• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

DMPrince said:
if i had to guess. school and/or bills.
Yep. Last year was rough financially, needed a quick $200....it had to go....things are better now so hopefully it'll be back soon...it just sucks i'm going to miss out on LBP2 for the time being....

Ranger X

Brannon said:
Also, how many melodic instruments are there for the music sequencer thingy? Because I'm feeling Genesis synthy...

Right now IT IS completely "Genny/SNES- ish". I wonder if there will be more instruments in the final game but I don't keep my hopes up.

Fuck yes I am going to make the ultimate Awesome Possum sequel.
Perfectly emulated terrible controls and so totally unfun.

Everyone else will be trying to make the next Mario Bros. or Super Meat Boy but I'll try my hand at making just the absolute worst platformers imaginable.

Brannon

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Fuck yes I am going to make the ultimate Awesome Possum sequel.
Perfectly emulated terrible controls and so totally unfun.

Everyone else will be trying to make the next Mario Bros. or Super Meat Boy but I'll try my hand at making just the absolute worst platformers imaginable.

Ranger-X and Street Fighter 2010 homages here. I think this is totally possible. And Awesome Possum is a complete nightmare, good luck!

ijed

MiamiWesker said:
How do I que stuff on LBP.me? I dont see the option anywhere.

Sign in with psnid - then on the right will be a green box you can click to add to queue. Can also heart creators etc... same way

ijed said:
Sign in with psnid - then on the right will be a green box you can click to add to queue. Can also heart creators etc... same way

I see a little box with a bell but when I go over it, it just vanishes. I get various 400 errors as I go around the site. Maybe its my computer.

I dont see any green button either.

hJhzd.jpg

Square Triangle said:
Dude it's only $20 more and you get a ton more costumes, a SACK BOY
to sleep with at night
, and awesome book ends to look smart.
From Amazon it's $40 more because you don't get the $20 credit :(

Sweet! Bestbuy just e-mailed me to say that I can pick up my CE at 10am tomorrow.
Maybe Amazon was the better way to go, but with the $10 back in points and the $40 I had in rewards points saved up from the holidays and Gamer's club I'm happy. Whatever keeps me out of Gamestop.

You'd have to give me money NOT to pick up a SackBoy Plushie.

ijed

MiamiWesker said:
I see a little box with a bell but when I go over it, it just vanishes. I get various 400 errors as I go around the site. Maybe its my computer.

I dont see any green button either.

As DMPrince posted - little bell turns into add to queue when you rollover ... maybe it's a javascript thing? What browser you using? Just tried on IE at work behind firewall and it's fine so not sure...

ijed said:
As DMPrince posted - little bell turns into add to queue when you rollover ... maybe it's a javascript thing? What browser you using? Just tried on IE at work behind firewall and it's fine so not sure...

Firefox, probably a script error, this computer is a complete mess.

DMPrince said:
try hovering near that area and see if there's anything clickable.

Nope, the good grief option appears in the top corner where that button would be, then there is a huge empty space under it.

i think it's just firefox. i just tried using the FF 4 beta and it doesn't even show the login button.

EDIT: nevermind. i had a noscript extension on.

DMPrince said:
i think it's just firefox. i just tried using the FF 4 beta and it doesn't even show the login button.

EDIT: nevermind. i had a noscript extension on.

I tried IE and it works. It must be that noscript thing you have as well.

Don't know if this has ever been discussed but SONY should sell a version of LittleBigPlanet on PSN that just gives users access to the community created levels. Price it at $20 and I bet it would do some pretty good numbers. Anyways just a thought from someone with very little level making skills.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
netguy503 said:
Wow, what a jerk. Isn't MM the creator of the bounce pads? The guy sounds like an ass.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Dudes being a douche and wanting to report people and say the credit is his, when it isn't.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mizzou Gaming said:
Don't know if this has ever been discussed but SONY should sell a version of LittleBigPlanet on PSN that just gives users access to the community created levels. Price it at $20 and I bet it would do some pretty good numbers. Anyways just a thought from someone with very little level making skills.

Actually that would be brilliant. I would pay for it on top of my full version. Especially if it works in conjunction with disk to allow you one save and set of costumes across the two.

