• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Ranger X

Papercuts said:
It's when you're next to a wall/platform/whatever and try to jump and get stuck and barely jump at all. You need to jump a lot earlier than usual, and it still requires fiddling around at times. I've also randomly died a handful of times by getting "crushed" by nothing when that happens.

I think what happen is that you push on the wall/obstacle while jumping therefore the friction of your sackboy on the object is reducing his jumping momentum. Remember that Sackboy and its control is physics based. If you stand still and then jump, without touching nothing, you will jump higher because you have no friction with obstacles and the less horizontal momentum as possible. The difference in height between a straight jump and a jump with a curve is minimal but it can indeed make the difference between succeeding and missing jump once in a while. Here again, bonjour physic based games! It's harder to grasp that the "baked physics" controls we have in platformers since the dawn of time.

Edgeward

Got it today, loving it. Grappling is a bit wonky but it's only highlighted when they want you to swing high enough to grab a bubble. And some of the co-op sections in the story parts are pretty brilliant stuff.

Would love to get some gaf peeps to join in on the story levels, even if I'll never ace a level that way. It's been much more fun playing it with people even with randoms.

PSN Id is in my profile. =)

Ranger X

Oh and just saying, I finished the first 2 worlds in the game tonight and this is SO GOOD!!

Seriously, the current gen is the best platforming generation ever!! Shit, it's unbelievable.

Mik2121

Oh crap.. I won't get LBP2 until Monday at ~6PM :( (it's Friday 5PM here now). The wait is going to kill me :( :(

Hopefully the next 72 hours pass by fast enough..

BeeDog

Does anyone know if the EU discs contain English VA (by changing the system settings or anything)? I fucking hate the Swedish translation.

RelentlessRolento said:
i feel stupid but for the sequencer how do you stretch a single instrument on the sequencer... i forget >_<
When selected, tap either up or down on the left analog stick to increase or decrease the size.

Hanmik

BeeDog said:
Does anyone know if the EU discs contain English VA (by changing the system settings or anything)? I fucking hate the Swedish translation.

just set your PS3 to English.. I bought the Danish (EU) version yesterday.. and I always have my PS3 set to English, so the game is in English..

and btw.. t h i s GAME R O C K S..!

TripOpt55

I finished the story mode. I liked it a lot. Going to try and play some more co-op and community level type stuff tomorrow. I played a bit of them, but not a lot.

this is so bad no one mentioned it again.
6tN1f.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/20/littlebigprius-contest-puts-you-in-the-drivers-seat/

Contest
Use the items you find in the Prius themed level. Create whatever your creative mind wants as long as you use the items provided
Win prizes.

How to Enter
Collect item from LittleBigPrius Level. Use Items and whatever else you want. Label your level "Prius_(Level name here)".

Judging
When the contest officially begins, publish your level online so that members of the LBP community will have a chance to play and comment upon it. Most importantly, they’ll be able to “heart” it if they really like it. When the contest ends, the ten highest-ranked levels, as chosen by the community, will be selected as our finalists.

From these finalists, SCEA will choose one Grand Prize winner and four First Prize winners on the basis of originality, quality/polish, Toyota Prius brand awareness, and use of the items obtained from our LittleBigPrius level.

1 Grand Prize
46" Sony Bravia 3D HDTV
Playstation Move Hardware Bundle + Ps3 System
Playstation Eye Camera
Playstation Move Controller
Sports Champion Game

4 First Place Prize
Playstation Move Sports Champion Bundle which includes the game, Playstation Eye Camera and Move Controller.

Blog will make an announcement post about contest dates and when the level will go live (Expect early february).

So right now think of ideas and make an original polished game!

For those who've played around a lot in create, are the physical level sizes any bigger? It was annoying building rockets and stuff only to hit the roof in a couple of seconds.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Hooray! Just came home from Game with my CE. I'll start soon on PSN as ChekhovsGun so if you need a tagalong or an extra sackboy in create mode just send an invite or PM.

"The user count is actually quite crazy - we've already massively outstripped our LBP1 record for total users online at once. And that's just with North America and a few other territories.

"I think some people [at Sony] would be waving certain things at me if I gave the actual numbers, but it's significantly higher.

"In the next few days we might even double the number of users online at once," he added. "Perhaps - let's see how it goes.

"That's pretty major. It's not a stealth launch: there's a lot of people out there that seem to be waiting for it."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-21-littlebigplanet-2-trounces-lbp-records

Gav

Just been and picked up my copy from GAME...

...And now i cant play it till tomorrow. I can wait... i think.

hylje

Bought my copy yesterday. Was bit of a pain to get any community game going on. It was endless loading screen every 10-15 seconds. Also there is something glitchy on the voice what I experienced with friend. He could not hear me properly but it's not hardware issue since the voice chat between us works in XMB voice chat.

For my surprise I spend lot more in first gaming session on this than I expected. Just fantastic and I even dusted out my LBP original to have it a go once again. Community integration is so much better now on LBP2. And so much more enjoyable to search player made levels.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The only 2 issues that are major (there are plenty of minor ones too) are the mics being WAY TOO SENSITIVE. I mean, it picks up everything in the background. There has got to be a similar config like DCU where you can set the volume, sensitivity, and override. Second is the obvious online. If you are the host, you are fine. BUT your party is the one who usually is out of sync in loading and what not. There are times when you wait the normal time and all load but those are always outweighed by the times when you are waiting for your friends. The rety trick usually fixes and that or if you sit at the beginning of a level and not skip the text you are usually fine in a minute or 2.

