• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

I already have a serious implementation change suggestion for MM.
It seems really strange that if you try to play a story level online, it tries to match you with a random person and if it fails, it kicks you back out to the story menu. Why doesn't it just keep trying until it finds someone. I mean, it will try to connect you to someone who has auto-reject on then tell you you can't connect and send you back.

Stampy

lastinline said:
Oh man... this game keeps freezing on me. It froze twice in the intro level that has all the names of the people who worked on the game. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

Apparently not being connected to the internet will fix this. -_-

nataku

Just got my CE, but have to leave for work in an hour. :(

The sackboy's head is a half an inch too tall. That plus no real zipper on the front make it look so cheap.

My Collector's Edition comes in the mail today, I'm getting jealous of everyone's pictures. I also don't come home until 10PM because of a review session for class. :,(
But I'm for playing some co-op when I do go on. PSN: cool_trainer :]

Snuggler said:
Just now looking over the trophy list, and there's some odd ones like playing after 9pm and before 9am, as well as the trophy for playing every day of the week.
I actually got both of those in one go last night. :lol
Started at around 10pm, finished at around 3.

But yeah, I like the trophies a lot more this time around. Didn't LBP1 have like 50 bronzes? lol

Ranger X

jayb said:
yeah, but people trophy-whores generally care more about trophies than some in-game award.

Nah, judging of the beta people, it will be the same craze as the trophy bullshit in LBP1.
Sorry :/

And to put an event darker impression, you can even tell yourself there was a majority of hardcore creators in the beta, the casuals after launch will eat this badge bullshit x10.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Revolutionary said:
I actually got both of those in one go last night. :lol
Started at around 10pm, finished at around 3.

It'll be easy for me since I do the large majority of my gaming late at night (and technically, early in the morning).

Anyways, I'm about to leave and get my copy. So excited, it's finally heeeeeereerefsdgsdfgsdfg

anddo0

Damn tricky prize bubble OCD. I'm already at a loss, as to how to get some of these.

I love the pin implementation. I want to get as many (legit) as possible. I made the mistake of playing some of those trophy levels in LB1 and it took all the fun out of acquiring them.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Anybody on gaf up for some baskeball/rocket arena tournaments? I can see the basketball getting ridiculously intense online.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DMPrince said:
The mini games in this has been surprisingly fun. i actually enjoyed the basketball one.
Basketball was the best. We had a few times when you rejected me and the ball still bounced in. Did you notice I did some fade aways on that far left bounce pad to get away at times? lol

All the minigames have been fun and show more diversity than LBP1. The only odd thing is these weird loading screens me and DM got while playing. It would require me to restart the level so it was not too much hassle but still. So fun though.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Basketball was the best. We had a few times when you rejected me and the ball still bounced in. Did you notice I did some fade aways on that far left bounce pad to get away at times? lol

All the minigames have been fun and show more diversity than LBP1. The only odd thing is these weird loading screens me and DM got while playing. It would require me to restart the level so it was not too much hassle but still. So fun though.
lol i saw. next time i'll win! ;D

and yeah. the loading screen can get stuck sometimes. which is weird because we started a level and it would pop up on my side. was the online smooth for you? with me it was fine. 1 or 2 where it slowed down but it's been pretty smooth at least the last time i played in LBP1 where everything was just slowwwwww lol

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Is there any way to search up only LBP2 created levels? I started up the game over the weekend, see a "Tron" level and go "ooooh". Played it and realized it's the same old stuff from LBP1 where a top level is just "move from the left of the screen to the right without doing anything".

Played to world 3 with a buddy this afternoon. The new game mechanics are exciting, and the experience is a complete joy. Smiling ear to ear. You'll know what I mean when you're blasting out cupcakes with a friend :) so much love and respect for mm! They did it again!

