• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

RbBrdMan said:
Got my CE copy from Amazon. I haven't looked around yet but are there any reported issues with redeeming CE codes? Yes I've double checked the code. Yes I used capital letters.

Thanks for any info.

same - will try again later...

JohngPR

This happens from time to time with games that come with those codes. Just wait before anyone hits the panic button, sometimes it takes a day for those codes to activate.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that they go live when PSN updates later tonight.

I'll never understand why they don't have the DLC ready day 1, but it always seems to happen. You'd think at least first party stuff would be able to get it right.

ThirstyFly said:
I'll never understand why they don't have the DLC ready day 1, but it always seems to happen. You'd think at least first party stuff would be able to get it right.
they update it all content at once. the last thing you want to happen is they end up releasing all other psn updates with it lol or better they give out free games.

DMPrince said:
they update it all content at once. the last thing you want to happen is they end up releasing all other psn updates with it lol or better they give out free games.

Even for DLC that doesn't appear in the store though. If my memory is correct the stuff from the SoulCalibur IV collector's edition didn't go up until the Thursday store update and that was never for sale in the store. They could have thrown it up with the previous week's update and actually had it ready instead of making everyone wait a few days.

depward

Ranger X said:
The pain of being dependant on public transportation is showing up right today. I won't have enough time after work to reach the Gamestop where my LBP2 CE is pre-ordered.

I feel your pain. But if you WERE to get your CE, then it's all about taking that CE on a crowded bus home... which, whenever you're carrying something, is always a ton of fun.

ThirstyFly said:
Even for DLC that doesn't appear in the store though. If my memory is correct the stuff from the SoulCalibur IV collector's edition didn't go up until the Thursday store update and that was never for sale in the store. They could have thrown it up with the previous week's update and actually had it ready instead of making everyone wait a few days.
yeah but that's not how Grace Chen works ;P

anddo0

Time to rock!
Image37.jpg

DMPrince said:
yeah but that's not how Grace Chen works ;P

She works? :(

Back on topic, there's supposed to be a big ice storm today so I don't even think I'm going to risk going out to get it. Make with the impressions boys!

gogogow

BobTheFork said:
LBP is payback for the 'jackshit-in-a-box' we got with the AC:B CE here in the states
Yeah, take that you Europeonz. We, the almight SONY are gonna fuck up your LBP2 CE, because UBISOFT fucked up the US CE of AC:B! Muahahahaha! :/

SCE =/= Ubisoft.

If payback was to be done than Europeans actually deserved to get a cool LBP2 CE and not another extremely gimped one, since we got shit with the GT5 CE, which was MORE expensive than the superior US GT5 CE. Seriously, you can't even call the EU LBP2 CE a CE. It's like the standard edition but with pre-order DLC.

(Isn't the Jack-in-the-Box still cooler than NOTHING at all?)

Oh man... this game keeps freezing on me. It froze twice in the intro level that has all the names of the people who worked on the game. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

lastinline said:
Oh man... this game keeps freezing on me. It froze twice in the intro level that has all the names of the people who worked on the game. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
haven't had any freezes yet <3

Barrett2

Still baffled by the fact that Sackboy is wearing a pair of 3D glasses on the cover, when this is one of the few non-3D PS3 exclusives this year.

gogogow

lawblob said:
Still baffled by the fact that Sackboy is wearing a pair of 3D glasses on the cover, when this is one of the few non-3D PS3 exclusives this year.
Yeah, would've been cool to see your own creations in 3D.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
lawblob said:
It really isn't in 3D? You'd think LBP2 would demonstrate it well with the planes system. Heck, MK9 should be at launch.

spats said:
It was initially in 3D wasn't it? Then they announced late last year that they would be dropping the 3D support. I guess their engine couldn't handle the stress and they wanted to ship (more or less) on time.
I think you're right now I look it up.

spats

Thnikkaman said:
It really isn't in 3D? You'd think LBP2 would demonstrate it well with the planes system. Heck, MK9 should be at launch.

It was initially in 3D wasn't it? Then they announced late last year that they would be dropping the 3D support. I guess their engine couldn't handle the stress and they wanted to ship (more or less) on time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
lawblob said:

It makes absolutely no sense that this game isn't in 3D. Perhaps a patch in the future?

Just got my copy.
Kinda disappointed at the quality of the Sackboy Plushie for a few reasons. It's not just the look, mine seems like it was made a bit crocked. Totally impressed by the quality of the bookend. After hearing they were cardboard I didn't expect much but after touching it, as someone said, it certainly feels like there is a 'wood' like molding on the outside of it. It even sounds bit wood if you tap it. They are heavier than you think too and look really nice.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Getting it tomorrow, when it releases here (Sweden). Will be getting the regular edition, since the European "Collector's Edition" (which it shouldn't even be allowed to be called) is fucking pathetic. A couple of DLC costumes. Yeah, sure, I'll be paying extra for that... not.

anddo0

Got a bunch of pins too.

