• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Yeah I agree with everyone else saying the ending of episode 3 was fantastic.

About episode 4
I hope it won't revert back to the original Chloe too quickly, even though I adore her. I want to know if the Chloe we got a glimpse of in the end of ep 3 is actually happy with her life, happier than emo Chloe in a way. That could give Max a very interesting choice to make.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rampant speculation:
What if "William is alive" is the timeline Rachel disappeared to?

Manu

Anyone else having problems with some of the optional photos?

On Chloe's house, Joyce says "can you get this bird outta here?" but I can only hear a bird, I can't see it. I googled and the bird should be there.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it as soon as I posted this. Guide says "on the refrigerator" but it wasn't there -_-

I know we're all assuming that by the end of episode 4
the timeline will return back to normal
but seeing how this is a "your choices matters" game that we at least get the option of it happening or not, since I'm sure despite everything many of us will find that
the new timeline is probably better than the old one
so short of
William requesting it himself, I don't see myself wanting to change it back

but seeing how this is a "your choices matters" game that we at least get the option of it happening or not, since I'm sure despite everything many of us will find that
so short of
Don't count on it, that would mean they'd have to create
two different timelines worth of content and that's too expensive. If AAA games don't even want to do this don't expect something to the extent of LiS to do it:(

Sulik2

so short of

I think its more likely that all of the time hopping is going to cause a rift in time in space. Some sort of black hole that causes that crazy tornado. Max jumps to a different time line again to try and prevent it from happening and wakes up at her school desk at the start of episode 1 and is now stuck in a time loop by the end of episode 4. 5 is going to be somehow breaking the loop, probably involving Chloe or Max dying.

Chaos17

Don't count on it, that would mean they'd have to create
two different timelines worth of content and that's too expensive. If AAA games don't even want to do this don't expect something to the extent of LiS to do it:(

But that would be make them so better than TellTales games if they do that :eek:ur choices would finally matter in long term and not just in Witcher serie.

Holy crap. I just finished Episode 3. This is most mind blowing twist I have seen in a game since 999. Just wow.
Try Stein gates the game or the anime, you won't be disapointed if like twist like ep 3 :)

Geido

What a truly great game. Love every second of it!

Can't wait for episode 4!!

VORTEX DANCE PARTY WOOOOOOH

Funny that I have no interested in starting Game of Thrones episode 4, even though I downloaded it the day it came out and played the first 3 eps all in two days when I got the game. But I can't wait to play LIS ep 4. I hope someone at Telltale Games plays Life Is Strange and takes notes.

_woLf

Finally finished episode 3.

WHAT THE FUCK.

This game is effecting my emotions more than any game in a very, very long time. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO :(

I don't want this game to ever end.

Labrys

Is anyone else having issues with freezing/stalling?

It'll do this thing, the screen will freeze but the audio will still play. If I hit CTL+ALT+DEL and then exit out the prompt it seems to make it continue from the stall, but this has happening multiple times in the same sequence, minutes apart. It's really frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

Guerrilla

Finally finished episode 3.

WHAT THE FUCK.

This game is effecting my emotions more than any game in a very, very long time. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO :(

I don't want this game to ever end.

This, it's insane. I'm a 30yo adult running arround my place all giddy because of the mind explosion ep3 left behind. The character writing is sooooo good, nearly everyone feels well fleshed out and 3-Dimensional. After this episode there really is no bad guy, just people, with their faults and mistakes. It's so tangible, alive. I'm baffled.

Thanks Dontnod, you have done an amazing job! I hope this is doing well. Do we know the sales numbers?

Corpekata

Banned
Is anyone else having issues with freezing/stalling?

It'll do this thing, the screen will freeze but the audio will still play. If I hit CTL+ALT+DEL and then exit out the prompt it seems to make it continue from the stall, but this has happening multiple times in the same sequence, minutes apart. It's really frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

Does it happen in anything else? This sounds like the driver crashes Nvidia introduced in their recent drivers. By sound continuing is it looping or like, dialogue will continue?

wrowa

The ending of ep 3 is the first time in Life is Strange that a major plot point does nothing for me, actually. :/

Mostly because it lacked a surprise moment, imo. When Max started getting sucked into the past, it was quite obvious that everything she'll do there will only make the future worse. That's just the most generic time-travel cliche ever. I made the assumption that Chloe will likely have had some sort of accident as soon as the photo of her with the key for a car was shown, so the revelation that she's indeed disabled wasn't really surprising to me.

In general, I just don't find the idea of an "alternative reality" very interesting, since that is just something that has been done to death. I liked the characters in the old reality, I liked what I've done there and I'm not really interested in re-orienting myself in the new environment. But let's see what episode 4 will bring to the table.

I wonder if Max will gain the ability to jump between the timelines in the next episode. That would open up the possibility that the end of episode 5 - and thus of the game - will be the decision whether or not you want to continue living in the old or the new reality. I"m not sure how I'd feel about that, but it would make for a very dramatic ending with an extremely difficult decision.

