• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Is there any way to add previously downloaded costumes to the 'My Costumes' section of the Pop-it? All the ones I downloaded from the CE are there, and a select other few, but not all the ones I have.

Also, the trophy image for 'Journalistic' is amazing.

TripOpt55

Blu_LED said:
Is there any way to add previously downloaded costumes to the 'My Costumes' section of the Pop-it? All the ones I downloaded from the CE are there, and a select other few, but not all the ones I have.
For stuff like Nariko and Wander, I just put them on my Sackboy and saved them as a costume. I think they appear in the section above the other costumes this way though. I think some of the older costumes don't pop up as costumes automatically like some of the newer ones do. Not sure if there is a better way to do it then I mentioned though.

Seriously, whomever created world 3 really failed bad. It's so terrible it's like it's from a different game. Levels that are too long, split into unnecessary sections and full of nothing but trial and error puzzle. I just want to put the game away for a week after playing through that awful mess.

DMPrince said:
Patrick_Star_oh_noez_by_vinh291-1.jpg

Yeah i had a blast playing basketball. competitive yet still so very fun!
Oh gosh. xD I'll never typo ever again.

I played a bit today already, but I think I'm going to play some more tonight. The game is calling my name.

BobTheFork said:
Seriously, whomever created world 3 really failed bad. It's so terrible it's like it's from a different game. Levels that are too long, split into unnecessary sections and full of nothing but trial and error puzzle. I just want to put the game away for a week after playing through that awful mess.

Wow. I absolutely loved those levels. Guiding the little bots around like Pikmin.

Online play is so sadly broken though. Trying to play with friends is bound to just get you stuck in some looping loading screen until you have to have them kick you out of the game or you quit the game yourself. Needs fixed fast.

BobTheFork said:
i disliked the boss.

Mik2121

Damn Play-Asia still "Preparing order".

Also, yesterday their site said that LBP2 US would be available on the 21st (today in HK, where PlayAsia is) and now their site says it's "Not yet published or released". Hopefully that's because they got it and are sending all the orders, and will update after everything is done...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
RobertM said:
Fuck, the jumping is just as bad as the first one. Sometimes I press X and it just doesn't want to jump, I hate this.

That's one thing that actually needed to be improved that they forgot to touch on... this can be very frustrating.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I finished the campaign and I have no desire to back to lbp2.. but I really want to!, its so fucking weird!. maybe I don't have the attention span for this game.

Madman

RobertM said:
Fuck, the jumping is just as bad as the first one. Sometimes I press X and it just doesn't want to jump, I hate this.
You're pressing and holding X right? The controls are pretty much like 1, except for user levels.

Ranger X

RobertM said:

And when is that? 'cause every time I press X my sackboy does jump.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Madman said:
You're pressing and holding X right? The controls are pretty much like 1, except for user levels.

I had a question about the user levels... I kept reading on here something about being able to change how the sackboy controlled, how much can this tweaked? Can you change it to feel like say old school side scrollers?

msdstc said:
I had a question about the user levels... I kept reading on here something about being able to change how the sackboy controlled, how much can this tweaked? Can you change it to feel like say old school side scrollers?
remember that creator changes the gravity. users can't when they play a level.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Anyone else completely fucked by Gamestop? Pre-ordered it only from them months in advance, they charged my CC last Friday, and still no sign of the damn game.

Madman

msdstc said:
Your question has already been answered better than I could ever answer with that video, but yes, there is a lot that can be done to tweak Sackbots especially with jumping.

r1chard

Ranger X said:
It's hilarious how the guy finds this easy to make and he lost me completely within the first 2 mins. It looks SUPER COMPLICATED to make and I don't understand jack shit of what he's making. I must be dumb. :(
His approach to explaining it is pretty poor. I imagine there'll be wikis with tutorials on this kinda thing popping up soon :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ranger X said:
And when is that? 'cause every time I press X my sackboy does jump.

It's when you're next to a wall/platform/whatever and try to jump and get stuck and barely jump at all. You need to jump a lot earlier than usual, and it still requires fiddling around at times. I've also randomly died a handful of times by getting "crushed" by nothing when that happens.

Teknoman

So far, it seems like you dont unlock any extra instruments for the sequencer. Tons of int,normal, and cinematic tracks though.

ijed

r1chard said:

MrFoofles is God

Ranger X said:
It's hilarious how the guy finds this easy to make and he lost me completely within the first 2 mins.

Play around with the sackbots and controlinator for a bit and might make more sense.

Once you work out how you want your sackbot to control you can figure the logic needed for each 'state' and how it should respond - Simple huh? ;P

How he did that Wolfenstein raycaster tho - nfi...

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
The game itself is in a standard PS3 case next to the bonus stuff.
Gracias, that's what I was wondering.

Of course, no Best Buys near me are showing stock, and I was hoping to grab a copy on their current B2G1 deal. :(

Teknoman

Well after spending alot of time with the music sequencer...I think im going to just stick to the stage/bot/movie creation aspects. Probably my fault, since im mostly trying to recreate tracks from various 16bit games. Its most likely possible to do so...I just cant get things not to sound...tinny?

On the bright side, all creation tools are alot easier to use, so great stages should surface alot faster.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just about to Ace the final level I have left, barring this level taking forever, this was much easier than the first one in terms of acing (especially the bunker)

Haven't aced a single level yet since i played through on coop, but yea nothing in the game struck me as hard compared to some of the stuff in lbp(bunker). many of the stuff is more awesome though.

ok, I'm over some of my World 3 hatred, but I stand by what I said. It feels like it was created for trial and error and I hate that. It's full of traps and set-ups that seem designed to kill you once, and never become a problem again.

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG

2011janpickup03.jpg

2011janpickup04.jpg

2011janpickup08.jpg

There's also a pretty sweet backpack with a neat little Sackboy keychain I got, but didn't take pics of. All in all, it was kinda worth staying up 50+ hours for, lol.

Madman

donkey show said:
Back home and somewhat settled in now. Dunno whether or not to turn the PS3 on and slip the game in, lol.
You're probably going to be having dreams about it anyways so why not? :p

Top Bottom