• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Linkzg said:
someone need to explain how the grapple works. fowl play was a disaster because it just wasn't working for me and now I'm convinced I'm doing it wrong. it seems so random; sometimes it reels in, sometimes I swing, other times I just stop, other times I swing slow. I've tried holding a direction, not touching anything and just letting momentum carry me, but nothing seems to work consistently.

It seems like your momentum gets killed if you slightly go down/up if you hold left/right. I seem to have the best results not touching the stick at all, but I'm not entirely sure on that myself.

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
someone need to explain how the grapple works. fowl play was a disaster because it just wasn't working for me and now I'm convinced I'm doing it wrong. it seems so random; sometimes it reels in, sometimes I swing, other times I just stop, other times I swing slow. I've tried holding a direction, not touching anything and just letting momentum carry me, but nothing seems to work consistently.

Have you ever played Bionic Commando (the current gen one) or at least the demo? It seems to work like that.

Ranger X said:
Isn't there a way to substract a number from a counter? This way a counter that was "on" with a certain number of increments could be back to "off".

I've only tried this stuff out for a little bit so I haven't messed with the counter much. I couldn't find a way to register "points" on the counter to turn on the randomizer, so I just switched it out for the timer.

Ranger X

Linkzg said:

Moving up or down will kill your momentum. If you press left or right, you need to press when it makes sense or you will again kill your momentum. In fact, the major error here is MM putting the the "reel in/out" on the same joystick as the movement. It is a clear overlook to me but still, it's manageable.

A tip for swinging effectively is also to let go of yourself in a certain direction and grapple back the thing in order to continue your movement but with the added momentum of your previous "falling". Know what I mean? It's hard to explain for me :((

Ranger X said:
Isn't there a way to substract a number from a counter? This way a counter that was "on" with a certain number of increments could be back to "off".
Using a directional combiner will do the trick. Connect the output of that to a counter. Anything connected to the input of the + will add and anything connected to the minus will subtract from the counter.

And I'm pretty close to finishing the game. Will start creating soon. =)

Ranger X

donkey show said:
Using a directional combiner will do the trick. Connect the output of that to a counter. Anything connected to the input of the + will add and anything connected to the minus will subtract from the counter.

And I'm pretty close to finishing the game. Will start creating soon. =)

Mindblown. Didn't think about the directional combiner this way. Tks!!

Ranger X

DMPrince said:
acing this last level is pissing me off :\ what do i get for collecting all items and acing level? I hope there is something LOL

Prizes for acing are individual to the levels. You win them at the scoreboard. Acing is just another way of gathering create stuff afterall.

Playing this game with randoms is about a million times more fun that I could have imagined. Its next to impossible not to crack up with all the craziness happening at maximum cuteness levels.

Now if only it worked. Been stuck loading here for at least 5 minutes. Only to switch me to yet another load time. :(

Grisby

NullPointer said:
Playing this game with randoms is about a million times more fun that I could have imagined. Its next to impossible not to crack up with all the craziness happening at maximum cuteness levels.

Now if only it worked. Been stuck loading here for at least 5 minutes. Only to switch me to yet another load time. :(

I do find if I shut the controller off it gets me in the game faster. I have no idea why.

Hey, does anyone know how people have gotten those giant angel wings for their sackboy? Like which level you might have to ace, etc? Got that giant lightbulb thing which was pretty neat.

Hey creators! I've finally flipped over my muse and I need some help with my creations. I'm trying to make the speed of an emitted object variable based on user preference. I could make several buttons, with one for each choice but I really want someone to stand on the button longer for a faster/harder shot. Is there a good way to do this?

IMACOMPUTA

So i asked earlier in the thread, and no one seemed to know what i was talking about..
but:

WHAT THE F*%@ is this ANNOYING black rear-view mirror looking thing that is always in the way of text/other stuff?!??
And how do i get rid of it?
img_07369rs0.jpg

EDIT Also, is there any way to get that pre-order Gonzo costume? Man, I would love to have that!

Ranger X

NullPointer said:
Tried it but it just didn't work this time.

