• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Stantron

Picked up my copy during lunch. Looking forward to play through story mode.
BTW, anyone know if there are stickers and stuff from Sackoy's Prehistoric Moves that are transferable to LBP2?

Stampy said:
Apparently not being connected to the internet will fix this. -_-
I disconneted from the PSN, went in LBP2, connected to the PSN again, but didn't connect to the LBP2 servers to stop the freezing. Apparently their servers are having issues. And, omg this game is fun as heck, and is soooo beautiful. I also think my plushie is cute, and the bookends are surprisingly great quality. I am using them to keep up my games, and it looks so good. MM great job on this game.

I have a really weird bug and I can't play the game. There some giant object in my pod that I didn't put there. It's made of denim and it won't go away even when I reset the pod. I also can't use the computer and select levels to play even when it says I'm in front of it. I can't go anywhere at all :/

darkwing

BobTheFork said:
I have a really weird bug and I can't play the game. There some giant object in my pod that I didn't put there. It's made of denim and it won't go away even when I reset the pod. I also can't use the computer and select levels to play even when it says I'm in front of it. I can't go anywhere at all :/

woah, sounds like a crazy bug/glitch, last resort i think would be to delete the game data

darkwing said:
woah, sounds like a crazy bug/glitch, last resort i think would be to delete the game data
well, here's a picture of what's up.
APhoto.jpg

Ranger X

hahaha, this bug was happening in the beta. Looks like it hasn't been fixed. It's like the planet or your pod did spawn within each other.

Ranger X

Teknoman said:
So...should I delete my beta data before turning on the game for the first time?

I really doubt this would do anything.

Stampy said:
And is the fix known or?

Sorry man, I would have to go search for it through LBPcentral.com's forum, I dunno by heart. I would like to think a fresh boot could fix the issue. Maybe also if they respawn the planet after you change its appearance (although he doesn't seem to be able to use the computer so that might not be doable). Next solution would be to kill the game data and resinstall. Last solution would be to start a new save...

Kurod

Banned
BobTheFork said:
APhoto.jpg
That glitch happened to me too. It fixed itself after turning off the PS3 and starting back up. I heard somewhere that this happens when you change your PSN avatar.

Blakero said:
Is this going to be the thread for user created levels or will there be a separate one?

for now you can but i think they will be one soon but give it some time they no way anyone come out with a gem yet

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BobTheFork said:
APhoto.jpg

Going by the Moon location, looks like the Planet and the pod are sharing the same space in that pic.

Super odd bug indeed.

Bebpo

Banned
Just got my copy. Very excited to turn this on. I've avoided most of the pre-release media and know almost nothing about the game since the initial reveal trailer. LBP1 is probably my favorite game this generation and I liked LBP PSP. I have a feeling I'm going to be blown away :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
nataku said:
Just got my CE, but have to leave for work in an hour. :(

The sackboy's head is a half an inch too tall. That plus no real zipper on the front make it look so cheap.

Yeah, agreed. The plushie is like the mass-produced versions. Really lazy on SCEA's part.

The bookends meanwhile are quality. Holy crap, I didn't expect them to be good.

Overall, I'm mixed on the collectors edition. The stuff is nice, but I wish the plushie was better. >:|

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DMPrince said:
lol i saw. next time i'll win! ;D

and yeah. the loading screen can get stuck sometimes. which is weird because we started a level and it would pop up on my side. was the online smooth for you? with me it was fine. 1 or 2 where it slowed down but it's been pretty smooth at least the last time i played in LBP1 where everything was just slowwwwww lol
There was a couple times when we had some network slowdown but the loading is fixed if the host restarts the level. That's what I kept doing to get you in the game. Otherwise it was smooth on my side even when you were the host.

Barrett2

Blu_LED said:
Does Sony have some sort of problem with making good Sackboy plushies? I mean, god damn. It's so ugly.
They probably just award the contract to whatever manufacturer will do it for obscene low cost. Not much attention is paid to making it look good. :/

anddo0

lastinline said:
THE VOUCHER CODE NOW WORKS! :D

I was able to download the avatars and the costumes just now. :)

You must be referring to the Gamestop code, no?

The CE code still doesn't work.

UFRA

Question for anyone who knows:

I already imported my LBP1 profile and got all my items, pod design, etc. back.

Do I have to keep the LBP1 Downloadable Content data under the "Game Data Utility" folder, or can I delete that now?

I LOVE these books ends but the sack boy plush isn't any different than the ones stores have been selling for months. It's probably the same exact one in fact. Lame.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG Presentation overload, and we have a Facebook-type wall where people can post comments.

*posts on Yeef's wall. :3*

The pins are a neat idea, as is the profile page. The cutscene stuff is really good too. I'm really surprised by the improvements so far. It's overwhelming. Haven't dug into the online or create modes outside of joining Yeef trying to view his profile accendentally.

Protip: Profile view is "more," I wish MM made it default on X and asked if you wanted to join. But I can see why they didn't (makes it easier for kids and lazy adults to X->X join).

Loved the 1st one how does the second compare?
I know the reviews were good, but you know how that can sometimes be misleading.
Hows the level creator?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lando Jones said:
Hows the level creator?

It's mindblowing. So much better than LBP1 feels like reliving the vales-to-microchip revolution.

You can do much more, faster and more efficiently.

Teknoman

UFRA said:
Question for anyone who knows:

I already imported my LBP1 profile and got all my items, pod design, etc. back.

Do I have to keep the LBP1 Downloadable Content data under the "Game Data Utility" folder, or can I delete that now?

I'd like to know that too.

I need to hurry up and jump into microchip tutorials too. Still cant wrap my head around storing piston+switch and other types of logic into one chip. Gotta shrug off LBP1 thinking :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Teknoman said:
I'd like to know that too.

I need to hurry up and jump into microchip tutorials too. Still cant wrap my head around storing piston+switch and other types of logic into one chip. Gotta shrug off LBP1 thinking :D

Having an hard time thinking about how to stop something from happening without resorting to dissolve material :D

BobTheFork said:
APhoto.jpg

Woah. I just got this too after starting the game the 2nd time.

*EDIT: Restarting the PS3 worked for me too. I changed my PSN Avatar to one of the LBP2 ones, but I did that before installing the game.

photozt.jpg

Teknoman

TTP said:
Having an hard time thinking about how to stop something from happening without resorting to dissolve material :D

Yeah, we're so used to having to rig up all sorts of contraptions just to make a door open or close at a certain time. This is going to make designing things alot cleaner and less thermo-feeling. Just thinking about the possibilities now that the game is actually out...going to be insane.

Top Bottom