• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

N.A

Banned
Is there a way to disable the auto-join multiplayer option? I ticked the box to automatically attempt to join but can't find the option to turn it off.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Played for a few hours (did the first SP world, some tutorials, a couple of community levels, some playing with the new stuff in the editor), and I'm really impressed! Seems like a huge leap above LBP1 (even if some issues still remain), and I'm very excited about the endless possibilities of this game.

One visual nitpick: In the tutorial videos smoke/fog looks thick, shaded and nice, but when I make some it looks thin and weak, with no shading. I am disappoint... :(

AndyD

aka andydumi
Snuggler said:
* Weird question, but is there any downside to using a lot of level links? I ask because I always struggled with using space conservatively and planning ahead in LBP1, but leveling linking from area to area (especially in the level I'm planning out) will make it so much easy.

I thought every level link will take up another slot on your share limit of 20.

Anyway, my first thing about coop is for them to not bump you back to start if the other person has auto-deny on. Simply try to connect to another person, then another... and let me hit cancel along the way at any time.

But I have not had issues joining once I found people who are willing to coop together. I want to play with some gaffers tonight and get through some of the other story levels. I only finished Larry Da Vinci Last night.

jred2k

Snuggler said:
I tried a few times to join a co-op game, but all 3 times it got stuck in loading. I could hear them talk, though, it got close. Someone did successfully join me, but before the end of the level he got stuck in loading hell as well.

Hopefully MM can iron this out fast cause I'd love to play some co-op soon.

I was playing co-op last night with a friend and, for the most part, it worked fine, but the odd time it would hang on a loading screen. One thing I found to work sometimes was to open up the XMB and then close it. When I did this it would instantly put me back into the game/Pod.

One time it sat loading so long that my controller turned itself off. As soon as the controller turned off it loaded me into my friend's Pod.

Mudkips

Banned
Can someone tell me how lbp.me works?
I can go there, see maps, see users, etc., but I don't see myself.
(Yes, I set the thing to allow all for both privacy options.)

And how do I upload photos? Does it just automatically do it when I take a photo in the game? Is there a difference between photos (PSEye photos) and screenshots?

And the main question...
How the hell do I queue up levels from lbp.me to play?

Or is much of this shit inactive until I complete the first world? I only played the first 3 or 4 levels last night.

Teknoman

Ranger X said:
Should be doable actually.

I can get the drum section down fine, but I cant get part that sounds like synth to sound the way I want it. Probably just need to take a little time with the different instruments, but still. Probably something to do with the tempo too.

So far i'm using percussion acoustic, robot (for the synth sound, which I thought would be an electric piano, but it might be one of the wave sounds), and I guess distorted guitar and power chord for the rest.

Mudkips said:
Can someone tell me how lbp.me works?
I can go there, see maps, see users, etc., but I don't see myself.
(Yes, I set the thing to allow all for both privacy options.)

click on your name after you click on dashboard. should bring you to your page, activity feed, etc.

Mudkips said:
And how do I upload photos? Does it just automatically do it when I take a photo in the game? Is there a difference between photos (PSEye photos) and screenshots?

anytime you hear the click from a level auto taking a photo, it puts it in a list of photos you can access in the game under stickers and decorations. hit square on one of those photos and hit upload to send it to your lbp.me page. you can also save to your PS3 hdd if you want. (i saved to hdd and then uploaded to my facebook through the photo gallery app)

Mudkips said:
And the main question...
How the hell do I queue up levels from lbp.me to play?

hover over the little grey bell icon to the right of a level name. it will turn into a green Add to Queue icon and just click it. do it again to remove it from your queue. you can also click on a level name and there will be a big green button up to. go up to the top right and click my queue to see your list.

Mudkips said:
Or is much of this shit inactive until I complete the first world? I only played the first 3 or 4 levels last night.

everything is working from the moment you first arrive in your pod. i queued up levels before i even got my copy of the game, and as soon as i finished the tutorial opening level thingy i checked and saw all those levels in my queue.

