• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

ijed

BobTheFork said:
I still really need help with what I talked about: I'm not sure the best way to make the ball speed selectable. I just need to people to jump on a button of pull a level to select the shoot speed but it also need to shoot many balls over and over again.

edit: Thanks IratA. The last time I did this, I had the button attached to a piston that pulled back a piece of wood with elastic on it. You could EITHER fire multiple times or select the firings speed and only shoot once but I could never figure out how to do both.

Could you use a button that when you press it the piston moves down then when you release it it fires? If using emitters maybe a selector attached to emitters of different velocities - one button selects the active emitter then another button to fire?

I'm wondering if there's a way to use in-out movers on objects in free-space. If I attach a bit of dark-matter to it then it doesn't move at all, if I turn anti-grav on then as soon as i touch it it goes flying ... any tips?

jiggles

Banned
Just finished the story mode. Regarding the ending:

Right at the very end before the credits, Stephen Fry is talking about how you shouldn't hold back your ideas and how you should nurture your creativity, because "maybe you'll see them again next time you visit LittleBigPlanet", and the game finishes with a long shot of the trademark LBP tree.

Except it's not the trademark tree, it's different. It's been altered to look like it's been melded with a microchip. Are they hinting at something new coming? Maybe new gadgets or something? Maybe another portable title with THIS in the logo?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ijed said:
Could you use a button that when you press it the piston moves down then when you release it it fires? If using emitters maybe a selector attached to emitters of different velocities - one button selects the active emitter then another button to fire?

I'm wondering if there's a way to use in-out movers on objects in free-space. If I attach a bit of dark-matter to it then it doesn't move at all, if I turn anti-grav on then as soon as i touch it it goes flying ... any tips?

Why are you attaching dark matter to it? You don't need it for it to stay afloat no?.

vehn said:
So Im probably lttp with this, but the bee level is a homage to pixel junk shooter, right?

nah it's just a homage to shootem ups in general i'd say, nothing in them screamed specific shootem game to me.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone know how to delete wires? Only way I can get rid of them is deleting the object that it comes from... which is a pain in the ass.

vehn

DoomXploder7 said:
nah it's just a homage to shootem ups in general i'd say, nothing in them screamed specific shootem game to me.

I'm talking about the very first one, where you are rescuing guys in orange Suits (like PJS) by picking them up with your ship (like PJS) while even listening tom the funky techno music (like PJS).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Scythian Empire said:
How do I import my profile from LBP1? I skipped the option on the initial start up and was wondering if there's any way to go back and import it? Been searching around for the option for ages and can't find anything.

Start->Options->Profile->Import LBP1 save.

ijed

TTP said:
Why are you attaching dark matter to it? You don't need it for it to stay afloat no?.

Not if I have anti-grav set to 0% - but then if I touch it it starts moving.
EDIT: Dampening to 100% should fix that yeah?

Ferrio said:
Anyone know how to delete wires? Only way I can get rid of them is deleting the object that it comes from... which is a pain in the ass.
Press triangle when over the wires to delete? Works for me...

vehn said:
I'm talking about the very first one, where you are rescuing guys in orange Suits (like PJS) by picking them up with your ship (like PJS) while even listening tom the funky techno music (like PJS).

ooooohhhhh that one with the sackbots, now i remember

Teknoman

jigglywiggly said:

Right at the very end before the credits, Stephen Fry is talking about how you shouldn't hold back your ideas and how you should nurture your creativity, because "maybe you'll see them again next time you visit LittleBigPlanet", and the game finishes with a long shot of the trademark LBP tree.

Except it's not the trademark tree, it's different. It's been altered to look like it's been melded with a microchip. Are they hinting at something new coming? Maybe new gadgets or something? Maybe another portable title with THIS in the logo?

Its probably just showing how advanced Little Big Planet has become since they added microchips among other things.

D-Pad

Don't have LBP 2 yet, but my ma made me something to hold me over 'til I'm able to afford it. :DDD

FYvxPl.jpg

Thanks Ma! ^___________^

mclem

jigglywiggly said:

Hate to disappoint you, but...

I'm pretty sure the microchip-style tree is just the LBP2 logo. It's on the exclusive launch week t-shirt

Docpan

Why won't the damn game connect to ANYBODY online? I have NAT type 2 settings, everything is good, so what's the problem?

I'm also disappointed that the game does not support 1080i, because 720 looks horrid on my tv, but a game with this much potential seemed worth the purchase.

Played a bit of single player, and I can tell this is a much better "game" than the first, which I quickly lost interest in.

ruffles

Docpan said:
Why won't the damn game connect to ANYBODY online? I have NAT type 2 settings, everything is good, so what's the problem?

