• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

ijed

cantona222 said:
I'll buy LBP2. I enjoyed LBP 1, and I think I'm ready for more content. However, the ability to find a good user-generated level was not easy. I hope Media Molecule improve the browsing option this time.
MMPicks was patched into LBP1 recently and will be in LBP2

also

Is there a website that collect the info of the best levels out there? I wanna know the names or check out YouTube videos of the best levels, so that I can directly search for them in the game and try'em.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/content.php?220-community-spotlights

+

lbp.me

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
cantona222 said:
Is there a website that collect the info of the best levels out there? I wanna know the names or check out YouTube videos of the best levels, so that I can directly search for them in the game and try'em.

http://lbp.me

Add to queue, use in LBP1 (in the search engine option) or LBP2 (PSEye QCode or whatever the fuck their called) in addition to a queue like LBP1's.

Oh and MM picks are now pink ribboned in both LBP1 and 2.

netguy503

cantona222 said:

I know Darksydephil said in one of his latest channel updates that, after he finishes LBP2's story, he will now play all the LBP1's user created levels. He hasn't touched the game in two years (he HATED the first one btw) so this will be very interesting to see. He also said he plans to do SEVERAL videos on just him playing user created levels which got me all giddy. Should be a fun watch. :)

Ranger X

cantona222 said:
I'll buy LBP2. I enjoyed LBP 1, and I think I'm ready for more content. However, the ability to find a good user-generated level was not easy. I hope Media Molecule improve the browsing option this time.

Even more direct link

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?73-Community-Spotlight-Archive

One tab there and one tab on LBP.me and you're bound to queue great levels for ages!!

So what DLC should I be looking out for during launch?

Any info on these stuff?

littlebigplanet_newyear_cos.jpg

Spacesuit1-600x337.jpg

2869844186_e3d18a5ee7.jpg

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
netguy503 said:
All boring compared to all the awesome that is to come. :)

Someone's in the know and eager to tease. :p

I like the GIF above showing that the DLC costumes can have animated elements to them, that's cool!

Stampy

Stampy said:
For those who are already fiddling with the creation aspect of the retail version of the game, how substantial is the instrument library for the music maker when compared to the beta?

Well since couple of days have passed, I guess some people will already know the answer to this question.

2 calls and one Chat service... fuck you amazon. 20$ is a lot especially since there's going be a shit load of games I'm getting this year.

netguy503

I'm assuming since IGN lists that during their marathon they have some time dedicated to talking to Marvel and Media Molecule about future DLC we will be getting more Marvel DLC in the future. I really hope not. They already did that and quite well I might add. I hope the announcements during that part of the marathon will go better than I think they will go.

drifter444 said:
So what DLC should I be looking out for during launch?

Any info on these stuff?

littlebigplanet_newyear_cos.jpg

Spacesuit1-600x337.jpg

2869844186_e3d18a5ee7.jpg

The first one is for chinese new year, always available on the PSN store around january when its chinese new year (obviously...)

Spacesuit is put up when a new LBP game is released so expect it to be available on LBP2's day of launch (think they confirmed this on a blog post a few weeks ago)

The MM t-shirt was available a for a week after LBP1's launch, it was very expensive and will probably not be available ever again.

OneMoreQuestion said:
I have a copy of LBP- GOTY Edition, would the 10 exclusive user-created levels and the Metal Gear DLC get transferred to the sequel?

well one of them level and noone told me it was going to be so i think they are exclusive to GOTY

seady

I heard all the levels in the first game will be in here. Does this mean this sequel is going to make the first game irrelevant? Any reason to hold on to my first game?

Massa

seady said:
I heard all the levels in the first game will be in here. Does this mean this sequel is going to make the first game irrelevant? Any reason to hold on to my first game?

You can play the user made levels from LBP1, you still need the first game to play the story levels.

Diebuster

seady said:

The story levels aren't in the sequel.

And for the GOTY question, I don't know about the user levels since I only have the original version, but the MGS DLC makes the transfer.

mclem

netguy503 said:
I'm assuming since IGN lists that during their marathon they have some time dedicated to talking to Marvel and Media Molecule about future DLC we will be getting more Marvel DLC in the future. I really hope not. They already did that and quite well I might add.

I have to say, I think the levels in the Marvel DLC might be my favourite of all the DLC level packs, despite (or maybe because of?) not having an Exciting New Feature to promote.

The second level in particular is brilliant.

mclem

Diebuster said:
The story levels aren't in the sequel.

Actually, that's something I was wondering about. I believe the levels you've hearted carry over, is that correct? I've tried hearting The Bunker, I'm curious at what stage it'll fail :)

And for the GOTY question, I don't know about the user levels since I only have the original version, but the MGS DLC makes the transfer.

I assume the online-purchased version of the MGS DLC would transfer over, but I'm not sure about the on-disc version, I'm uncertain how they'd track it.

peetfeet

I'm sure i read somewhere that with online levels a camera can be assigned to each player to stop your character being left off screen in LBP2. If so how do you do it? i tried to find the option in the beta but failed. is it a game option when creating or is it a matter of assigning the player a sackbot to control and attaching a camera to it's circuit board?

lawblob said:
I was on the fence about it, but the Amazon deal put me over the top. Put in my order last night.

