• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Jeels said:
Anyone else get a en error more than half the time trying to connect to an online game. The loading bar is kind of stuck at the end and keeps repeating filling the bar,
connection problem. MM needs to fix it. when you can't connect to other player you'll get stuck in a loading loop.

ruffles said:
Played some online story mode with DMPrince. I got the infinite loading screens a couple times. The trick of turning off your controller, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back on fixes the problem.

pressing the ps button has help me a few times

Ranger X

Is there anybody that would want to make a banner and maybe 1 or 2 little sub-headers for the "LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| Community levels thread" that I will make?

PM me pls...

george_us

I hate that this game actually has a story and cutscenes now. I thought LBP handled its story perfectly and didn't intrude on the gameplay. I'm also not really feeling the art style although I can't exactly articulate what it is that doesn't appeal to me. It almost feels a bit more "mainstream" compared to the first LBP.

Gameplay wise though it feels much tighter. Jumping in and out of layers feels much more precise, and the physics feels tighter as well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wasn't big on the cutscenes/voice acting either, even though they have a couple great actors and I like that they're now possible. Thankfully they can be skipped, which is what I did after the first 2 or 3.

I can't wait to see the weird movies people will make, though.

I can't find the last prize bubble in world 5
Invasion of the body invader

I collected all the ones that were apparent. Did i have to go back or was there a sticker switch I missed?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just had the smoothest online experience thus far. It was a blast to play with someone who could tolerate and laugh at the mistakes. That's what makes this game a joy, it always is good for laughs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LiquidMetal14 said:
Just had the smoothest online experience thus far. It was a blast to play with someone who could tolerate and laugh at the mistakes. That's what makes this game a joy, it always is good for laughs.

Exactly.

Like when you have a chain of 4 sackboys hanging from an object and the top guy fucks it up and you all fall and die, or when you're too eager to get across a platforming room and you run right off the edge. The blunders are a BIG part of the fun when playing co-op.
I've got way more LOL's out of LBP than any other game, and that's one of the things I love most about it.

Grisby

Just got through playing some games. Couldn't get into but a few of them, :(. The online isn't that great but when it works and everyones just having fun, its cool.

I didn't play much of the 1st LBP online because I didn't like the structure of it. I hate here too how it will automatically load the level even if someone rejects you. Should just keep you on the main page or something.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Absolutely. The times when you're so anxious to make a simple jump but you miss the ledge but manage to pull a little mini jump into the fire. The awesomeness of the physics engine makes for some hilarity.

I've also had some fun in the levels which you get the ability to throw. I accidentally threw my friends so many times but it makes it so funny to be trying to throw something at an enemy and realize it was one of your friends you hurled lol

Do I have to reset the system if I'm stuck on the Loading screen?
Pressing start seemed to turn off the music, other than that, looks like it's completely frozen :-(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Incitemaybe said:
Do I have to reset the system if I'm stuck on the Loading screen?
Pressing start seemed to turn off the music, other than that, looks like it's completely frozen :-(

The host can kick you from the game, returning you to your pod. If you don't have a mic, just shoot him a message asking him to do it.

MnH60.png

Karish

donkey show said:
Checking my e-mail... these are the ones Guinness accepted. I don't remember which ones we missed, but some are pretty obvious they can't be done.

First-person shooters
Tactical Shooters
Third Person
2D Shooters
Online Shooters
Rail Shooters
Football
NFL
Baseball
Golf
Tennis
Football
Extreme Sports
Simulation Racing
Arcade Racing
Street Racing
Kart Racing
Mini Games Compilations
Fitness Gaming
Rhythm Games: Karaoke
Rhythm Games: Instrument
Rhythm Games: Dance mat
Open World
Narrative Adventure
Stealth
Survival Horror
2D Platformers
3D Platformers
Point and Click
2D Fighters
3D Fighters
Hack and Slash
Combat Sports
Block puzzles
Spatial Puzzles
Physics-based
Logic Puzzles
Word Puzzles
Japanese RPG
Western RPG
Action RPGs
MMORPG
MMORPG - Social
Turn-based Strategy
Real-time Strategy
Simulation
Classic Arcade
Modern Arcade

In order to qualify, we had to play a genre for at least 5 minutes. Replays could not be done. Playing multiple levels within a genre in order to reach that goal was acceptable. Stuff like MMORPGs and whatnot were a little out of reach and we could not go into create mode and build a stage to fulfill a genre. There were some other stipulations that limited our ability, but if we could've done that, we'd have covered way more ground. We did try to get the community who already had the game to build levels that had the genre we needed and was also multiplayer accessible, but they failed us, lol.

Are all of these online for users now or were they internal only?

Karish

My first night playing I didn't see anything that could not have been in LBP1. I just played Blast Radium. Needless to say my mind is blown!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ranger X said:
This is a test ^^

Do you guys think it's a pleasing formula to present a level?

What do you mean by formula?

I'll try to the level when I boot up PSN later.