Are you playing with friends or randoms? I played with 2 other people online with me as the host and we didn't have many problems other than the infinite loading screen

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If I put a battery in a sequencer, and make them both equally wide, shouldn't that battery give a signal for the whole duration of the sequence? Well, that doesn't happen. The battery just gives a short burst (like 1/10 of a second) when it first gets activated, then nothing.

Docpan said:

I haven't had any problems initially connecting to people, but then I usually get the infinite loading screen after a while.

Ranger X

Docpan said:

I'm also disappointed that the game does not support 1080i, because 720 looks horrid on my tv, but a game with this much potential seemed worth the purchase.

Played a bit of single player, and I can tell this is a much better "game" than the first, which I quickly lost interest in.

How come upscaled 1080i would look better than 720p?

Crakatak187 said:
Online co-op is flaky on my end.

It's flaky on everyones end. You're the only person my game has sort of connected with and you still couldn't even enter the level, it just loaded forever. I could sort of hear you over the mic though, so that's a step up from the other ~30 times I've tried it.

ijed

RoadHazard said:
If I put a battery in a sequencer, and make them both equally wide, shouldn't that battery give a signal for the whole duration of the sequence? Well, that doesn't happen. The battery just gives a short burst (like 1/10 of a second) when it first gets activated, then nothing.

Should work - what's it connected to? Also do you have the sequencer at the start? Press Square on the left side of the sequencer to reset the position.

Ferrio

Banned
Here's what I'm working on. I'm getting good progress. (Odd the glass missing in the screenshot... weird). Also why can't you do screenshots in create mode...

f8bcbaf70d33da3b6020bdf9721e2959013ff98f.jpg

-Main structure is complete, lights up, scores and sounds work.

Things to do:
-Have the cameras follow the puck.
-Make the mechanism to throw the puck
-Tweak settings on the puck, make sure it behaves decently.. I think some parts of the board might not be right... so I gotta compensate
-*maybe* add the price is right theme (I can't read sheet music and I'm tone deaf. Hoping I can get help on this one)
-An opening.

I'm talking to a group of 5 people and none of us have been able to play online with anyone since launch. Pretty much full on broken IMO. Also, FUUUUU I was going to make a Plinko Table.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Haha. I'm at the last boss and someone was going to join my game... until they likely saw that it was the last boss then they bailed on me :(

I played with randoms for the first time online tonight. I got in a group of 4 with people to get the 4x thing in one of the Eve levels. Then, I played with one person on a level in The Factory of Tomorrow. I ended the night with another random in Bang for Buck. We both got our extra controllers and tried to do the 4x thing. We got up to 3x, and then we kept on dieing trying to do the 4x. We almost had it the last time, but the game went to loading, and I exited the game. It was pretty neat, though. I was Ratchet, and when I joined the game the other dude changed to Clank, heh. It's little things like that that just makes you smile. Also, besides that random loading issue, the game ran fine online.

kairu

http://lbp.me/v/wy7drb

Go play my metal gear level - I'm doing the snake voice. Ha.

My plan is to eventually have the whole first MGS game. Please check it out!

Oh, lbp.me may be my favorite part of the game. You can add levels to your queue so they are waiting for you the next time you turn the game on! Brilliant!

Ranger X

kairu said:
http://lbp.me/v/wy7drb

Go play my metal gear level - I'm doing the snake voice. Ha.

My plan is to eventually have the whole first MGS game. Please check it out!

Oh, lbp.me may be my favorite part of the game. You can add levels to your queue so they are waiting for you the next time you turn the game on! Brilliant!

You should post your level (or any recommendation really) there:

LittleBigPlanet |OT| The Community Levels Thread

:)

ijed

MiamiWesker said:
^ will do.

So no one knows how create a sense of inverted gravity?

Easiest way could be to rotate the camera 180 degrees. ;)

With a sackbot you'd need a mover constantly pushing the sackboy up towards the roof whenever he's not jumping (NOT gate and mover on jump button would do this), then when you jump a mover to move him down.
also need a Gyroscope to point him downwards.

Edit: Also all these Create mode questions in this and the recommendations thread - do we need another thread? Was thinking a 'Create thread for Colab and Q&A' in the community section would be good - requesting tunes/artwork for levels, promoting synergy and shit.

UFRA

Slurmer said:
just played through the first group of story levels. adorable.

You haven't seen anything adorable yet.

World 2 is just full of charm. :p

It's by far my favorite part so far, although I'm only into World 4 so far.