Do a network test on your PS3 (see in network settings) and check if you connection is Nat Type 2 or 1.

GT5 and LBP1 and LBP2 are heavy on connections and you absolutely need to be Nat Type 2 or 1 or else you'll have connection problems like you seem to have.
The loadings in the game are short, it's your connection or the server's toll that makes them long. Right now I am playing the game (30mb boardband / wired / Nat Type 2) and it rocks. Works wonderfully.

netguy503

IMACOMPUTA said:
So i asked earlier in the thread, and no one seemed to know what i was talking about..
but:

WHAT THE F*%@ is this ANNOYING black rear-view mirror looking thing that is always in the way of text/other stuff?!??
img_07369rs0.jpg

EDIT Also, is there any way to get that pre-order Gonzo costume? Man, I would love to have that!

The level in your post was so funny when DSP played it yesterday....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUh2rPKP4EE

wow i'm close to 1440 mins in create and have accomplished next to nothing. this game is so great i think im gonna try acing the levels now though

Ferrio

Banned
Tkawsome said:
I lost it at 2:10 when he sat down and just started flying away. It makes me want to hunt out the most crazy broken games I can find.

You can do hadokens in it too, they're hilarious.

Ranger X said:
Do a network test on your PS3 (see in network settings) and check if you connection is Nat Type 2 or 1.

GT5 and LBP1 and LBP2 are heavy on connections and you absolutely need to be Nat Type 2 or 1 or else you'll have connection problems like you seem to have.
The loadings in the game are short, it's your connection or the server's toll that makes them long. Right now I am playing the game (30mb boardband / wired / Nat Type 2) and it rocks. Works wonderfully.
When I do connect with other players, I agree 100% - its fluid and awesome, and a great time :)

Just sometimes I'll get stuck in load-landia for way too long. Took your advice though and ran a network test:

NAT Type 2
Download @ 6.7 Mbps
Upload @ 1.5 Mbps

Will go through the main story solo for a few days and allow things to settle a bit. Now that I've seen what co-op in LBP is like there is no stopping me.

Ranger X

NullPointer said:
When I do connect with other players, I agree 100% - its fluid and awesome, and a great time :)

Just sometimes I'll get stuck in load-landia for way too long. Took your advice though and ran a network test:

NAT Type 2
Download @ 6.7 Mbps
Upload @ 1.5 Mbps

Will go through the main story solo for a few days and allow things to settle a bit. Now that I've seen what co-op in LBP is like there is no stopping me.

At least it's not your connection the problem! :)

I can tell right away when I play a level disguised as LBP2 from the community levels, the controls in LBP2 are a lot more snappy and responsive.

On a side note, I couldn't connect to games early in the day but at night it was blazingly fast. There just wasn't that many community levels to play, come on folks!

Man this shit is bugging me out.
I just got the game and I'm ready to kick it out the fucking window as I've already gotten stuck twice on loading screens.

corn_fest

DMPrince said:
Does a sub-level count as a level slot?
I don't think you can connect a level with a level link unless you've published it already, so yeah, unfortunately, unless I missed some option.

BPK said:
I'm in the Victoria's Laboratory world and I have a problem. The game is allowing me to progress to the World of Tomorrow, but it says I've only completed 6 out of 7 levels on Victoria's Laboratory. Strangely it gives me a pin for "Follow that Sackbot" but I never remember playing it. As well, there's a level that seems to still be locked. Is this normal that I can go on the next world but still not have completed all the levels in the previous one?
You don't have to complete the extra levels unlocked with keys to progress. I still have some to do as well.

BPK

I'm in the Victoria's Laboratory world and I have a problem. The game is allowing me to progress to the World of Tomorrow, but it says I've only completed 6 out of 7 levels on Victoria's Laboratory. Strangely it gives me a pin for "Follow that Sackbot" but I never remember playing it. As well, there's a level that seems to still be locked. Is this normal that I can go on the next world but still not have completed all the levels in the previous one?

Paznos

Story Mode complete! pretty cool, I never did finish the story mode in the first game it kept giving me problems, maybe I should try to finish it now.

