• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Ranger X

Teknoman said:
You could always just make horn shapes out of wood or polystyrene. Some really decent decoration horns were in the monster pack...and teeth from LBP1 Savannah stage I believe.

By the way, Ranger X, did you have any suggestions on what instruments I might use for the theme I posted?

I would have to check more in detail. I estimated it would be doable but I didn't try yet. :p
Actually, I could test some and comeback at you. But right now i'll try to go through story mode and actually get all the instruments (got some at teh beginning of the game so I guess I will win more later)

Teknoman

Ranger X said:
I would have to check more in detail. I estimated it would be doable but I didn't try yet. :p
Actually, I could test some and comeback at you. But right now i'll try to go through story mode and actually get all the instruments (got some at teh beginning of the game so I guess I will win more later)

Hmm...I just assumed the tutorial gave me all the instruments (there are a few new samples too). Guess I should just stick to the original plan of running through story mode first. About the lighting in LBP1 stages: Once you edit the color correction/darkness settings, everything should look normal...right?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Square Triangle said:
And with the side challenge levels- I actually want to play them now! With the new gadgets and mechanics everything is just a pure bliss.

Absolutely. I actually would just skip on the mini games in the first one, play them just for the completion percentage and that was it. I've played a ton of time on most of the mini games... although the pool one was pretty weak, the rest of them are ridiculously fun.

Ranger X

Teknoman said:
Hmm...I just assumed the tutorial gave me all the instruments (there are a few new samples too). Guess I should just stick to the original plan of running through story mode first. About the lighting in LBP1 stages: Once you edit the color correction/darkness settings, everything should look normal...right?

There are some stuff that I can tweak but if I republish them, they will count as LBP2 levels!

Bebpo

Banned
TheSeks said:
Finished Story mode. VERY SHORT compared to LittleBigPlanet 1, I feel. That doesn't mean it isn't quality, as it is. But it's able to be beaten in a day or two. I've got to Ace some of the levels and go back for the prize bubbles I've missed, but that doesn't give it an excuse for the short length.

Feels like an expansion pack to 1 despite the fact that the new stuff is worth the $60 asking price.

Also you don't get any of the LBP1 items here, so it's like MM/SCEE want you to buy both games. :/ Oh, well, not like I sold LBP1 anyway. So I just have to go back and Ace and get the bubbles I'm missing in 1 now.

Haven't delved into Create Mode yet. Does it have Keyboard Mouse controls or was that nixed/planned for later? Because honestly, that's the only way I can see myself putting a level up for longer than a week if going for the "year published" pin instead of just getting the week published trophy and deleting my crappy level. :/

Was LBP story mode really that long? I remember both LBP1 and LBP PSP taking a few days or a week at most and then I was just playing online and user levels the rest of the time.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
jump_button said:
lol this is a sick joke my ps3 started yellow lighting today and my EU CE should be comeing today lol got it working but did take 6 trys

Unless you wanna reflow it and whatnot to get it out, I wouldn't even bother putting the game in.

Why is there no "swing" to the grappling hook? It feels like it just murders my momentum so instead of swinging to the next spot he just sort of hangs there. It's making the prize bubbles in the third boss a real pain in the ass right now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Tkawsome said:
Why is there no "swing" to the grappling hook? It feels like it just murders my momentum so instead of swinging to the next spot he just sort of hangs there. It's making the prize bubbles in the third boss a real pain in the ass right now.

Yeah, I love the hook but that part seems off. You can't really swing to gain momentum, it just seems to make the rope retract and slow you down. You can kinda gain some momentum by trying to swing and letting go then grappling again, but MM should tweak it so you can actually swing on a grappling hook like you do a sponge/rope.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Painkiller Q8 said:
IGN played it 50 hrs in a row !!!

I want this game now.

IGN just streamed it, it was a few LBP vets like Donkey Show that played it 50 hrs for the record. That must have been pretty fuckin tough, no matter how much you like the gam.e

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Tkawsome said:

You get used to it, however I do feel this is a bit of a problem in that it's not 100%. You want to try to get forward momentum and let yourself fall as far as possible before shooting, that really gets me flying.

edit- btw don't hold R1 and start swinging... swing yourself, release turn around and repeat.

