• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Is the microchip functionality like WireMod for Gary's Mod, but really watered down? That is what I gather from reading this thread. If so that is pretty damn awesome that something like that has made it into a mainstream game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Teknoman said:
Yeah, we're so used to having to rig up all sorts of contraptions just to make a door open or close at a certain time. This is going to make designing things alot cleaner and less thermo-feeling. Just thinking about the possibilities now that the game is actually out...going to be insane.

True. Earlier today I created a simple Space War set up (freely manouverable ship in space with gravity-attracting sun in the middle) and the thermometer level didn't move a bit.

Crazy.

Any idea why it won't let me select a friend and send an invite? 2 friends playing the game, the friends menu in game shows them playing, but "invite" and "join" are grayed out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
caliblue15 said:
sticker before the entering the part of the level.

Yep, like Get a Grip in LBP1, you come back to ace it later when you have the sticker trigger.

TripOpt55

This game is pretty sweet so far. I played the first section of story mode and it's a lot of fun. The Jak sackboy is pretty cool too.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
TTP said:
True. Earlier today I created a simple Space War set up (freely manouverable ship in space with gravity-attracting sun in the middle) and the thermometer level didn't move a bit.

Crazy.

Sounds totally awesome. Can you actually choose where "down" is, and even put it on an object? Can "down" be up? Can you make this switch in a level (and make an awesome VVVVVV-clone)?

Or did you create your gravity-attracting sun through some other trickery?

j-wood

On my ps3 I created a new profile for my fiance. Is there a way I can copy my lbp save to tthat profile so that when we play lbp 2, she will have all the items I collected in lbp1?

TheSeks

j-wood said:
On my ps3 I created a new profile for my fiance. Is there a way I can copy my lbp save to tthat profile so that when we play lbp 2, she will have all the items I collected in lbp1?

Import your LBP1, copy your LBP2 save to her profile. But she won't earn trophies.

Otherwise no, no really. LBP1 copying isn't allowed. :/

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Jeff on the Giant Bombcast has gotten me psyched for Friday. He played twenty minutes worth and decided it was "awesome."

So I have an unopened CE sitting here. What's the verdict? I heard the plush was shit - should I just return it and save the $20, especially since Kmart is giving a $20 giftcard on the standard version?

BigNastyCurve said:
So I have an unopened CE sitting here. What's the verdict? I heard the plush was shit - should I just return it and save the $20, especially since Kmart is giving a $20 giftcard on the standard version?

I don't think it's shit, I like it. And the bookends are awesome, sitting next to the Portal bookends I got my girlfriend for Christmas.

Have only played the first 2 story levels and side level and I love LBP all over again.

Best new franchise to come out this generation.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Sorry if it's been answered already, but is the LBP2 Collectors edition available in Canada, and where? Best Buy doesn't seem to have it.

On the other hand, Best Buy gives a regular version of game for free if you trade in three games with minimum trade in value of $8 each. Would something like first Assassin's Creed be worth that much?

nataku

What's a good way to get swinging to propel yourself upwards with the grappling hook?

In the Grab and Swing level where you get the grappling hook there are point bubbles in the small area above and I can't get myself swinging properly to get them. It's starting to bug me how the length controls change from up/down to left/right once you start swinging.

TheSeks

nataku said:
What's a good way to get swinging to propel yourself upwards with the grappling hook?

In the Grab and Swing level where you get the grappling hook there are point bubbles in the small area above and I can't get myself swinging properly to get them. It's starting to bug me how the length controls change from up/down to left/right once you start swinging.

Yeah, the swing length could be put on right thumb stick for up/down and left/right being left thumbstick to swing. The grapple is kinda awkward. :/

All I can say is try to be EXACTLY left/right and hope for the best. :/

BigNastyCurve said:

The bookends are quality. The plush is like a mass-produced version, so it's really lazy on SCEA part. But the costumes are nice. I'm mixed about it.

Diebuster

nataku said:

What's worked for me is unhooking at the peak of a swing, shifting direction, and then shooting a hook again. Usually builds up enough momentum to launch myself where I want.

gotee12

nataku said:

Go up to the top of the next platform to the far right, jump off the platform to the left to gain momentum (you'll be falling towards the electricity) grapple, swing, profit...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What's the verdict on the level editor with regards to gluing stuff together? I remember many frustrating moments in LBP1 when things would unintentionally get glued together, and then when you tried to de-glue them you would de-glue too much, and things would just fall apart. Are those problems still there?

And what about structures breaking for weird reasons? Can you just say "I want this piece to be harder than diamond and never ever break, no matter how much it's stressed" now?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
RoadHazard said:
Sounds totally awesome. Can you actually choose where "down" is, and even put it on an object? Can "down" be up? Can you make this switch in a level (and make an awesome VVVVVV-clone)?

