could think is "what the fuck". This game just got crazy. The entire game has been turned on its head.

Does Dontnod give out review copies for episodes other than Episode 1?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
After careful consideration....

Play order will be Life is Strange, then Witcher. Can't wait to see what happens next

Wasp

I'm really looking forward to Episode 3. So far I'd say it's better than any game by Telltale, and far better value for money too.

Erm guys...

I just finished playing episode 3 for review, I'm going to spoiler this next bit. I won't spoil the ending, but jesus...

Throw out every single theory you have of what you think is going to happen at the end of episode 3. At the end all I could think is "what the fuck". This game just got crazy. The entire game has been turned on its head.

When will you be posting your review of episode 3?

wouwie

The wait for episode 3 didn't feel all that long this time. I'm always looking forward to the next episode of Life is Strange. I'm curious to see which direction the game will take.

Erm guys...

Yeah. That ending was incredibly unpredictable.

Now where is this thing going to go?

EDIT: Reviews are embargoed until 5pm Pacific on the 18th.

_woLf

House of Wolves, Witcher 3 and LiS Episode 3 all next week...and I'm still looking forward to this the most.

Thanks for stopping by, Scott :)

LUXURY

AMbSynt.png

You're awesome, the whole team involved in this game is awesome, and the game itself is awesome. I cannot remember the last time a game had me so emotionally invested. I feel like I'm there with Max experiencing her ever changing life. Keep blowing minds! :)

P.S I'd love a physical release as well. I'd buy twice for it.

House of Wolves, Witcher 3 and LiS Episode 3 all next week...and I'm still looking forward to this the most.

Thanks for stopping by, Scott :)

As should everyone.

This is the best thing coming next week. I cannot to see how they handle the big event from episode 2, really hoping it's an example of how to properly handle pretty big and story changing character choice.

Erm guys...

Fffffff-! Hype levels rising!

TheFatMan

Same day as witcher? Come on guys, youre killing me here...

Being as I've already purchased the season pass I plan on saving Ep.3 for a nice cool rainy day when I'm at home and have a few hours to kill!

I have a feeling there will be nothing relaxing about The Witcher 3 lol

Pilgrimzero

You're awesome, the whole team involved in this game is awesome, and the game itself is awesome. I cannot remember the last time a game had me so emotionally invested. I feel like I'm there with Max experiencing her ever changing life. Keep blowing minds! :)

P.S I'd love a physical release as well. I'd buy twice for it.

I too would double dip for a physical copy

I finished the first episode and didn't like some of the choices I made and I have hit a brick wall where I don't really want to replay the whole episode, but I don't really want to keep going with my crappy choices.

I wish this sort of game had a mode where after you finished an episode you could change your choices before moving forward. Like, in a Choose Your Own Adventure novel it is really easy to go all the way down a path and then back up and take another one without starting over from the beginning.

I saw the injured bird but forgot to go back and help it, and I forgot to water the plant.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
very unhappy with the second episode and I don't think I'll keep playing

what behavior is the game actually rewarding by insisting that I stalk every player on the off-chance I'll have to remember micro-details in order to save their lives? What's the point? What's the message? What're you actually rewarding here? You're going to design a game around a rewind mechanic and then arbitrarily take it away to create "drama"? Really? That's dramatic?

I'm out. I appreciate the ambition but the narrative is completely confused.

Chaos17

what behavior is the game actually rewarding by insisting that I stalk every player on the off-chance I'll have to remember micro-details in order to save their lives? What's the point? What's the message? What're you actually rewarding here? You're going to design a game around a rewind mechanic and then arbitrarily take it away to create "drama"? Really? That's dramatic?

I personally didn't remember anything perticular to save
Kate
I just told her what was in my heart.

You're being a bit dramatic there. She was obviously
troubled, and taking a look around her room would have been normal in that situation. Or if you didn't care about that character, her death probably didn't affect you.

Pilgrimzero

It's an adventure game, snooping is a staple of the genre.

As for Kate,
I wanted her to live
so I looked up the correct responses on my iproduct when I got to that part.

Fret

what behavior is the game actually rewarding by insisting that I stalk every player on the off-chance I'll have to remember micro-details in order to save their lives? What's the point? What's the message? What're you actually rewarding here?

You're two episodes into a five episode game, aren't we all expecting that her choices and snooping is eventually going to turn out to be bad? Butterfly effect, etc?

You're also playing a character in a game, you're not playing yourself. Whatever the character does isn't necessarily what you would do.

Top Bottom