• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

rhino4evr

Ugh..went to cancel my CE and it's already set for shipping..oh well. I sent an email to amazon complaining, we will see if it gets me anywhere

rhino4evr said:
Ugh..went to cancel my CE and it's already set for shipping..oh well. I sent an email to amazon complaining, we will see if it gets me anywhere
probably nothing other than an apology and it's out of their hands.

netguy503

rhino4evr said:

Actually my order with Amazon for the CE says "Shipping soon". You might want to double check, you still might be able to cancel.

Dug

Banned
netguy503 said:
Actually my order with Amazon for the CE says "Shipping soon". You might want to double check, you still might be able to cancel.
Next to where it says "Shipping Soon" for me it says:
This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

So I don't know if he could do that...

rhino4evr

netguy503 said:
No dice I'm afraid. At least I'll get it tomorrow.

netguy503 said:
More adverts for the LBP2 event today this time focusing on the team going for the world record:

David- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJGQydNQt0&feature=channel

Lauren- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGTw3enBc_A&feature=channel

Sean- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzx7bYjC-4c&feature=channel

David is from GAF so give that video some love, Sean I believe was interviewed in the latest Qore talking about LBP2's creation tools, and is it just me but is Lauren still hot and I think the cameraman is drunk at the end of her video. :)

Also- I know this event starts at 4pm but is that a worldwide time? When does the stream start in PST? Thanks.
1PM your time. And good looking out man! Don't forget our whole ordeal is gonna be streaming at http://gamingworldrecord.ign.com

Time to get dat record! GAF represent!

Aesthet1c

Is it too late to order off Amazon and get release day delivery? I just planned on picking it up at a local store tomorrow, but if I can get the $20 credit and get the game tomorrow, I would love that.

Ferny

Aesthet1c said:
Is it too late to order off Amazon and get release day delivery? I just planned on picking it up at a local store tomorrow, but if I can get the $20 credit and get the game tomorrow, I would love that.
I just did so im pretty sure you got time to do
it.

rhino4evr

FYI...Amazon would not give me the $20 credit, but they did allow me to cancel my existing order, and purchase the regular version. I'm sad I won't be getting the DLC and plush sackboy, but money is tight!

Edit ..I was also able to keep Release Date Delivery

Remf

I think I figured out what I want to make when I get the game tomorrow in order for me to get more used to the new create tools (was in the beta, but was having too much fun playing other peoples levels than making my own). The original Tron arcade game with level links that mimick the original so if anyone can help me with the music and such, that would be great! :)

for those of you who can't remember it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkd9qKogV6w

CozMick

Banned
This game is finally getting the advertising it deserves.

It's the sponsor of FIVE {The channel not the number} movies hear in the UK, with short but quirky re-enactments of famous movies using the LBP2 engine.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Finally got the release-date shipping option to work on Amazon... with ten minutes to spare.

This might be a bit much to ask, but could one of y'all make a thread about the livestream of the LBP2 World Record? We have two gaf reps there (myself and Jaeyden). If not, that's totally cool. I'd do it myself but we're about to start this thing up.

Enjoy the game and we'll be streaming our story mode play first.

donkey show said:
This might be a bit much to ask, but could one of y'all make a thread about the livestream of the LBP2 World Record? We have two gaf reps there (myself and Jaeyden). If not, that's totally cool. I'd do it myself but we're about to start this thing up.

Enjoy the game and we'll be streaming our story mode play first.
i'll make it.

Teknoman

Aw thought the game released today not tomorrow. Anyway, was that shoot em up shown in the arcade trailer, just a stationary area, with enemies being emitted via the sequencer? Trying to figure out if it'll be possible to place a shoot em up side scrolling section in a normal stage.

dralla

ty amazon. wasnt gonna get this till after bomba price drop, but 20 credit pushed me over. now if we get only get some credit for dead space 2

LegoDad

ah, this grappling gun is annoying, always wants to go up and down when i want to go left and right. Had to improvise a better way, to get higher.. annoying..

jayb

caliblue15 said:
ah, this grappling gun is annoying, always wants to go up and down when i want to go left and right. Had to improvise a better way, to get higher.. annoying..

I'm having the same problem. :( In one of the levels in the first world I see two prize bubbles up high, but I suck at the grappling gun too much to swing myself up there.

LegoDad

jayb said:
I'm having the same problem. :( In one of the levels in the first world I see two prize bubbles up high, but I suck at the grappling gun too much to swing myself up there.

i've found that if i can get some jump, release, regrab, then repeat the otherway, it finally starts to work, as just swinging i move up and down the damn thing.

Well, I just canceled my CE with Amazon live chat. With the $20 credit for the standard edition, it makes the CE exclusive items more expensive than the game itself.

rhino4evr

George Claw M.D. said:
Well, I just canceled my CE with Amazon live chat. With the $20 credit for the standard edition, it makes the CE exclusive items more expensive than the game itself.
I'm sure MM/Sony is pissed at amazon right about now. There is no reason they couldnt have offered the same $20 rebate on the CE. Looks like that CE won't be as limited as originally thought.

Adama

Meh, just canceled the CE from amazon in favor of the standard plus credit. I called and tried 2 chat sessions and nothing. I'll just get the CE costumes from my brother's account. Can't wait for it to arrive!

rhino4evr said:
I'm sure MM/Sony is pissed at amazon right about now. There is no reason they couldnt have offered the same $20 rebate on the CE. Looks like that CE won't be as limited as originally thought.

I haven't seen a truly limited edition in a long time. I remember Reach's Legendary was supposed to be limited and I still see that in stores while it's still fairly easy to even get Blizzard's collector's edition which used to be pretty hard after awhile.

Ranger X

Would you guys and gals like a User Level thread again for LBP2? It would actually be easier to make for me tks to LBP.me
I could do that a couple of weeks down the road, you know, just so some great levels are pilling up.

jayb said:
So is there going to be a new LBP2 User Levels thread?

I probably plan to make one again depending the response.

DMPrince said:
you guys are killing sackboy inside.
Eh. I'm still supporting the game. It's just unfortunate that the credit isn't good for the CE. $42 is $42. With the current Amazon promotions, I can put that $42 toward ME3(also having a $20 promotion), and still come out $5 ahead. Sackboy plushy and a handful of digital costumes, or ME3 for $5 less? The decision was easy. Maybe others were right, though. Maybe demand for the CE was greater than expected, and they needed to shift sales off to the standard edition. Who knows? Money talks, and it has a big voice.

Noshino

Huh, I got them to give me the $20 credit for the Collector's Edition.

Told them that I had ordered back in July and that because of that I didnt bother to check everyday for new deals, and that it was unfair that a new deals is brought up and its only available for Standard Edition, and that CE customers were kept in the dark.

But then again, Amazon and I don't really get along... they have at times charged me twice, they also changed my delivery estimate multiple times without notifying.... (and my experience with them as a seller was godawful)

The customer representative started laughing and told me to not worry, that I ll get the credit. Awesome.

Ranger X said:
Would you guys and gals like a User game thread again for LBP2? It would actually be easier to make for me tks to LBP.me
I could do that a couple of weeks down the road, you know, just so some great games are pilling up.

fixed ;)

rhino4evr

A GAF user level thread would be great. Even LBP.me is going to be Bogged down with useless crap. Would like a list of good levels, and levels from GAF.

Question...do my hearted creators from LBP1 carry over to the new game? I usually just log in and see what they have come up with first.

Demigod Mac

It's probably been asked before, but:

Are all the stickers, objects and costumes from LBP1 compatible with LBP2?
And can you still decorate a Sackperson with stickers and 3D objects?

Top Bottom