• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Stantron

One of my favorite new features is being able to quickly turn stickers into material objects. Create mode: popit > materials > *select material* > sticker outline (or whatever it's called) > *select sticker*. This is so much more efficient than putting a sticker on material, then trim cutting or using the edge too. With the new way, the material outlines fit the perimeter of the stickers pretty damn well too. Will come in very handy when I attempt to make a new level.

Nakazato

DMPrince said:
not feeling you. tell us why you're not =)
I really want to love it i do. I have this feeling of been here done that. But im only on the second world.

but i am sure that when the community devs hit there stride ill be blow away

jayb

Stantron said:
One of my favorite new features is being able to quickly turn stickers into material objects. Create mode: popit > materials > *select material* > sticker outline (or whatever it's called) > *select sticker*. This is so much more efficient than putting a sticker on material, then trim cutting or using the edge too. With the new way, the material outlines fit the perimeter of the stickers pretty damn well too. Will come in very handy when I attempt to make a new level.

oh sweet! I didn't even notice this.

rhino4evr

The game has only been put a few days and I'm already impressed with the community levels. All the MM picks are awesome...especially the panda hunt.

Also got some great 4 player co op levels in with almost no lag whatso ever. I'm impressed

Nakazato said:
I really want to love it i do. I have this feeling of been here done that. But im only on the second world.

turn up the volume and play with friends. Beginning is slow just like LBP1. It's still like a "how to" with the new items and gadgets.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a dumb question, but does the CE version of the game come in a standard sized box? I mean within the huge outerbox that fits in the plush, booked, etc.

Monroeski said:
Probably a dumb question, but does the CE version of the game come in a standard sized box? I mean within the huge outerbox that fits in the plush, booked, etc.
The game itself is in a standard PS3 case next to the bonus stuff.

darkwing

Nakazato said:

you have to remember LBP2 has to cater to people who haven't played LBP1 yet too, the beginning stuff is like a tutorial just like in LBP1

Nakazato said:

Wait 'till they introduce all the Sackbot mechanics and mix it up with the new gadgets. It gets crazy.

Level recommendation for you all. Omicron. Queue it up it's cool: http://lbp.me/v/w-2gxv

r4z4

Got this yesterday and I am loving it. Starts out like a platformer but there are so many unique levels which show off what you can make with the creator.

Is there a dedicated thread for gaffers to hook up and play together online? I'm going to be spending alot of time this weekend going through the story mode trying to grab everything so hit me up: r_4_z_4

Ranger X

rhino4evr said:
The game has only been put a few days and I'm already impressed with the community levels. All the MM picks are awesome...especially the panda hunt.

Also got some great 4 player co op levels in with almost no lag whatso ever. I'm impressed

I think the current MM picks are LBP1 levels.

AndyD said:
now all I need is an app (android and iOS) where it keeps me logged in. the barcode would get scanned and then link to my PSN account. I think that's a lot easier than using PSEYE. (unless there is an official app?)

Darklord

Banned
I...I think I want to buy a PS3 for this game. Fucking Quick Look. Why did I have to watch you?! Watch a video, costs me like $500.

Dug

Banned
Oh yeah, a MM worker just said this over at their LBP forums:

We're going to be adding more pins over time, for starters.

Also, here is the full list of the secret pins:

Amy's Birthday Pressie
Play on Amy's Birthday

Daniel's Birthday Gift
Play LittleBigPlanet 2 on Daniel's Birthday

Festive Spirit
Wear a Christmas costume on Christmas Day

Group Hug of 20,000
Play online at the same time as 20,000 other players

Halloween Hauntings
Wear the Pumpkin Head Costume on Halloween

Master of the Internets
Run and awesome LBP2 fansite!

MM Picked
Have one of your levels featured in Mm Picks

MM's Birthday
Play LBP2 on Media Molecule's birthday

Molecule
Get a job at Media Molecule. Good for you

Platinum Club
Own the Platinum trophy for LIttleBigPlanet 2

Royalty
You are awarded a crown (LBP1 or LBP2)

See What I Did There?
Make and distribute an awesome tutorial video or level

Special Friends
Be a jolly nice game developer-love from the folks at Mm

Thanksgiving Turkey
Wear the Turkey Head costume on Thanksgiving

Touching Royalty
"High Five" Media Molecule's Alex Evans

Valentine Roses
Attach the Red rose from the Valentine's Pack to another played on Valentine's Day

Who's Who
Watch the credits all the way through

I'm mad. MAD I tell ye! My PS3 died a few days ago (just shipped it out to Sony) so my brand new copy of LBP2 is staring back at me with no cozy disc drive to load up on.

Teknoman

Hmm... Was Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider Go!!! in LBP1? Really would work nice for a boss battle in a cartoony platformer or some kind of crazy island race.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This game is unbelievable but the online problems are a bitch. I tried several times last night to "Dive In" to a co-op level, and the one time I made it in lasted about 30 seconds before I ended up in loading hell again.

That's too bad, but thankfully my attention is on Create at the moment. I managed to come up with a decent concept and I'm in the early stages of my first level. It's about surviving the aftermath of a post apocalyptic event that destroys little big city. You travel across a ruined highway as shit collapses and stuff.

