• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

AndyD said:
Can sackbots be dressed up like other Sackboys/girls? Using the outfits we collect?

Also I hate how the voice over calls Sackboy Sackthing, my wife noticed and now it bothers both of us. Sackperson would have been better.
yeah. you can dress them up.

Bebpo

Banned
Ranger X said:
Right now Media Molecule said they are hard at work on the server/online side of things. They received an unexpectedly high load of players since launch (this is a positive at least!). In the case here, I am pretty sure they temporary turn off certain stuff, test some others and they might also cause temporary bugs here and there depending what they are messing with. All of this was happening in LBP1 too, from time to time, when they needed to upgrade or patch stuff on their side. I guess we will have to live with it for now. One thing is for sure at least: Media Molecule always update and work on fixing stuff. They did it for LBP1 so I it will be the same for LBP2 I guess.

I'm guessing it's tough on them and the servers because not only do you have high sales of LBP2 so more people playing on the servers, but now that PS3 is hacked and there are dozens of thousands of people playing the pirated version online, that online user # is going to be MUCH higher than LBP1.

mclem

AndyD said:
Also I hate how the voice over calls Sackboy Sackthing, my wife noticed and now it bothers both of us. Sackperson would have been better.

That's just Larry, he isn't troubled by such things as proper monikers!

Dug

Banned
Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but this thing looks rather similar to a creeper....
b40113e10b7beebf0c5e9197ac474bf2961e0ef3.jpg

You can find this in the level named Rocket Funland, which is located in The Cosmos
(I didn't find this though, someone else did.)

Dug said:
Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but this thing looks rather similar to a creeper....
[http://i0.lbp.me/img/ft/b40113e10b7beebf0c5e9197ac474bf2961e0ef3.jpg[/IMG]

You can find this in the level named Rocket Funland, which is located in The Cosmos
(I didn't find this though, someone else did.)
I haven't played Minecraft so pardon my ignorance, but is a creep SUPPOSED to look like nothing but a big green penis?

This is a general question, I am not working on this but I want to know for the future, how do you make a scrolling level?

Is the player in one restricted spot and the level is the one scrolling or is something pushing the player forward through the level?

Septimus

This game is freakin' amazing. Love it to death! The only thing I don't like is how they removed the camera zoom to the winner of a stage.

Well a top-down beat em up sounds more unique so you may want to go with that but personally I am a shooter guy, I like the tired and true side scrolling shooting levels.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw the beta video of that beat em up level, DO THAT!

MiamiWesker said:
Well a top-down beat em up sounds more unique so you may want to go with that but personally I am a shooter guy, I like the tired and true side scrolling shooting levels.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw the beta video of that beat em up level, DO THAT!
LOL, fair enough.

Bebpo

Banned
World 4 has been a lot of fun so far. The 2nd stage with the camel was AWESOME. omgggg.

So much variety in the first 4 worlds so far. Been loving every minute of the main campaign that I play in between community levels.

Ranger X

MiamiWesker said:
This is a general question, I am not working on this but I want to know for the future, how do you make a scrolling level?

Is the player in one restricted spot and the level is the one scrolling or is something pushing the player forward through the level?

Normally I would say it's the level that moves. You have example of this in the story mode and if you want another type of scrolling level, check my level called "Crazy Train".

4efb653170c0777eef3bab92fdf96a9fed4cf39c.png

http://lbp.me/v/pkbvvg

It's an "infinite scrolling" level and with 3 layers scrolling at different speeds.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Can someone explain why the Grabinator's animation (specifically when picking up things) sucks? Is it an homage to something I'm not aware of? because it's kinda awkwards and stands out in a game lauded for its attention to detail.

I know I'm nitpicking, but it's the type of thing that is annoying me for some reason more that it should.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I beat da vinci's hideout and still cant build??????

WTF!!!

I think my game is glitched. I opted to bypass the tutorials and already beat da vinci's hideout and still cant build. What the hell?

Jinfash said:
Can someone explain why the Grabinator's animation (specifically when picking up things) sucks? Is it an homage to something I'm not aware of? because it's kinda awkwards and stands out in a game lauded for its attention to detail.

I know I'm nitpicking, but it's the type of thing that is annoying me for some reason more that it should.
Ever play Super Mario 2 US and you pick up turnips and shit from the ground?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL3Jc0isF0

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
donkey show said:
Ever play Super Mario 2 US and you pick up turnips and shit from the ground?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL3Jc0isF0
I thought of the same thing before posting that reply and literally checked the same video you linked to lol, but even SMB2 had more animation frames when picking objects :(

It's not a big deal of course, but I can't seem to silence a small voice inside of me screaming "WHY?!"

Loving everything else though.

Madman

Jinfash said:
I thought of the same thing before posting that reply and literally checked the same video you linked to lol, but even SMB2 had more animation frames when picking objects :(

It's not a big deal of course, but I can't seem to silence a small voice inside of me screaming "WHY?!"