Ranger X

There's nothing wrong with the grappling hook itself. The very bad idea was to control up/down AND left/right with the left joystick.

What happens is that when we push the joystick left/right, we never really make it perfectly and it's possible you go up/down --- wich in turn will kill your momentum (as it should with real gravity anyways).

Finished Story Mode in 4 hours. Felt much easier an shorter than LBP1. Also, the grappling hook sucked. Some awesome levels though. Putting the game down for a few weeks and will wait for cream of creation crop to rise. Its a good game but since i wont bw creating anything, not sure if it was worth the 60$. The ten community levels I played were kind of whatever

Just beat the game. Gonna trade it in to Gamestop since I'm done with it.

:p

The story mode was fantastic. A real showcase of what the game is capable of and I can't wait to see what everyone does with the tools. My only complaint is that online co-op is pretty hit or miss at the moment. Oh, and the music selection isn't as omgfuckawesome as the original's.

WEGGLES

Revolutionary said:

The story mode was fantastic. A real showcase of what the game is capable of and I can't wait to see what everyone does with the tools. My only complaint is that online co-op is pretty hit or miss at the moment. Oh, and the music selection isn't as omgfuckawesome as the original's.
You made me confused for a sec

"what thread did I click..."

Revolutionary said:

WTF not wait to see what user come up with? it take more then a day or two lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jump_button said:
WTF not wait to see what user come up with? it take more then a day or two lol

He was just kidding with that.

The sad thing, though, is that there actually some schmucks that do it like that. They'll just play the single player and won't touch the game again even though there is the incredible Create mode and (eventually) a billion user levels to play.
I guess some people just don't have the patience or dedication to stick with a game, they just wanna plunder it, get their trophies and move on to the next game.

msdstc said:
edit- btw don't hold R1 and start swinging... swing yourself, release turn around and repeat.

Snuggler said:
You can kinda gain some momentum by trying to swing and letting go then grappling again

There's no time! A giant chicken stamps me if I take longer then a second.

I succeeded after too many tries though. It was all for a prize, but I'm not about to pass up an audio bubble. I don't care if a giant mechanical chicken and some crazy physics are standing in my way, that music (or sound) will be mine.

Edit: It was a turkey. A giant mechanical turkey.

TEH-CJ

Banned
WTF why can't I play co op with a buddy?!? everytime I try to connect to his room I get a fucking permanent loading screen! how did this get passed QA!

deadnoob

TEH-CJ said:
WTF why can't I play co op with a buddy?!? everytime I try to connect to his room I get a fucking permanent loading screen! how did this get passed QA!

Permanent load screen is quite annoying.... :|

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
once I can afford this, I'm seriously considering spending some good time on a level this time.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Rez said:
once I can afford this, I'm seriously considering spending some good time on a level this time.

sort of weird, but I searched for "NeoGAF" earlier tonight on the user levels and I found/played a level that I'm pretty sure you made way back when the game first came out

it kinda sucked, but whatever

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I never actually built a level. I played with the tools, which included publishing one or two horrid things, but I never actually planned out a level and did anything more than a box with things in it.

Snuggler said:
He was just kidding with that.

The sad thing, though, is that there actually some schmucks that do it like that. They'll just play the single player and won't touch the game again even though there is the incredible Create mode and (eventually) a billion user levels to play.
I guess some people just don't have the patience or dedication to stick with a game, they just wanna plunder it, get their trophies and move on to the next game.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but most of the user levels in LBP were shit compared to the awesome campaign levels. Most time I bothered trying those user levels I felt like I was wasting my time.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
RockmanWhore said:
I don't want to sound like a dick, but most of the user levels in LBP were shit compared to the awesome campaign levels. Most time I bothered trying those user levels I felt like I was wasting my time.

Eh, I agree that most were shit, since there were literally millions of shitty levels, but there were plenty of good levels to keep me busy. Often good, but sometimes exceptional even - better than the Media Molecule levels. I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing co-op on user levels and there were so many great levels that I came across. I think that I eventually hearted like 170 or so levels, and that was just what I played in the first year, it was only what I came across personally.

It may have been hard at times to get to the good levels, the 'cool levels' page could be bloated, but you're genuinely full of shit if you try and claim that there weren't enough good user levels in LBP1. I've been there, and I have seen for myself that that's flat out wrong. It's not a matter of opinion, just how much time you actually spent with the game.