Anyways, anyone know of a Community level where I can find some Car objects? I want to add a bunch of busted cars to my level, and I remember seeing some decent looking ones but I've deleted all my community objects since then. I've tried making my own cars but they hardly even look like cars, they're like an insane person's warped interpretation of a car.

can't wait to get the f out of work and back to this lovely game

BeeDog

Teknoman said:
Hmm... Was Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider Go!!! in LBP1? Really would work nice for a boss battle in a cartoony platformer or some kind of crazy island race.

No, it's only in LBP2. The track was a pleasant surprise. :D

PS. Do you know the trackname for the bumblebee level?

Dead

well not really...yet
Don't remember if it was like this in the first game, but its kinda annoying that if I want to play my DLC levels when Im connected online that I have to go to the store and just flick through the all the content in order to find the one I want, unless there is something I'm missing...?

The my DLC option when offline is much better as its not cluttered with all the stuff I dont want to buy

rhino4evr

Ranger X said:
I think the current MM picks are LBP1 levels.
No. I filtered those out. Everything i played was LBP2 and it was obvious. I also think the LBP.me website is genius. Now i can read about levels and set them up away from home, so when I play I don't even need to search for what to play.

GENIUS.

Now understand when LBp1 came out I said it was the most important game of the generation...LBP2 basically makes the first game seem like Childs play. Shit is real on the PS3. Can't believe Last Guardian and Uncharted 3 are going to compete with this for GOTY.

Filldough

Snuggler said:
I've tried making my own cars but they hardly even look like cars, they're like an insane person's warped interpretation of a car.

can't wait to get the f out of work and back to this lovely game

Please make your insane person's cars. I can't wait to get the fuck outta here either. Played through about half the story and decided to get through close to half the create tutorials last night. So much goodness....

Teknoman

Filldough said:
Please make your insane person's cars. I can't wait to get the fuck outta here either. Played through about half the story and decided to get through close to half the create tutorials last night. So much goodness....

I kinda second that. Its nice to be able to use other people's creations, but your own stuff might give the level a style all its own.

EDIT: Lol real people's faces are popping up in the screen section for Rookie Test.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Stantron said:

Wow, didn't know that, that's very convenient!

I haven't messed all that much with the editor yet (I've done all the tutorials though), but now that I'm "done" with story mode (as in "completed every level, but still have a lot left to do") I'm gonna dive in for real!

get2sammyb said:
Level recommendation for you all. Omicron. Queue it up it's cool: http://lbp.me/v/w-2gxv

Thanks, gonna play it later.

I freaking LOVE lbp.me, and especially the queueing. So ridiculously convenient!

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
I have a painfully stupid question about level generation:

I've gone through all the tutorials for level making short of the really advanced logic stuff, and I can't find any way to stick materials to the back of the level. Gluing taught me how to stick materials to other materials, and bolts provide joints that let two objects freely rotate around a pivot. But what I really need is the ability to have a material I've spawned not invoke the physics engine. I.E., a floating platform that isn't supported by anything that won't fall to the ground as soon as the game is actually in play mode. I've played through all the earlier tutorials twice and I'm sort of at a loss - is this possible, or did I just completely miss it?

newsguy

I'm still on the fence about this one. I enjoyed SP in the original, but it didn't necessarily hold my attention as long as it should have.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The widgets on lbp.me are pretty cool. An easy way to put auto-updating lists of levels on a website, or to make links to lbp.me pages interactive (by making info about the level/user pop up when you hover them).

I threw together a quick example of it looks and works here (you need to have JavaScript enabled for it to work).

Madman said:
Campster- Attach a anti gravity tweaker to the object and turn dampening up to 100%.

...or attach the object to a piece of dark matter. Dark matter is immovable - it sits fixed where you put it, even in mid-air - and indestructible.

After spending 5 hours in create mode i have accomplished next to nothing towards the level i want to make. and Eve's Asylum is my favorite world so far.

Madman

RoadHazard said:
...or attach the object to a piece of dark matter. Dark matter is immovable - it sits fixed where you put it, even in mid-air - and indestructible.
That's the old way of doing it, the tweaker isn't as cumbersome.

Just saw that one gaffer in my fl is already playing it.

The PSN presence data of LBP2 said "LittleBigPlanet 2 (UK)" followed by the current level etc.

What does the "(UK)" mean? Are there different PAL game discs (IDs) this time? That may be a slight problem for me as I ordered the the UK CE and want to redeem the code with my non-UK PAL account (avatars) as well as buying DLC with that account.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I've never played the first one (well, I tried the demo), but this game is fun. I bought it because I was tired of playing on the same old maps in L4D2 and thought that in this game I won't ever run out of new levels.

by the way, I'm in pal region, so I guess my retailer broke the street date.

Another busted PSN release. This is a great game, but anytime I've tried to play an online PS3 game near launch there's always issues. Another frustration I've had playing through the campaign is that the hook shot doesn't feel right with the ability to change length and direction with the same joystick. I wish it felt more like swinging on sponges--easy to get momentum. Also, the three planes stuff is still frustrating.

Top Bottom