• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

sarcoa

Has anyone's order from the last...month shipped?

I received email updates about Jotun and NeuroVoider (which was coupled with Drive Drive Drive) but nothing regarding Plague Road and Oceanhorn.

I get that Limited Run is ramping up their business, and I'm happy for their success, but they used to have pretty quick turnaround time with orders.

I received email updates about Jotun and NeuroVoider (which was coupled with Drive Drive Drive) but nothing regarding Plague Road and Oceanhorn.

I get that Limited Run is ramping up their business, and I'm happy for their success, but they used to have pretty quick turnaround time with orders.

Iirc they said Plague Road/Oceanhorn will only start shipping early next week (8/14).

Weevilone

No, I don't think they've shipped anything since the July 7 round.

takoyaki

Any news on the bundle yet?

I like the idea of doing bundles for collectors, they just screwed up last time by having it go up later than the other games and without any advance notice.

Ventara

Speaking of shipping, has anyone from Canada recently received anything? Did you get charged custom fees?

Few weeks back they were using a new shipping company that were charging custom fees and whatnot. Really don't want to be hit by that, and just wondering if they've switched to something better since.

Semoreh

Anyways, my apologies for being grumpy. I will try to refrain from posting here. I still love the games, but I feel that it needs to be easier. It isn't deserving of the mindshare that it requires to keep up.

Don't refrain, as long as you're honest in your criticism :)

Can't wait for Night Trap, it is finally time to release my orders *_*
(Hopefully it won't be shipped too slowly)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So after 4 days they finally got back to me about Wonder Boy and my order with 2 copies of the standard.

Their reply was simply "Your order will not be cancelled"

So does that mean I'm getting all 3 copies?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm with ya. It's a neat game for the history behind it, and I'd like to have a Sega CD copy, but it's not something I'm super interested in really playing (along with most other FMV games). Still cool that it exists again, and I'm happy that other people are hyped up for it.

I lucked into finding a copy of the Sega CD Night Trap (the original red label one!) and bought it a couple months ago. Playing that actually makes me want this rerelease more to see the video in higher definition, check out the new modes, etc. I'm pretty hyped.

BTW Night Trap is like the Dark Souls of FMV games. Even with an FAQ in front of you, you have to be sharp and maintain focus for a solid half an hour. (Not having a sticky B button helps, too...)

Since this thread right now is worrying about Night Trap, can I change the topic back to what it used to be and tell LRG how to run their company?

I want a physical version of Hellblade. I'm trying to resist the temptation of buying it right now in the hopes someone steps up and makes it physical.

The_Kid

Wonder Boy was one thing but Night Trap...

I wonder what people's strategies are for getting all 3 items that are going up? Are some going to be harder than others?

I've only purchased to games from LRG (one of them being Skull Girls, lol) so what's this "bundle" talk? You guys got me worries since I really want that Night Trap collector's edition.

i-Jest

Speaking of shipping, has anyone from Canada recently received anything? Did you get charged custom fees?

Few weeks back they were using a new shipping company that were charging custom fees and whatnot. Really don't want to be hit by that, and just wondering if they've switched to something better since.

I didn't get hit with customs when Dariusburst CS and Furi came in the mail.

Cactus

Banned

I love what LRG are doing, but if I'm charged customs fees for Monster Boy, I'll probably just import the asian version of Ys and wait the extra month for delivery.

hawk2025

LRGGGG!!

What do you guys think of this:

Behind the scenes, Sony will add support for bundle and compilation discs, with or without add-ons, and discs which support games and add-ons (such as in a Game of the Year Edition) which don't need developers to rework any code.

Am I reading this right? Will compilation discs be super easy to make now?

Tapejara

LRGGGG!!

What do you guys think of this:

Am I reading this right? Will compilation discs be super easy to make now?

That's my guess as well. Even if this doesn't impact many LRG titles it'll be nice to buy compilation discs and not have one of the games be a digital download.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
LRG will be doing an interview on next week's RetroRGB podcast. I'll try to remember to post the link here next Wednesday when it's posted.

Could it be one of the games that were never going to happen? NAH, it's probably a highly anticipated visual novel; either that or Soul Sacrifice Delta :p

No reason for SSD when it is still readily available if you look around enough. We really do not need a bunch of Asian English physical releases getting released through LRG as well.

No reason for SSD when it is still readily available if you look around enough. We really do not need a bunch of Asian English physical releases getting released through LRG as well.

Yeah that wouldn't seem to qualify as a "magnum opus" to me. Just bringing something that was already available as an Asian/English release isn't a big enough achievement to make Doug this happy.

I think it's gotta either be:

1) The first fruit of their movement into localizations; or

2) Something that nobody up until now has gotten like Supergiant games or from a big publisher like SE or Bamco.

i-Jest

That part was more of a joke than anything.

Yeah that wouldn't seem to qualify as a "magnum opus" to me. Just bringing something that was already available as an Asian/English release isn't a big enough achievement to make Doug this happy.

I think it's gotta either be:

1) The first fruit of their movement into localizations; or

2) Something that nobody up until now has gotten like Supergiant games or from a big publisher like SE or Bamco.

Yeah, I was thinking it could possibly have something to do with localization, but I don't know how much they've grown as a company to be doing that yet. There are still plenty of announced games in the OP list to go through. It just seems like a lot of food on ones plate to get all those games out, sign new ones continually, and localize on the side. Maybe I'm wrong but are they at that point now?

I think I remember reading something about Square Enix not making any effort to contact them. Bandai Namco boulder be a big achievement if it happened though.

A few details have been floating in regard to the 32X cover variant for Night Trap. Basically, it's still a part of the rewards program and a few copies will randomly be placed inside some of the collector's editions. Like the original ticket redemption plan, a forty-ticket tier will be available for those looking to exchange for a sealed version of the game with the artwork while a ten-ticket option offers just a loose cover. It will be offered indefinitely until all copies have been redeemed. However, the variant hasn't gone into production as an "unexpected" issue has caused a delay leading to a situation that's out of their control. Sources drawn from an admin post on the forum and a string of messages on Twitter.

A few details have been floating in regard to the 32X cover variant for Night Trap. Basically, it's still a part of the rewards program and a few copies will randomly be placed inside some of the collector's editions. Like the original ticket redemption plan, a forty-ticket tier will be available for those looking to exchange for a sealed version of the game with the artwork while a ten-ticket option offers just a loose cover. It will be offered indefinitely until all copies have been redeemed. However, the variant hasn't gone into production as an "unexpected" issue has caused a delay leading to a situation that's out of their control. Sources drawn from an admin post on the forum and a string of messages on Twitter.

Wait, how are they being placed in collector's editions, assuming those will start shipping out within the week?

Fata Morgana everyone!

Honestly, Atelier Arland trilogy would be magnum opus for me. Physical versions of three of my favourite Vita games that I'll be able to play forever.

Yall know what I'm going to say. ;D

Announcements pls. :p

They've got a mystery game releasing in just over 7 days that hasn't been revealed yet; then another one in just over 14 days. I wonder what the hold-up is.

By the way, Munch's Oddysee HD would be a massive deal for me too, but I don't think it's that :p

Still, surely it's time for them to do a run of that, right?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
UNIfGH6l.jpg
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/895641550121820160

https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/fmv-friday-mega-bundle

blazeuk

Mega bundle is nice, the low numbers will probably mean it'll sell out quickly and end up causing people to then miss out on trying to get them individually too though.

The_Kid

I really don't know what is a good strategy here. I want the collectors Edition, the vinyl, and the dvd. But I dont want to spend upwards of hundreds on a bundle and have an even lower likelihood of getting that.

Top Bottom