Anyways, it'll only be better in LBP2 with all the tweaks and badass new tools. Can't wait. :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
part of my problem with LBP has always been that the core concepts have always struck me as much more PC-centric rather than console-based. It's the sort of thing I want to do quickly in a window before I do something else rather than something I want to switch the game disc for, load up the game, patch a million times and then spend the time waiting for levels to load. I feel like I'd use it so much more for browsing other people's levels if I could double-click an icon, choose from a list and have fun.

The amount of time from point a to b has always been, from my uneducated perspective, what kept LBP from really taking off. There was a level of commitment there that most people don't have. I hope LBP2 remedies this some how.

Rez said:
part of my problem with LBP has always been that the core concepts have always struck me as much more PC-centric rather than console-based. It's the sort of thing I want to do quickly in a window before I do something else rather than something I want to switch the game disc for, load up the game, patch a million times and then spend the time waiting for levels to load. I feel like I'd use it so much more for browsing other people's levels if I could double-click an icon, choose from a list and have fun.

The amount of time from point a to b has always been, from my uneducated perspective, what kept LBP from really taking off. There was a level of commitment there that most people don't have. I hope LBP2 remedies this some how.

lbp.me should help some :)

No 1080p forced or otherwise, uk limited collectors ed is pretty shit a steel case some avatars and some costumes dont know if it was worth the extra £5.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
God, I love the queueing functionalty. So damn convenient to just click a link to a level, queue it up, and immediately have it lined up to play in the game. In LBP1 it was a bit of a chore to find a level someone had recommended, but now it couldn't be easier!

Question: If I were to go back to LBP1 and ace a few more levels for some more stuff, can I then just re-import my save to LBP2, and it will just add the new stuff?

BTW, where did the jetpack go? Has it been removed, or have I just not seen it yet?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
dk_ said:
So, is there Move support in the game (SP levels)?

Nope, and I don't see how the SP levels could have Move support. They'd have to be changed to actually include Move-able elements. The editor will get Move support later though, and should enable you to create Move elements in your levels.

RoadHazard said:
Nope, and I don't see how the SP levels could have Move support. They'd have to be changed to actually include Move-able elements. The editor will get Move support later though, and should enable you to create Move elements in your levels.

I think it could work if it used the thing like wiimote and nunchuk. However they would be then closing out people without move, maybe move elements in single player couldve worked like prize bubbles etc put in parts you would have to use move to get too.

Ranger X

RockmanWhore said:

It's just like games out there, music out there, movies out there, etc. Most suck, you sadly need to weed through the crap and find what suits you. The difference is that you didn't do it with LBP and (i know) the game isn't really designed in a way so you find the great stuff. LBP2 is a tad better but if you don't put any effort, you will miss the thousands of users levels THAT ARE Media Molecule's level of quality and even some surpassing it. I played countless excellent user levels in LBP1 (and here I speak of top quality levels, not the usual creation and bullshit you find in the cool level pages)

Now, just for you, I will repeat myself (once again) and give you the keys in order so you can play the best levels around and permanently change your vision of this community for something 10x better:

RangerX said:
Have 2 tabs in your browser.

One here:
LBPC community spotlights -- trust me it's great.

And one here:
LBP.me so you can queue levels from anywhere you have the internet and have them ready in your game.

Easy tip to find levels super fast:
When you open a thread in the spotlight archive, besides every level name you have the author and it's PSN name. Search on LBP.me by the PSN name in the text search of top of the page and you'll find any of those levels in seconds.

Now you are bound to play 500+ great levels. This is years of gaming. And this doesn't even factor the levels that will appear tks to LBP2.

deadnoob said:
Permanent load screen is quite annoying.... :|
I found that kicking the person who's taking too long to load and then re-inviting them seems to work. Only the inviter can do this and if you're the joiner, you're stuck.

I don't see an option of playing community levels without playing in join others mode (e.g. Loading Screen Russian Roulette), though.

Erm i think ive got a big bug, i just booted the game up it launched to my pod then theres a big fucking moon crashed inside my pod and i cant use the pod computer. Ive reset, and its still there, how do you export pics so i can show you?.

Top Bottom