• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Chloe is probably my favourite character from life is strange and I really didn't mind the bitchyness in episode 2. People are saying that her interrupting the phone call but I don't think she knew that Kate was suicidal, her making me look for the fifth bottle was worse.

Corpekata

Banned
Chloe suffered in episode 2 due to constraints of the game design. So she's got you hunting bottles and flipping the fuck out that you'd dare answer a call in her vicinity.

Chloe is probably my favourite character from life is strange and I really didn't mind the bitchyness in episode 2. People are saying that her interrupting the phone call but I don't think she knew that Kate was suicidal, her making me look for the fifth bottle was worse.

Content of the call hardly matters. Anyone that acts that way in that context is an ass. Especially when they were about to get into a car and drive a long distance, so it's not like she needed immediate attention.

I don't think it's really meant to reflect on her character as much as the designers really fucked up on that decision.

_woLf

I like Chloe but I don't think I've ever had a friend who would be upset with me for simply taking a phone call with someone really quickly before we went out and did anything.

That was a strange reaction and made me wonder what her deal was.

Choomp

Banned
Chloe suffered in episode 2 due to constraints of the game design. So she's got you hunting bottles and flipping the fuck out that you'd dare answer a call in her vicinity.

Content of the call hardly matters. Anyone that acts that way in that context is an ass. Especially when they were about to get into a car and drive a long distance, so it's not like she needed immediate attention.

I don't think it's really meant to reflect on her character as much as the designers really fucked up on that decision.

Agree wholeheartedly. I still like Chloe overall after that episode, most of the stuff was there a lot more to fill and didn't really feel genuinely in her character.

Liamc723

Dontnod pick the absolute worst dates to release the episodes on :(

Episode 2 on the release day of Bloodborne
Episode 3 on the release day of The Witcher 3

Dontnod pick the absolute worst dates to release the episodes on :(

Episode 2 on the release day of Bloodborne
Episode 3 on the release day of The Witcher 3
The really do and it's not that it'll take away sales imo. It's that The people who have an interest in both games will play the bigger game first I think.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
If episode 4 and 5 do release in those dates, I'm gonna laugh my butt off.

May 19 huh.

The Witcher 3 can wait another day.

Max and Chloe can't.

Destiny expansion can wait a fucking month for all I care. But my dumb ass paid for it.

jakomocha

That would be a LONG wait between episode 4 and 5, I think the longest wait yet for an episodic game.
Nope, unfortunately. Batman Arkham Knight and MGSV are 70 days apart. There were 3 months and 20 days (112 days total) between the release of Tales from the Borderlands Episode 1 and 2. TWAU Ep. 1 and 2 were released 3 months & 24 days apart (116 days total)- this wait was particularly painful because TWAU Episode 1 ended on a huge cliffhanger. Also, while I don't own either of them, the first act of Kentucky Route Zero was released at the beginning of 2013 and it still isn't done and Broken Age Act 1 & 2 came out over a year apart.

Sorry for all the statistics lol. I still really hope it doesn't take that long between Episode 4 and 5 of LiS, even though it'd be pretty hilarious if each of them released on those dates. The waits between episodes aren't even that long in LiS, especially when compared to other episodic games, yet they are still so painful lol.

Oh and speaking of Tales from the Borderlands, it's been nearly 2 months since Episode 2 came out and we've gotten barely any information about Episode 3. I really hope it doesn't take as long to come out as the last episode.

EDIT:
Also, for anyone curious, I really recommend TftB if you like LiS. You don't need to play the Borderlands games to understand or enjoy it (it does have spoilers for them though) and the four main characters (of which you play two) are incredibly likable.

Grisby

Yeah, I'll probably put the Witcher on hold and check out episode 3. FF14 still has me deep too.

For the record, I like Chloe ok, but she is a bit of an ass in episode 2.

Finally got around to playing Episode 2 today because of the announcement that Ep. 3 is next week.

Damn, it was great. Sure the phone call and junkyard with Chloe were off, but everything else was the fucking tops. Every major decision was really difficult for me to make except the last. I agonized over all of them but
ratting on Nathan's punk ass. I failed to save Kate, by the way, which was nuts. Probably cause I didn't answer her call. I just knew a power failure was coming any second with all the heavy foreshadowing, but damn was it a powerful moment.
The story and characters are just really well written. It definitely seems like the decisions will have a major impact on the story and not just some Telltale bullshit.

Loving it so far, great job DontNod.

carlsojo

I'll happily take a break from Witcher for Life is Strange, especially since I believe Witcher unlocks 8pm et the 18th. Four hours of Witcher is plenty, then I can relax and enjoy LiS.

jakomocha

Finally got around to playing Episode 2 today because of the announcement that Ep. 3 is next week.

