• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Ranger X

seady said:
What is the best way to find good levels?
I barely played the first one because it was kinda difficult navigate finding what's good and what's not.

Have 2 tabs in your browser.

One here:
LBPC community spotlights -- trust me it's great.

And one here:
LBP.me so you can queue levels from anywhere you have the internet and have them ready in your game.

Easy tip to find levels super fast:
When you open a thread in the spotlight archive, besides every level name you have the author and it's PSN name. Search on LBP.me by the PSN name in the text search of top of the page and you'll find any of those levels in seconds.

Now you are bound to play 500+ great levels. This is years of gaming. And this doesn't even factor the levels that will appear tks to LBP2.

ijed

^ Needs to be added to the mini FAQ

seady said:
Just curious, how does lbp.me or the game itself tell you which game is backward compatible in LBP1 or not? Because I don't see the levels showing which game (LBP1/LBP2) they are from.
pink MM tree next to the level == LBP2 level
EDIT: in lbp.me not sure - looks like you filter by LBP1 or LBP2 levels if you want.

seady said:
Also, can levels made in LBP2 make its way to LBP1, even if they are simple levels?

Nope

1 more day to go
for Aussies :(

What's the gamestop pre-order code that's on the receipt?

Even though I had LBP2 ready to go, I couldn't bare to leave my dad and his girlfriend to play the bunker alone. I knew they'd need help so I popped in LBP1 and helped them finish the story levels. Therefore, I didn't get a chance to play 2 that much. Only got up to the cutscene, which was funny thanks to Avalon, and that's it. Can't wait to play tomorrow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
i said there weren't that many photos, and that most of the photos are just shit tons of closeup photos of sackboy/sackgirl faces. hardly any of them are useable or relevant, or give me any kind of idea of what the levels is about.

You're not really going to get relevant to the level shots, dude. That's kinda the weakness that's been there since LBP1. The photos are generally going to be sack people because that's what the users want. If MM patches in the ability for the creator to make photos of parts of the levels and have them be "on top" of the user shots, you'd get what you'd want. But I don't think MM is going to do that. :/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The story mode is really good. A huge step up from LBP1, and the new items are awesome, especially the grappling hook. I'm having a great time with story mode, but it's already got me exciting about making a level with all the stuff they've shown off so far.

...and the user levels are gonna be so good. I have a feeling that this game will be in my PS3 for a very long time. So good.

Agent X

I was playing the story mode of LBP2 for close to two hours tonight. Excellent game!

I probably won't have much time to play tomorrow, but later in the week I'll dig in some more, and of course I want to check out some user-created content as well.

MM needs to fix online. sometimes when people join and you kick them it start having connection issue where it won't properly connect and it cycles the loading screen until you restart the level.

DJ_Lae said:
Enjoy what I've played of the game (maybe halfway through the second world). The bookends are shit, basically cardboard with wallpaper stuck on them and some cardboard cutout sackboys for the front given a bit of depth with some foam inserts.

The plush itself has a bit of an elongated head but is much better built than I expected (or I just got lucky). My daughter likes it too, so I'd imagine it will remain a collector's item for all of two days.

b6aqn4.jpg

kbvt6q.jpg

Cute. How old's your daughter? My son also seems to like the sackboy. He'll turn 1 next tuesday. Luckily I have two more sackboys that don't have the enlongated head that I've purchased a few months back. Those are mine, this one is his haha.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Outside of the online issues this game is a home run. The levels have a much more playable and creative vibe than the first. This got immediately great and not just reliant on plain platforming. Like when you get the grapling hook and then those gloves which let you thrown things. So awesome. Ingenious level design and cool co op incentives. I like more levels so far than I did in the entirety of LBP1 and Im just at the beginning of world 3

Hey now, I love the Sackboy plushie and I'm a 28 year old man :D

The story mode is great. LBP.me is AMAZING. The ideas that I'm coming up with, man. I'm thinking about doing a ninja rope level (Worms players who have ninja roped - how cool would this be?) or a VVVVVV homage.

Definitely hoping this game gets me a bigger PSN friends list, I have like 10 people on there now.

Should have this tomorrow around noon. Until then, more LBP1 to hold me over.

DJ_Lae

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Cute. How old's your daughter? My son also seems to like the sackboy. He'll turn 1 next tuesday. Luckily I have two more sackboys that don't have the enlongated head that I've purchased a few months back. Those are mine, this one is his haha.

Just over ten months, and she seems to have hit the phase where playing with toys involves whacking them against objects (I guess that's an improvement over simply chewing everything to death).