ALSO: if you click on community and it just shows you some demo reel of cool levels, then you accidentally clicked on LBP2 Demo instead of the actual game............ like i did. :lol

Mudkips

Banned
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
click on your name after you click on dashboard. should bring you to your page, activity feed, etc.

Yeah, but I don't show up when I do a search for my PSN ID.
I get other people with similar names, and levels with parts of my name in it. No me.

hover over the little grey bell icon to the right of a level name. it will turn into a green Add to Queue icon and just click it. do it again to remove it from your queue. you can also click on a level name and there will be a big green button up to. go up to the top right and click my queue to see your list.

Doing that gets me a red !, and it says "There's been an errorz!".

everything is working from the moment you first arrive in your pod. i queued up levels before i even got my copy of the game, and as soon as i finished the tutorial opening level thingy i checked and saw all those levels in my queue.

Well, shit. My shit is broken then.
responses in bold

Edit - the queue dealie works in IE, not in FF. But still not showing up in a direct search for my PSN ID, and still no recent activity. Maybe shit will show up after I play more tonight.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Damn, logic gates and circuit boards are gonna make a lot of stuff so much easier! No more complicated pistons+sensors contraptions for making simple logic, thank god...

UFRA

My character's head doesn't move when I move the controller around.

When I click L3, it switches to the pelvis movement, and my motions with the controller translate to the character with no issue.

I click L3 to switch back to head movement, and he's as stiff as a board. Anyone else have this happen? Tried rebooting, no fix. :/

I am not feeling the story levels as much as I did in the first game. Yes there is a ton more to do and its all very impressive but the story seems like a huge sampling of ideas rather than a platforming game. I am almost done with world 3, I expect it to be better.

As of last night the community levels for LBP2 were complete garbage as expected. A shame they erased all beta levels. Every time I tried to join someone for a versus level the game would load for ever and there would be a connection error, its a mess to play with random people.

I have not touched create mode yet but I plan to later. As always I cant wait to see what the best of gaf has to offer, that is when LBP really shines.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
UFRA said:

When I click L3, it switches to the pelvis movement, and my motions with the controller translate to the character with no issue.

I click L3 to switch back to head movement, and he's as stiff as a board. Anyone else have this happen? Tried rebooting, no fix. :/
Might want to get that looked at.

Dug

Banned
UFRA said:

That's happening to me too! No idea how to fix it though. :\

Mudkips said:
responses in bold

Edit - the queue dealie works in IE, not in FF. But still not showing up in a direct search for my PSN ID, and still no recent activity. Maybe shit will show up after I play more tonight.

i don't show up under search either, even if im signed in. i don't think it will show me unless i publish levels. (i don't make levels)

OUCH! that sucks man. i haven't encountered any weird stuff like that. i set both of my privacy settings to "only signed in people can see" and that's pretty much it. i'm also using chrome, and haven't used any other browser to access lbp.me at all. i don't think it's a browser issue though.

if you want to manually go to your page, type lbp.me/u/(your username here) <--case sensitive. here's mine as an example: http://lbp.me/u/OrganicShadow

every now and then i get 404 errors when just browsing around the site, so hopefully your issues are just stuff they are trying to iron out.

Just bought this today, sadly no retailer is going to carry the Special Edition on my country so I had to settle with the vanilla version, I really wanted my sackboy :(

Game is fun, but I have a few nitpicks. When I launched the game for the first time (and after receving like 20 pins), the game gave me this huge error message that I couldn't continue playing my last level? ugh Mm, glitchy as always. The fire shading is way too strong now, I played some of my older levels and some flaming monster I made back then now look like shit. Finally, and I know this doesn't matter for most people, but the trophies for LBP2 are ridiculous, I liked the original set a lot more.

UFRA

Dug said:
That's happening to me too! No idea how to fix it though. :\

Well it's good to know it's not just me. Clearly it's a game bug then, since I DID have head movement originally when I first started playing. Then randomly it quit working.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Might want to get that looked at.

