• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

AndyD

aka andydumi
mr_boo said:
Silly Question: Can you play local multiplayer in this game with each local player with a saved identity.

Yes. When you connect a second/third controller it asks which account on the PS3 you want to use or a guest account. My wife has her own costumes and everything she uses on her own account.

And you can boot players if you are leader by pressing start then player management. You can see who is invited and following who.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Mechanical Snowman said:
Are things like this one by setting the gravity to 0 so that the world is basically vertical, or is there a real top-down view?
I would like to know this too. I feel like the camera trickery has me acting like a slackjaw yokel. Granted, I haven't even taken a look at Create yet.

StuBurns said:
Can you get rid of people if you let them in?
You should be able to kick in the start menu. I believe it's on the right next to settings on the bottom of the pause screen.

And I tried playing last night. My body couldn't handle a minute of playing, lol.

StuBurns

Banned
donkey show said:
You should be able to kick in the start menu. I believe it's on the right next to settings on the bottom of the pause screen.

And I tried playing last night. My body couldn't handle a minute of playing, lol.
Thanks, I just turned it off before. Two kids came in the and the headsets were crazy loud.

Corto

Just got my CE. Here in Portugal Sony is having a launch promo of 20€ rebate until 31st. of January. Hope that will boost the sales. Just finished 3 levels and I'm glad that the online seems way better than the first (for me at least, reading this page seems that's not the case to others). Had a co-op online level that had 0 lag or disconnects. Let's hope this stays stable. See you guys in LBP!

And congrats Donkey Show for the record! hehehehe Great shwag you got there. A Kevin Buttler signed poster?! wow ;)

Thanks liquidmetal for that level! Great looking one...Will try it.

Corto said:
And congrats Donkey Show for the record! hehehehe Great shwag you got there. A Kevin Buttler signed poster?!
Thanks man! Indeed, the KB poster is such an awesome icing on the cake. I think all the signed stuff we did during the afterparty is my face though. Good times indeed!

Piggus

I haven't made a level since the LBP1 beta and decided to start one a couple days ago. MAJOR props to you level builders out there.. I'm trying to put a lot of effort in this time and it's been sooooooo time consuming. Thankfully it's going a bit quicker as I learn the tools better. I'm loving the logic tools. Hopefully people like it when it's finished. :)

mr_boo

AndyD said:
Yes. When you connect a second/third controller it asks which account on the PS3 you want to use or a guest account. My wife has her own costumes and everything she uses on her own account.

And you can boot players if you are leader by pressing start then player management. You can see who is invited and following who.
Thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear - I'm very interested in playing this now with my fiancee :)

Ferrio

Banned
I have yet to get a successful online game. Either I can' t connect, they can't connect, I keep getting the same jackass denying me (give me another person to connect to!), or I connect and get infinite loading.

Mudkips

Banned
AndyD said:

My friend didn't get that prompt when playing with me locally.
Guess I need to make a second PS3 account first?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mudkips said:
My friend didn't get that prompt when playing with me locally.
Guess I need to make a second PS3 account first?

Right.

If you dont have another account, it auto uses a "guest" account that is generic and does not save independently. They probably dont offer a "create account now" option because it takes a while.

If you have other accounts on the machine, it will ask and any progress and collected items are saved for both players.

Deadstar

So I think I found a fix for the infinite loading glitch. Yesterday I played with a friend online who had another sack with him as well. I asked to join his party and we played one level together. At the end of that level I got the glitch. We were still in voice chat so I told him to kick me from the group. He kicked me then invited me back to his group. After that the load glitch never happened again and we played five or so more levels. Hopefully this helps some people before MM puts out a fix for it.

In short:

1. Ask to join a friend's game.
2. If you get the glitch have him kick you and re-invite you to the party.

Deadstar said:
So I think I found a fix for the infinite loading glitch. Yesterday I played with a friend online who had another sack with him as well. I asked to join his party and we played one level together. At the end of that level I got the glitch. We were still in voice chat so I told him to kick me from the group. He kicked me then invited me back to his group. After that the load glitch never happened again and we played five or so more levels. Hopefully this helps some people before MM puts out a fix for it.

In short:

it sometimes work.

Deadstar

Yeah I've only tried it once yesterday and I never had any problems after that. On Tuesday I would have to quit to XMB before I realized my friend could just boot me from the party to stop the loading.

Ranger X

Mechanical Snowman said:
For those who've played around a lot in create, are the physical level sizes any bigger? It was annoying building rockets and stuff only to hit the roof in a couple of seconds.

Size seems about the same.
As for top view, there's no real top view. It's a camera + gravity setting + moves trick.

Stampy

donkey show said:

No wonder. First the detoxification phase and only then can you can indulge yourself with more poison.