On a side note, this is why LBP.ME. is so great. Just queued that level and now it'll be right there when I play the game.

Ranger X

Snuggler said:

On a side note, this is why LBP.ME. is so great. Just queued that level and now it'll be right there when I play the game.

"formula" because I am making the community levels thread and I want to suggest a formula for posting level recommendations.

Snuggler said:

for when he makes the LBP2 level thread.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ranger X said:
"formula" because I am making the community levels thread and I want to suggest a formula for posting level recommendations.

Aahhh, silly me.

It has the icon, the level name, a picture from it (oh so important) and the LBP.me link.

Seems to cover just about everything, no objections here.

The only thing I'd add is that people should be required to add at least a couple sentences of description so we know what to expect.

Stampy

Ranger X said:
9bb361840494f209a9081d33d733cf4f4fa67468.png

A Bark In The Dark

By: RangerZero

http://lbp.me/v/qt9302

Wouldn't it also be preferable to have in that "formula" a description of the level or at least information which would include simple explanation why the level should be played, basically stating what is unique about it.

Edit: Hm, the Snuggler snuggled in before me.

Green Scar said:
PSN ID is RitzkriegRap, FYI. Plz add me, I have no PSN friends :( lol

I too am a lonely and friendless sackboy, so any new name on my oh so barren and mistreated friend's list would be most welcome. (BTW, I won't have the game for couple more days, depending on the speed of international postal service.) PSN: Stampy83

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll add both of you guys, for sure. I'm always looking for more LBP-bros, I just hope they fix online soon so we can actually play together.

Snuggler said:
I'll add both of you guys, for sure. I'm always looking for more LBP-bros, I just hope they fix online soon so we can actually play together.

this, i haven't let it bring my lbp2 love down just yet but the buggy online is really getting to me. and that formula seems fine for a level/game thread

Mik2121

I don't know if I have space for more people on my account (I've reached the top a lot of times and just have to delete people..), but if I do, feel free to add me: Mik2121

BeeDog

I'm ready to throw my fucking controller through my TV thanks to trying to ace the "Bang Bang" (or whatever the fuck it's called in English) level. Ten times worse than the fucking Bunker level.

BeeDog said:
I'm ready to throw my fucking controller through my TV thanks to trying to ace the "Bang Bang" (or whatever the fuck it's called in English) level. Ten times worse than the fucking Bunker level.

wat? describe this which level since i don't recall it but though i wasn't trying i never felt this was bunker difficult anywhere throughout.

BeeDog

DoomXploder7 said:
wat? describe this which level since i don't recall it but though i wasn't trying i never felt this was bunker difficult anywhere throughout.

It's the two-part level with those arms that track you and shoot fire. I seriously had an easier time acing the Bunker; there's something about this fucking level that won't let me ace it, aaargh!

ohhhh that one, yeah that was pretty bad, i did think this level is gonna be hard to ace when playing through it. that part when you can't even see where they are is just bad.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
omg omg Ladytron's in this game. I had no idea. Ghosts is an odd choice, but hey, it's my favorite band. What a sweet surprise.

Played this for a few hours today with a friend, really surprised how much I liked it. I was a fan of the first one but just had zero interest in the sequel, not sure why. Felt like there wasn't much else to do with the game beyond improving the creation tools (which is cool, but not something I'd ever sit down with again). It's a really fantastic game though, level design in the campaign is terrific. The third world with the Soviet theme and sackbots was too cute, too cool.

OgTheClever said:
Holy crap, this trailer is awesome!

The History of Videogames

Its not only awesome its the greatest tv advert ever made. Fuck i love this game, i liked the first but they nailed the shit out of the second well done MM, lbp is the best new gen ip imho.

The best way i can think to describe lbp to non gamers is an early learning centre for grown ups. Can you remeber when you were a kid and your mother took you in there nad you saw all the toys and the endless fun you could have thats what lbp is to a grown up. I dont have the skills to make my own levels and im fine with that but i cant wait to see what people come up with.

mclem

Teknoman said:
Btw, is it just me, or did all the creator curators from LBP1 go insane, including the meerkats?

I was about to ask that. I didn't see all, but I saw The King, The Queen, The Meerkats, The Race Guy and Frida.

One thing that disappointed me about the story is that there's a lot of things that were a bit *too* out-of-the-blue, where more story would have made them more interesting:

What actually *is* the Negativitron? After all that talk about being formed by the bad traits of the curators, it sounded like they were building up to some sort of amusing twist about its identity and its desire to destroy. At least The Collector tied in with LBP1s overall theme and made sense on a meta level
Why are the LBP1 designers insane? Were they insane in LBP1? Was all of LBP1 a fever dream?
The Meanies are converted Sackbots in game terms, but are they also converted Sackbots in story terms?

Yes, I'm actually complaining about the story in Little Big Planet. I think *I* need to be consigned to Eve's Asylum.

But the "Sniper Trifle" pun made everything okay

Top Bottom