Loving everything else though.
I think it's a result of how fast you pick things up. It's pretty much instant.

Mik2121

You know.. with all the people making shooters and whatnot, it seems like old classic sidescroller might become a novelty.

Hopefully I finish the story mode soon (100%'d everything, that is) so I can start building a level. Right now I've only 100%'d the first three worlds and I'm pretty damn close to finish the Avalonia world, but I'm missing the locked level you access from the first stage because I didn't have the sticker needed, but now that I do...

*plays level*

Oh wow, I just noticed the key I was missing was available even without the sticker. ffffuuu

GeoramA

Bebpo said:
World 4 has been a lot of fun so far. The 2nd stage with the camel was AWESOME. omgggg.

So much variety in the first 4 worlds so far. Been loving every minute of the main campaign that I play in between community levels.
Indeed. I loved the story Ievels in LBP, but MM has really stepped up their game here. I'm only on the 3rd world, but I've Aced and 100 percented the first 2. I'm loving all the costumes you can unlock.

Mik2121

GeoramA said:
Indeed. I loved the story Ievels in LBP, but MM has really stepped up their game here. I'm only on the 3rd world, but I've Aced and 100 percented the first 2. I'm loving all the costumes you can unlock.
Just wait for world 4.. you will unlock some really awesome costumes :D

(Also, I just 100%'d it.. yay!)

Mik2121

Man, trying to ace World 4's
Where In The World Is Avalon Centrifuge
is a bitch. Last try I got up to the end and a very small accident made me trip all the way down and die.. This level is way too long and so easy to make a small miss that will make you repeat it from the beginning...

Ughhh :(

Edit - Finally I aced it!.

Edit 2 - Oh wow, I was using one of the costumes I got on World 4, the 'Andreas Umbrella' and I just noticed that when you make the happy face, the umbrella opens! :O

Normal face vs Happy face:

874fc35d10faae51198501126932d02ef47fa28b.jpg

df72422c2a43784d2e4a450f5cbee37ec58c5e52.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Okay, my plinko level has been updated.
b14c92088cc52a8f9a89e2f1bad13ccc10ce271e.jpg

http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj

Changes:
-Pucks should no longer stick to sides
-Puck is larger
-Puck now has chaotic element, no more "sweet spot"
-You can shut Bob Barker up with Circle
-Bonus point system reworked.
-Cameras a bit better, but need a complete overhaul.

Please test it and more feedback would be nice.

MThanded

Any good idea on how to make an object spawn with a random tag

My failed method : Battery-> randomizer -> tags attached to an object ( lump this in with the object)

Whenever i emit the object from an emitter none of the tags light up. My hope was an emit would allow each object to have its own random instance and therefore its own random tag. Any other ideas.

Demigod Mac

LBP1 import question:

Let's say you import your LBP1 profile, play LBP2 for a while, then go back and unlock some more items in LBP1. Can you re-import the profile to get your new stuff in LBP2?

CozMick

Banned
Demigod Mac said:
LBP1 import question:

Let's say you import your LBP1 profile, play LBP2 for a while, then go back and unlock some more items in LBP1. Can you re-import the profile to get your new stuff in LBP2?

Yes, the game recognises that things have updated in LBP1 and asks you to import.

Mik2121

Demigod Mac said:
LBP1 import question:

Yup.

If you press Start and go to Settings, there's an option under Profile that says 'Import Objects Collected in LittleBigPlanet' :) Just use it whenever you unlock new stuff in LBP1 and it will work.

MThanded said:
Any good idea on how to make an object spawn with a random tag

My failed method : Battery-> randomizer -> tags attached to an object ( lump this in with the object)

Whenever i emit the object from an emitter none of the tags light up. My hope was an emit would allow each object to have its own random instance and therefore its own random tag. Any other ideas.
What about a few different emitters in roughly the same location each emitting the object with a different tag as pre ser by you and all of those emitters hooked to the randomizer?

RagnarokX

Mik2121 said:
Yup.

If you press Start and go to Settings, there's an option under Profile that says 'Import Objects Collected in LittleBigPlanet' :) Just use it whenever you unlock new stuff in LBP1 and it will work.
Actually, I decided to go back and publish a level I was working on LBP1 as a beta for the remake I'm making in LBP2. When I put LBP2 back in it automatically prompted me to update my profile because I had changed something in the first game. That was nice.

ijed

Just got up to Higgenbotham - is that Ralph Brown who played Danny the Dealer from Withnail and I, and was also the head roadie in Wayne's World 2?

MThanded

innervision961 said:
What about a few different emitters in roughly the same location each emitting the object with a different tag as pre ser by you and all of those emitters hooked to the randomizer?
Yeah that was my fall back method. Was trying to stick to one emitter

mclem

Ranger X said:
Avalon was the easier world for me so far. (and am in the next world)
I got all items and aced everything almost first try!

