• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just plopped the game into my ps3

I have so many unlocked pins!!!! I have not played lbp in forever

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I added prizes, sound, new ball physics, a 25 slot power selector (hidden). That's about as far as I'm going to take this first table, but now I should be able make another one someone time much better. It helps that I'm unemployed right now : p

dralla

I love how you get power ups when you use switch stickers instead of prize bubbles. the helmet that shoots the hovering bounce pads = gdlk

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dralla said:
I love how you get power ups when you use switch stickers instead of prize bubbles. the helmet that shoots the hovering bounce pads = gdlk

Wait, what? All I got was the grabinator, creatinator (water, some pastry stuff), grapple. What level is this hovering bounce pad helmet on. o_O

Can't wait to attempt to recreate it... =/

MM not letting beta levels through is the most bizzaro change from LBP1's beta that they did for 2. WTF. :/

TheSeks said:
MM not letting beta levels through is the most bizzaro change from LBP1's beta that they did for 2. WTF. :/
Nah, there were a lot of fucked up glitches in the beta that would've moved through to retail if they did and GAF would be complaining like none other if that were the case. It's not all a lost cause considering I've just today figured out how to streamline a lot of that logic and it works much better already. =)

Grisby

MThanded said:
Just plopped the game into my ps3

I have so many unlocked pins!!!! I have not played lbp in forever

Yeah, that happened to me as well. I had a pretty good laugh at how many pins were popping up.

dralla

TheSeks said:
Wait, what? All I got was the grabinator, creatinator (water, some pastry stuff), grapple. What level is this hovering bounce pad helmet on. o_O

'fireflies when you're having fun' [world 5], switch sticker right in the beginning

there's also another one that shoots bombs in world 3 somewhere, forget which level exactly. you need a switch sticker for it too

ijed

dralla said:
there's also another one that shoots bombs in world 3 somewhere, forget which level exactly. you need a switch sticker for it too

Took a few goes to ace this one - that fireball shooting thing at the end of part 1 was such a pain >_<

MThanded said:
I have to go through all tutorials to build things?
nope. just go into the tutorial list. scroll down to the last one that unlocks all items. but you have to play a certain level in story mode to unlock create and community i think.

TheSeks

dralla said:
'fireflies when you're having fun' [world 5], switch sticker right in the beginning

I guess I'll need to check it out tomorrow.

MThanded said:
I have to go through all tutorials to build things?

No, but they help. (And have an achievement/trophy tied to going through them all)

ijed

MThanded said:
Hmm... think something glitched. I did that and nothing was unlocked.

Yeah happened to me then I did something and they all suddenly appeared ... was either watching one of the tutorials that has an exit (not the first couple) or changing my costume.

seady

Why are some of the Level Icons bigger with more flourishes, while some are just in plain circle?

There are also many other icons in LBP but the game never really explain what they stand for.

TheSeks

seady said:
Why are some of the Level Icons bigger with more flourishes, while some are just in plain circle?

MM picks (pink ribbon)
Versus levels (2-4 players competitive), sackbots.

What you're talking about?

Trying to build a lake is a whole lot harder than I could have possibly imagined.

Did MM finally give us the ability to have waters in containers/pour water physics or is it still "THE WHOLE LEVEL MUST BE DROWNEDED IN WATER!" Pirates of the Caribbean/water bullshit?

theBishop

Banned
Sony was smart to buy these guys. LBP2 is even more magic than that first game. Astounding additions to the tools, remarkable image quality gives a live diorama effect, high production story mode, crucial improvements to the community filtering. "MM Picks" is especially useful. I haven't played a bad map yet.

I finally beat the story mode and man, they added a perfect element to the end that the end of the first one was missing (in my opinion):
Stephen Fry encouraging the player to Create in the game. Seriously, that totally warmed my heart and I'm excited to get into what Create mode has to offer now in 2 compared to 1.

A useless question: Do any of the level stats from creations in LBP2 feed back to LBP1 for the trophy nonsense?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Stackboy said:
Can you do anything with pins or are they just another achievement?

All you can do with them is just set 3 to show with your profile thing.

It's basically just a way to add a whole shitload of achievements/trophies to the game. It makes sense since this is a game with a whole lot to do, and the standard amount of trophies can't cover everything. It's almost like a Valve game on Steam. I think it's a cool idea, not just for goals but as a way to track all of your progress.

TheSeks said:
Did MM finally give us the ability to have waters in containers/pour water physics or is it still "THE WHOLE LEVEL MUST BE DROWNEDED IN WATER!" Pirates of the Caribbean/water bullshit?
lol. still the same as lbp1.

TheSeks

donkey show said:
lol. still the same as lbp1.

SMH. I was excited for water and then it's all "WOOSH/DEWOOSH" water level manipulation and I was like "SMH MM. :|"

I mean doing a proper waterfall would be nice. Or pouring liquid/water through tubes to another area for puzzles would be nice as well. But I guess it would tax the PS3/LBP engine? I really wonder what the reason is.

TheSeks said:

As far as I know, no :(

Had some good times running through most of worlds 2 and 3 with a stranger.
Then I go somewhere with costumes, enter a level link for more costumes, and I get slapped with an infinite-loading bug.

Oh well still loving it.

I spent 20 minutes trying to get a camera to zoom in and out on a sackgirls chest to no avail. I'm going to stick to straight up platforming thank you very much.

MThanded

no seriously i cant build shit. errr how do i fix this. menu has no options just the tutorial.

