• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Kagari said:
I played last night with LiquidMetal and it was silky smooth.
Tried playing with two of my mates today and after every level one or both of them would be stuck at a loading screen until I kicked and re-invited them but it didn't fix it every time, I gave up in the end. :(

We also tried with them hosting instead of myself and had the same issues. Can't figure out what the problem is (if it's our fault and not the servers getting hammered) as the three of us are in the UK.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
two more questions

1. Does anyone happen to remember which LBP1 has the lantern light object? I need it for my level but I seem to have missed it.

2. How would you go about making a flickering light?

Ranger X

Yes the servers are completely hammered. There was like 60 000+ players at the same time this afternoon. Might be even worse now as it is rush hour in North America.

Ranger X

Snuggler said:
two more questions

1. Does anyone happen to remember which LBP1 has the lantern light object? I need it for my level but I seem to have missed it.

2. How would you go about making a flickering light?

1- The lantern (medieval) is from Pirates of The Carribean. Chinese lantern is one of the chinese levels. Christmas lantern is Christmas pack (duh).

GeoramA

The servers have been fucked all day. It took about 5 minutes to load up a story level when I was logged in this morning.

I'm just playing the story missions offline for now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thanks Ranger.

And yeah, even LBP.me isn't working for me either. Damn, the guys at Media Molecule sure have their work cut out for them. Hopefully it can be ironed out soon and it won't be a long term issue, cause I'm dying for some co-op.

Just finished the single player and I had tons of fun.

It's kind of surprising how much improved LBP2 is over LBP1 when you pop back in to the single player levels of the first game. I certainly forgot and thought they were way better than they actually are.

I also thought that overall the game was too easy but I had a lot of fun despite this issue. I can't wait for more people to get creating and make things that haven't even been thought of yet!

Ranger X said:
Yes the servers are completely hammered. There was like 60 000+ players at the same time this afternoon. Might be even worse now as it is rush hour in North America.
Crazy, I bought it launch morning and it had 5,000 players online. A couple hours later it had 12,000. No wonder the servers have stalled, I can't do anything right now.

Ranger X

Actually, there was problems at first when LBP1 came out. It's like they NEVER can be prepared for the load. This happens in all online events many games --- I never understood why. I mean, if you think you will have 60 000 peeps, put servers for 90 000! It's better to exagerate at first and REMOVE some service later.

CozMick

Banned
Just logged into LBP1 and there are 15,000+ players, LBP2 has approx 55,000+ players.

Surely that amount of players shouldn't bog down the servers as it's doing now?

Ranger X

CozMick said:
Just logged into LBP1 and there are 15,000+ players, LBP2 has approx 55,000+ players.

Well, looks like it does uh? ;)

CozMick

Banned
Ranger X said:
Well, looks like it does uh? ;)

Unfortunately :p

And I'm starting to think that my LBP1 profile is the cause of the "Sackboy head not moving" problem.

Created a new profile, didn't import anything and it works fine.

Is there anyway to export my LBP1 content from LBP2?

Please say YES!

CozMick said:

considering the people who can't get online right now 55,000 players is surely just what it's trying to handle right now. i wonder how long it'll be until a fix

Also i'm trying to make a shmup, whats the best way to get a floating object to move up and down a set distance repeatedly so that it is an obstacle, without using pistons.

Stampy

Ranger X said:
Actually, there was problems at first when LBP1 came out. It's like they NEVER can be prepared for the load. This happens in all online events many games --- I never understood why. I mean, if you think you will have 60 000 peeps, put servers for 90 000! It's better to exagerate at first and REMOVE some service later.

I mean considering preorder numbers what were they thinking. It seems pretty ignorant to know approximately how many people will try to play the game online in the first days and still not to prepare for the first wave. I mean it's not like I care because I am still waiting for the game, but after finishing the story some people will most likely just give up on the game if this won't be fixed in couple of days.

I Aced every level in the game. Then, I looked at the trophy list, and saw that you have to Ace 10 levels in a row. Well, I know I'm doing the beginning levels for sure.

jayb

If they could get the infinite loading problem fixed, online play would be great. Once I actually finish loading/connecting to an online player, it's silky smooth ... which is a big improvement over lbp1.

ruffles

jayb said:
If they could get the infinite loading problem fixed, online play would be great. Once I actually finish loading/connecting to an online player, it's silky smooth ... which is a big improvement over lbp1.

Try holding the PS button, turn the controller off, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on. That fixed the infinite loading screen for me. I do it every time it happens.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Finished the story mode and I loved it all the way through. This is definitely a game for anyone who loves gaming. Tried out a few community levels and saw some good stuff already. Can't wait to see what else comes out of it.

Madman

DoomXploder7 said:
Also i'm trying to make a shmup, whats the best way to get a floating object to move up and down a set distance repeatedly so that it is an obstacle, without using pistons.
Probably a sequencer with movers in it that have high acceleration and dampening

Phenomic

So I haven't picked up LBP2 yet however I played it last night and I'm dying to pick it up now. Curious about something though and I'm sure this has been answered probably already. How do the games link and connect with each other via Media Molecule levels and how does user generated content work between the games?

I know all the DLC and content from 1 transfers over to two. However, can my friend be playing 2 and I play 1 and still play with each other online? For LBP1 levels only or something? Or do we both have to be playing 1 to get online for 1 and 2 to get online for 2.

Corto

The game is just beautiful. Also having connection troubles in game and in lbp.me site. Had to play on my own through some single player levels. I could spend a few hours on those little mini games levels on single player. Really addictive to best our score/time on those!

JohngPR

Funny to see GAF playing that SFII level, it's like a hilarious version of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. I had a blast playing it with my son. LOL

A couple of questions regarding enemies:

How do you arm them? I know how to make a basic emitter that throws out the occasional bomb, but I can't seem to get a real attack going.

The next question has to do with sackbots. I was playing around with some of the circuit board stuff and managed to make a setup where once a timer ran out, he was set to use one of three random "attack" charges. Problem is once the timer ran out it was done, I couldn't manage to find a way to reset it so his attacks were always on. What am I missing here?

Teknoman

Tkawsome said:

How do you arm them? I know how to make a basic emitter that throws out the occasional bomb, but I can't seem to get a real attack going.

The next question has to do with sackbots. I was playing around with some of the circuit board stuff and managed to make a setup where once a timer ran out, he was set to use one of three random "attack" charges. Problem is once the timer ran out it was done, I couldn't manage to find a way to reset it so his attacks were always on. What am I missing here?

Thats what i'm trying to figure out. They also seemed to be able to stick material onto sackbots in the story mode (the meanie horns and single eye, as well as the LED eyes for normal sackbots).

Ferrio said:
The street fighter community level is HILARIOUS.

Oh man, got into that game with my brother online last night. Just throwing a leg up and kicking the other dude in the nads is hilarious.

Also, after he beat me he did this flying jump and just sat on the ground.

It was awesome!

btkadams

LiquidMetal14 said:
It really is, it's in world 3. Best minigame ever.
oh! i haven't checked out the versus games unlocked in story mode. they're that good? man i really wish i wasn't working on finance right now. i wanna game that with people.

Ranger X

Tkawsome said:

Isn't there a way to substract a number from a counter? This way a counter that was "on" with a certain number of increments could be back to "off".

someone need to explain how the grapple works. fowl play was a disaster because it just wasn't working for me and now I'm convinced I'm doing it wrong. it seems so random; sometimes it reels in, sometimes I swing, other times I just stop, other times I swing slow. I've tried holding a direction, not touching anything and just letting momentum carry me, but nothing seems to work consistently.

Top Bottom