Ranger X

Lion Heart said:
I can tell right away when I play a level disguised as LBP2 from the community levels, the controls in LBP2 are a lot more snappy and responsive.

On a side note, I couldn't connect to games early in the day but at night it was blazingly fast. There just wasn't that many community levels to play, come on folks!

Looks like you can't tell because the controls doesn't get into "LBP1 mode" behind the scene when you play a LBP1 level in LBP2. lol

However, I CAN tell personally because I made a level (Death Swamp) that requires the player to master LBP1 controls and when I play it in LBP2 it's almost broken now (looks like certain physic's glitches that were corrected altered certain things I was doing with Sackboy in my level).

BPK

corn_fest said:
I don't think you can connect a level with a level link unless you've published it already, so yeah, unfortunately, unless I missed some option.

You don't have to complete the extra levels unlocked with keys to progress. I still have some to do as well.

How many secret keys are there? I think I found two on Victory's Laboratory world but I still see a level locked. Anybody know?

Toki767

So far I've aced all the levels in the first 5 worlds. Haven't started the last world yet but I'm probably going to attempt it later today. Really loving the game though. These level designs are very ingenious.

mclem

Ranger X said:
Prizes for acing are individual to the levels. You win them at the scoreboard. Acing is just another way of gathering create stuff afterall.

Although one thing that's consistent is that
acing boss levels gives you the 'special' costume for that world's creator
... among other things.

StuBurns

Banned
Papercuts said:
Root Canal was an awesome level, I like a lot of the unlock levels.
It's my favorite side level. I wish the game used the swimming more.

My favorite 'real' level is from that world too, the one where you put out fires with the Mario Sunshine backpack.

mclem

IMACOMPUTA said:
img_07369rs0.jpg

That's a network message, but dunno why it's blank. I wonder if it's one specific to that level which hasn't been configured correctly by the level designer?

Either way, circle should get rid of it, in principle.

IMACOMPUTA

mclem said:
That's a network message, but dunno why it's blank. I wonder if it's one specific to that level which hasn't been configured correctly by the level designer?

Either way, circle should get rid of it, in principle.

Really? Well it must be bugged, because it's ALWAYS there.
It literally never goes away. Single player/ Multiplayer/ story mode, it's there.

:( Hitting circle doesn't make it go away.

ARGH.

wouwie

While waiting for my copy to arrive, i've been replaying most of the story levels from lbp 1 because i lost all my savegames when my ps3 died.

I was surprised to see that the queue function from lbp.me works with lbp1. However, i was notified once about having levels in my queue but since then, i have no idea where i can find them again in the menu. Can anyone direct me to it?

iratA

LBP 2 Expert needed please help!

In create mode and I got these cool little enemy creatures floating in zero gravity.

So I'm trying to get program them to do basic movements like move left for a bit then move right for the same distance. Problem I've got is I'm getting slight movement creep either left or right over time and the things end up out of position. Here is an example of my setup:

Microchip: 'Battery' -into- 'Sequencer'
Sequencer (set on loop): 2 x 'Battery' (two stripes each) staggered diagonally with no gaps on each end both output -into- 'Direction Combiner' Inputs (one positive, one negative)
'Direction Combiner' then into 'Advanced Mover Left/Right Speed'

^ This just seems way to compicated for such a simple operation but I can't find another way for it to work? Plus I keep getting this movement creep. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Ok I think I finally solved the problem although the set-up is even more complicated. The set-up I had should of worked by all accounts, but it doesn't. I think there is a very slight delay between triggering two batteries in the sequencer. Basically I changed my design to one battery in the sequencer with three on the microchip. The real key is to use the 'And Gate' and the 'XOR Gate' in combination with the sequencer. Then run both outputs into the ' Direction Combiner'.

Oh God my head hurts now. Result now is I can have my minions run a muck in all sorts of directions with no movement creep. Fingers Crossed.

So, does anyone have a solution to that issue I mentioned? How can I get some kind of variable speed of an emitted object? I want the player to select 'shooting' speed, but it needs to be analogue

Top Bottom