• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Madman said:
That's the old way of doing it, the tweaker isn't as cumbersome.

Sure, I was just giving an alternative.

SolidusDave said:
What does the "(UK)" mean? Are there different PAL game discs (IDs) this time?

Seems like it. My disc (Swedish copy) says "LittleBigPlanet 2 (EU)" when selected on the XMB. This may mean that you need to get DLC meant for your specific disc.

subversus said:
by the way, I'm in pal region, so I guess my retailer broke the street date.

The EU release date was Jan 19th, only the UK has to wait until the 21st. So if you're in any other European country, no street date has been broken (in this case).

Ranger X

Campster said:
I have a painfully stupid question about level generation:

I've gone through all the tutorials for level making short of the really advanced logic stuff, and I can't find any way to stick materials to the back of the level. Gluing taught me how to stick materials to other materials, and bolts provide joints that let two objects freely rotate around a pivot. But what I really need is the ability to have a material I've spawned not invoke the physics engine. I.E., a floating platform that isn't supported by anything that won't fall to the ground as soon as the game is actually in play mode. I've played through all the earlier tutorials twice and I'm sort of at a loss - is this possible, or did I just completely miss it?

You can also go the old school way: Have your platform on a fat layer and stick it into a smaller (therefore completely hidden) dark matter dot on the thin layer behind it.

Guys need some help here.

It warns me my connection is bad when I start up. I tried to let someone join my game and it turned into a clusterfuck.

I have Nat Type 3. Is that bad?

Also, when I re-set up my connection it said my router MAY NOT support IP Fragmentation, I have never heard of this. My router was $55 @ Target, why would it not support something like that?

I don't think I've had any other connection issues.

Also it says UPNP is disabled but I clearly see on my router that it's enabled. Any help?

Ranger X

demosthenes said:
Guys need some help here.

It warns me my connection is bad when I start up. I tried to let someone join my game and it turned into a clusterfuck.

I have Nat Type 3. Is that bad?

Also, when I re-set up my connection it said my router MAY NOT support IP Fragmentation, I have never heard of this. My router was $55 @ Target, why would it not support something like that?

I don't think I've had any other connection issues.

Yes, you need to be nat type 2.
To achieve this you might need to remove a firewall on your connection or router, open some ports the PS3 is using, etc.

Nat type 1 = you're plugged right into teh internettes.

Nat type 2 = you're behind a router but nothing is blocked.

Nat type 3 = you're behind a router and something is blocked.

Teknoman

I guess they completely changed the Negativitron from older videos/ the beta. Used to look like a huge vacuum cleaner...but I like it better this way :D

demosthenes said:
Doesn't explain the warning I get though :(

I recommend getting a newer router, I had one like that and it was a complete headache, never worked right. I even bought the same brand (d-link) that was like 50 bucks and works absolutely perfect with no configuration.

Thrakier

LBP(2) is great in any way except one. The gameplay. :( I played some user levels today and while I was excited because of the creativity and the ideas, I didn't actually have fun playing it. :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Thrakier said:
LBP(2) is great in any way except one. The gameplay. :( I played some user levels today and while I was excited because of the creativity and the ideas, I didn't actually have fun playing it. :/

Contrary to what one might believe reading GAF, not everyone is a great game designer :p

ijed

SolidusDave said:
Just saw that one gaffer in my fl is already playing it.

The PSN presence data of LBP2 said "LittleBigPlanet 2 (UK)" followed by the current level etc.

What does the "(UK)" mean? Are there different PAL game discs (IDs) this time? That may be a slight problem for me as I ordered the the UK CE and want to redeem the code with my non-UK PAL account (avatars) as well as buying DLC with that account.

(UK) or (EU)?

Australian version is BCES-00850/ANZ but put it in and it says LittleBigPlanet2 (EU) and also has vids in Spanish, German etc. Good news for Aussies importing the cheaper UK version as it means DLC from Aus shop is compatible.

Anyway loving it so far - only played first world then played with the music sequencer in Create mode.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Thrakier said:
I know. But MM are great game designers, are they? Or are they just great visual and tool designers?

You said user levels? You mean you didn't enjoy the story mode either?

demosthenes said:
Also it says UPNP is disabled but I clearly see on my router that it's enabled. Any help?
This could possibly be fixed with a router firmware update because there may be an incompatibility with the PS3's UPnP implementation. I can at least confirm this was the case with my own router (Netgear DG834G).

fix some of my lbp level that did look right in the new lighting not added new tool or anything.

:) about 50% in i think enjoying new Mm story mode alot

RoadHazard said:
Seems like it. My disc (Swedish copy) says "LittleBigPlanet 2 (EU)" when selected on the XMB. This may mean that you need to get DLC meant for your specific disc.

ijed said:
(UK) or (EU)?

Australian version is BCES-00850/ANZ but put it in and it says LittleBigPlanet2 (EU) and also has vids in Spanish, German etc. Good news for Aussies importing the cheaper UK version as it means DLC from Aus shop is compatible.

