• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

StuBurns

Banned
I'm on the last world, I'm kind of disappointed at the difficulty of the game, I felt like the first game was longer and had a more refined difficulty curve, LBP2 has gotten progressively easier if anything.

If it gets easier or slightly harder that's fine by me. I really dislike games when they get so hard it becomes a grind just to get through it.

I want a challenge but I don't want to have to pull my hair out doing it. I like a nice slow pace that may get harder but it's best if the game just adds more things to do instead of getting harder.

Stampy said:
Since this can be misleading, it also has to be strongly pointed out that both of those levels are from MM staff, published under private PSNs. So basically they cannot be viewed as community levels, at least in regards to showing how proficient the community has become.

yeah i should had point that out but then you could take it as what may be coming, levels take time and all the other new Mm are from users that Mm give a copy of the game too to make levels for tv ad

Rogue Panda Rescue by jackofcourse (I have to say not his best next to his other levels)
Rio Dance Off By Wexfordian [FROM LBP2 TV AD] [2-4 PLAYER]

and two by GruntosUK
Venice Is Sinking (Versus)
Venice Is Sinking (Coop)

StuBurns said:
I'm on the last world, I'm kind of disappointed at the difficulty of the game, I felt like the first game was longer and had a more refined difficulty curve, LBP2 has gotten progressively easier if anything.

After playing through the first one again ( well partially) I agree. But I'm fine with that... I'm at a point in which I can't take games that are too hard anymore.

Stampy said:
With LBP1 I was in the opposite spectrum. It was something like. "I am seriously stuck for technical proficiency. It's frustrating having all those ideas and not being able to do anything artistically and technically meaningful with the tools provided in the game." With LBP2 I hope my approach will be: "I don't give a damn." And that consequently my productivity rate will be much higher.
In the first game I started building a level which had a hub area of a 4-way elevator, with elemental trials that had to be completed in different areas to open up the final part of the level. I built it with multiple very large pistons, but the whole damn thing kept on randomly wobbling and snapping. It took me a week of adding long thin pieces of glass, chains and more pistons to get it consistently stable and functional, but by then I'd pretty much lost motivation for completing the level. It's was ridiculous the amount of workarounds I had to do to get the thing working without breaking.

Over months of very gradual work I managed to build a pretty robust logic system based around 4 levers in the elevator and even made it so that only 1 can be pulled at a time. Each one took you to the 4 corners of the 'room' and it would revert to the bottom middle when none were active. Unfortunately I never did get around to creating any of the level outside of the elevator area and now all that work just remains unfinished and unpublished.

By the looks of it, LBP2 will allow me to create the same sort of hub based level much more simply and in a fraction of the time.

Picked up game today. For one, I really want a headset now- the idea of putting primitive voice-work into my creations is too much to ignore, lol.

It's so far a damn good platform game. I like the various gizmos Sackboy can use, and the humour is great so far, the voice of Clive is hilarious. But I'm so goddam eager to get to grips with the Create mode, I feel like the campaign is a bit of a slog. That said, I want as many materials as possible, so I'm gonna clean up Story before getting Creative.

PSN ID is RitzkriegRap, FYI. Plz add me, I have no PSN friends :( lol

mr_boo

Last Question (hopefully): I'm having trouble locally locating LBP2 CE (of course). I'm really interested in the costumes that come with, but I figure I can live without...but looking at the OP, it states: "One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more...." This has piqued my interest. Can some one provide info regarding this?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mr_boo said:
Last Question (hopefully): I'm having trouble locally locating LBP2 CE (of course). I'm really interested in the costumes that come with, but I figure I can live without...but looking at the OP, it states: "One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more...." This is has piqued my interest. Can some one provide info regarding this?

Each major retail in the US offers one of the costumes that are included in the CE version. I preordered mine from Gamestop, and there was a code for the Tron costume listed on the receipt.

Gamestop has Tron and Best Buy has the Toy Story alien guy , and it looks like Amazon had the Ratchet and Clank costumes. I think all of them include a set of 4 animal costumes.

They might be preorder only, at least in the case of Gamestop, since it's printed on the receipt and not a voucher in the game case.

Oops, like like I sorta misread what you're saying. I'm not sure what that line in the OP means.

mr_boo

Snuggler said:
Each major retail in the US offers one of the costumes that are included in the CE version. I preordered mine from Gamestop, and there was a code for the Tron costume listed on the receipt.

Gamestop has Tron and Best Buy has the Toy Story alien guy , and it looks like Amazon had the Ratchet and Clank costumes. I think all of them include a set of 4 animal costumes.

They might be preorder only, at least in the case of Gamestop, since it's printed on the receipt and not a voucher in the game case.

Oops, like like I sorta misread what you're saying. I'm not sure what that line in the OP means.