TouchMyBox said:
So why did they release this game in a completely broken state?

Gamer of the lost withdrawn from its couch, let bug reporting be granted so the game might be mended.

So the game might be mended...

LegoDad

Deadstar said:

In short:

Try this instead.This always works.

Turn off your controller.
Leave it off until the game pops up asking you to turn it on. Turn it on, good to go. If it happens again right after you turn it on, wait 30 secs from the message popping up.

:) this is what im working on right now idk how long it going to take to make tying to do as much as I can.

867ef4fdf6f0d18a2b38035e86f4537c1bb307e5.jpg

User levels are getting GOOD. That tower defense level was awesome. Neon City has so much potential.

What I hate though are people ressubmitting old LBP1 levels as LBP2 levels, its screwing up the filter. Right now I want to play LBP2 levels, using LBP2 powerups and stuff and I still get a bunch of old LBP1 levels showing up.

Stampy

jump_button said:
:) this is what im working on right now idk how long it going to take to make tying to do as much as I can.

867ef4fdf6f0d18a2b38035e86f4537c1bb307e5.jpg

Is that an empty health bar?

BTW, this picture reminded me that maybe I should also jump to the party. So as an initiation process let me ask what are the best tutorials (video/text) for the 3D layer glitch?

jiggles

Banned
Is there no way to import anything I made in the beta into the main game? Do I really have to build everything from scratch again?

Ranger X

MiamiWesker said:
User levels are getting GOOD. That tower defense level was awesome. Neon City has so much potential.

What I hate though are people ressubmitting old LBP1 levels as LBP2 levels, its screwing up the filter. Right now I want to play LBP2 levels, using LBP2 powerups and stuff and I still get a bunch of old LBP1 levels showing up.

Well, all levels from LBP1 are showing up in LBP2. That's the way the game is designed --- to completely render LBP1 obsolete and letting you discover and enjoy LBP1 stuff even if you don't own it.

StuBurns

Banned
Finished world three, not as good as one or two, but still very enjoyable. It might be the most English product I've ever seen, I think there is a good chance people outside of Britain are missing a lot of little touches they've included.

I had a number of concerns after having played the game at an event then the recent demo, but playing it, they really didn't end up pertaining to the finished game. I saw two quite different paths I'd hope the game would take, either tighten up the whole experience, or build levels that are more in-keeping with the way the game plays, and I think they've done an amazing job at the latter. The levels are more fluid than last time, there's a great sense of locomotion, especially when using the grapple hook.

I've not come across any water yet, is there any? If not I'll buy the Pirates DLC I think.

Ranger X

StuBurns said:
LittleBigGaf, is there an easy way to see if the side levels are single player or not on the menu?

Competition/Multiplayer levels are having a red frame with a representation of 2 little Sackboys in it around the level's puck.

Ranger X said:
Well, all levels from LBP1 are showing up in LBP2. That's the way the game is designed --- to completely render LBP1 obsolete and letting you discover and enjoy LBP1 stuff even if you don't own it.

Yeah, but just taking your LBP1 level and republishing it as a LBP2 level with no changes so it avoids the LBP1/2 filter is a bit of a bitch move. It sucks for people trying to find stuff that actually takes advantage of the enhancements in LBP2. Leave the LBP1 stuff under the LBP1 filter :(

ThirstyFly said:
Damn. The Call of Duty part was crazy. I wonder if these are actually playable anywhere.
It was on the EU Playstation blog and all the levels seen there are community ones made by just 2 users.

Ranger X

ThirstyFly said:
Yeah, but just taking your LBP1 level and republishing it as a LBP2 level with no changes so it avoids the LBP1/2 filter is a bit of a bitch move. It sucks for people trying to find stuff that actually takes advantage of the enhancements in LBP2. Leave the LBP1 stuff under the LBP1 filter :(

Sure is cheap. But generally speaking, people are the cheapest creators around.
This was to be expected :(

AndyD

aka andydumi
ThirstyFly said:

The problem is that when you go into Moon, and look at an old LBP1 level you can add more info. For example you can now add your own labels. The second you change anything it republishes I think. So even if you never enter the level, I think simply by refining the description or anything with the new tools it republishes.

For example this is an old LBP1 level I made:
http://lbp.me/v/w-mf4

I added a few tags and it republished it. So now it probably shows up as LBP2 level. I guess I will go back and add some more booths based on features in the second. I have some good ideas.

OgTheClever said:
It was on the EU Playstation blog and all the levels seen there are community ones made by just 2 users.

Wow. That just makes it even more impressive. I'm definitely going to look for those next time I'm playing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just picked this up today and started the story mode. I adore it so far. The levels are way more varied and creative than they were in LBP1.

Top Bottom