RagnarokX

Lion Heart said:
I spent 20 minutes trying to get a camera to zoom in and out on a sackgirls chest to no avail. I'm going to stick to straight up platforming thank you very much.
I think you could just make a normal cutscene camera and a zoomed in cutscene camera with hard/soft pans; copy and paste those as many times as you want the effect. Then connect them all together in order. Each camera will trigger the next at the end of the duration you set, resulting in a zoom in zoom out effect. Just make sure the view of each camera is centered in the same place.

switch => zoomed out camera => zoomed in camera => zoomed out camera => zoomed in camera = zoomed out camera

MThanded

ok im pissed now. I cant build.

I already chose the thing at the bottom of the tutorials and I still cant build :-(

MThanded said:
ok im pissed now. I cant build.

I already chose the thing at the bottom of the tutorials and I still cant build :-(
Go to your moon, click an empty circle and start building? If you can't do this, you have to play some story mode levels first.

Lion Heart said:
You're doing it wrong, on many levels.

RagnarokX

MThanded said:
MM's level design is top notch
I broke a few of their levels. Specifically I broke the
robot turkey boss by causing Clive to not hit the lever that kills the turkey. The turkey just kept coming and started climbing the wall.
Mm apparently knew this could happen, though, cuz they put in a forced reset that triggered without dying.

This game is like magic. I haven't had this much fun in a long time in a platformer.

I loving World 3 so far. Those sackbot idea/level design puts a laugh and smile on my face.

LittleBigPlanet Wiki im sure it will full up in no time.

StevenI posted on LBPC
The brand new, definitive LittleBigPlanet Wiki is now live!

This much needed Wiki has been a long time coming, and with a little help from the community, the team at Media Molecule, and eventually you as well, we're now delighted to open it up to the LittleBigPlanet Community, ready to welcome your contributions.

This Wiki, much like LittleBigPlanet itself, is community-driven and will continue to expand and evolve thanks to the contributions of none other than yourselves, the LittleBigPlanet community.

We've been working hard on setting up the basic style and framework and getting started on oh so many great articles, however it's now down to you guys to help us fill in the gaps!

So what are you waiting for? It's time to dive in!

Here's some important links to help you get started...

Main Page | Help | Community Portal | Contact us

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything Wiki-related, then feel free to contact either myself or one of the other Wiki Staff Members and we'll do our best to help you.

Other than that, I hope that you all enjoy the brand new LittleBigPlanet Wiki and over time help build the Wiki into the number one source for all LittleBigPlanet information and education.

Finally myself and the rest of the Wiki team would like to send a big thank you to everyone who has helped put this project together.

Holguin86 and RoharDragontamer, my fellow Wiki Curators. This project would have been nothing without your hard work, direction and countless hours put into the Wiki.

Spaff and Tom, the Media Molecule Community Team. Big thank you for your support throughout helping us to build the Wiki, all done whilst working hard on LittleBigPlanet 2 itself.

ConfusedCartman, Aya042 and the team at LittleBigPlanetCentral. Without LittleBigPlanetCentral stepping in and offering to host the Wiki itself, we would have no place to even build this wonderful LittleBigPlanet encyclopedia.

The rest of the Wiki Moderation team, their support and contributions to the Wiki during these early stages were vital and as such, they're now members of the Wiki Team in their own right.

mclem

mr_boo said:
Never played LBP and loving LBP2, does anyone have highly recommendations on priced LBP DLC?

The three packs with playable levels (that aren't basically just galleries) are the Metal Gear Solid pack, the Pirates of the Carribean pack and the Marvel pack. Of those, I think I'd say that the Pirates pack is the weakest for gameplay, and I'd probably suggest that the Marvel is the best (although back in LBP MGS and Pirates came with new features and Marvel did now).

I've often been curious about the Incredibles pack, because how it's represented on the store implies it's something a bit more expansive than the plain galleries (Monster pack, History Pack).

Ferrio

Banned
Okay, my Plinko game is up... it's still very rough but works. Please test it out give me feed back (and tips!)

Queue it up here:
http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj

b14c92088cc52a8f9a89e2f1bad13ccc10ce271e.jpg

e5cbdbcfd28a5383b6e8a56156143f4aa368e395.jpg

Mik2121

Hey Ferrio, I just played your Plinko stage.

The game itself is pretty great, but right now the camera is sort of annoying (the way it cuts and moves to the next area).

Couldn't you make a way for it to slowly pan around instead of just changing the camera / camera location?.

Other thing I'd change is the time it takes for you to be able to throw the next ball.

Oh, and add music, right now it's a bit boring because of the music. Also add some sounds for when you get the 10k points. For 0 you have the 'fail' sound, but for 10k nothing.

EDIT - Also, make it possible to skip the intro. The first time it's fine, but having to watch it every single time you wanna play can get tiring :p

Otherwise a lot of fun :D

Edit 2 - Also check out the TOP score for your level :p

Beat story mode last night and had a blast with it. MM did a much better job than the first game by adding variety and bosses to the levels. I couldn't wait what was waiting for me as I progressed. I will say that the music was better in the LBP1 though.

iratA

Anyone know if its possible to edit a level you have already published without losing your existing hearts, comments, etc. ? As I understand it you need to move the level back to your moon to edit it then republish it correct? or am I doing it wrong.

CSSer

donkey show, I'm trying to imitate something similar to the animation you've done with your awesome fist of craft earth beta level >___>

I'm using a sequencer with batteries, hooked up to each frame of animation. I glue each of the frames together, each on the same layer.

I want to display the animation relative to where sackboy sits on a controllinator. Right now, I'm just attaching an invisible rod to the animation from the seat, so the animation basically follows where sackboy moves. The problem with this is it all looks like one huge mess in create mode.

Is there any other way to display an animation relative to sackboy in a movable/rotatable controllinator?

I've tried emitting the animation, but it looks weird with the ignore parent velocity option.

Top Bottom