Astral

I think tomorrow I'm gonna just go ahead and buy episodes 2 and 3. I miss Victoria and Kate. I hope they didn't, like, die or something.

aaaaa0

I wonder if Max will gain the ability to jump between the timelines in the next episode. That would open up the possibility that the end of episode 5 - and thus of the game - will be the decision whether or not you want to continue living in the old or the new reality. I"m not sure how I'd feel about that, but it would make for a very dramatic ending with an extremely difficult decision.

That would explain where Rachel Amber went, actually. :-o

Labrys

Does it happen in anything else? This sounds like the driver crashes Nvidia introduced in their recent drivers. By sound continuing is it looping or like, dialogue will continue?

Sound loops, yeah, like ambient noises or music. Dialogue will stop completely.
I haven't noticed it in any other games I've played recently, just Life is Strange.

Cdammen

Just finished episode 3, does anyone feel that the Prescott's
"land work" have disturbed some sacred native american ground? Thus giving Max, the blablaba pure of heart, the power to rewind time to fix these problems? The totem pole on the camp ground just gives me that vibe and I think butteflies are a part of native american folklore. The butterfly maiden or something.

Eklesp

When Max was wearing Rachel's clothes I was thinking, what if Max ends up going back in time and taking her identity or becoming her now.

How many of you bastards
threw the dog bone in the street?

MikeDown

Banned
Just finished episode 3, does anyone feel that the Prescott's
"land work" have disturbed some sacred native american ground? Thus giving Max, the blablaba pure of heart, the power to rewind time to fix these problems? The totem pole on the camp ground just gives me that vibe and I think butteflies are a part of native american folklore. The butterfly maiden or something.
I think
Max's power are going to tie into the Native Americans in some way. I expect it to turn into the shining or something, with the Indian spirits trying to steal max's powers.

When Max was wearing Rachel's clothes I was thinking, what if Max ends up going back in time and taking her identity or becoming her now.

How many of you bastards

I wanted Frank to suffer!!!!!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

How many of you bastards

You expect me to risk him coming back and jeopardizing my SNEAKING MISSION? Whatevs...

Haly

Wow you people are some heartless fuckers.

ViviOggi

I wanted Frank to suffer!!!!!
You expect me to risk him coming back and jeopardizing my SNEAKING MISSION? Whatevs...

Arizato

Holy crap at that Episode 3 ending!

Decided to play through Episode 2 and 3 after putting it off for months now and I really regret not doing it earlier! Episode 2 was a drag until the ending and Episode 3 was great all the way through!

_Ryo_

So... episode 2 and 3 questions

What happens in episode 3 if you don't
save Kate in episode 2?
If you
Saved Kate
a lot of people remind you of it and call you heroic and treat you really well and everyone mentions how they can't believe she almost committed suicide. People believe that you're someone who genuinely cares and comment on that and the entire world reflects upon it. You even get texts from Kate herself. People show a lot of concern for Kate's well being, and show her support, talk about her. It's very atmospheric.

What is the dynamic like if you didn't save her? Is there a funeral? What do people say about Kate and you not saving her? How do people treat you?

Also
What happens if you don't save William?

Choices in this game seem much more impactful than anything Telltale has done.

Haly

Also

I don't know about the
Kate deal but there's no option to not save William. That part is set in stone.

Corpekata

Banned

save Kate in episode 2?
If you
Saved Kate
a lot of people remind you of it and call you heroic and treat you really well and everyone mentions how they can't believe she almost committed suicide. People believe that you're someone who genuinely cares and comment on that and the entire world reflects upon it. You even get texts from Kate herself. People show a lot of concern for Kate's well being, and show her support, talk about her. It's very atmospheric.

What is the dynamic like if you didn't save her? Is there a funeral? What do people say about Kate and you not saving her? How do people treat you?

Also

You can't avoid saving him. Game forces you to.

Katori

I think tomorrow I'm gonna just go ahead and buy episodes 2 and 3. I miss Victoria and Kate. I hope they didn't, like, die or something.
If you're going that far in, just buy the Season Pass. I'm pretty confident in their momentum after 3's fantastic performance.

save Kate in episode 2?
If you
Saved Kate

Also

I've heard if you don't save her Max gets angry at people and everybody's way more depressed.

LeonSPBR

I really want to hear from someone who chose that yet didn't even think to consider a possible obvious consequence to that

I almost chose that, then I stop to think twice and I considered this game take things seriously so I figured
that the dog would be killed if I throw the bone on the street.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm a huge fan of this game, and I just finally got caught up. I can't wait to play the next chapter live and talk about it here. I have some theories, but I'm going to read over this thread first, and see what everyone else is thinking. I'll read the OP of course. Anyways, really excited.