But I think a lot of the resources are on the disk, the game only downloads a map of items and the level, then fills it in.

AndyD said:
Actually that would be brilliant. I would pay for it on top of my full version. Especially if it works in conjunction with disk to allow you one save and set of costumes across the two.

But I think a lot of the resources are on the disk, the game only downloads a map of items and the level, then fills it in.
Well if you wanted it from the PSN, you'd just want it on the hard drive without needing to put in the disk, right? There was one possibility that I thought of, Sony having released those free Singstar or Buzz apps that only work with DLC, but that wouldn't make sense because they've only really released 2 level packs and the rest are costumes or level materials with fancy ways to pick up the pieces. And now that they've got LBP2 out now, do they still release LBP1 or go straight to 2 and have 1's levels as a separate pack with its own price or something?

ijed

Mizzou Gaming said:

Sounds cool - Only good thing about the PSN+ for Aussies is we got LBP1 for download. I would also love an LBP+ tied to PSN+ that pushes say the first 100mb or so of queued levels so they'd load up instantly when you boot up :)

Also RE: LBP1 DLC like MGS and Pirates DLC ... guessing any trophies would only be tied to LBP1 so you wouldn't get trophies for them if you played them in LBP2?

Trevelyan

Banned
Can't believe this is finally here. Think I'll run through story mode solo before tackling it online with friends. Please add me if you space! PSN is same as here =)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This one is significantly better than the first one. I can't believe I actually got my copy last thursday from The Fiery Frenzy. I did not expect subway to honor it. The new guns, themes, costumes, bounce pads, enemies, etc. are unbelievable. The mini games are ridiculously fun. Has anybody played basketball yet? My friends and I sunk a couple of hours into that, it gets ridiculously intense.

Damn lbp.me is slick as hell. I just wish it would give you a couple snapshots of the level though but its so easy to queue up. This will come in handy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Is there a way to tell which levels are LBP2 vs. 1? Also do the levels from the beta carry over to the final version?

LegoDad

msdstc said:
This one is significantly better than the first one. I can't believe I actually got my copy last thursday from The Fiery Frenzy. I did not expect subway to honor it. The new guns, themes, costumes, bounce pads, enemies, etc. are unbelievable. The mini games are ridiculously fun. Has anybody played basketball yet? My friends and I sunk a couple of hours into that, it gets ridiculously intense.

It indeed is a great game, but whenever I try to join someone, it just sits at the loading screen. (non friends)

Dartastic

Question. So, I only have one PS3 controller. I was thinking about possibly getting a PS Move as my second controller, but the thing is I NEED to know that it'd actually work as a second player controller, so my GF and I can play together. So yeah. Can it? Also, if I can use the move as a second controller, do the move packages come with the nunchuck like thing as well as the main move remote itself? hellllp i want to buy things tomorrowwwwwwww

ijed

Dartastic said:
So yeah. Can it?

No but you'll be able to play Sackboy Prehistoric Moves which needs one person on DS3 and one person on Move.

You'll need to grab a 2nd DS3 for LBP2 couch co-op

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, you need a second DS3 for the co-op outside of the move specific chapter, sorry dude.

Beat the first 2 chapters. Pretty fun, liking the new usable items that change things up. Played a usermade Uncharted level that was good but far too long. Are there only 5 SP chapters?

mclem

Teknoman said:
A tale of horrible overdetailed stage titles eternally retold.

One thing I must admit that I hate about LBP is how bad the writing often is. It's certainly not a universal problem, but there's a few times where I think a bit of proofreading - for pace as well as spelling issues - would alleviate the problems quite a bit. Less is more!

Then again, of course, it's really the level design that matters, and some of the ones whose writing hurts the most have some of the most beautiful and playable level designs, which makes things hard.

Oh, and while I'm gently ranting, those blinkin' egotists who replace EVERY LEVEL IMAGE with an extreme close up of their sackboy. Grumph.

Anyhow, onwards to the sequel... in three days for me. Ho hum.

CozMick

Banned
Anyone ordered from Play UK?

My copy got dispatched this morning, any ideas when I should expect my pre-order dlc code?

Thanks

Top Bottom