IMACOMPUTA

IMACOMPUTA said:
So i asked earlier in the thread, and no one seemed to know what i was talking about..
but:

WHAT THE F*%@ is this ANNOYING black rear-view mirror looking thing that is always in the way of text/other stuff?!??
And how do i get rid of it?
img_07369rs0.jpg

EDIT Also, is there any way to get that pre-order Gonzo costume? Man, I would love to have that!

Anybody? This is driving me nuts. I don't know how to get rid of it. It's always there... I don't even know what to search on google to find answers.. I've tried everything!
Seriously ruining the game for me...

Teknoman

It looks like a text warning pop up? Do you have a keyboard or something plugged in? Maybe try signing out of PSN while playing?

IMACOMPUTA

Teknoman said:
It looks like a text warning pop up? Do you have a keyboard or something plugged in? Maybe try signing out of PSN while playing?
Yeah it does look like that. Weird thing is, when a message is displayed there, it shrinks a little and moves to the side until the message is closed.

I don't have anything plugged in to the ps3.....

Well I found a decent solution to the problem I think and I'm pretty impressed with set-up and logic you can do. I put a three-way switch up to a sequencer, and each slot on that is connect to a circuit board with an array of emitters. The emitters are connect to a randomizer and each emitter is set to a different speed within a range. So you can select relative power and it's slightly random within each power selection.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone know how to make a camera that follows an object? Right now I'm using movie cameras and a proximity sensor with an and gate but it's wonky at best. I need to find out how these damn cameras work exactly, what's local space do?

donkey show said:
Using a directional combiner will do the trick. Connect the output of that to a counter. Anything connected to the input of the + will add and anything connected to the minus will subtract from the counter.

And I'm pretty close to finishing the game. Will start creating soon. =)

I ended up making a timer set to a randomizer (which was set to three different "attacks"). When the timer was filled, I had it activate a second timer. This timer was the cool down period and when it was filled I connected it to the bottom of the first timer, resetting it and starting the sequence all over again. Is there an easier way to do this? If I were to use a counter, what could I use to activate it for attack patterns?

Also, since you're the pro, what's an effective way to make enemy weapons? Right now I'm just trying to learn the system, so my enemy just changes into a hazardous material and runs faster at me. What's a good way to have him shoot stuff? An emitter seems too random to create any reliable attack.

Ferrio said:
Anyone know how to make a camera that follows an object? Right now I'm using movie cameras and a proximity sensor with an and gate but it's wonky at best. I need to find out how these damn cameras work exactly, what's local space do?

Depends on how you're using it. I just slapped the game camera directly on the object and it's following it fine. I need to be there to push it though.

Mik2121

Woooohh finally got the game!

Anyway, I was now playing 'Tower of Whoop' and I'm at 95% of the goodies taken, missing one between Wooden Arm Piece and Illuminated D on the second row.

I have completed the stage a few times and i just can't find this one... so weird.

Never mind, found it now...

Ferrio

Banned
Tkawsome said:
Depends on how you're using it. I just slapped the game camera directly on the object and it's following it fine. I need to be there to push it though.

None of the chars will be anywhere near it.

ijed

Ferrio said:
Anyone know how to make a camera that follows an object? Right now I'm using movie cameras and a proximity sensor with an and gate but it's wonky at best. I need to find out how these damn cameras work exactly

From here:
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?44239-Sackbot-A.I-and-Logic-Tutorials
Sackbot Follow Cam
Put the DCS that you want Sackboy to sit in on a peice of Holo with Brightness at 0% and turn visible in playmode off in the DCS.
Put a Follow in the DCS set to max Speed and Follow Tag.
Simply put a Tag the same color/name of the Follower and it should follow.

Ferrio said:
what's local space do?
Moves an object based on it's orientation rather than according to the screen i.e rotate an object then try to move it right - in World space it will move to the right of the screen, in local space it will move whichever way the object thinks is right.

BobTheFork said:
Well I found a decent solution to the problem I think and I'm pretty impressed with set-up and logic you can do. I put a three-way switch up to a sequencer, and each slot on that is connect to a circuit board with an array of emitters. The emitters are connect to a randomizer and each emitter is set to a different speed within a range. So you can select relative power and it's slightly random within each power selection.
Check out - 'Control analog signal with digital signal and vice-versa' vid here for another possible method:
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sh...river-s-video-tutorials-from-beta(still-valid

Toki767

For some reason I'm having trouble acing the final stage even though it seems so easy. Stupid grappling hook always screws me over.

I still really like the game though.

Top Bottom