• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

jiggles

Banned
Hologram is the material of gods, but I wish it had a few extra options, like a 3-setting collision option, where we could set it to collide with either nothing, everything, or just other holograms.

Tinabina

guys I'm stuck :(
when i go to play i am in my pod but it's like there is something in the way, i cant see myself but i can hear myself moving and when the square shows up for me to control my pod and i press it nothing happens. i wanna play!!

STG

Ferrio said:
Okay, my Plinko game is up... it's still very rough but works. Please test it out give me feed back (and tips!)

Queue it up here:
http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj
The ball can get stuck in the upper left. I attached a screenshot on that stage so you can see where :) but overall I like the level
I also wrote that in the review field

tinabina said:
guys I'm stuck :(
when i go to play i am in my pod but it's like there is something in the way, i cant see myself but i can hear myself moving and when the square shows up for me to control my pod and i press it nothing happens. i wanna play!!
quit game, log out, start up again, log back into PSN.

iratA said:
Anyone know if its possible to edit a level you have already published without losing your existing hearts, comments, etc. ? As I understand it you need to move the level back to your moon to edit it then republish it correct? or am I doing it wrong.
You can edit the level on your moon and publish it again without losing anything.

The only time you'll lose existing hearts, reviews, and comments for sure is by deleting the level from that Earth slot. Since it's possible to have multiple copies of the same level on your moon, you're still probably safe publishing another level onto the same Earth slot without losing stuff.

Ranger X

TheSeks said:
SMH. I was excited for water and then it's all "WOOSH/DEWOOSH" water level manipulation and I was like "SMH MM. :|"

I mean doing a proper waterfall would be nice. Or pouring liquid/water through tubes to another area for puzzles would be nice as well. But I guess it would tax the PS3/LBP engine? I really wonder what the reason is.

True liquids = extremely taxing. IT IS the only reason why it's not in there.

mclem

What are the ways an LBP level can fail to play properly in LBP2? I'm aware of the jetpack problem mentioned elsewhere, and I think there's some issues with lighting, but are there any others?

I was playing Platform Madness earlier (a level from ages ago; Community Spotlight 13 on LBPC, I think), and the second boss wouldn't die in LBP2. I'm not sure if that's a bug in the level, or a problem with the compatability; I hadn't heard much about *logic* issues with LBP imports, but I imagine they're possible.

I tried it again in LBP1, and it worked fine, but I'd prefer not to keep having to switch blu-rays!

RagnarokX said:
I think you could just make a normal cutscene camera and a zoomed in cutscene camera with hard/soft pans; copy and paste those as many times as you want the effect. Then connect them all together in order. Each camera will trigger the next at the end of the duration you set, resulting in a zoom in zoom out effect. Just make sure the view of each camera is centered in the same place.

switch => zoomed out camera => zoomed in camera => zoomed out camera => zoomed in camera = zoomed out camera
Thanks, I didnt add a switch, cause I wanted the camera to trigger when the player was near it, thats probably why it didn't work.

Ranger X

mclem said:
What are the ways an LBP level can fail to play properly in LBP2? I'm aware of the jetpack problem mentioned elsewhere, and I think there's some issues with lighting, but are there any others?

I was playing Platform Madness earlier (a level from ages ago; Community Spotlight 13 on LBPC, I think), and the second boss wouldn't die in LBP2. I'm not sure if that's a bug in the level, or a problem with the compatability; I hadn't heard much about *logic* issues with LBP imports, but I imagine they're possible.

I tried it again in LBP1, and it worked fine, but I'd prefer not to keep having to switch blu-rays!

Yes there are certain logic issues. Like if you used captured paint to activate paint switches, some times the captured stuff doesn't work right anymore. I also saw switches that doesn't work anymore for X reason (per example, in Sea Dragon from CuzFeeshe, the submarine get hit and doesn't lose hp anymore). This also goes for captured logic that is emitted. I also found levels with objects (or ground parts) that disapeared, sounding like reading error when LBP2 imported the file.

No seriously, LBP1 compatibility is a mess. As soon as you pushed the visuals and/or logic in LBP1, your level is fucked in LBP2.

I got 100% of the prize bubbles last night. So, I'm done with the story mode, except for winning 10 times against someone offline in versus levels. Though, I love the story mode so much, I won't mind helping out my select few friends who need help. I just <3 <3 <3 LBP2. :D

lastinline said:
I got 100% of the prize bubbles last night. So, I'm done with the story mode, except for winning 10 times against someone offline in versus levels. Though, I love the story mode so much, I won't mind helping out my select few friends who need help. I just <3 <3 <3 LBP2. :D
does that include acing all the story levels?

Oni Jazar

I'm having a hard time getting accustomed to the grappling hook. You can't swing without retracting or extending the hook line? There are a few objects in the beginning levels that I can't reach because of the grappling... :/

AndyD

aka andydumi
Oni Jazar said:
I'm having a hard time getting accustomed to the grappling hook. You can't swing without retracting or extending the hook line? There are a few objects in the beginning levels that I can't reach because of the grappling... :/

Same here. I was told to let go and re-grapple in order to get more momentum.

