• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just got my first infinite loading loop. Is it safe to exit the game when this happens (it says you shouldn't)? Man, there really needs to be a way to just cancel out of that crap.

EDIT: Ok, I got through it. Guess the others kicked me out or something.

iratA

Ok really not happy with LBP 2 so far. Basically I've got some sort of wierd glitch going on.

This is what I did:
I loaded up the game played the first 3 levels or so no problems. The game recognised me as a returning player from LBP 1. Nice! Quit the game from the pod using the home button. Used my collectors edtion code to download the extra content and then booted the game back up.

This is what happened:
The game booted up and goes to my pod. Problem is my pod is all 'wierd'?! Its like the main planet that you click on to do story levels etc. is really, really large and actually inside my pod. I can't even see my sackboy in my pod, unless I move him all the way to the right of the pod. I can get my pop-it menu up and so I tried resetting my pod decorations but nothing happens. I can see the writing 'use pod computer' pop up if I move him behind the planet but I can't select it. Basically I'm stuck in limbo.

Arghhhhh help me GAF.

iratA said:
Ok really not happy with LBP 2 so far. Basically I've got some sort of wierd glitch going on.

This is what I did:
I loaded up the game played the first 3 levels or so no problems. The game recognised me as a returning player from LBP 1. Nice! Quit the game from the pod using the home button. Used my collectors edtion code to download the extra content and then booted the game back up.

This is what happened:
The game booted up and goes to my pod. Problem is my pod is all 'wierd'?! Its like the main planet that you click on to do story levels etc. is really, really large and actually inside my pod. I can't even see my sackboy in my pod, unless I move him all the way to the right of the pod. I can get my pop-it menu up and so I tried resetting my pod decorations but nothing happens. I can see the writing 'use pod computer' pop up if I move him behind the planet but I can't select it. Basically I'm stuck in limbo.

Arghhhhh help me GAF.

missed the 3+ post up? LOL

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
They have GOT to release a patch to fix this bug, plus the infinite loading screen. I remember LBP kicks you back to your own pod if the level doesn't load after a while or if you can't join someone (even after the loading screen appears on the screen) why didn't they do something similar for LBP2?

Picked it up last night. Gotta say, I went into it a non believer, but the Theatrics tutorial won me over hard - just like the first game did.

I just don't think there's anything more adorable than waving Sackboy's arms around with that big goofy smile.

jayb

How do I use the controlinator to move an object with 100% momentum only up/down and left/right, with no movement at a diagonal angle?

I tried using the controlinator + advanced mover to move an object. But for example with 100% momentum, if I start moving the object left and then press down, the object starts moving down-left at a diagonal angle instead of just straight down.

I then tried using the controlinator + simple mover (not sure if that's the correct name), but the object would only move to the right, no matter what direction I pressed.

I only want the object to move in right angles with a tap of the d-pad, and without losing momentum. Any suggestions?

Can we make rainfall yet? I really want to do a Silent Hill: Downpour level, I was messing around with the water, lighting and fog last night and it just hit me as something that would make for a cool level, especially since the game isn't out yet.

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:
Can we make rainfall yet? I really want to do a Silent Hill: Downpour level, I was messing around with the water, lighting and fog last night and it just hit me as something that would make for a cool level, especially since the game isn't out yet.

I think we can sorta make rain with an emitter+the water drops object. The rain will probably look like small circles of water though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jayb said:
How do I use the controlinator to move an object with 100% momentum only up/down and left/right, with no movement at a diagonal angle?

I tried using the controlinator + advanced mover to move an object. But for example with 100% momentum, if I start moving the object left and then press down, the object starts moving down-left at a diagonal angle instead of just straight down.

I then tried using the controlinator + simple mover (not sure if that's the correct name), but the object would only move to the right, no matter what direction I pressed.

I only want the object to move in right angles. Any suggestions?

Try applying a follow mover to it and tweak the strength. I've noticed when such a mover is applied, it sort of cancels inertia.

Also try using TWO advanced movers. One connected to up/down. And the other one to left/right. Advanced movers also have a on/off input, so perhaps u can try connecting the left/right stick input to the on/off input of Advanced mover the up/down input is connected to.