Anyway loving it so far - only played first world then played with the music sequencer in Create mode.

mhh. I mean, I know that Sony nowadays often makes UK specific versions to reduce mainland-EU importing from the UK. E.g. the UK Heavy Rain disc only has the english sub&dub (even though they kept the language select screen...). But I hoped now that GT5 was one version for all EU/PAL, they wouldn't do this for certain games.

I only want the game in english anyway, but I hope the CE code won't require a UK account, ugh.

Just checked the Store for the LBP2 T-Shirt DLC though and it looks like the DLC should work among all PAL discs as they would mention a specific disc ID otherwise.

Very odd to put that info in the PSN presence data though Oo

Tower of Whoop sealed my love for this game. Extraordinary fun!!!

Also, I could have sworn I saw a Gaf logo on one of the levels as it was rotating those pics while in the "world view" or whatever you call it. What are those pics - PSN account pics from people in my friends list or in the leaderboards?

Grisby

Only thing I'm disliking is trying to join someones level, getting rejected :(, and then being thrown into the level anyways. Wish it would just stay at the menu or something.

Did get into a couple games though. The grapple hook is insane in Multi. Too many laughs.

Basketball is amazing, the best thing about LBP2's story mode. I had so much fun playing it with my neighbor. Of course I only one 3 times, but I had a blast regardless. It's so fun to pick up the other person, throw them to try to get the ball. It's very competitive, and I just love it. I hope people make community levels that are like this.

lastinline said:
Basketball is amazing, the best thing about LBP2's story mode. I had so much fun playing it with my neighbor. Of course I only one 3 times, but I had a blast regardless. It's so fun to pick up the other person, throw them to try to get the ball. It's very competitive, and I just love it. I hope people make community levels that are like this.

Patrick_Star_oh_noez_by_vinh291-1.jpg

Yeah i had a blast playing basketball. competitive yet still so very fun!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BigNastyCurve said:
Also, I could have sworn I saw a Gaf logo on one of the levels as it was rotating those pics while in the "world view" or whatever you call it. What are those pics - PSN account pics from people in my friends list or in the leaderboards?

If on the level zipper, it's the author's chosen sticker to show the level.

If on the earth, friends list. (unless it's in the polaroid, then it's the author/friend)

If in the level description, user action shots that are random/time-lined by last uploaded featuring the level newest first.

Ranger X said:
Yes, you need to be nat type 2.
To achieve this you might need to remove a firewall on your connection or router, open some ports the PS3 is using, etc.

Nat type 1 = you're plugged right into teh internettes.

Nat type 2 = you're behind a router but nothing is blocked.

Nat type 3 = you're behind a router and something is blocked.

Hmm, got to NAT 2 but it still warns me when I start. Also it says my router still doesn't do IP fragmentation.

Teknoman

BigNastyCurve said:
Tower of Whoop sealed my love for this game. Extraordinary fun!!!

Ha so it worked :)

Also lol Bee 2.0.

EDIT: BEE GRADIUS?!

Ranger X

demosthenes said:
Hmm, got to NAT 2 but it still warns me when I start. Also it says my router still doesn't do IP fragmentation.

Wierd. Like GT5, LBP2 only asks for your connection to be Nat Type 2.

ijed

SolidusDave said:
mhh. I mean, I know that Sony nowadays often makes UK specific versions to reduce mainland-EU importing from the UK. E.g. the UK Heavy Rain disc only has the english sub&dub (even though they kept the language select screen...).

k now I'm confused - Guess I'll have to try downloading Spacesuit from UK psn and see if it works on the EU version...

Mik2121

You guys can't imagine how jealous I'm now! :(

I need the US version of the game because I got the US version of LBP and tons of DLC, and I've ordered it from Play-Asia, which supposedly is sending it today.. and I've set the shipping to Fedex so I might be getting it tomorrow.. but seeing how some people around here has already even finished the SP mode... :(

BTW, are there many CREATE tutorials? I think I'm one of the very few that enjoyed them in LBP1 so I'd like to have a lot to practice on this one too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mik2121 said:
BTW, are there many CREATE tutorials? I think I'm one of the very few that enjoyed them in LBP1 so I'd like to have a lot to practice on this one too.

Oh yeah, there are a lot, seems to be even more than LBP1 with the new create tools. It's nice that you don't have to follow the exact lesson to clear the tutorial, you can leave at any time and still get the items.

Mik2121 said:
You guys can't imagine how jealous I'm now! :(

I need the US version of the game because I got the US version of LBP and tons of DLC, and I've ordered it from Play-Asia, which supposedly is sending it today.. and I've set the shipping to Fedex so I might be getting it tomorrow.. but seeing how some people around here has already even finished the SP mode... :(

52 tutorials in all. recapping what you learned in LBP1 (but done differently) and LBP2 tutorials for new stuff.

Kinda OT:

Running through LBP1 to re-get clothing. I wanted to know if anyone had a visable chart of all of the clothing in LBP1 and how to get them? I'm totally gonna skip what I don't want but My OCD has made me go this far might as well do it right.

Moral of the story....back you shit up kids.

Top Bottom