Damn, it was great. Sure the phone call and junkyard with Chloe were off, but everything else was the fucking tops.
Every major decision was really difficult for me to make except the last. I agonized over all of them but ratting on Nathan's punk ass. I failed to save Kate, by the way, which was nuts. Probably cause I didn't answer her call. I just knew a power failure was coming any second with all the heavy foreshadowing, but damn was it a powerful moment.
The story and characters are just really well written. It definitely seems like the decisions will have a major impact on the story and not just some Telltale bullshit.

Loving it so far, great job DontNod.
Should probably spoiler tag that, as this isn't the spoiler thread.

Anyways,I still really like Chloe but she irritated me more in Episode 2 than 1. She also had more likable moments (the diner and
the railroad track scene before the train comes
) in Episode 2 though, so it kind of "cancelled out".

Szadek

Can't wait for episode 3.
The climax of the last episode did a great job at putting me at the right mindset for the reset of the game.
Now I will pay even more attention to the story and the surroundings.

Should probably spoiler tag that, as this isn't the spoiler thread.

Anyways,I still really like Chloe but she irritated me more in Episode 2 than 1. She also had more likable moments (the diner and
the railroad track scene before the train comes
) in Episode 2 though, so it kind of "cancelled out".
Sorry, I thought spoilers were allowed! I fixed it.

In defense of Chloe:
Max just got back after not calling her for years right after her other beat friend (girlfriend?) disappeared and presumably died, so Chloe is hyper sensitive to anything like that. She probably expected Max to leave if she took the call. Still an overreaction, but it does kinda make sense.

Liamc723

Erm guys...

I just finished playing episode 3 for review, I'm going to spoiler this next bit. I won't spoil the ending, but jesus...

Throw out every single theory you have of what you think is going to happen at the end of episode 3. At the end all I could think is "what the fuck". This game just got crazy. The entire game has been turned on its head.

spekkeh

Banned
Erm guys...

I just finished playing episode 3 for review, I'm going to spoiler this next bit. I won't spoil the ending, but jesus...

Throw out every single theory you have of what you think is going to happen at the end of episode 3. At the end all I could think is "what the fuck". This game just got crazy. The entire game has been turned on its head.

Good.

Erm guys...

Sounds great
I assume it gets crazy in a good way

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Not highlighting that! But good to see it's setting the next episode well.

Certinty

Erm guys...

I hope that's more in a good rather than bad way.

What's the episode like compared to the previous two?

Liamc723

I hope that's more in a good rather than bad way.

What's the episode like compared to the previous two?

Personally, I thought it was a good thing. It is pretty mad though, I could give you 100 guesses as to what happens and I'm almost certain you wouldn't get it right haha

Overall I didn't think the episode was as good as the previous 2, but it's still Life Is Strange.

Nuke Soda

Was reading through Game Informer and found out that Ashly Burch voices Chloe, did not even dawn on me until I read it. Hopefully Chloe gets better in episode 3 after being a total ass in episode 2.

Personally, I thought it was a good thing. It is pretty mad though, I could give you 100 guesses as to what happens and I'm almost certain you wouldn't get it right haha

Overall I didn't think the episode was as good as the previous 2, but it's still Life Is Strange.
does it feel forced?

Violet_0

Banned
Erm guys...

aliens, I knew it

Grisby

Erm guys...

No way, I knew Max would be Thanos.

MaKTaiL

Erm guys...

Me and my friend were discussing a couple of days back what could possibly happen at the end of Episode 3. What could possibly be worse than an Eclipse? We thought about
an earthquake
as the only possible option before the big Tornado on Episode 5. But I guess we were wrong. Can't wait to find out. You got me more hyped than ever now, hahahahaha.

kubus

Aaah kinda want to highlight that spoiler but I shouldn't! I won't!

eoQ4fZK.png

hype :D

That isn't Episode 2!
Jesus christ you're fast, I edited it out the second I saw my submitted post XD

ScottbSE

Neo Member
I seriously can't wait for you to all play. Love reading all your reactions and thoughts on here. Thanks for being an awesome Gaf thread everyone

AMbSynt.png

kubus

Awww :D That's so sweet!

Thank you for being an awesome community manager and taking the time to chat with us and hang out with the community :). I knew Dontnod was something special after I played Remember Me and Life Is Strange confirms those feelings for me. So thank you Life is Strange team for making such a great game! This thread wouldn't have been so energetic if you didn't ;).

Now, quick, everyone! Analyze that picture for any hidden messages about episode 4 release date :p

Top Bottom