• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Ferrio said:
Make an exact duplicate of the object. (aka capture it twice)

edit: Actually maybe not, this hurts my brain thinking about it.

Hmm, how about create a version of the object that cant emit, save it. Now with the one that does emit put the one that doesn't emit as the object to emit, now save that one. Now make a copy and put him to emit, the one that emits, save it. Now I would have to play to see how it reacts but then change the one that emitted the one with no emiter to the one with the emiter. Not sure if it would loop but it might.

EDIT: Damn you Donkey. So much easier.

HankToms

If I backup my LBP2 data on a usb, and bring it to a friend's ps3 and log in on my account, can we play using all my outfits I have on my account? Other option would be lugging my ps3 over to his place to play if that's not possible.

HankToms said:
If I backup my LBP2 data on a usb, and bring it to a friend's ps3 and log in on my account, can we play using all my outfits I have on my account? Other option would be lugging my ps3 over to his place to play if that's not possible.
That's not possible. It won't let you use the outfits unless you've purchased and downloaded them onto the machine you're playing on. Option 2 is the way to go.

MiamiWesker said:
EDIT: Damn you Donkey. So much easier.

=P

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
When people leave sad faces and no comments I am a sad panda. I wonder if they had a problem with the difficulty or just did not enjoy the level.

MThanded

Ferrio said:
Plays on my level starting to drop hardcore :(. Man I was hoping to get 1000 plays :(
I am trying to get some plays on my level. I should have published during peak hours instead of the morning.

What the hell happened to my lbp1 level. I thought they were still up. I had not opened the game in forever but when I first booted up lbp2 I had 1,298 hearts from that single level. However, for some reason that level was not even reachable or published. Truthfully, the level was a piece of crap but I got the game a week before release date(before the music fiasco delayed the release) and I published a 2d racing level very early on. The cars were horribly built and you would flip over unless you had great throttle control.... despite all that my level still gained me a crapload of hearts.

After four hours in create mode I've realised I just can't wrap my head around stuff like motors and the controllinator. I finally got a minecart that moved when you sat in it. God knows how to make it jump right. Tried a block underneath attached with a piston hooked up to the X button but it wasn't working right at all. Hmm.

I just don't have a problem solving mind for stuff like that.

And I can barely understand the logic gate tutorials either. >_< I'm a right dumbo.

MThanded

Some LBP2 competition ideas

1. Autonomous vehicle competition. Basically you give some general guidelines about allowed course layout(very high level stuff), the maximum allowed size of the vehicle, possibly a limit on the allowed sensors and components. Then people build vehicles with logic to attempt to handle an arbitrary course within those guidelines.

2. Handling and control theory competition. Someone designs a vehicle with a given set of sensors and motors. The schematic for the vehicle is given to contestants. People submit microchips that can have AI/control loops to guide these vehicles but cannot add sensors. The winning vehicle is the one the can finish a given course the fastest.

3. Sumo bot competition. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asp8QexqgWM&feature=fvw this on a rotated map. Players get to program AI ahead of time and each robot contains one tag that is allowed to be read by the other. Probably would limit the sensors on this one too.

With all the new sensors and such I definitely see things like this being a possibility.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mclem said:
I've not been in the same country as my PS3 on Christmas Day since I got it.

You can probably cheat it like I did "a play a day..."

No, I'm not going to tell you how as it should be obvious.

TheSeks

Ranger X said:
You can't expect starting by doing stuff like that. It's Donkey Show common, he was with me in freaking beta of the first LBP and never stopped playing. He seems also competent in electronic / circuitry so this game is tailored for his brain.

Start small, it's the only way to make progress. The first Donkey Show project didn't look like that, not in a million years.

Well, it's the circuity complexity and... NO KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SUPPORT AT LAUNCH. (SMH MM) Tried to build levels in LBP1. DS3 ain't having any of that. :|

MThanded

TheSeks said:
Well, it's the circuity complexity and... NO KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SUPPORT AT LAUNCH. (SMH MM) Tried to build levels in LBP1. DS3 ain't having any of that. :|
Keyboard is supported. I use it all the time in lbp2.

