• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Dug

Banned
ChocolateCupcakes said:
I just want to make sure about the $20 Amazon credit because when I ordered LBP2 today it didn't say anything about it. Is it automatically added?
I believe it is added two days (or less) after the game is shipped.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
pixel monkey said:
I'm really disappointed that Media Molecule failed to fix the biggest problem with the original game...it's all just far too floaty, including the grappling, but particularly the jumping.

*snip...*

Couldn't one of the developers at MM just bring in a copy of NSMB:Wii or DKCR from home and just ape (pun intended) the feel of them? How difficult is that?

Not everyone, far from everyone, dislikes Little Big Planet's style. It has its own style. I like it, I think it's great. Do I look forward to people making levels with other jumping styles like shown in the OP video? YES, but you can't assume that your opinion is universal and therefore they should change it. LBP1 and now LBP2 is scoring over 90% and people are really enjoying the game play.

World does not revolve around you :)

Dug

Banned
Sweet, just got off the phone with Amazon customer service and they said I will get the $20 credit for the CE. :)

Holy fuck didn't know about the $20 promo credit.
Cha-ching
I'll deal with not having the game for a few more days.

Oops
Estimated Delivery Date: January 25, 2011 - January 29, 2011

Wowsers...maybe I should have thrown a few bucks towards shipping. Oh well I just started DQ9 and I need to get around to finishing Yakuza 3 anyway.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I guess you guys got lucky or too many people contacted because they're giving out nothing now.

Sometimes you have to try more than once and get the right CS representative. Phone sometimes better than chat. Amazon CS is always iffy on things like this. I decided to just go with the standard edition; I don't love LBP that much.

xelios said:
Sometimes you have to try more than once and get the right CS representative. Phone sometimes better than chat. Amazon CS is always iffy on things like this. I decided to just go with the standard edition; I don't love LBP that much.

I've tried 3 times so I'm giving up.

Dug

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How did you manage that?
Told the CS guy that if it would be possible for me to get a $20 credit for pre-ordering the LBP2 CE since they're giving it away for pre-ordering the normal edition, he said to give me the order number/address and I did. Then he said I would get the credit after the game shipped.

Ranger X

TTP said:
I don't recall 4X areas. Just a few 2X ones. I think I saw an area that required "2X or 3X". Haven't entered any since I played solo.

Don't be mad about the mini-games thing. Games are fun and as a compensation you can get the tools tutorial prizes rightaway without actually going through the tutorials. You can freely walk to the exit point, get your stuff and move on to the next one while the guy is still speaking. :)

I also believe there are less prizes to get in the tutorials. While going through them at some point I began getting empty bubbles in tutorials I have never visited before. I think prizes are not specific to each tutorials. Like there are, say, 30 prizes to get overall, and you get 5 of them in each tutorial you visit, no matter which one.

Oh, If you don't need to be a certain score and you get the prizes anyways, I'm good.
It's just that I want my search for 100% prizes to be the less of a pain as possible. I never really liked the idea that I should collect what I need in order to create. I fantasize jumping right away in the create mode or that simply finishing the story mode would trigger an "unlock everything".

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
pixel monkey said:
I'm really disappointed that Media Molecule failed to fix the biggest problem with the original game...it's all just far too floaty, including the grappling, but particularly the jumping.

I love the world, the open tools for the community, the massive amount of additional levels and now gametypes everyone creates, the cuteness of it all, and the beautiful graphics. Sadly, I won't be picking the game up however, because if the feel of the control and the gameplay aren't right at the heart of the game, everything else is just pretty ribbons and bows.

Couldn't one of the developers at MM just bring in a copy of NSMB:Wii or DKCR from home and just ape (pun intended) the feel of them? How difficult is that?
FUCK NO!!! I like that LBP2 plays like LBP, otherwise it just wouldn't be LBP, it'd be just another Mario wannabe game. It has its own distinct style and gameplay, which is totally different than Mario or most platormers out there and I'd never ever want MM to change that. I have such huge respect for MM for not caving in under the pressure and changing the controls.