Or did you create your gravity-attracting sun through some other trickery?

I used the follow mover. Applied it to a gravity-less ship so that it would "follow" the tagged sun I suspended in the air. So whenever in range, the ship would gravitate/follow towards the sun.

I think you can fake where down is using movers. And yeah you can apply them to anything and switch them on and off as you please via logic or controllinator or whatever.

Movers are magic.

There is actually a Story level that lets you switch up and down with a press of a button.

Justin Dailey said:
dumb question but how do I see the "ACE" threshold for a level?

are you asking how to "Ace" a level? you just have to beat it without dying at all. if you're referring to something else then i have no idea.

anyone else think the lbp.me is a mess right now? hardly any levels have screenshots, and most that do are just zoomed in close-ups of sackboy/sackgirl faces. some are rated but not hearted, or some are hearted but not rated, or not thumbs up/down, and it just seems like a really messy way of doing things. hearts shouldn't matter, and should just be a means of adding it to your faves. the rating should be the rating... of course, and just get rid of the thumbs up and down thing. too many ways to rate. this isn't facebook.

it's also hard to find anything noteworthy. i'm still feeling like i should be waiting for "levels of the week" posts online before trying new levels because some crap levels are 4 and 5 star with tons of plays and hearts, and some awesome levels are the same (or may not even have any ratings). wish i could get a list of all the user created levels shown in the commercials, trailers, and the community preview video from the demo. those looked quality and obviously made in LBP2.

also: the "easy trophies COPY ME" levels are annoying.

seady

What is the best way to find good levels?
I barely played the first one because it was kinda difficult navigate finding what's good and what's not.

Madman

seady said:
I barely played the first one because it was kinda difficult navigate finding what's good and what's not.
Either via MM Picks of Filters.

TheSeks

seady said:

MM picks. Bar none.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheSeks said:
MM picks. Bar none.

True. Albeit all of them are still LBP1 levels right?
I checked this out off that list and I was pleased.

http://lbp.me/v/tj4740

btw, who said there are no photos of the levels on lbp.me? Not only there are, but you can even click on players tagged in them and jump to their profiles.

TheSeks said:
MM picks. Bar none.

thanks!

SORT OF AN EDIT BUT NOT REALLY: ...except for the part where most of the levels on the front page are access denied for anyone not in the beta... even if you log in and already own LBP2... and aren't found on lbp.me via search... :(

EDIT 2: google says that LBP2 beta levels aren't compatible with LBP2 and there isn't, and will not be, any means of transferring them to LBP2. so all of those users will have to completely start over again now.

TTP said:
btw, who said there are no photos of the levels on lbp.me? Not only there are, but you can even click on players tagged in them and jump to their profiles.

i said there weren't that many photos, and that most of the photos are just shit tons of closeup photos of sackboy/sackgirl faces. hardly any of them are useable or relevant, or give me any kind of idea of what the levels is about.

acevans2

Anybody having issues traveling from the pod into levels with another person? For the party I'm in, whoever is hosting is the only person that appears in the level-the rest just hang on a loading screen.

Ok, I took a break and came back. My pod fixed itself when I left to a friend and then came back. It even saved how it looked from LBP
APhoto_1.jpg

edit: anddo, just leave to a friend and come back.

edit2: well, crap when I reloaded the game it came back. Also when I left and went to a friend who was in a level I came back and it was fixed, right now I just went to another pod and I see the same thing, a giant ball of denim. errr.

BobTheFork said:
Ok, I took a break and came back. My pod fixed itself when I left to a friend and then came back. It even saved how it looked from LBP
APhoto_1.jpg

edit: anddo, just leave to a friend and come back.

edit2: well, crap when I reloaded the game it came back. Also when I left and went to a friend who was in a level I came back and it was fixed, right now I just went to another pod and I see the same thing, a giant ball of denim. errr.
maybe your pod is too fancy lol.

DJ_Lae

Enjoy what I've played of the game (maybe halfway through the second world). The bookends are shit, basically cardboard with wallpaper stuck on them and some cardboard cutout sackboys for the front given a bit of depth with some foam inserts.

The plush itself has a bit of an elongated head but is much better built than I expected (or I just got lucky). My daughter likes it too, so I'd imagine it will remain a collector's item for all of two days.

b6aqn4.jpg

kbvt6q.jpg

seady

Just curious, how does lbp.me or the game itself tell you which game is backward compatible in LBP1 or not? Because I don't see the levels showing which game (LBP1/LBP2) they are from.

Also, can levels made in LBP2 make its way to LBP1, even if they are simple levels?

Top Bottom