Or either, you could connect them to the D-Pad instead of the stick.

Teknoman said:
I think we can sorta make rain with an emitter+the water drops object. The rain will probably look like small circles of water though.

Hm. Wonder if they'll add stuff along down the line like they did with the water. I just think that fundamental weather effects should have been a no-brainer.

Ranger X

brandonh83 said:
Hm. Wonder if they'll add stuff along down the line like they did with the water. I just think that fundamental weather effects should have been a no-brainer.

There's a step towards this as there will be (or maybe there is already) filters for your levels. I suppose weather effects might be a potential effect down the line --- and you can be sure Media Molecule will add plenty of things to this game if LBP is of any indication.

Ranger X said:
There's a step towards this as there will be (or maybe there is already) filters for your levels. I suppose weather effects might be a potential effect down the line --- and you can be sure Media Molecule will add plenty of things to this game if LBP is of any indication.

Indeed, but it just makes me want to hold off on actually putting a lot of time into level creation. I suppose I could still mess around with it a lot for practice and make little stuff for shits and giggles.

Ranger X

brandonh83 said:
Indeed, but it just makes me want to hold off on actually putting a lot of time into level creation. I suppose I could still mess around with it a lot for practice and make little stuff for shits and giggles.

You should really work with what you have. lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Temporary solution for infinite loading bug: Turn controller off, leave it off for a few seconds, and turn it back on. This should kick you back to your pod (just tried, worked for me). But they really need to fix this, feels like every other online game (when you're not hosting) is ruined by this bug.

Has anyone else noticed a bug in the lighting? It doesn't always happen, but in some user-created leves (mostly top-down ones, I believe) you can see lighting/shadows being applied at the edges of the screen.

mclem

Just one sleep to go here in the UK! Hopefully by the time I get hold of it, the really good levels will have started appearing :)

One thing which crossed my mind: I'm mildly surprised that there's no real acknowledgement of the PSP version here. Gran Turismo-esque clothing imports or - at the very least - opening up the PSP levels to LBP 2 would make a lot of sense to me. Okay, they'd look a bit crappy, but I'm open-minded, really!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
mclem said:
Just one sleep to go here in the UK! Hopefully by the time I get hold of it, the really good levels will have started appearing :)

One thing which crossed my mind: I'm mildly surprised that there's no real acknowledgement of the PSP version here. Gran Turismo-esque clothing imports or - at the very least - opening up the PSP levels to LBP 2 would make a lot of sense to me. Okay, they'd look a bit crappy, but I'm open-minded, really!
I'm looking forward to it too, will be walking to the store for opening! Game said the delivery of CE editions is based on pre-orders, I ordered mine on Tuesday so I hope it's ready.

...UK-Gaf PSN friends? :)

Madman

jayb said:

I only want the object to move in right angles with a tap of the d-pad, and without losing momentum. Any suggestions?
Ok, I think I know what you need. You're gonna need 2 direction splitters and 4 movers. Each mover will need to have individual settings so that one will go up, one will go down, one left and one right. Then hook up the d-pad's left/right and up/down outputs into the two direction splitters. Finally, hook each of the 4 outputs from the direction splitter to the appropriate mover. This should give you strict up/down/left/right movement.

ChryZ said:
Got my US collector's edition in record time to Yurop. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

BSXrP.jpg

enjoy.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It sad to see how slow this thread is moving compared to the lbp1 thread. I have not picked up lbp2 yet , but I am sure I will.

I guess its always hard to garner the same amount of support for a follow up game when the concept has already been put out there for the masses.

Goddam that was nuts! About to get a flight back to LA after doing the Guinness Book of World Records marathon. Tired as he'll, partied hard with Mm, Sony, and the rest of the crew and forgot most of what happened and lost my iPhone! Good times regardless and thanks to y'all who were watching. And big ups to Jaeyden and Luge as they were with me as well. ^^

Kinda tempted to play when I get back, lol. I'll also post the swag they gave me as well. DM, did you get the Sackboy I sent yet?

jayb

TTP said:
Try applying a follow mover to it and tweak the strength. I've noticed when such a mover is applied, it sort of cancels inertia.