A big factor is the fact that it's 'the vehicle world', for want of a better label, which means that all of a sudden you've got hitpoints, when you've previously been working and reacting to the assumption that a single hit will kill. That does make it a bit easier to ace than most others.

(Also, isn't it the first world in any PS3 LBP game which can have all the items collected solo?)

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
Avalon was the easier world for me so far. (and am in the next world)
I got all items and aced everything almost first try!
Really? I've not had many problems with the rest of the levels (though I still need to ace the last world, but then again I've had this game for just two days!), but the Full Metal Jacket level is just annoying. The rabbit is pretty hard to use compared to Sackboy itself, and sometimes the rabbit jump doesn't go as you expected.

Anyway, I will try again in a bit..

mclem said:
A big factor is the fact that it's 'the vehicle world', for want of a better label, which means that all of a sudden you've got hitpoints, when you've previously been working and reacting to the assumption that a single hit will kill. That does make it a bit easier to ace than most others.

(Also, isn't it the first world in any PS3 LBP game which can have all the items collected solo?)
Hardly doubt that. There's a 2x area on the first map 'Set The Controls For The Hart Of The Negativitron' (part 2).

Mik2121 said:
Really? I've not had many problems with the rest of the levels (though I still need to ace the last world, but then again I've had this game for just two days!), but the Full Metal Jacket level is just annoying. The rabbit is pretty hard to use compared to Sackboy itself, and sometimes the rabbit jump doesn't go as you expected.

That level is what made me give up trying to ace every level. I could *probably* do it, but the level is just so not fun I don't even want to try. Hate the rabbit! HATE IT!

Mik2121

ThirstyFly said:
That level is what made me give up trying to ace every level. I could *probably* do it, but the level is just so not fun I don't even want to try. Hate the rabbit! HATE IT!
Also the fact that it dies in one hit is just so much bullshit. That's why I can't seem to ace this level... bad controls + one hit death (I know Sackboy dies in one hit too, but it's not the same thing to hit a little sack thing than a huge furball.

MThanded

Man I am loving this new logic. Going to be making a crapload of levels. Working on a fully microchipped simon says level right now.

Still not sure how some of these gates work with intermittent logic. for example i had a battery on a sequencer connected to a randomizer when the battery was lit the randomizer just acted like a toggle(turned all connected outputs on or off) ... not what i expected. Was hoping it would enable a random output.

jayb

Why the heck didn't they make Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves online? so stupid for something that REQUIRES co-op. My wife refuses to play it with me. :(

mclem

Mik2121 said:
Hardly doubt that. There's a 2x area on the first map 'Set The Controls For The Hart Of The Negativitron' (part 2).

Ah, crossed wires at some level. I was talking about Avalonia, which is what Ranger X said, but looking at *your* post he was replying to, you were talking about Full Metal Rabbit which is in The Cosmos.

On the subject of Full Metal Rabbit, I've aced it, but the big issues I had weren't with the rabbit, but were instead with the first, on-foot portion of the level. I had quite a few deaths which I'd regard as unfair, including dying three times to the spiked parts of an exploding tower randomly flying into me. Bah.

Mik2121

mclem said:
Ah, crossed wires at some level. I was talking about Avalonia, which is what Ranger X said, but looking at *your* post he was replying to, you were talking about Full Metal Rabbit which is in The Cosmos.
Aaahh my bad, my bad. Yeah, Avalonia was pretty easy, sorry.

But Full Metal Rabbit is just so damn hard...

EDIT - Third time this happens. I come to GAF to bitch about some level, and just a bit later I get to ace it (though I started bitching about this one a while ago :p)

Oh and I just aced everything, yay!

Mik2121

dk_ said:
So i bought LBP 2 EU and I can't import my LBP US save with all my stuff. I'm fucked, right?
I'd think so, yeah. That's why I waited a bit to get my US LBP2 copy, so I could get all the stuff from my US LBP1 game.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I want to know as well. I'm glad they took care of it and it ends all the loading issues.
So far I've connected with two people, that's up from Zero since last Thursday.

However, one kicked me (hoping it was because I didn't have any cool costumes like he did) and another joined me automatically in the pod ( I set everything to automatically join), once we were in the level, he left.
Maybe he didn't like the level I chose?

Anyhow, it appears to be workig better from my end although at the moment it's inconclusive since I haven't actually played a level with anyone yet.

Also, it seems many people are just auto-rejecting, so it's difficult to find people.

Incitemaybe said:
So far I've connected with two people, that's up from Zero since last Thursday.

However, one kicked me (hoping it was because I didn't have any cool costumes like he did) and another joined me automatically in the pod ( I set everything to automatically join), once we were in the level, he left.
Maybe he didn't like the level I chose?

Anyhow, it appears to be workig better from my end although at the moment it's inconclusive since I haven't actually played a level with anyone yet.

Also, it seems many people are just auto-rejecting, so it's difficult to find people.
they want to play alone. i still think that it shouldn't bother trying to connect with people that have it set to auto reject unless people are rejecting others manually.

Top Bottom