I may simply make another one myself, as judging by this one the construction isn't all that difficult and I'd love to have a Sackboy with a proper metal zipper on it.

Shearie

Haven't been reading through this thread but has this game been freezing the system for anybody? It's happened to me three times already; twice while playing with random people online and once playing by myself. It's been a pretty big downer for me since what I've played of the game so far is completely excellent but I'm now worried of the system freezing everyone I play.

brentech

When it comes to 'progressing through the story' of the game, I only play with my wife so it's all new to both of us at the same time. The music when you get
grapplers
had us laughing - was a good way to show off something new. Seeing sackboy/girl flip and twist was good fun as well.

We only played through 2 levels for the time being, but I'm excited to play more. Sadly need to go back through LBP1 and get items still, since my original system that we completed everything on died. We didn't play much of the game ever since I got the new slim unit...needless to say we're missing a lot of our old items/stickers.

A lesson in backing stuff up -- though I noticed the new profiles are stored in Game Data instead of Save Data. Found that kind of odd. I know the LBP1 I can transfer to USB stick, but haven't tried save the new ones.

W Hudson

Well just put a couple hours into this game, and really love it so far. But I tried for the last hour or so to get into a multiplayer game, and nothing would connect. I just tried to do the join other players feature, and couldn't get in a single thing. I have a solid high speed connection, but no dice. I remember having a lot of internet issues with the first game, hopefully this can be corrected in the immediate future. Still its a great game and look forward to continuing it tomorrow.

TheSeks

brentech said:
A lesson in backing stuff up -- though I noticed the new profiles are stored in Game Data instead of Save Data. Found that kind of odd. I know the LBP1 I can transfer to USB stick, but haven't tried save the new ones.

You can back that data up through the options in the pod menu. You make a save data like the old LBP1 before gamedata move, back it up. Then "import" it to the LBP1 Gamedata again later.

It's really awkward, but apparently Gamedata gives them more wiggle room in regards to profile save file limits than the save data utility/file does.

Shearie

Shearie said:
Haven't been reading through this thread but has this game been freezing the system for anybody? It's happened to me three times already; twice while playing with random people online and once playing by myself. It's been a pretty big downer for me since what I've played of the game so far is completely excellent but I'm now worried of the system freezing everyone I play.

Anybody? It just froze on me again and I'm really worried :( I think I'm going to try deleting the install and downloadable data files and see if that helps.

Teknoman

DoomXploder7 said:
This music sequencer is gonna drive me crazy i can hear the song I want to make in my head but can't find the right notes.

Just remember to try changing the scale and stretching out the note bars/instrument sample squares.

Just beat the first boss, I really like the theme they chose for that as well as the victory theme.

Bebpo

Banned
Game is amazing, perfect, wonderful, everything I imagined it could be.

My only question: One of the only complaints I had about LBP1 was there was no photo export to snap shots and export them to your PC for webpages, or printing photos or anything you'd like. Did they fix this in LBP2? I looked around in the pop up menu and didn't see any way to export the photos.

Ranger X

Bebpo said:

My only question: One of the only complaints I had about LBP1 was there was no photo export to snap shots and export them to your PC for webpages, or printing photos or anything you'd like. Did they fix this in LBP2? I looked around in the pop up menu and didn't see any way to export the photos.

You can export your photos in both games!
Select a photo and press square if I remember right. Then chose "export".

Teknoman

Bebpo said:

Take the shot, press upload, check your lbp.me profile. It should be there for you to download.

479243a69bdf6ec41dab5a8a2298adf03f59806f.jpg

EDIT: Whoa, lol didnt know it used the LBP1 shots too:

f196ee5a187ca61703f0bdb4b6db94c7f1c49327.jpg
9d725d8855f1e10683aad296995785a2eb37b83c.jpg

TheSeks

Or you can export to XMB.

Photo selected->Square/More->Export->X.

But I'm not sure if they've fixed the horrible compression/small images you get from LBP1's export/photo's for 2. I know they upped the size and those lbp.me exported shots look good, but haven't tried 2's export to see if they compress it. :/

TheSeks said:
Or you can export to XMB.

Photo selected->Square/More->Export->X.

But I'm not sure if they've fixed the horrible compression/small images you get from LBP1's export/photo's for 2. I know they upped the size and those lbp.me exported shots look good, but haven't tried 2's export to see if they compress it. :/
The picture of my pod from above is an export and it looks very compressed : /

NJ Shlice

Does the new one not show you what costumes are new since your last visit? The old game had a little glow around new costumes that you've unlocked.

