• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

i-Jest

I've read to much tweets like this in the last couple of months. I'm afraid I'm tired of all that teasing (and sadly most of the time it's never the game I'm really hoping for)

I would love to see more straight announcements, but I guess teasing is a big part of the game.

What games are you hoping for?

What games are you hoping for?

Atelier, Stranger of Sword City Revisited (Though it seems like this may actually happen), VNs (I need the Sekai stuff), mostly japanese games in general. I think there are a good amount of games with a decent chance for a LRG release.

Also some indies like Severed or the Steamworld games.

Think I'm leaning towards skipping The Bunker and just going for the Night Trap CE. If it were $25 I'd probably grab it, but between my backlog, all the games coming out this month (some we don't even know yet), YS VIII CE next month, and fall releases, I really need to start reigning in some of my spending.

My general method is asking myself "Would I buy this at $XX.XX if it was abundantly available but it never dipped in price?" Since I buy these games to play, their collector value has a limited appeal to me.

Moofers

Things I'd like to see from LRG:

-Less vague teasing of announcements
-Less complaining about customers on twitter
-Limit one per order for all games. If you want two copies, make two orders.

I just don't see that happening. If they can still sell out a print run in minutes (hell, even over a weekend) then there is no incentive for them to change any of these practices. They will continue to litter various channels of the internet with incomplete pieces of their messaging and leave it to their fans to reassemble into something resembling a message. They will tease projects months or in some cases more than a year before release and they will continue to pepper Twitter, GAF and Reddit with passive aggressive complaints about their customers.

Strongly agree with one per order. If anyone wants to play Gaming Moses with two by twos, let them but do it separate.

I just noticed how ridiculous the mega bundle is. I want the CE, vinyl, blu-Ray, and the other game. I figure, great, just need to do a bundle! No, they shoved an extra normal copy and shirt in there too.

So I have to scramble to get all that between 2 runs. Probably the last LRG I do if this is what I need to expect from the future. I hate saying that as a longtime fan and defender, but the way these recent releases have been handled, and just the general tone of everything, it's really pushed back on my purchases, and maybe I'll just drop it altogether after this.

I know I'm a drop in the bucket, but man it's just frustrating more then fun and exciting now.

I just noticed how ridiculous the mega bundle is. I want the CE, vinyl, blu-Ray, and the other game. I figure, great, just need to do a bundle! No, they shoved an extra normal copy and shirt in there too.

So I have to scramble to get all that between 2 runs. Probably the last LRG I do if this is what I need to expect from the future. I hate saying that as a longtime fan and defender, but the way these recent releases have been handled, and just the general tone of everything, it's really pushed back on my purchases, and maybe I'll just drop it altogether after this.

I know I'm a drop in the bucket, but man it's just frustrating more then fun and exciting now.

We can't add too many bundles without splitting the inventory too much. If we create more bundles there will be fewer copies assigned to each bundle and even more angry people.

After talking about it for awhile we decided our die hard fans just want to click once for everything we have that day so we should make a mega bundle.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
We can't add too many bundles without splitting the inventory too much. If we create more bundles there will be fewer copies assigned to each bundle and even more angry people.

After talking about it for awhile we decided our die hard fans just want to click once for everything we have that day so we should make a mega bundle.

It would be idealistic to have a few different bundles, but the above is exactly why it can't really happen on this print run. If anything, the extra items CAN easily be sold off to people that would gladly take it.

I just hope you guys try and get a few Ys bundle options, since the print run is a tiny bit higher.

At just 125, isn't the mega bundle going to disappear faster than if someone selected each item individually.

How many units of the bundle were there last week?

zeopower6

Vague teasing is the lifeblood of promotion and hype.

Probably could do less of the complaints but it's likely with good reason given some of the things people say and spam them with.

I think the one per order should be from the get go though. What is the reason for two copies in first batch?

Weevilone

I can totally see wasting enough time on the mega bundle that you wind up missing everything.

also:

takoyaki

I don't have any nostalgia for Night Trap and don't care about vinyls or the tshirt, so the bundle is a bit too much for me. But I think this is a good approach for die-hard fans and collectors, I'd definitely consider purchasing bundles for other games. This is the next best thing to a subscription service imo, hope it works out for them and future bundles can have larger runs.

And thanks for getting the word out early LRG, It will be very interesting to see how quickly the bundle sells out.

Semoreh

I don't have any nostalgia for Night Trap and don’t care about vinyls or the tshirt, so the bundle is a bit too much for me. But I think this is a good approach for die-hard fans and collectors, I'd definitely consider purchasing bundles for other games. This is the next best thing to a subscription service imo, hope it works out for them and future bundles can have larger runs.

And thanks for getting the word out early LRG, It will be very interesting to see how quickly the bundle sells out.

It is actually so close to the subscription system that it has the same flaw : if you're not interested by a single item then it's not for you ^^

More choice the better though !

takoyaki

It is actually so close to the subscription system that it has the same flaw : if you're not interested by a single item then it's not for you ^^

More choice the better though !

haha, yup. But I think it's good to have a "one-and-done" option for collectors / fans of a particular game, you can always sell the vinyl, bluray or a game you don't want to someone on GAF etc.

And agreed, more choices are a good thing. Game-only bundles would be great, but this bundle seems like a good solution for Night Trap megafans.

Tomorrow will be my first time trying to order from LimitedRun, kinda anxious based on this thread.

It's a time-consuming experience that will end up occupying more of your time than is justifiable and that doesn't even assure you that you will get anything. Welcome to collecting LRG.

Ventara

Atelier would certainly be pretty cool, and imo would definitely be the best game they've released (Arland series or Ayesha). I could see it being the "magnum opus" of LRG releases if they managed to clinch the series as a whole for physical releases.

I mean

The truth is...

N++ >>>>> Atelier anything

Hope this is the final version with all patches and levels. Dream come true!

giphy.gif

Nothing against N++. It's still a good game.

Shadio

I wonder if it includes the upcoming DLC. The game's set to double its content in the near future, but a PS4 release date hasn't been announced yet.

hawk2025

I wonder if it includes the upcoming DLC. The game's set to double its content in the near future, but a PS4 release date hasn't been announced yet.

I figured they had coordinated this physical release around the extra content being released on PS4, but maybe I'm assuming too much.

Top Bottom