Doesn't your claim contradict DMPrince's statement earlier?
DMPrince said:
the CE version you get all the preorder bonus costumes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mr_boo said:
Doesn't your claim contradict DMPrince's statement earlier?

Oh no, DMPrince is right. The CE has all the costumes.

I misread your post a little bit and was just pointing out that a few major US retailers were giving out 1 or 2 of the costumes that are in the CE as preorder bonuses.

I still haven't redeemed my code, I guess I should do that tonight.

mr_boo

Snuggler said:
Oh no, DMPrince is right. The CE has all the costumes.

I misread your post a little bit and was just pointing out that a few major US retailers were giving out 1 or 2 of the costumes that are in the CE as preorder bonuses.

I still haven't redeemed my code, I guess I should do that tonight.
Thanks for the clarification - I think I understand what you're saying...the pre-order bonuses were for Standard Version. This has helped made up my mind - I think I will simply pick up the Standard Edition since I'm itching to play tonight...even though the CE is so enticing...thanks again everyone!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why is 0% global gravity not actually 0% gravity? It's weird. I can make individual objects completely weightless with the anti-gravity modifier, but the global setting won't do it.

Is there something you have to do to set up community play? I just bought it today (Release day in UK) and it wont let me choose the "Community" option...?

Scythian Empire said:
Is there something you have to do to set up community play? I just bought it today (Release day in UK) and it wont let me choose the "Community" option...?
beat the first few levels of story to unlock.

Scythian Empire said:
Finish the first world on Story.

StuBurns

Banned
Finished, it's pretty amazing. The story is only five or six hours long, which is a little disappointing, but this time I intend to play a lot of the community stuff which I never really did last time.

Awesome start to what promises to be the best year of gaming for a very long time, if ever.

vehn

How does one use the costumes you get from that all pre order dlc costume level? It's not in my customize character and I don't see it in create mode either

Edit: NM. They have two levels right at the damn top of cool levels, one for pre order dlc and another for marvel. Guess it just fools people into thinking it's real and then stays at the top. Just a fake!

jred2k

Could someone please post a way to fix the moon in pod glitch? I just went through the last few pages and didn't see anything about it.

Teknoman

jred2k said:
Could someone please post a way to fix the moon in pod glitch? I just went through the last few pages and didn't see anything about it.

I remember reading something about signing out of PSN then back in while in the pod.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
jred2k said:

Try a hard reboot of your PS3 (turn off, pull the plug - not sure if that's actually necessary, but it can't hurt).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've played up through Avalonia and I am absolutely loving the story mode in this one. It's so much more fun and varied than the first. Can't wait to see what people start making in the creator for this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hung Wei Lo said:
hmm..didn't realize the CE gave you all outfits ..anyone want a Gamestop/EB games one?

first reply with a LBP haiku gets it
Everyone plays
The best create the worlds
Avalon is a douche

I have finally found a level that I can't Ace after a few tries. Full Metal Rabbit. Like, what the fricken hell. I don't know if it's just cause I'm bad, or this level has way too many ways you can die. After I Ace it, though, I'll only have to worry about getting Ace on the last boss. At this rate, I'm never going to get to the last boss. Full Metal Rabbit is LBP2's The Bunker for me.

Ranger X

Teknoman said:
So how do people set up cutscenes anyway? Create a copy of the scene somewhere else in the stage and set up the cameras there?

You can use movie cams right there. You might want to organise all the steps of your events into a sequencer.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DMPrince said:
Bang for Buck 4X lol. you can do it with 3 controllers and one real person.

Is this when I post a forever alone .jpg?

Just kidding. Hopefully co-op gets fixed soon, cause I am personally tired of playing alone and want to bro it up ASAP.

Ranger X

Is there anybody that would want to make a banner and maybe 1 or 2 little sub-headers for the "LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| Community levels thread" that I will make?

PM me pls...

Snuggler said:
Is this when I post a forever alone .jpg?

Just kidding. Hopefully co-op gets fixed soon, cause I am personally tired of playing alone and want to bro it up ASAP.
c6a44e60a6bd21928442bdb3e3ae9fa4dc73e1ff.jpg

found in story level LOL

Jeels

Anyone else get a en error more than half the time trying to connect to an online game. The loading bar is kind of stuck at the end and keeps repeating filling the bar,

donkey show said:
Use hologram material. It's one of the basic materials so it should already be there.

cool thanks... I honestly havent spent time to look at all the materials since I've been using my time to get comfy with the new logic based tools.

In some ways I wish I could do the logic in a menu (like the midi music player) instead of in the actual create mode but I'm not complaining at all.

ruffles

Played some online story mode with DMPrince. I got the infinite loading screens a couple times. The trick of turning off your controller, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back on fixes the problem.

Top Bottom