Edit: NVM only for text. You mean for building.

Ferrio

Banned
Android18a said:
After four hours in create mode I've realised I just can't wrap my head around stuff like motors and the controllinator. I finally got a minecart that moved when you sat in it. God knows how to make it jump right. Tried a block underneath attached with a piston hooked up to the X button but it wasn't working right at all. Hmm.

Attach a sequencer to the object, then put a mover that has upward mover in the sequencer. Tigger the sequencer to turn on when X is pressed.

edit; Might also need a timer and an AND gate to make sure the cart won't be airborne? Not sure.

edit: Does MM monitor any of those levels submitted? Like the achievement whoring ones?

Madman

donkey show said:
Ah, directional splitters are attached to those tags. I'm using that for some wireless logic. And yes, tags can be activated/de-activated.

And just as you asked me, I totally thought of a better way to handle that logic, lol. Thanks!
Uh, no problem! :p

I never tried to just attach a wire to a tag but now I know. Awesome.

TheSeks said:
Weaksauce, son. Nobody at Mm uses a kb/m to build at all. :p And really, you only make the circuitry as crazy as you want. I'm really nitpicky with a lot of stuff, so I make failsafes to handle my other failsafes, lol. I'm sure there's always an easier way to do it than the way I do, but it makes sense to me with that garbled mess of wires.

Ferrio said:
Does MM monitor any of those levels submitted? Like the achievement whoring ones?
Only if they're good griefed really.

Madman said:
I never tried to just attach a wire to a tag but now I know. Awesome.

It's really useful. It's pretty much the key to wireless logic. =)

And here's what all of that logic junk I was working on looks like in motion:

Star Saviour (WIP) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03VMSSHfDnM

Ranger X

TheSeks said:

Still, we all do our levels with a DS3 so only laziness or lack of adaption can kill you ('cause I suppose you're not dumb). No advantage for anybody afterall. ;)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ranger X said:
Still, we all do our levels with a DS3 so only laziness or lack of adaption can kill you ('cause I suppose you're not dumb). No advantage for anybody afterall. ;)

Plus, the entire Create part is built around the dualshock 3. While KB/M is usually the best input for this type of game, I don't see how it would do much to improve LBP's Create mode, it works perfectly fine as it is.

I mean, I would never accuse The Seks of bitching about something trivial, but still...

TheSeks

Snuggler said:
I mean, I would never accuse The Seks of bitching about something trivial, but still...

I like having the ability to make straight lines. Which a mouse gives me the ability to do. Thumbsticks don't. :|

Weenerz

Banned
I posted in the other thread but it didn't get a response. I have my copy of LBP2 installed to an external HDD, since I am running CFW I can't/don't want to use PSN, is there a way to manually download and install the mods and other user-generated content?

TheSeks said:
I like having the ability to make straight lines. Which a mouse gives me the ability to do. Thumbsticks don't. :|
LOL, grid snap.

Weenerz said:
I posted in the other thread but it didn't get a response. I have my copy of LBP2 installed to an external HDD, since I am running CFW I can't/don't want to use PSN, is there a way to manually download and install the mods and other user-generated content?

No, you have to connected to PSN in order to get all that stuff.

TheSeks

Weenerz said:

No. Outside of someone exporting their level/save. No. All the user stuff is on MM servers.

LOL, grid snap.

Que? Did they patch that in the last time I used create mode?

I just feel create mode doesn't work with the thumbsticks. I know it seems trivial for the rest of you, but it's like using paint instead of photoshop for me. I feel mouse control (and keyboard shortcuts for menu stuff) would make better/more precise levels for me.

TheSeks said:
No. Outside of someone exporting their level/save. No. All the user stuff is on MM servers.

