• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Mik2121

Hopefully I can finish this soon so I can get back into the actual level it's based on...

I will be using this for the level contest thing. Dunno if I'll have any chance or not, but at least it worked as a great motivator to practice more painting (my main is 3D stuff...)

t6YjK.png

Gotta add a few extra details here and there, finish the checkpoint (based on this picture from my stage), add maybe one torchlight (two for this drawing seem like they would be too much). Then fix some of the plants on the foreground and that should be it, hopefully. I will also work a bit more on making the sackboy easier to tell apart from the background, and make the drawing feel less cluttered.

You can see also some of the steps posted a few posts above.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
zankara said:
In create mode is there a way to zoom out so you can see your whole level?

hover and keep zooming out? you can see all the level fog and darkness but you can soon out a good bit but if you do you may get alot of slow down if alot going on

zankara

jump_button said:
hover and keep zooming out? you can see all the level fog and darkness but you can soon out a good bit but if you do you may get alot of slow down if alot going on

Thanks, I tried hovering and zooming out, but it only seems to go so far. I am trying to build a ship that takes up the whole level and am finding it difficult since I can't see everything at once.

Ranger X

I think Stereo/Mono 2 is not bad but not great. It relies to much on flashing lights with the beat. In my opinion there was alot of other things they could do with the idea of timing a level with music. I hope the guy plays Donkey Kong Country Return, there's a good example in there.

Llyranor

I'm in world 4 right now. This game kicks the highlights out of LBP1. Such an improvement. Gadgets are a whole lot more fun (grabinator and grappling hook are a blast), seems less laggy, and controls feel less finicky this time around.

Imagine our horror when we stumbled upon a level featuring explosives. And we had grabinators. Flashbacks of the LBP1 days came back fairly quickly, only the hilarity was multiplied.

r1chard

r1chard

Llyranor said:
I'm in world 4 right now. This game kicks the highlights out of LBP1. Such an improvement. Gadgets are a whole lot more fun (grabinator and grappling hook are a blast), seems less laggy, and controls feel less finicky this time around.

Imagine our horror when we stumbled upon a level featuring explosives. And we had grabinators. Flashbacks of the LBP1 days came back fairly quickly, only the hilarity was multiplied.
Oh yes. When we first hit the cakeinator level we had stupid amounts of fun blobbing cakes all over the place (and at each other). Same thing happened when we got the bombs :)

The new tools and toys add so much to the LBP experience.

Mik2121

Earlier today I uploaded the final drawing to the DeviantArt contest, but apparently it's gone by without much notice.

Pirate_Sackboy_.png

The URL is this one: DeviantArt

If any of you could check it out and give me some comments or something to make it slightly into the popular list, I'd be very happy :)

Right now there's some other stuff like this and this that people seems to like better (they at least got their stuff favorite'd).

Stantron

Mik2121 said:
If any of you could check it out and give me some comments or something to make it slightly into the popular list, I'd be very happy :)
Done.

r1chard said:
I hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty of copying those links to the LBP2 wiki that was just announced - http://wiki.lbpcentral.com/Tutorial_Videos
By all means. I'm sure the youtube uploader will appreciate the traffic to his channel.

-------
Create mode questions for anyone:
1) Is it possible to make a sackbot go from one set of behavior/properties to a different set of behavior/properties, say when I get into its proximity? How do I do this?

2) I've made a sackbot which emits an electric blade slashing effect from the right side of the sackbot when I press R2. I'd like to be able to make the blade appear on the side that my sackbot is facing (also, the left side would require that the blade object is mirrored). Any ideas how I can do this? I suspect it will involve the Left analog stick left-right output on the controlinator, but I can't figure it out.

3) Can sackbots use paintinators?

Teknoman

Amir0x said:
Gotta say I am HUUUUGELY impressed with the type of shit you can make in this game now that I've had time to play a bunch of community levels. This is so much more advanced than LBP it's nuts.

I hope I can sit down and really make something good myself this time. I am thinking neoGAF: The RPG.

I fully support this.

Stantron said:
Done.

By all means. I'm sure the youtube uploader will appreciate the traffic to his channel.

-------
Create mode questions for anyone:
1) Is it possible to make a sackbot go from one set of behavior/properties to a different set of behavior/properties, say when I get into its proximity? How do I do this?

2) I've made a sackbot which emits an electric blade slashing effect from the right side of the sackbot when I press R2. I'd like to be able to make the blade appear on the side that my sackbot is facing (also, the left side would require that the blade object is mirrored). Any ideas how I can do this? I suspect it will involve the Left analog stick left-right output on the controlinator, but I can't figure it out.

3) Can sackbots use paintinators?

1) yes just put in a new behavior in the sackbot bord (its next to the sackbot in pop it)

2) copy emiter and just press down on L3 and that will mirror it and same for the thing you want to emit,

Direction Splitter Splits one input into two and Direction Combiner combines two different direction outputs into one

3) No i dont know why

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Desperately looking for Gaf PSN friends over here. I've only been able to join one online party successfully through "Dive In" (NAT is not strict and DS2 multiplayer is smooth) and trying to Ace the single player is making me want to jump off a cliff.

