• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

mosaic

go eat paint
Rolled the dice and ordered the CE. Default shipping was changed to more expensive $7 priority shipping. Is this normal for CEs? (This is my first CE because I'm a fan of artbooks.)
In the past I've noticed any CE or more than 2x any game increases the shipping. Maybe they actually code the per item weight into the Shopify cart?

In the past I've noticed any CE or more than 2x any game increases the shipping. Maybe they actually code the per item weight into the Shopify cart?
Thanks for the confirmation!

Bad news : LRG seems disappointed by the preorder figures so far
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/901204017795268613
That sucks. :( Really hope things pick up after the CEs sell out, as I suspect people were waiting for the 6 p.m. batch first.

Also, anyone who thought Ys Origin would be hotter than Wonder Boy or Night Trap...well, I always questioned that belief, because those two are far higher-profile games IMO.

LRG, if you're reading this, please don't abandon the preorder system just yet. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How many people went to the site and saw "sold out" with no countdown timer and thought they missed it and never went back?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just wanted to say "Thank You" to LRG for doing Ys Origins as a "Pre order now and we'll build to order" game. Even though I know it's going to take a lot longer to arrive, I prefer this method (even with a short ordering window) to their previous reseller-friendly way of doing business. After missing out on both Oceanhorn and Night Trap, I had basically given up on this service.

I genuinely hope this method works out for them and look forward to hopefully picking up other games that utilize this method in the future.

Occam

I just wanted to say "Thank You" to LRG for doing Ys Origins as a "Pre order now and we'll build to order" game. Even though I know it's going to take a lot longer to arrive, I prefer this method (even with a short ordering window) to their previous reseller-friendly way of doing business. After missing out on both Oceanhorn and Night Trap, I had basically given up on this service.

I genuinely hope this method works out for them and look forward to hopefully picking up other games that utilize this method in the future.

Seconded!

dreamfall

Amen to this. Picked up Ys CE on PS4, actually amazed I got through even if demand wasn't as great.

Fuzzy

How can you tell how many copies of Ys have been preordered?
Right-click and view page source
Ctrl+F "Quantity"

PS4 standard currently shows "inventory_quantity":-1639. It started at 2000 so that means it's currently at 3639.

EDIT: Forgot to refresh that page, fixed the numbers.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
We're below 4k each, that may be the target. PS4 will reach it soon, unsure about Vita though.

They also raised the CE from 2K per platform to 3K which pulled from that pool of standard edition customers.

Their original high number was 12k copies which they've surpassed.

Semoreh

How can you tell how much has been preordered?

Look at the source code of the page. CTRL+f "quantity"
Works on all shopify pages.

The target was actually 7k for standard ps4 and 2k for the standard Vita, if this tweet is to be believed ? Or does it bot include the CE ? That's hard to keep track.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/901184595600834561

They also raised the CE from 2K per platform to 3K which pulled from that pool of standard edition customers.

Their original high number was 12k copies which they've surpassed.

Yeah but with all the recent hype and all, they may have raised their expectations :x

mosaic

go eat paint
I don't know what pie in the sky number they had in mind, but those totals and pre-order numbers for Y's seem well in-line with the high profile releases they've done. I mean, no one expected it to be like Night Trap, did they?

But what about the stall on Asdivine Hearts?! It was gone so fast this morning. Now, just sitting there, causing the bundles to lag... did everyone hit YouTube after the morning set and realize the game is abject garbage?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Occam

I don't know what pie in the sky number they had in mind, but those totals and pre-order numbers for Y's seem well in-line with the high profile releases they've done. I mean, no one expected it to be like Night Trap, did they?

But what about the stall on Asdivine Hearts?! It was gone so fast this morning. Now, just sitting there, causing the bundles to lag... did everyone hit YouTube after the morning set and realize the game is abject garbage?

Probably. I only bought it to keep my collection complete.
Maybe LRG should refuse games below a certain review score threshold...

OVDRobo

It's unfortunate if LRG are disappointed by the pre-order numbers. I'm personally really pleased they decided to test pre-orders with Ys because I love the series and despite having the Asian-English version ordered, I also ordered the LRG version because I didn't have to camp at my PC to get it and wanted to support the initiative.

Hopefully they'll continue to use pre-orders on higher profile games where they can for casual purchasers rather than reverting to making everything a battle against zealous collectors by using scarcity as a sales tactic.

Fuzzy

When did LRG do the Game Informer interview where they said they were doing a 10K print run? I don't get GI so I'm curious when they did that interview.

So they went from originally 10k-12k copies initially to 15k?
Well that's ambitious.

Vita has already outsold their 5K number then.
Good luck PS4.

No, their Target was what they already ordered which was 7500 PS4 and 6500 Vita (both inclusive of Standard and CEs) plus the 1500 PAX variants for a total of 15,500. Not really ambitious for a series with the long history of Ys.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's a good testing ground, regardless. It's required to test just how many copies of SEs people would want, when there is no limit to the number.

The positive: A good majority of happy customers!

The negative: As I had figured, due to little urgency, less copies than anticipated have been ordered (so far). The final number can still be much higher, if stores buy crates, but we shall see! (Regardless, I believed that the SEs would take a little bit of yime to sell out, ifvthey kept their initial 4000-5000 copies each).

Occam

No, their Target was what they already ordered which was 7500 PS4 and 6500 Vita (both inclusive of Standard and CEs) plus the 1500 PAX variants for a total of 15,500. Not really ambitious for a series with the long history of Ys.

It's not that well known outside of Japan.

Top Bottom