• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

mr_boo

Questions:
1. I have 2 PS3s and I noticed that the 2 accounts are not in sync. Do I have to use the backup feature with a USB drive to keep things in sync?

2. My fiancee and I were playing together locally last night on the same PS3. Logging in for her this morning, I noticed that with her account she can't change Sackboy's costume. How do I fix this?

Note, I haven't passed Davinci stage yet.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I apologize for in advance for the question I'm about to ask, because I know it's been asked a lot, but I'm on my phone and googling sucks on it:

My LBP1 save isn't a %100. Does downloading one to import through LBP2 disables trophies as it did with the first?

Dug

Banned
Jinfash said:
I apologize for in advance for the question I'm about to ask, because I know it's been asked a lot, but I'm on my phone and googling sucks on it:

My LBP1 save isn't a %100. Does downloading one to import through LBP2 disables trophies as it did with the first?
Sorry dude, but I believe you can't import copied saves.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Dug said:
Bah, that sucks. I guess I'm just gonna import my incomplete LBP1 save now, and complete it later if I feel like it. I'm assuming the import function can be performed at any time, and not once upon starting a new game/save, right?

Thanks btw.

george_us

Ok this game just got as weird as I remember LBP1 being. The level design has been amazing from the first level on too in contrast to the first game, which took awhile to get going. All of the new mechanics add so much.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jinfash said:
Bah, that sucks. I guess I'm just gonna import my incomplete LBP1 save now, and complete it later if I feel like it. I'm assuming the import function can be performed at any time, and not once upon starting a new game/save, right?

Right. But you have to dive into the options menu for it. It doesn't check your LBP1 save and go "AH-HA! NEW CONTENT! Import?" on bootup.

Xater

Dug said:

That sucks.

I am still thinking about getting LBP2 and I no longer have my LBP1 save. My original PS3 died because of YLOD. :(

Teknoman

Avalon and Clive should get a level dlc pack with extra alien invasion and future music. I just really liked their stage design and both have awesome voices.

TheSeks

DMPrince said:
need one more item in eve's world. and I have aced and collected every item except the last world. so good.

I'm honestly waiting for them to fix the online before I get the items. :/

TheSeks

DMPrince said:
what if they can't fix it ;P (just kidding)

Then I'm getting the trophies post haste and going back to LBP1. Inexcusable that they can't let you play with 1-3 others online. :|

netguy503

DMPrince said:
need one more item in eve's world. and I have aced and collected every item except the last world. so good.

You did all the 4x challenges without it crashing? I said WOW! You are a God among men good sir.

CozMick

Banned
Has anyone elses Sackboy stopped moving there heads when rotating there Dual shocks?

When I click L3 I'm able to wiggle it's hips but not his head.

netguy503 said:
You did all the 4x challenges without it crashing? I said WOW! You are a God among men good sir.
I didn't do it alone ;P I did the 2 4x ones with ruffles (LOL you should have seen how I held three controllers in my hand) xD

CozMick said:
Has anyone elses Sackboy stopped moving there heads when rotating there Dual shocks?

it'll start working again.

netguy503

Madman said:
I played the basketball game with some random and was surprised by how well it ran. I would imagine I got lucky.

Also, it's not the first day anymore. The servers aren't getting hit as hard. They still need to patch it though. I'm quite surprised we haven't heard word from them yet on when it will be fixed.

mclem

I've had a couple of really smooth randoms, I think it's partly dependent on who you end up with. Certainly the times I've ended up with people who (the username implied) were also in Europe, I've had no issues.

RagnarokX

Teknoman said:
Avalon and Clive should get a level dlc pack with extra alien invasion and future music. I just really liked their stage design and both have awesome voices.
I think Avalon was my least favorite world, honestly... well, besides davincis tutorial world. Maybe it was just too sterile.

Aced every level. Now I just need the multiplayer stuff and some of the points challenges

RoadHazard

Gold Member
CozMick said:

Yeah, that happens every now and then. Usually starts working again after you've completed the level.

Anyone know how to get text at the bottom of the screen like the instructions in Galactic Base Defence? I want to create a simple menu system with instructions at the bottom, but can't find that feature anywhere.

ruffles

DMPrince said:
I didn't do it alone ;P I did the 2 4x ones with ruffles (LOL you should have seen how I held three controllers in my hand) xD.

OMG, you did that part where you had to use the squirt gun by yourself with 3 controllers? You freak o_0

Is there a GAF LBP chatroom on PSN?

Dug

Banned
Does anyone know why the Clank costume does not come with the green eyes? :\ I'm looking at the list of DLC on the MM website and in the pictures for Ratchet and Clank it even shows him with the green eyes.

Link to the pictures

gibration

My CE finally arrived. Yay!

Also, first to quote gets the following best buy pre order costumes.
4821119968_0fc9c1de32_m.jpg

4821119920_c80b66fb00.jpg

Still running into infinite loading and still haven't been able to get a co-op match going.
:(

On the plus side, I just played the mini-game in the Eve world where you control two Sackboys at the same time. It blew my mind. Whoever designed those levels did an outstanding job.

Dug said:
Does anyone know why the Clank costume does not come with the green eyes? :\ I'm looking at the list of DLC on the MM website and in the pictures for Ratchet and Clank it even shows him with the green eyes.

Link to the pictures
Does the Clank costume have green eyes that just don't glow? Maybe you give Sackboy those glowing eyes from part 1 and that makes them glow? Or they're separate from the Clank head for some reason. I gotta check this myself.

Jeels

On the topic of the Eve world, what exactly is it? Why is it available to play alongside the worlds in the story mode, which unlock as one plays?

Tkawsome said:
Still running into infinite loading and still haven't been able to get a co-op match going.

Same here mate. When I do manage to get a coop game going I just get kicked out at the end of the level saying 'Cannot connect to host'. Very frustrating.

snap0212

Got my copy of the game today. Love it so far, but it seems like the music created with the music sequencer doesn't work at all. No matter how long I wait, the music doesn't start. Am I doing something wrong here - do I have to activate it?

Mik2121

Man, one day I will get one of those preorder costumes... Hate having to import games because they sell them so late (and without preorder stuff) over here :(

Paznos

Tkawsome said:

On the plus side, I just played the mini-game in the Eve world where you control two Sackboys at the same time. It blew my mind. Whoever designed those levels did an outstanding job.
I just finished that mini game and thought it was awesome, really loving the game.

snap0212 said:
Got my copy of the game today. Love it so far, but it seems like the music created with the music sequencer doesn't work at all. No matter how long I wait, the music doesn't start. Am I doing something wrong here - do I have to activate it?
Hmmm, press square on any section of the sequencer. You should see a timing bar start moving from the point of where you pressed. It just might be stuck.

CozMick

Banned
RoadHazard said:
Yeah, that happens every now and then. Usually starts working again after you've completed the level.

It's been approximately 7 levels since it happened and it's still the same :(

Bloody hell, an extensive beta should have sorted this shit out :mad:

Top Bottom