But I agree that having both swing and length of the rope on the same left analog stick is a weird choice. I cant swing left/right as the rope gets shorter, rendering the swing useless.

mr_boo

mclem said:
The three packs with playable levels (that aren't basically just galleries) are the Metal Gear Solid pack, the Pirates of the Carribean pack and the Marvel pack. Of those, I think I'd say that the Pirates pack is the weakest for gameplay, and I'd probably suggest that the Marvel is the best (although back in LBP MGS and Pirates came with new features and Marvel did now).

I've often been curious about the Incredibles pack, because how it's represented on the store implies it's something a bit more expansive than the plain galleries (Monster pack, History Pack).
Thanks for the feedback. I actually got the Incredibles pack yesterday and though the only thing I noticed was the 9 new costumes. If there is any new levels, I'm not sure how/where to access those. I'll take a look around later tonight after work and report back.

r.gun

Neo Member
AndyD said:
Same here. I was told to let go and re-grapple in order to get more momentum.

But I agree that having both swing and length of the rope on the same left analog stick is a weird choice. I cant swing left/right as the rope gets shorter, rendering the swing useless.

If you're careful, you can swing left and right without changing the length of the rope. I find that looking at the analog stick, while I am moving it helps, just to make sure it is completely centered.

With that said, it is harder than it probably should be.

r.gun said:
If you're careful, you can swing left and right without changing the length of the rope. I find that looking at the analog stick, while I am moving it helps, just to make sure it is completely centered.

With that said, it is harder than it probably should be.

Yeah with stages where you're liable to get killed by something if you don't get a move on grappling can be a serious pain.

Ferrio

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Hey Ferrio, I just played your Plinko stage.

The game itself is pretty great, but right now the camera is sort of annoying (the way it cuts and moves to the next area).

Couldn't you make a way for it to slowly pan around instead of just changing the camera / camera location?.

Ya I'd like to do that, cameras are just damn annoying and don't seem to work the way I think they would. Simple stuff like turning them off (or turning anything off). I figure just sending a 0 signal to them should... but doesn't seem to work.

Other thing I'd change is the time it takes for you to be able to throw the next ball.

Ya, something happened caused there to be a delay between scoring and that.

Oh, and add music, right now it's a bit boring because of the music. Also add some sounds for when you get the 10k points. For 0 you have the 'fail' sound, but for 10k nothing.

Ya maybe I'll turn on a default music during the game. Didn't notice I didn't add a sound for 10k... i have sounds for all the other scores.

EDIT - Also, make it possible to skip the intro. The first time it's fine, but having to watch it every single time you wanna play can get tiring :p

Will do, have to wrestle with the camera.

I've been having a weird bug in the creation side. Several times now I have placed a large array of emitters and placed the spawn point of each when all of the spawn points move to a location all the way across the level. To took me forever to figure it out too: for the longest time I thought they just stopped working.

Just finished the Story mode and OH.MY.GOD @ The ideas they got this time :O

UNBELIEVABLE o_O"

I never expected it to be this great.... wow I'm completely blown away !!

MM has proven itself even more with LBP2 to be one of the best developers in the industry... I need to a new IP from them to see what they could bring us :D

HankToms

Oni Jazar said:

I found that shortening the hook when going from around 5 o'clock to 8 o'clock helps give you an increase in speed then you let go around 9 o'clock and you can get a ton more air by repeating the same process swinging both ways. the longer the rope, the easier it is to gain speed this way.

Am I doing this wrong or is it a major pain in the ass to have something simply move up and down in free space. I want to make a flying enemy that moves in a very simple up and down pattern but everything i use does not move up and down at the same rate. Gravity affects it, the weight of the material effects it. I have to play with anti grav and dampening forever to get something that is even but its never perfect. The one material that simply floats, the dark matter, does not move.

dralla

o god I want an expansion pack for this so bad. I want a whole new world from MM, none of the creation pack stuff like LBP got. MM levels are on a different level and i need moar.

and the final boss,
i figured out that you don't need to dodge the purple lazers, the only thing that can hurt you is the explosions when they hit the ground. and the cakes, you can throw them and hit the buttons, you don't need to jump on the cake than onto his head. I didn't realize either of these things the first time I fought him.

haha, the level I made in the LBP1 beta now finally works in LBP2, it never did in LBP1 (could not even load it in the editor). I hope people don't hate me for re-publishing it, pure nostalgia for me now, I made it from the limited beta objects and published it October 2008 :D

Ranger X

MiamiWesker said:
Am I doing this wrong or is it a major pain in the ass to have something simply move up and down in free space. I want to make a flying enemy that moves in a very simple up and down pattern but everything i use does not move up and down at the same rate. Gravity affects it, the weight of the material effects it. I have to play with anti grav and dampening forever to get something that is even but its never perfect. The one material that simply floats, the dark matter, does not move.