Zim

Has anyone imported their save file from LBP1, received all their previous settings/costumes, but minus ALL previously purchased DLC content??

I cant figure out how my little sackboy can be Raiden -_____-

netguy503

Zim said:
Has anyone imported their save file from LBP1, received all their previous settings/costumes, but minus ALL previously purchased DLC content??

I cant figure out how my little sackboy can be Raiden -_____-

Did you see if you had the individual parts? MM didn't save full costumes to your popit until WAY late in the game in LBP1 (I want to say around the time of the Marvel DLC). So you might want to check for the individual parts, and not the full costume.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Raiden didn't show up on mine, either, I think.

I made it up to the final level of the story mode when I cut myself off for the night. This game is so good. I loved LBP1 but by the end of the first year I was kind of burnt out on it. It all feels new again now. This is how you do a sequel. Story mode has been great but I can't wait to get it over with so I can move on to create and the user levels.

Zim

netguy503 said:
Did you see if you had the individual parts? MM didn't save full costumes to your popit until WAY late in the game in LBP1 (I want to say around the time of the Marvel DLC). So you might want to check for the individual parts, and not the full costume.

Thats it!! All the pieces are just scattered. Thank you sir!!

MrMephistoX

I got this as a part of the B2G1 deal at Bestbuy today and am seriously considering taking it back un opened. That stuffed Sackboy is 20 extra dollars worth of adorable

[Edit]Woops posting from my IPad sorry to copy the entire OP.

MrMephistoX said:
I got this as a part of the B2G1 deal at Bestbuy today and am seriously considering taking it back un opened. That stuffed Sackboy is 20 extra dollars worth of adorable!

I don't think the CE comes with the entire GAF thread OP.

Shearie

Well I went to the official LBP forums and read advice from people having the same system freezing problem as me to play the single-player not logged into PSN and that stopped the freezing. This is kinda fine for the time being since I'm just going through the campaign by myself anyway but I REALLY hope this gets fixed soon for obvious reasons.

I seem to be cursed when it comes to all things LBP since in the first game my save file got corrupted multiple times and now this is happening with LBP2.

UFRA

This game is great!

Absolutely LOVE how easy it was to load up my LBP1 profile, and instantly get ALL of my stuff back and my pod decorated just the way I left it!!!!!!

A little disappointed to see basically the same network issues at launch that LBP1 had, but I can overlook that considering they really raised the bar over the previous game.

UFRA

UFRA said:
Question for anyone who knows:

I already imported my LBP1 profile and got all my items, pod design, etc. back.

Do I have to keep the LBP1 Downloadable Content data under the "Game Data Utility" folder, or can I delete that now?

I know at least one other person wanted to know the answer to this.

I'm 99% sure you do have to keep the LBP1 DLC data on your PS3. The reason I've come to this conclusion:

One of my friends imported his LBP1 data, and got his old costumes back. When he went to try on his santa costume, it said he needed to download the pack for that costume in order to use it (or something to that effect). He lost all of the data on his old PS3, and never re-downloaded the LBP1 DLC, so that's where I get this info from. lol

If the LBP1 DLC data was not needed, he should have been able to use that costume (which was from LBP1).

Great game, but I wish it was easier to access my DLC levels ( Marvel, MGS et al). It's annoying to have to go to the store and find them amongst the items that the game is trying to guilt me into buying.

Teknoman

af8b4aaf08ec48f6c42327e5894b60abceddbbee.jpg

Had no idea there was a background like this. Now i've really got to get into the story mode.

Also some of the new instruments are cool and a few are just the sounds I needed :) They also added a preview track for each instrument sample.

OMG Aero

I only recently got a PS3 so I haven't played LBP1 and will probably just skip to this game. Can I borrow a friend's copy of LBP1 to import content from the original game? And keeping in mind I don't have any DLC, what does this actually get me?

mclem

OMG Aero said:
I only recently got a PS3 so I haven't played LBP1 and will probably just skip to this game. Can I borrow a friend's copy of LBP1 to import content from the original game? And keeping in mind I don't have any DLC, what does this actually get me?

You get access to all the contents of the prize bubbles you've unlocked. So borrowing a version of LBP1 and not actually *playing* it won't get you all that much.

Stupid question, but is the online portion of LBP down or something? The only options I have available are playing the single player game, the others are grayed out. I know I have no problems being online with my PS3 because I can log into PSN, browse the PSN store, and download things from it.

Top Bottom