On another note, I haven't played a game in a long time that has made me feel this way. I mean, sure the Last of Us is what it is (a masterpiece of drama). I'm not making those claims here. But I just love the atmosphere of this game. The music. The tone/style. The characters and story are 100% up my ally. It's just a game that ticks off everything I want. I love it. Flaws aside, this game is what I've been waiting for.

jrush64

Banned
I'm a huge fan of this game, and I just finally got caught up. I can't wait to play the next chapter live and talk about it here. I have some theories, but I'm going to read over this thread first, and see what everyone else is thinking. I'll read the OP of course. Anyways, really excited.

On another note, I haven't played a game in a long time that has made me feel this way. I mean, sure the Last of Us is what it is (a masterpiece of drama). I'm not making those claims here. But I just love the atmosphere of this game. The music. The tone/style. The characters and story are 100% up my ally. It's just a game that ticks off everything I want. I love it. Flaws aside, this game is what I've been waiting for.

100% agree with you. There's just something about this game. Its so charming.

Mononoke

Banned
100% agree with you. There's just something about this game. Its so charming.

Yeah. Like, for all the flaws, the game just comes together as this incredibly charming package. You are right. And the game just has these scenes and moments that really stay with me. Game has the best Intros/Outros too (great use of music and scene setting).

I could go on and on. I just love this game so much.

LUXURY

Yeah. Like, for all the flaws, the game just comes together as this incredibly charming package. You are right. And the game just has these scenes and moments that really stay with me. Game has the best Intros/Outros too (great use of music and scene setting).

I could go on and on. I just love this game so much.

Yeah. When it ends after episode five in going to have a real problem. In going to miss it so much. It's the only game I really look forward to playing these days. I feel like I'm literally in their world when I play it. That's how well they tell their story. I beg for a season two and I would also totally double dip on a physical release.

BTW did you guys see that LiS was the second most trending game on YouTube last month? Right after the Witcher 3.
Im sure I really helped with that because I watch so much LiS vids for the reactions.
Article is on kotaku but I can't link because my phone doesn't like that site.

HiiiLife

So this game is pretty awesome. Funny how down pat they nailed HS life. Haha.

Gonna be getting TWD and TWAU tomorrow... I think games like this are the change of pace I needed from action/shooters.

Fuck your selfie.

Throwing the bone into the street. Man, some of y'all are seriously fucked up.

I hate Frank too, but come on...what did the dog do to deserve that fate?

jakomocha

I beat Episode 3 when it came out, but didn't write anything then. I've loved every episode, with Episode 3 being my favorite. Holy shit at that ending. As an
incredibly awkward
teenager in HS myself, I'd say they did a pretty admirable job at emulating the way we speak, some lines are certainly cringey (especially the use of hella, although I hear that's actually pretty common in some places) but as a whole they did a pretty good job especially in regards to texting. The dialogue has seemed to improve in each episode, but maybe that's just me. Some of the characters are unrealistically pretentious (like that guy in Episode 1 who won't let you look in his photo book unless you answer questions) or intelligent for their age though. Also, I'm pretty confused on Blackwell. Chloe was supposedly
expelled like two years previously
, but it's supposed to be a school for only seniors (which doesn't even really make sense when you think about it)?

So this game is pretty awesome. Funny how down pat they nailed HS life. Haha.

Gonna be getting TWD and TWAU tomorrow... I think games like this are the change of pace I needed from action/shooters.

Fuck your selfie.
Enjoy them, they are both amazing games. You should also check out Tales from the Borderlands. Also, TWD's gameplay may seem a little janky and boring, especially when compared to LiS's gameplay, but trust me the story makes it more than worth it. It is one of my favorite games ever.

Agreed. This game takes my breath away. I've just finally got round to finishing episode 3 and that ending made me tear up a bit. Holy shit. This game man, this game is something special. One of those games I'm never going to forget for the rest of my life. It's so full of atmosphere. Never has a game given me such hard choices with crazy consequences. And messing with time is one of the biggest things you can mess with, emphasising how hard these choices are. Butterfly effect is not to be messed with!

carlsojo

Maybe they'll announce release date for Episode 4 at E3?
SquareEnix plz

Maybe even Season 2? (Or a prequel season where you play as Rachel Amber, that'd be wild.)

micster

Why are so many people scrambling for a prequel/sequel/season two? LIS is one of the best things I've ever played and - I'm sure - it's going to act best as a self contained story. Tacking things on would just devalue it massively.

Especially as we've no idea how this is even going to end yet.

Why are so many people scrambling for a prequel/sequel/season two? LIS is one of the best things I've ever played and - I'm sure - it's going to act best as a self contained story. Tacking things on would just devalue it massively.

People aren't really asking for a continuation of the story but for a second game in the same vein. At least, that's the impression I get when I see people talk about a seaosn 2 and personally that's what I'd want to.

carlsojo

Oh no, I want this story to be self contained, I just want to see more games like it maybe set in the same universe. The Rachel Amber prequel I just thought would be cool.

Top Bottom