You might simply want to go the old way and use a piston. Pistons will go up and down at the same speed. And as long as the thing you attach to it isn't in dark or light matter, you're good to go.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Does anybody know where I can find good pictures of replicated retro games? I already have halfway decent Mario and Sonic pictures, but was looking for good Zelda, Pacman, Tetris, etc. Need to make a mock ad for one of my classes. Any helps appreciated :)!

Stampy

World is cruel, this must be a joke. Arghhhh! I got shipped a wrong game. :( I was so fervently following the tracking record just to receive stupid CoD game. AAAAAAAAA!!!

Stampy said:
World is cruel, this must be a joke. Arghhhh! I got shipped a wrong game. :( I was so fervently following the tracking record just to receive stupid CoD game. AAAAAAAAA!!!

who did you get it from time to pop to shop?

Ranger X said:
You might simply want to go the old way and use a piston. Pistons will go up and down at the same speed. And as long as the thing you attach to it isn't in dark or light matter, you're good to go.

But it looks ugly. :(

Yeah that is probably the way to go.

Madman

MiamiWesker said:
But it looks ugly. :(

Yeah that is probably the way to go.
Attach an anti gravity tweaker to the enemy with anti gravity set to 100%. Then, place a sequencer on the enemy. Then, take two movers and put them on the sequencer microchip board side by side. Set both movers to 100% acceleration and 100% deceleration. Then, have one mover set to 4(or whatever number you want) on the up/down setting and the other mover set to -4(or whatever number you want) on the up/down setting. Make sure the sequencer is on repeat, and that should be it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
SolidusDave said:
haha, the level I made in the LBP1 beta now finally works in LBP2, it never did in LBP1 (could not even load it in the editor). I hope people don't hate me for re-publishing it, pure nostalgia for me now, I made it from the limited beta objects and published it October 2008 :D
similar thing happened to me. I had a level I published Oct 2008 and I swear it worked originally but a later update must have broken it. I was doing something wonky with emitters because I think the option of 'don't delete current items' or whatever it was called didn't exist at the time. And I had a ton of comments telling me my level was broken.

So. over 2 years later, I flipped one option and republished and now its fixed :D

CozMick

Banned
Oh for fucks sake.

I am sick to death of the glitchy shit in this game.

Now my Community Scoreboard 2% is fucked, says I have 3 of 2 and hasn't unlocked.

AndyD

aka andydumi
CozMick said:
Oh for fucks sake.

I am sick to death of the glitchy shit in this game.

Now my Community Scoreboard 2% is fucked, says I have 3 of 2 and hasn't unlocked.

One of mine is same. Shows 6/5 and is still locked. Not sure if its a bug or what.

Oh and is anyone elses recent activity not working. Its been like 3 days since mine worked. All I get is a news item that talks about web privacy. It states mine is set to off when it is not.

mclem

CozMick said:

Er, no, that's right.

You're in the top 3%, you need to be in the top 2%. That unlocks when your value drops *below* the target.

I was 6/5 for the 5% one for story levels. It actually unlocked while I was in the pod; I guess more people played it worse than me in the intervening time, moving me up to 5%.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ferrio said:
Okay, my Plinko game is up... it's still very rough but works. Please test it out give me feed back (and tips!)

Queue it up here:
http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj

b14c92088cc52a8f9a89e2f1bad13ccc10ce271e.jpg

e5cbdbcfd28a5383b6e8a56156143f4aa368e395.jpg

WILL PLAY.

CozMick

Banned
mclem said:
Er, no, that's right.

You're in the top 3%, you need to be in the top 2%. That unlocks when your value drops *below* the target.

I was 6/5 for the 5% one for story levels. It actually unlocked while I was in the pod; I guess more people played it worse than me in the intervening time, moving me up to 5%.

Now I feel like such a clown :p

Thanks for the info mclem, appreciate it. all is forgiven MM.

I actually just finished playing the shit out of Blast Radius, finished easily in the top 2% and it unlocked. phew!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Phaethon0017 said:
izurs4.jpg

343rrld.jpg

I love this game!

Can sackbots be dressed up like other Sackboys/girls? Using the outfits we collect?

Also I hate how the voice over calls Sackboy Sackthing, my wife noticed and now it bothers both of us. Sackperson would have been better.

Ranger X

MiamiWesker said:
Oh and is anyone elses recent activity not working. Its been like 3 days since mine worked. All I get is a news item that talks about web privacy. It states mine is set to off when it is not.

Right now Media Molecule said they are hard at work on the server/online side of things. They received an unexpectedly high load of players since launch (this is a positive at least!). In the case here, I am pretty sure they temporary turn off certain stuff, test some others and they might also cause temporary bugs here and there depending what they are messing with. All of this was happening in LBP1 too, from time to time, when they needed to upgrade or patch stuff on their side. I guess we will have to live with it for now. One thing is for sure at least: Media Molecule always update and work on fixing stuff. They did it for LBP1 so I it will be the same for LBP2 I guess.

Top Bottom