What's the deal? I skimmed around but didn't see anything. I'll need to lock down a purchasing decision today.

Arg, wasn't excited for this game until today. Seeing the amazing CE dlc really makes me want it. But then I think how quickly games drop in price these days..... bleh.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Been playing this all weekend and I have to say this may be my favorite platformer of all time.

The additions in Story Mode alone make it such a better game than the original. The game is a huge hoot to play and coupled with the art/music/overall charm I am in love with the game.

mclem

It's taken me three years, but I finally, *finally* have inspiration for a level! Now, let's hope I actually have the ability to develop the damn thing (probably only to find that the same idea has been done thousands of times already)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
brandonh83 said:
What's the deal? I skimmed around but didn't see anything. I'll need to lock down a purchasing decision today.

From the looks of it 2% off. I was discounted a dollar and some change for my Collectors Edition I ordered back on Jan 4.

I love how amazon automatically does this stuff for pre-orders.

Barrett2

brandonh83 said:
From Amazon:

Amazon said:
Amazon.com Exclusive-Pre-order Bonus Pre-order LittleBigPlanet 2 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Also gain access to the Amazon exclusive Ratchet & Clank Sackboy costumes, as well as four "Even More Animals" costumes. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed to you within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last, and limited to one purchase per customer. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

DaBuddaDa

I haven't played LBP1. Should I even bother with it now that LBP2 is coming out? I am sure there are thousands of great levels in LBP1 now, but there will be even more in 2 and I heard a lot of the mechanics that were bad in 1 have been fixed in 2.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DaBuddaDa said:
I haven't played LBP1. Should I even bother with it now that LBP2 is coming out? I am sure there are thousands of great levels in LBP1 now, but there will be even more in 2 and I heard a lot of the mechanics that were bad in 1 have been fixed in 2.
At this point it would be a waste to invest in LBP1. You get all the community levels aside from the story of LBP1. 2 is infinitely better and will continue to grow.

DaBuddaDa said:

You can play all user levels from LBP1 in LBP2 bar I presume those of the original story mode. So that means when you put the LBP2 disc in your drive there are already more than 3 million levels waiting for you, and then of course there will be tonnes more when people start making new and updating existing stuff for the improved LBP2 engine and capabilities.

Look forward to playing this :)

DaBuddaDa

Maastricht said:
You can play all user levels from LBP1 in LBP2 bar I presume those of the original story mode. So that means when you put the LBP2 disc in your drive there are already more than 3 million levels waiting for you, and then of course there will be tonnes more when people start making new and updating existing stuff for the improved LBP2 engine and capabilities.
Alright that about wraps it up for LBP1, thanks.

brandonh83 said:
Ah okay. Thanks. Does that apply to the CE? Maybe that's why I didn't see it, only looked at the CE page.

Wondered that myself. Since the deal includes a couple of costumes that are already in the CE, well, hmm....

Is there anyway to verify this?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
brandonh83 said:
Ah okay. Thanks. Does that apply to the CE? Maybe that's why I didn't see it, only looked at the CE page.

No. People were trying last night to get Amazon to match it on the CE but most were denied.

Only the regular version applies.

Plinko said:
No. People were trying last night to get Amazon to match it on the CE but most were denied.

Only the regular version applies.

This smells of 'HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! GET PEOPLE TO STOP ORDERING THE CE!!!! DO ANYTHING!!!!!!' Meanwhile, Amazon is staring at stacks and stacks of the regular edition that nobody is ordering....

just fyi to people who ordered on amazon recently and want release date shipping

you can change it in the "your orders" page through "your account". I just went on and it went from the 21st to the 18th with no cost (as I'm Prime, normally it is a dollar I think).

Release date delivery and 20 dollars credit on the sequel to my second favorite game this gen. Well I'll be damned, tomorrow can't come soon enough.

deep down i shouldn't do it but trying can't hurt right? Ordered through bestbuy.com. Email telling me to pick it up tomorrow. I'm going to edit it to show the 17th and see what happens. There's always a girl working there who doesn't know about release date. Will try later in the afternoon when UPS comes and they have the package in the front.

Stampy

DaBuddaDa said:
Alright that about wraps it up for LBP1, thanks.

If you will be truly hardcore about the creation mode, I suggest you get the first game also for the additional materials, costumes, sounds, stickers, decorations...

DaBuddaDa

Stampy said:
If you will be truly hardcore about the creation mode, I suggest you get the first game also for the additional materials, costumes, sounds, stickers, decorations...
Thanks, but nah, that isn't me. I just want to play crazy platforming levels + story mode. The create aspect of it is completely beyond me.

netguy503

More adverts for the LBP2 event today this time focusing on the team going for the world record:

David- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJGQydNQt0&feature=channel

Lauren- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGTw3enBc_A&feature=channel

Sean- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzx7bYjC-4c&feature=channel

David is from GAF so give that video some love, Sean I believe was interviewed in the latest Qore talking about LBP2's creation tools, and is it just me but is Lauren still hot and I think the cameraman is drunk at the end of her video. :)

Also- I know this event starts at 4pm but is that a worldwide time? When does the stream start in PST? Thanks.

Top Bottom