• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

CozMick said:
Anyone ordered from Play UK?

My copy got dispatched this morning, any ideas when I should expect my pre-order dlc code?

Thanks

about 3 days so on friday they never send thing out 1st class

Stampy

mclem said:
One thing I must admit that I hate about LBP is how bad the writing often is. It's certainly not a universal problem, but there's a few times where I think a bit of proofreading - for pace as well as spelling issues - would alleviate the problems quite a bit. Less is more!

Then again, of course, it's really the level design that matters, and some of the ones whose writing hurts the most have some of the most beautiful and playable level designs, which makes things hard.

Agree, I had a bit of a problem in LBP1 with this issue as well. Well, I can only hope that people here will bring to our attention those few levels which have good or even great writing in them, just to spice up things a bit, as most of the stuff in the LBP pretty much seems like it was taken from a first grader.

CozMick

Banned
Stampy said:
Agree, I had a bit of a problem in LBP1 with this issue as well. Well, I can only hope that people here will bring to our attention those few levels which have good or even great writing in them, just to spice up things a bit, as most of the stuff in the LBP pretty much seems like it was taken from a first grader.

There's your problem.

Here in the UK we speak proper English :p

Dug

Banned
Well I'm looking at the UPS tracker option, and it says my package is just about halfway there. Does anyone know if UPS will make me sign for this package, because I might not be home at the time it gets here...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
anddo0 said:
Can't wait. Just over and hour and half until I leave to pick up my copy.

Boo! I have to wait until this evening. :( I want my plushie now, damn it. :(

BeeDog

magicaltrevor said:
Praying won't do you much good. But I guess that's something for in the Off Topic-section.

Let me rephrase then; I hope my postman brings me the game today, or I'll kick him in the fucking nuts. Is it more fitting for the gaming side? :p

Called Wal-Mart, no CE. Going to have to wait until another store opens whom I think will get the CE. Don't feel like driving out of town to Gamestop today.

BeeDog

Welp, no LBP2 CE for me today, fuck. :mad: Shouldn't have brought bad luck on myself by threatening to kick the postman. :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DMPrince said:
2 more hours until best buy opens. i'm going to knock off a shelf if they don't have it ready for me.
Less than 50 minutes before I make my leave and purchase this gangster like product :O

bryehn

Installing now. Hope the story levels are good and do a good job of explaining new mechanics. I always feel a bit in over my head trying to create stuff.

Just got my release day delivery from Amazon - very impressed with the quality of the physical extras, considering the low $20 extra cost

gogogow

Unbelievable how SCE treats Europe, their biggest market. First with GT5 now LBP2?
What a shitty CE. Digital extras, really? Yeah, no thanks. The EU LBP2 CE ad is funny
as fuck. Separating the DLC costumes from each other, making it look like you're
getting loads of stuff. Guess what, the US CE is getting all that plus a collectable
plushie and bookends. And I bet it costs just as much as the EU version or even
cheaper, like US GT5 CE.

SCE gave US the superior GT5 CE, how did that work out for them? They didn't gave a fuck
about that game. Good job Sony!

LiquidMetal14 said:
Less than 50 minutes before I make my leave and purchase this gangster like product :O
time for me to shower and leave. will put on my game face and prepare myself to knock over some shelves.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'm going to be picking up the collector's edition on friday. Can't wait! Will there be a community topic to find PSN friends to gad about with?

Ranger X

The pain of being dependant on public transportation is showing up right today. I won't have enough time after work to reach the Gamestop where my LBP2 CE is pre-ordered.

DMPrince said:
time for me to shower and leave. will put on my game face and prepare myself to knock over some shelves.

We are in sync, I'm heading to showe/best buy now and bringing my rack destroyer with me. Lets see who comes home first!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jayb said:
Since there isn't a LBP2 community levels games thread yet, posting here...

You guys have to play Blast Radius by Johnee. It's an asteroids/ssdhd clone... so awesome: http://lbp.me/v/w-328s

Added to the queue (so awesome)

BTW, anyone tried the bar code reading thing with the PS Eye?