There must be people with good taste in levels and who are willing to bring me along. I'll behave, honest! I am ChekhovsGun

zankara said:
Just added you. I'm happy to play through any levels you want.
You, my friend, are a lifesaver. I'll be happy to tag along but will queue up some levels as well.

zankara

Thnikkaman said:
Desperately looking for Gaf PSN friends over here. I've only been able to join one online party successfully through "Dive In" (NAT is not strict and DS2 multiplayer is smooth) and trying to Ace the single player is making me want to jump off a cliff.

There must be people with good taste in levels and who are willing to bring me along. I'll behave, honest! I am ChekhovsGun

Just added you. I'm happy to play through any levels you want.

Stantron

jump_button said:
1) yes just put in a new behavior in the sackbot bord (its next to the sackbot in pop it)
2) copy emiter and just press down on L3 and that will mirror it and same for the thing you want to emit,
Direction Splitter Splits one input into two and Direction Combiner combines two different direction outputs into one
3) No i dont know why

1) Ah nice. Doesn't seem like I can change the costume though. Or can I?
2) I can select the emitter, L3 to create copy, X to place copy, R3 to mirror the copy, but this still emits the object in the same way. If I press square on the emit copy though, I can select the object, R3 to mirror, then I also need to shift the placement to the left of the sackboy (probably not exact mirror). I'm not sure if I misunderstood you, but this gets the job done for now. Thanks for the directional splitter tip.
3) Damn, that's odd why they wouldn't allow it.

mclem

WEGGLES said:
Well crap on a cracker....

that "Fire Flies when you're having fun" level sucks so much :\

I aced it first time.

I have absolutely no idea how I pulled that off, in retrospect.

3) Damn, that's odd why they wouldn't allow it.

Is it not possible to create a creatinator which fires paint? You wouldn't get the same paintinator aesthetic out of it, I guess.

ijed

Stantron said:
2) I can select the emitter, L3 to create copy, X to place copy, R3 to mirror the copy, but this still emits the object in the same way. If I press square on the emit copy though, I can select the object, R3 to mirror, then I also need to shift the placement to the left of the sackboy (probably not exact mirror). I'm not sure if I misunderstood you, but this gets the job done for now. Thanks for the directional splitter tip.

Copy the emitter then go into it's settings, reselect the object to emit, then mirror it before you place it.

Adamm

Why is it that I always die in the stupidest way possible when trying to ace a level?

The amount of times i die by missing the simplest of jumps or get killed by nothing is unreal - i couldnt re-create some of these deaths if i tried :(

Stampy

WEGGLES said:
Well crap on a cracker....

that "Fire Flies when you're having fun" level sucks so much :\

Does anyone else also get a bit of a slowdown in that level, especially in the beginning part?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mik2121 said:
Hopefully I can finish this soon so I can get back into the actual level it's based on...

I will be using this for the level contest thing. Dunno if I'll have any chance or not, but at least it worked as a great motivator to practice more painting (my main is 3D stuff...)

t6YjK.png

Gotta add a few extra details here and there, finish the checkpoint (based on this picture from my stage), add maybe one torchlight (two for this drawing seem like they would be too much). Then fix some of the plants on the foreground and that should be it, hopefully. I will also work a bit more on making the sackboy easier to tell apart from the background, and make the drawing feel less cluttered.

You can see also some of the steps posted a few posts above.
That is a nice piece there. Is there not a higher res version?

Mik2121

LiquidMetal14 said:
That is a nice piece there. Is there not a higher res version?
There's a higher res. version indeed. The original version (7488x3888 px).

Of course, if you see it at the original size and at a 100% zoom, it doesn't look nearly as pretty :p (like watching certain paintings from a far and then getting close and watching each detail.. not so detailed as it seemed).

Do you want it at some specific size?

BTW you're quoting an older version of the painting. There's a newer one posted on this same page :p

Thrakier

Amir0x said:
I was thinking it'd be about the great seven mods who you meticulously have to face down one after another in some epic quest. They have grown corrupt with power, banning entire villages in their wake. And at that last moment when all hope was lost, a hero appears.

A new JUNIOR appears!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mik2121 said:
There's a higher res. version indeed. The original version (7488x3888 px).

Of course, if you see it at the original size and at a 100% zoom, it doesn't look nearly as pretty :p (like watching certain paintings from a far and then getting close and watching each detail.. not so detailed as it seemed).

Do you want it at some specific size?

BTW you're quoting an older version of the painting. There's a newer one posted on this same page :p
I'm sorry I must have missed it. If you would link me that would be great as I tried just the zooming. Anything 1080p-ish is fine. I want to put it on my PS3. Thanks!