When I started the game it gave me a warning about too many "community objects". I hope I didn't miss anything.

BobTheFork said:
I don't really know what these unlocked 'pins' are but I just got a dozen of them or more just for starting out.
pins are nice. there's over 350 pins to collect. i think you can show it off. i love it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
dammit

My copy is waiting for me at gamestop, but the girlfriend needs to get back from class with the car first. I should be playing this right now, I could be a few hours into the game by now!

2 hours to go~

On a different note, I'm glad I passed on the CE. The plushie looks off and the bookends are kinda cheap (and useless for me).

D: Are you kidding me? I just scratched off and entered my CE code and it's won't take it. I've re-checked and entered it many time now, and it says it's invalid or old. Can I do anything about this?

BobTheFork said:
D: Are you kidding me? I just scratched off and entered my CE code and it's won't take it. I've re-checked and entered it many time now, and it says it's invalid or old. Can I do anything about this?

Wait until the PSN store is updated. If it still doesn't work (Note: It's not working for anyone so I'm sure they are aware of it), contact MM.

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:

Wait till latter tonight. Pre-order DLC always goes up late.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DMPrince said:
pins are nice. there's over 350 pins to collect. i think you can show it off. i love it.

Yeah, you can pick 3 of them to show off under your creator avatar.

Hey guys! So it's out woohoo! I wont be able to get it for a while... just started my new school and I have to focus solely on that. Boo!

jayb

Darknessbear said:
Hey guys! So it's out woohoo! I wont be able to get it for a while... just started my new school and I have to focus solely on that. Boo!

noooooo. we need a new Little Dead Space level!

BobTheFork said:
I don't really know what these unlocked 'pins' are but I just got a dozen of them or more just for starting out.

When I first started the game I automatically earned the trophies for being in the top 25% and top 50% of players on a story level's leaderboard. Is this happening to everyone?

jayb

Schwowsers said:
When I first started the game I automatically earned the trophies for being in the top 25% and top 50% of players on a story level's leaderboard. Is this happening to everyone?

i got a trophy (can't remember which one though) and a bunch of pins when I first started the game too. Some of the pins take into account your LBP1 stats, apparently.

Ranger X

depward said:
I feel your pain. But if you WERE to get your CE, then it's all about taking that CE on a crowded bus home... which, whenever you're carrying something, is always a ton of fun.

I mean, I can't reach the store fast enough so I can grab my copy before it closes. If I had a car I could squease it.

JardeL

IMG_0390.jpg

What an awful-looking Sacktoy. Even I could find a better manufacturer, what's wrong with you SCEA? What the hell is this?

Schwowsers said:

Fucking yuck. I hate trophies like this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's the Sackdoll's face...it's proportions are a bit off. Part of it is because of the weird head shape, but his eyes are too far up.
They sell them individually at my gamestop, normally I'd want something like that but it looks too funky, like a knock-off made in Taiwan or something.

Barrett2

Woohoo!! According to UPS Tracking, my game was signed by "REL 02W" and left at the front door of my building. Im' assuming that means somebody was there to let the UPS guy in the front door, and he just put it on the entry way table.

LBP2 co-op with the wife tonight! Fun! It's been a while since we had a game to play cooperatively together, so this will be great.

Can't seem to connect to another player for more than a minute. Every time I try to do co-op it goes to a loading screen and I have to quit out and re-start

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just now looking over the trophy list, and there's some odd ones like playing after 9pm (no problem) and before 9am, as well as the trophy for playing every day of the week. I do like the trophy for slapping 2 people at once.

All that being said, though, I like them a lot more than LBP1's list. I never wanted to ace all of the levels, that would probably make me hate the game. Also, the create trophy was kind of daunting and lead to all that H4H bullshit.

On the bright side, it looks like a very likely platinum for me. The "hardest" ones seem to be the long term play trophies like spending 24 active hours in Create mode (not gonna cheat that), and playing a lot of LBP2 won't be a problem for me.

edit -Nevermind, there is a trophy for acing every level. Dang, I was hoping they wouldn't do that this time. Oh well.

BobTheFork said:
Can't seem to connect to another player for more than a minute. Every time I try to do co-op it goes to a loading screen and I have to quit out and re-start
there's been issues with that. i've been playing with someone so far. only 2 so far where i get stuck at loading screen.

Top Bottom