Basically you should be able to jump straight to the user created level by showing the camera something like this
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chld=L|0&chs=512x512&chl=http://lbp.me/v/w-328s

jayb

DMPrince said:
just realized. there aren't any screenshots on lbp.me for the level? WTF

I thought I saw screenshots someplace in lbp.me, but maybe that was when I was viewing a profile. idk.

They need to give authors the ability to upload youtube vids and screenshots directly to lbp.me from the game.

jayb

I just remembered that there is an upload a photo trophy. I'm not sure where/how you do that, but I wonder if that will upload it to lbp.me ...

mclem

DMPrince said:
just realized. there aren't any screenshots on lbp.me for the level? WTF

Er, yes there are:

http://lbp.me/v/tj4740 (for instance)

See the 'photos' section. It's the same images that are available in-game (so community-generated)

Were you looking at a level where someone had locked the details, perhaps?

Caved in and just ordered the CE off Amazon with next day delivery. I would have had to drive out of town to get it anyway so I figure that the cost of next day shipping would about even out the gas money.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
gogogow said:
Unbelievable how SCE treats Europe, their biggest market. First with GT5 now LBP2?
What a shitty CE. Digital extras, really? Yeah, no thanks. The EU LBP2 CE ad is funny
as fuck. Separating the DLC costumes from each other, making it look like you're
getting loads of stuff. Guess what, the US CE is getting all that plus a collectable
plushie and bookends. And I bet it costs just as much as the EU version or even
cheaper, like US GT5 CE.

SCE gave US the superior GT5 CE, how did that work out for them? They didn't gave a fuck
about that game. Good job Sony!
Yeah, it's lame we don't get a sackboy or bookends, but the CE is only £5 more AFAIK. I also doubt the extra costumes are exclusives.

IDK what the material they used for the bookend as it's actually hard? feels like some kind of wood wrapped with paper to make it look like cardboard.

Don't like the sackboy plushie as they used grey threads to stitch him together. would like white. but whatever.

DMPrince said:
IDK what the material they used for the bookend as it's actually hard? feels like some kind of wood wrapped with paper to make it look like cardboard.
'cardboard' can be many things and is often stronger than just a corrugated box. It looks like a heavy duty 'cardboard' covered with paper.

BobTheFork said:
'cardboard' can be many things and is often stronger than just a corrugated box. It looks like a heavy duty 'cardboard' covered with paper.
maybe... i kinda want to bite on it to find out LOL

EDIT: you're right. it's a heavy duty cardboard... lol

I took some pictures.

ZmKWH.jpg

Wqtn4.jpg

IvnyK.jpg

gZBpH.jpg

9DLaB.jpg

Vsn9R.jpg

81Ypq.jpg

5oK0I.jpg

one voucher code for all the DLC!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Got my CE copy from Amazon. I haven't looked around yet but are there any reported issues with redeeming CE codes? Yes I've double checked the code. Yes I used capital letters.

Thanks for any info.

Thnikkaman said:
Yeah, it's lame we don't get a sackboy or bookends, but the CE is only £5 more AFAIK. I also doubt the extra costumes are exclusives.

Yeah, shame the CE was supposed to be the same price as the normal version, guess Sony forgot to tell Game that... (they mentioned on a blog post after the backlash over the CE it was mean to be the same as the standard edition)

RbBrdMan said:
Got my CE copy from Amazon. I haven't looked around yet but are there any reported issues with redeeming CE codes? Yes I've double checked the code. Yes I used capital letters.

Thanks for any info.

Sometimes the codes don't get activated straight away, give it a day or two before getting on to Sony about it.

RbBrdMan said:

Thanks for any info.
if it doesn't work then PSN store haven't updated yet.

JohngPR

My Collector's edition is out for delivery today.

The problem? I work all day so I won't be playing it until tomorrow. :(

DMPrince said:
oh sweet. i didn't know you can get the Prehistoric Move game with the game.

Does it actually play off the disc, or is it one of those deals where they just include the installer and you still have to install it to the HDD like the Move demo disc?

jayb

ThirstyFly said:
Does it actually play off the disc, or is it one of those deals where they just include the installer and you still have to install it to the HDD like the Move demo disc?

it just installs to the HDD.

Top Bottom