Harr harrr :p

Ranger X

Mudkips said:
responses in bold

There's a setting in the game where you give the permission for the game to share your info with the website. If this is not turned on, you will not appear in any activity field and you will not show up in searches. So that might be your problem right there. Go check in the profile options.

Trying to play versus levels with random people is a complete mess. I want to play the story levels alone so that is what I have been doing. But there are versus levels scattered throughout and I want to simply jump into that level and have others there to play.

So if you press join us the game asks someone who 90% of the time rejects you, then the game throws you into the level alone, so you have to back out again. You cant wait for people to join cause these levels have no staging area, you simply get thrown into the match. The few times I did get to join a game it would get stuck in loading. Maybe I see them playing the level but my sackboy does not enter. The only time I successfully entered a game was after the host left the level and entered his pad where he proceeded to play a different level.

It is impossible to enter a versus level online with random people.

Ranger X

MiamiWesker said:
Trying to play versus levels with random people is a complete mess. I want to play the story levels alone so that is what I have been doing. But there are versus levels scattered throughout and I want to simply jump into that level and have others there to play.

So if you press join us the game asks someone who 90% of the time rejects you, then the game throws you into the level alone, so you have to back out again. You cant wait for people to join cause these levels have no staging area, you simply get thrown into the match. The few times I did get to join a game it would get stuck in loading. Maybe I see them playing the level but my sackboy does not enter. The only time I successfully entered a game was after the host left the level and entered his pad where he proceeded to play a different level.

It is impossible to enter a versus level online with random people.

Yes, enter with your friends ;)

(oh and yeah, I will make a user level thread in a week or two)

Ranger X said:
There's a setting in the game where you give the permission for the game to share your info with the website. If this is not turned on, you will not appear in any activity field and you will not show up in searches. So that might be your problem right there. Go check in the profile options.

i started using the website before i even owned the game though, so it didn't seem like it needed the game's permission. maybe if you play the game FIRST you'll have to enable it in the game? otherwise they just assume you are cool with it?

it also automatically put some of my LBP1 activity on there too. weird.

Ranger X

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
i started using the website before i even owned the game though, so it didn't seem like it needed the game's permission. maybe if you play the game FIRST you'll have to enable it in the game? otherwise they just assume you are cool with it?

it also automatically put some of my LBP1 activity on there too. weird.

I think you are at "yes" by default. That could explain the case where you go in the website first.

piratepwnsninja said:
So did I read correctly in another thread that you are able to make levels that require using PS Move?

Well, maybe not require, but use it.

No you can't.

BeeDog

This game's pretty fucking good; definitely gives a much better impression than LBP1. Also, was really surprised to hear Trentemöller - Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider Go!!! on the soundtrack. Great pick :D

JohngPR

Finally got to play my game today....awesome!!!

59d1828691fabc26ee772e3a2ccd0d72a5ebc4a6.jpg

Ranger X said:
I think you are at "yes" by default. That could explain the case where you go in the website first.

i see.

i found that MmPicks is an option under community, but i actually like using the site better. especially considering i can do all my browsing and queuing at work, and then just play when i get home.

Success! Got all the prize bubble in Gripple Grapple. NEVER will do that again. I don't know if I can do that in the final boss of World 3 LOL

ijed

Confidence Man said:
For people with the full game or were in the beta, are created levels still prone to completely fall apart if you unstick a certain object?

If the whole level is stuck to the one object then probably ... also probably means you're doing it wrong ...

Madman

Confidence Man said:
For people with the full game or were in the beta, are created levels still prone to completely fall apart if you unstick a certain object?
Not an issue with the advanced glue tool.

I watched the direction combiner tutorial and I think I'm missing something. When I hook a combiner up to two buttons and a motor bolt, the combiner acts like an OR switch and the motor bolt spins clockwise no matter which button is depressed.

The tutorial movie seemed to indicate that you can get it to spin one direction with the push of one button and the other direction with the push of the other.

TripOpt55

I love this game. I played another world (the one with sackbots) and it was quite cool. Also, got to try some co-op and stupid stuff is always happening in co-op and it's pretty hilarious.

Top Bottom