<3 MM

SCEE however suck donkey balls!

fucking mohammad won't give me the $20 credit. Told him i'm cancelling and ordering at best buy. I had a print screen of my order cancellation too. was epic. since they aren't offering me the $20 i went and ordered through best buy. they are giving me reward points for LBP2 anyways and i get to use my $5 coupon. so in the end i win unless the game gets delayed shipping.

DMPrince said:
fucking mohammad won't give me the $20 credit. Told him i'm cancelling and ordering at best buy. I had a print screen of my order cancellation too. was epic. since they aren't offering me the $20 i went and ordered through best buy. they are giving me reward points for LBP2 anyways and i get to use my $5 coupon. so in the end i win unless the game gets delayed shipping.

It wasn't epic at all considering that guy doesn't give a shit.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
i know. i was going to say flaming mo but i don't want my account to be banned or anything LOL.

anyways. Best buy is giving out $10 coupons with the order of the standard or CE. so it's better than nothing. and it's out on the 18th as well. I'll just go pick it up before I go to work.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Sometimes they do. I've gotten e-mails from Amazon after logging out of chat mad before with the credit/what I was asking for. lol

"We realize you have a choice of retailers...we will make an exception...blah blah blah."

DMPrince said:
i know. i was going to say flaming mo but i don't want my account to be banned or anything LOL.

anyways. Best buy is giving out $10 coupons with the order of the standard or CE. so it's better than nothing. and it's out on the 18th as well. I'll just go pick it up before I go to work.

Is the coupon a rewards zone only thing or in general?

MiamiWesker said:
And don't forget buy 2 get 1 free on all games. That's what I am doing.
kinda wish it was buy 1 get one free. unless i can mix and match. buy a ds game. then buy a ps3 game and get another ps3 game for free. will that work? if so i may do that.

Dug

Banned
DMPrince said:
kinda wish it was buy 1 get one free. unless i can mix and match. buy a ds game. then buy a ps3 game and get another ps3 game for free. will that work? if so i may do that.
The page for the deal says this:

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii games

Mix-and-match from top-notch games, and save big with this special offer.

For a limited time, when you buy two Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or Wii titles priced $59.99 or less, you can get a third title of equal or lesser value free.

Plus, you'll get free shipping on all three titles.

DMPrince said:

Sure if the PS3 game is the cheapest one.

I preordered the CE for a friend and checked with Amazon because I really want that $20 credit so I can get something for myself. I talked to two different associates (one on the chat & one on the phone) and both said I was going to get the promotion. I'm still a tad bit doubtful because they sounded confused. I said several times "I'm not talking about the price matching but the $20 Amazon preorder credit for a future purchase.". If it doesn't go through by the time the game ships, I'll call again and tell them how I was guaranteed the promotion.

Crazypanda_85 said:
I preordered the CE for a friend and checked with Amazon because I really want that $20 credit so I can get something for myself. I talked to two different associates (one on the chat & one on the phone) and both said I was going to get the promotion. I'm still a tad bit doubtful because they sounded confused. I said several times "I'm not talking about the price matching but the $20 Amazon preorder credit for a future purchase.". If it doesn't go through by the time the game ships, I'll call again and tell them how I was guaranteed the promotion.
good luck. if it works i'm going to contact amazon.

Dug said:
You should try the Amazon CS chat and see if you can get the credit.
no. i did. i talked to Mohammad. he sounded very robotic ( I know they have to keep professional but still) and I already cancelled. Since i know UPS will be late anyways and best buy is 5 minutes from my house.

TTP said:
I don't recall 4X areas. Just a few 2X ones. I think I saw an area that required "2X or 3X". Haven't entered any since I played solo.