Also try using TWO advanced movers. One connected to up/down. And the other one to left/right. Advanced movers also have a on/off input, so perhaps u can try connecting the left/right stick input to the on/off input of Advanced mover the up/down input is connected to.

Madman said:
Ok, I think I know what you need. You're gonna need 2 direction splitters and 4 movers. Each mover will need to have individual settings so that one will go up, one will go down, one left and one right. Then hook up the d-pad's left/right and up/down outputs into the two direction splitters. Finally, hook each of the 4 outputs from the direction splitter to the appropriate mover. This should give you strict up/down/left/right movement.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll try these out tonight.

donkey show said:
Goddam that was nuts! About to get a flight back to LA after doing the Guinness Book of World Records marathon. Tired as he'll, partied hard with Mm, Sony, and the rest of the crew and forgot most of what happened and lost my iPhone! Good times regardless and thanks to y'all who were watching. And big ups to Jaeyden and Luge as they were with me as well. ^^

Kinda tempted to play when I get back, lol. I'll also post the swag they gave me as well. DM, did you get the Sackboy I sent yet?
yep. got it in the mail the same day the game came out. <3 I have a picture of it. just never got around to upload! Thanks again! Oh and get some sleep on the plane! you need it! xD

rhino4evr

donkey show said:

Time to start making levels!!!

Anyway Congrats on being in the world records!!

spats

donkey show said:

Congrats donkey! You did good. :p

for those that are in creating mode. For Multiplayer games either player can be off screen without the countdown to start - is that only in Versus type games? or can it be allowed in Cooperative as well?

donkey show said:

Super Congrats!! It was awesome seeing you and Jaeyden and Luge all 3 days at the event, cheering you guys on and occasionally getting to play too. Fun times, good times. :D

I just finished watching a video that has completely convinced me to pick this up. For some reason I passed on the first game even though my interest was high. A quick question, if I don't import items and whatnot from the first game will I be left with limited options for level creation?

rhino4evr said:
Time to start making levels!!!

Anyway Congrats on being in the world records!!
Hahaha, technically that's the goal! At the 35th hour or something like that, we tried to make a Kevin Butler level where he throws fireballs or something nuts. It took me an hour to figure out the fireball logic when it only should've taken 5 because my mind was pure mush, lol. But Jaeyden and I will collab on so
something cool in the future for sure. :3

But thanks a bunch everyone! Like I said before, none of this would've been possible if it weren't for you guys in the community. Many, many, many thanks!

And that's good to hear DM! Glad you like it! I will definitely get mad sleep on the plane.

Hope I didn't look too much like a tool on the stream, lol.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Super Congrats!! It was awesome seeing you and Jaeyden and Luge all 3 days at the event, cheering you guys on and occasionally getting to play too. Fun times, good times. :D
Same here man! Definitely good meeting you and everyone else from the community who showed up!

Vaux

RoadHazard said:
Temporary solution for infinite loading bug: Turn controller off, leave it off for a few seconds, and turn it back on. This should kick you back to your pod (just tried, worked for me). But they really need to fix this, feels like every other online game (when you're not hosting) is ruined by this bug.
this way seems better than what i usually do, sign out than sign back in which usually gets me back to my pod. it sucks not being able to get a solid connection with other people, i guess i wont be able to get 100% collectibles until m.m. fixes the infinite loop problem.

Felix Lighter said:
I just finished watching a video that has completely convinced me to pick this up. For some reason I passed on the first game even though my interest was high. A quick question, if I don't import items and whatnot from the first game will I be left with limited options for level creation?
The stuff that is imported from LBP1 are the stickers and costume items. All tools and whatnot are in LBP2. So if you want stickers from LBP1 and the costumes then maybe. Other than that LBP2 stands on its own.

DMPrince said:
The stuff that is imported from LBP1 are the stickers and costume items. All tools and whatnot are in LBP2. So if you want stickers from LBP1 and the costumes then maybe. Other than that LBp2 stands on its own.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Ferrio

Banned
You know for a game that's marketed as a game suppose to be played with others, you think they'd of ironed out the god damn online portion. So far it's my only complaint, but a big one. Also why even try to match me up with someone who has denied people joining? I love trying to join someone and continually getting the same damn person but they're set to disallow people joining.

Top Bottom