I just feel create mode doesn't work with the thumbsticks. I know it seems trivial for the rest of you, but it's like using paint instead of photoshop for me. I feel mouse control (and keyboard shortcuts for menu stuff) would make better/more precise levels for me.
grid snap was there day one (on LBP1 too) . have you press start? lol.

TheSeks

DMPrince said:
grid snap was there day one (on LBP1 too) . have you press start? lol.

...They really should mention that in the tutorial or I completely skipped over it. :|

Ranger X

TheSeks said:

In LittleBigPLanet you don't "draw" your stuff. Get out of this mindset and you will see the light. To be effective you need to embrace how the game is design. In LittleBigPlanet everything is made so you cut stuff, corner edit and use the grid. Not only it's easier than drawing but it also saves precious memory!!

Madman

donkey show said:
It's really useful. It's pretty much the key to wireless logic. =)
I never bothered trying. You couldn't do this in 1 right? I would feel mighty dumb if you could lol.

I'm using it already on an idea that would have been very difficult to make without it. The tools in 2 will seemingly never stop impressing me.

After a few days off I went back to the community levels. They are pumping them out like mad now, so much great stuff. Good job everyone.

Mik2121

Can someone help me out with the 2x area in the last world's second stage? It's really early in the level so it would only take a few minutes..

I'm also missing some stuff in the 5th world, but I think those might be 3x and/or 4x :(

My PSN ID is Mik2121

Mik2121 said:
Can someone help me out with the 2x area in the last world's second stage? It's really early in the level so it would only take a few minutes..

I'm also missing some stuff in the 5th world, but I think those might be 3x and/or 4x :(

My PSN ID is Mik2121
Sent you a friend request.

mclem

Finally stumbled on a 4x group for Bang for Buck, scraped through it, finally 100%ed the prize bubbles. Hard work, mind!

That said, I'm still very much game to help out others if anyone needs a hand, and I'd still love to try 4xing the story. For now, though, time for the first tentative looks at the create mode.

scurker

Well, published my first level (verses): http://lbp.me/v/w5sf8p

It took me a while to get the conveyor belt working, but it can still sometimes (although rarely) get stuck. I never could figure out how to get variable speeds working on it, and that would've been especially nice for this kind of level. Oh well.

Switching controllers when one is dying is the most infuriating thing ever. I plug the thing into the charger, turn another one on and I'm stuck with 2 guys forever. Nothing I do can make the guest go away! There has to be a way, no? Without turning off the fukin system.

My head not working to do anyone know best way of make buttons one press and stop any more inputs? aka stop them from pressing a button over and over making them fly?

you do know that you can have it powering up as you play?

Lion Heart said:
Switching controllers when one is dying is the most infuriating thing ever. I plug the thing into the charger, turn another one on and I'm stuck with 2 guys forever. Nothing I do can make the guest go away! There has to be a way, no? Without turning off the fukin system.
Hold PS button. Set new controller to player 1. Turn off charging controller.

Bebpo

Banned
donkey show said:

Some of the attacks look really nice like the fire sword and the giant beam at the end.

I actually think a character like that would be good for a 2p vs. shmup like Senko no Ronde or Vorpal. The moves seem attuned to a fighter although obviously for a fighter there'd need to be balancing stuff.

btw, do you think it's possible in the LBP2 engine to make zero shift teleport dashing like the emergency step dashes in Gundam Musou?

Ferrio

Banned
Stantron said:
I found a glitch. If you try to put the cursor too far down, it bounces back up. Well if you release the puck during that time, it may fly away upward, leaving you stuck there.
I would add a sign showing current puck number / total pucks.
Cool level. The Bob Barker sackboy is pretty funny.

I fixed your exploit!
http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj

Also does anyone know where you get those light bulbs they use in the tutorials?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Beat the game today. I've been working on aces and the community stuff so I've been delayed. Much better SP than the first. A little short? Sure but like LBP1, going back to ace and collect things and play with friends is the true extended play here. The only levels I have to collect everything are the last 3. And they appear to be the hardest to ace. Especially that last boss and the level before it.

Top Bottom