Don't be mad about the mini-games thing. Games are fun and as a compensation you can get the tools tutorial prizes rightaway without actually going through the tutorials. You can freely walk to the exit point, get your stuff and move on to the next one while the guy is still speaking. :)

I also believe there are less prizes to get in the tutorials. While going through them at some point I began getting empty bubbles in tutorials I have never visited before. I think prizes are not specific to each tutorials. Like there are, say, 30 prizes to get overall, and you get 5 of them in each tutorial you visit, no matter which one.
There are 4x places, but they aren't that involved in comparison to LBP1.

As for the mini-games, they're actually really well made and should be played as they will give you great ideas for other games. There's one in Eve's area where there are several areas you have to control two sackbot in different areas. The puzzles are pretty ingenius and left me with a huge grin figuring it out. I mean, they aren't hard, but you definitely leaves you with a sense of accomplishment.

Luigi87

Edgeward said:
Bam, sorry CE, going vanilla for that $20 credit. Need that MvC3 money. So long bookends. =(

SackboySad-2.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Edgeward said:
Bam, sorry CE, going vanilla for that $20 credit. Need that MvC3 money. So long bookends. =(

MvC3 is going to blow at launch, dude. WTF.

No Jill in the box unless I pay for her, no sale.

Ranger X

donkey show said:
There are 4x places, but they aren't that involved in comparison to LBP1.

As for the mini-games, they're actually really well made and should be played as they will give you great ideas for other games. There's one in Eve's area where there are several areas you have to control two sackbot in different areas. The puzzles are pretty ingenius and left me with a huge grin figuring it out. I mean, they aren't hard, but you definitely leaves you with a sense of accomplishment.

The x4 rooms and some acing prizes the only thing preventing me to be at 100% complete in LBP1. I guess this will end up similar in LBP2...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I played a little LBP1 to hold me over. There were still more features that they added like MM picks and the random level search. 2+ years of updates and tweaks, that's why I like MM.

Anyways, I made a LBP2 hype avatar if anyone wants it:

D7CkW.jpg

Yay, finally got around to ordering mine from Amazon. It sucks that the game comes out on the first day of classes though. I probably won't be getting around to playing it till Friday. Although I enjoyed the first LBP I feel that I kind of ignored it in the end. Here's hoping this one gets my full attention. The ability to make games from varying genres is mainly what is drawing me to it. My dream is to make a simple Wonderboy-esque action/rpg. Judging from the videos I have seen this should be quite possible. I can't wait!

jiggle said:
what's the link to the 20 dollars deal?
when i searched for the game on amazon
all i found is one selling it for 51 bucks with no other offers
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0K780/?tag=neogaf0e-20 the actual game page for standard shows it.

Amazon.com Exclusive-Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order LittleBigPlanet 2 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Also gain access to the Amazon exclusive Ratchet & Clank Sackboy costumes, as well as four "Even More Animals" costumes. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed to you within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last, and limited to one purchase per customer. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Snuggler said:
I played a little LBP1 to hold me over. There were still more features that they added like MM picks and the random level search. 2+ years of updates and tweaks, that's why I like MM.

Anyways, I made a LBP2 hype avatar if anyone wants it:

D7CkW.jpg

lol.

cantona222

I'll buy LBP2. I enjoyed LBP 1, and I think I'm ready for more content. However, the ability to find a good user-generated level was not easy. I hope Media Molecule improve the browsing option this time.

Is there a website that collect the info of the best levels out there? I wanna know the names or check out YouTube videos of the best levels, so that I can directly search for them in the game and try'em.

netguy503

GrumpyAlien said:
Yay, finally got around to ordering mine from Amazon. It sucks that the game comes out on the first day of classes though. I probably won't be getting around to playing it till Friday. Although I enjoyed the first LBP I feel that I kind of ignored it in the end. Here's hoping this one gets my full attention. The ability to make games from varying genres is mainly what is drawing me to it. My dream is to make a simple Wonderboy-esque action/rpg. Judging from the videos I have seen this should be quite possible. I can't wait!

I can't wait to see the LEVEL PACKS MM can now create for this game! THAT will be awesome! That Final Fantasy pack, if it's still on the table, would be a breeze to do in this game. :)

Top Bottom