Sorry guys and gals for being such a NOOB but what constitutes an "aced level"? Is it just getting 100% of the items and whatnot, or does other criteria need to be met on top of gathering 100% of the items? Any type of time limits? Minimum score? No deaths? etc., etc., etc.?

The second thing I wanted to ask about is clicking L3 to control different parts of your sackboy/gal. Its not a huge deal at all but I always seem to hit L3 accidently causing my sackboy to look straight up because of the sixaxis support and the way I hold my controller. Like I said its not that big of a deal but it gets really frustrating. Does this happen to anyone else?

mclem

Mizzou Gaming said:
Sorry guys and gals for being such a NOOB but what constitutes an "aced level"? Is it just getting 100% of the items and whatnot, or does other criteria need to be met on top of gathering 100% of the items? Any type of time limits? Minimum score? No deaths? etc., etc., etc.?
Acing is completing a level without dying once; it gives a few bonus prizes at the end (and usually registers a high score because you don't take any death penalties, but that varies). That has a gold spade icon.

There is also, independently, 100% items completion, which... well, does exactly what it says on the tin. That doesn't require you to get all the items in a single playthrough (indeed, I can think of a couple of levels where that is probably impossible). Again, that gives a few (different) bonus prizes at the end. That has a gold drawstring bag icon.

Treat 'em as two independent tasks.

mclem said:
Acing is completing a level without dying once; it gives a few bonus prizes at the end (and usually registers a high score because you don't take any death penalties, but that varies). That has a gold spade icon.

There is also, independently, 100% items completion, which... well, does exactly what it says on the tin. That doesn't require you to get all the items in a single playthrough (indeed, I can think of a couple of levels where that is probably impossible). Again, that gives a few (different) bonus prizes at the end. That has a gold drawstring bag icon.

Treat 'em as two independent tasks.

Oh damn I got you. So theoritically I could complete a level getting none of the stickers or other collectibles and it would be considered aced as long as I didn't die. Thanks for taking the time to help a lowly noob, I really appreciate it.

mclem

Mizzou Gaming said:
Oh damn I got you. So theoritically I could complete a level getting none of the stickers or other collectibles and it would be considered aced as long as I didn't die. Thanks for taking the time to help a lowly noob, I really appreciate it.

Given that many of the prize bubbles require putting yourself in major risk, it's definitely a sensible tack to not go out of your way to get them. Similarly (ish) I found that I did better at acing the tougher levels in LBP1 if I didn't go out of my way to kill enemies unless I had to; all too often I ended up breaking the ace run because I went *back* to take out one last brain and screwed up.

Mik2121

LiquidMetal14 said:
I'm sorry I must have missed it. If you would link me that would be great as I tried just the zooming. Anything 1080p-ish is fine. I want to put it on my PS3. Thanks!

Mik2121 said:
Earlier today I uploaded the final drawing to the DeviantArt contest, but apparently it's gone by without much notice.

http://mik2121.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Pirate_Sackboy_.png[IMG]

The URL is this one: [URL="http://browse.deviantart.com/contests/2011/lbpcontest/#/d38f8h6"]DeviantArt[/URL]

Right now there's some other stuff like [URL="http://browse.deviantart.com/contests/2011/lbpcontest/#/d38g1ca"]this[/URL] and [URL="http://browse.deviantart.com/contests/2011/lbpcontest/#/d38fxt4"]this [/URL] that people seems to like better (they at least got their stuff favorite'd).[/QUOTE]
HD (1920x1080) version here:

This painting wasn't mean to be seen at this resolution though, so don't be surprised by the lack of details :P

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/zc717.jpg"]http://i.imgur.com/zc717.jpg[/URL]

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Has there been a general lack of interest in this game? It seems like this thread is slowing down really quickly compared to the initial LBP thread.

jayb

I'm still interested, just not much to post about. I'm slowly working my way to 100% and acing everything when I have time. I did rage-quit create mode last night ... having trouble getting something to work exactly like I want. Maybe I'll wait until after I Plat the game before diving back into create mode.

jayb said:
I'm still interested, just not much to post about. I'm slowly working my way to 100% and acing everything when I have time. I did rage-quit create mode last night ... having trouble getting something to work exactly like I want. Maybe I'll wait until after I Plat the game before diving back into create mode.
may as well go back to create mode as it needs it to plat the game ;P

Teknoman

MThanded said:
Has there been a general lack of interest in this game? It seems like this thread is slowing down really quickly compared to the initial LBP thread.

I'd say everyones still in the middle of creating/grabbing more items.

jayb

netguy503 said:
He may not of "played"- there is a very easy way to cheat that trophy.

no boosting from me. I just finished 24 hours in create last night, and the others didn't take long to get. I did get the game a few days early though thanks to subway, so that helped.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mclem said:
I aced it first time.

I have absolutely no idea how I pulled that off, in retrospect.

You used the force, Padawan.

I still need to go and Ace levels, but I'm having a kid help me find the prize bubbles I'm missing before I do that. >_<

Top Bottom