Even with those 2 flaws, this game is much, much more enjoyable than LBP1. The new mechanics have allowed for a much more rich experience. There were early network flaws in the first game too so this is quite expected. Especially after reading the higher user count than even MM expected.

Anyways, here's hoping for a patch that addresses some of the issues.

Stampy

rhino4evr said:
The game has only been put a few days and I'm already impressed with the community levels. All the MM picks are awesome...especially the panda hunt.

Also got some great 4 player co op levels in with almost no lag whatso ever. I'm impressed

It seems to me that for some of those MM picks certain creators had access to the game earlier in order to have representative community levels already published at the time when the game comes out. Which can be viewed both in a negative or positive light, depending on how you approach it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gillFTR said:
whens MM gonna fix the fact that mics practically dont work in this game.

First they need to fix the online, so I can get the women, and then the levels.

Screw the mics for now. Not being able to play with others unless one of us is in loading hell is why I haven't played the game since Wednesday. :|

It seems to me that for some of those MM picks certain creators had access to the game earlier in order to have representative community levels already published at the time when the game comes out. Which can be viewed both in a negative or positive light, depending on how you approach it.

Uh, you and the others do know all the MM picks besides two (unless they added more) are from LBP1, right? RIGHT? It's why there is so many, they started to add the LBP1 levels after patching in queue and MM Picks to the search section of LBP1 months ago.

DodgerSan

TheSeks said:

Screw the mics for now. Not being able to play with others unless one of us is in loading hell is why I haven't played the game since Wednesday. :|

Uh, you and the others do know all the MM picks besides two (unless they added more) are from LBP1, right? RIGHT? It's why there is so many, they started to add the LBP1 levels after patching in queue and MM Picks to the search section of LBP1 months ago.
No, there are definitely LBP2 levels in there. Omicron, Venice is sinking and blast radius right off the top of my head. But the vast majority are from 1, you're right.

mclem

Got the game now, about halfway through the Hideout, and rather enjoying it. Thanks to the advance warnings I was seeing here, I was prepared for the grappling hook and haven't had *too* much difficulty with it as a result, although I agree that it could be more intuitive.

I'm still periodically working through LBP1 levels from the Community Showcase. Given the talk of small compatability issues, should I play it safe and stick to LBP1 for those playthroughs? Or are they not that bad, all things considered?

r4z4

Man I suck at using the grapple hook when swinging :( I'm OK when I have a lot of time, but when I'm rushed I keep shortening the length of it as I'm swinging and end up loosing all my momentum. Any tips?

TheSeks said:

oh that's why you never played anymore lulz. and yes. online really sucks at least in LBP1 we could connect and lag. this one doesn't even work.

Hanmik

is there a sticker guide out this fast..? Have only played all the levels in the first World, but I am having problems finding some of the Stickers allready..

Thrakier

Somehow I just thought that LBP has a lot in common with GTA regarding the gameplay. Just that the content of the city is made by users.

mclem

Well, that was weird. I just got the Scoreboard 5% pin while sitting in the pod. I *think* what happened is that I got in the top 6%ish on one level (likely to be the hedge jumping one), and at some point as time went on more people played this and did worse than me so put me into the top 5%.

Still made me do a bit of a double-take, though!

denomes

This might of been answered already, sorry if so:

When you import your stuff from the first game, are your hearted levels included?

Gonna pick this up tonight probably, I can't deny the hype.

denomes said:
This might of been answered already, sorry if so:

When you import your stuff from the first game, are your hearted levels included?

Gonna pick this up tonight probably, I can't deny the hype.

I did the import, but could not find my hearted levels from LBP1. Maybe I'm missing something but I feel like I checked everywhere.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Man, the tower defense level is awesome.

http://i4.lbp.me/img/ft/9b4e4430692fbd1e113137886cca379d2b39c33b.jpg[img]

[img]http://i0.lbp.me/img/ft/58076040072462a29dbb0f1dbd2765ea21ae07c3.jpg[img]

Add it to your queue by following the link provided.[/QUOTE]
Are things like this one by setting the gravity to 0 so that the world is basically vertical, or is there a real top-down view?

Just got into the create, the controllinator alone is crazy awesome.

mclem

BarrenMind said:
I did the import, but could not find my hearted levels from LBP1. Maybe I'm missing something but I feel like I checked everywhere.

They're there. Or at least, mine are. In fact, that includes The Bunker. Obviously, I don't have much success when trying to get in to that one!

Community/More/Hearted Levels does the trick.

CozMick

Banned
Fan-Fucking-Tastic, I received my Jak and Daxter code in an email from Play.com but still haven't received the fucking game :(

fuck, fuck, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Guevara

Damn the music is awesome, even better than LBP. Ending was tougher than I expected but I got through it on the 4th or 5th try. Anyone else save this game for coop? It just is more fun with a friend.

I confess I've never tried even one user created level in LBP or LBP2 :0

AndyD

aka andydumi
Almost finished with the third world. My wife and I were grinning like kids at the sackbots. This game is fantastic. Easily the most enjoyable game I have played in the last few years.

Played one level with Kitton last night before I had to go. Butter smooth.

Top Bottom