• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Considering I plan on getting Night Trap, N++ and Ys, I should probably learn how to use the hold service.

Can I just add the address beforehand and select it like I would normally?

Glassboy

Considering I plan on getting Night Trap, N++ and Ys, I should probably learn how to use the hold service.

Can I just add the address beforehand and select it like I would normally?
I believe they are maxed out on their hold service. Supposedly it's a pain in the ass to keep track of so they maxed out the amount of people they are allowing to do it.

What's the hold service?

A service LRG provides where you can essentially consolidate a bunch of orders over time, then when you're ready they all get shipped out to you at once. Saves on shipping if you're international.

I've always bought they're games pretty sparingly, but this month is pretty hectic so I'd like to save on the shipping (probably should have started with Wonder Boy last week but ah well).

As much as I adore LRG they aren't the best at conveying information so I'm not 100% the process. Essentially there's a fake US address you ship to instead of your real one (something like "123 Hold Street") and you keep shipping there for as many orders as you want. When you finally want them shipped, you add a special item to your order that lets them know you want it all shipped out, and they do it.

I believe they are maxed out on their hold service. Supposedly it's a pain in the ass to keep track of so they maxed out the amount of people they are allowing to do it.

Gotcha. It's a shame to have to spend so much on shipping per order, but I get it. They're still pretty small and I'm sure literally every single international order wants it to be held.

Semoreh

I was thinking about releasing my orders today but if that "maxed out hold orders" is true I may hold it a little longer :/

I hadn't heard anything about hold shipping being at full capacity. Where did LRG say that?

Also, I have nothing against N++ btw. Just disappointed when I initially thought it might've been Atelier, which is like my dream get for LRG.

blazeuk

They had issues with the old hold service and stopped that until they came up with the fake address solution, I've not heard anything about the current setup causing problems and there's no mention of it on their website (hold service page still explains how to do it). I've had stuff sent out last month and then started holding orders again without any problems, I'm not even sure how they'd stop it now given it's not a purchasable item, it's just entering a fake address so they know what to pick out.

Night Trap is my first time purchasing a game from them myself, all others were purchased for me.

I have the page for the game up with the countdown on it, I'm logged in with lrg and paypal (and will refresh to confirm i'm still logged in a few mins before).

When I refresh the page at 10am, the purchase link should be there?

Ventara

Night Trap is my first time purchasing a game from them myself, all others were purchased for me.

I have the page for the game up with the countdown on it, I'm logged in with lrg and paypal (and will refresh to confirm i'm still logged in a few mins before).

Yup, there'll be an "add to cart" button that you can click.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Yeah but it sometimes happens a bit after the countdown ends so you may have to refresh a few times.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to give it a go or not.

Game means absolutely nothing to me, but it would be nice for collection purposes...

Decisions, decisions...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Paypal logged in: Check
Limited Run logged in: Check
Tab with Night Trap Collector's Edition open: Check
Tab with Night Trap Standard Edition open as a last resort: Check

Let's do this. First time I've ordered from LRG in almost 10 months!

Top Bottom