Piggus

That CE Sackboy looks a little... odd lol. The ones they gave away to YouTube subscribers were awesome. I gave mine to my girlfriend since she loves playing LBP with me. :)

Also, woooo Amazon made good on their release day delivery for a change! Too bad I'm working for a few more hours. :(

jayb

IPoopStandingUp said:
Is there any way to search up only LBP2 created levels? I started up the game over the weekend, see a "Tron" level and go "ooooh". Played it and realized it's the same old stuff from LBP1 where a top level is just "move from the left of the screen to the right without doing anything".

when you're looking at a list of community levels, hit triangle to open the filter menu, then uncheck LBP1.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
jayb said:
when you're looking at a list of community levels, hit triangle to open the filter menu, then uncheck LBP1.
Fantastic, thanks! Hoping that with LBP2 there's a boost in quality.

Pyrokai said:
So can you not do that in the second one? :(
no you can LOL. the story mode in the first one is skippable as it's not tied together but if you want the costumes, items, and all that from the first then get the game so you can have tons of stuff when you play LBP2. and yes. you can create levels and dress your sackboy in LBP2 ;P it's LBP1 on steroids.

Grisby

Got my CE. Sackboy is a little on the cheap side but the bookends are nice. Gonna wait till later tonight to download the costumes and check this puppy out.

Forgive me if this has been asked a million times before, but how is the Move implementation for this? Does it work well? Does it make it easier? Is it just for the creator?

Vyse The Legend said:
Forgive me if this has been asked a million times before, but how is the Move implementation for this? Does it work well? Does it make it easier? Is it just for the creator?

Move not in yet they will be DLC some time in summer they is 10 level demo Prehistoric Moves you can put on but it not part of LBP2 yet

spats

depward said:
Maybe being a little nitpicky...

but I'm disappointed with the black-and-white manual :(

You're lucky to have any sort of manual. Isn't Ubisoft completely phasing them out?

Deadstar

jump_button said:
Move not in yet they will be DLC some time in summer they is 10 level demo Prehistoric Moves you can put on but it not part of LBP2 yet

This is not correct. Doesn't LBP2 have 10 levels that allow you to use move controls? There was a teaser on PSN called Sackoy's Prehistoric Moves. I believe the full 10 levels are in the game. One person uses the move controller and the other 3 or 4 people move sackboys around. It is a lot of fun. The person with the move controller has to move things in place or out of the way so that the people running around can get through the level.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ranger X said:
Nah, judging of the beta people, it will be the same craze as the trophy bullshit in LBP1.

The "top levels" thingy in LBP1 was a disaster. A few real levels (that mostly didn't change, and didn't allow for new levels to surface) and a bunch of trophy hoarding ones. Don't wanna see that again.

But thanks to the better filtering options in LBP2, and the MM-recommended levels (is that in yet?), it should be easier to sift through the garbage and actually find good levels this time around, right?

(Don't have the game yet, releasing tomorrow here.)

Deadstar said:
There was a teaser on PSN called Sackoy's Prehistoric Moves.

That's the stand-alone Move game, yes. Are these leves included with LBP2?

Ranger X

RoadHazard said:
The "top levels" thingy in LBP1 was a disaster. A few real levels (that mostly didn't change, and didn't allow for new levels to surface) and a bunch of trophy hoarding ones. Don't wanna see that again.

But thanks to the better filtering options in LBP2, and the MM-recommended levels (is that in yet?), it should be easier to sift through the garbage and actually find good levels this time around, right?

Yes it's easier to find great stuff. You have a couple more search options now and the Media Molecule picks. LBP.me will also let you queue levels from the web, in advance.
But still, if you want most the great stuff, you sadly still need some clicking on the internet.

RoadHazard said:

.... LOL

TripOpt55

Just picked up my CE. The Sackboy does look a bit off, but the bookends are cool. Looking forward to checking out all the costumes. Jak and Daxter is one of my favorite series so they should be pretty sweet to have.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ranger X said:
Yes it's easier to find great stuff. You have a couple more search options now and the Media Molecule picks. LBP.me will also let you queue levels from the web, in advance.
But still, if you want most the great stuff, you sadly still need some clicking on the internet.

Oh yeah, the queueing should be great. In LBP1 it was often harder than it should have been to actually find a certain level in-game after reading about it online. Should be very easy now, since the level can just be linked to and you can queue it right there.

Top Bottom