• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

my submission for the LBP2 contest
pixel_world_lbp_2_contest_by_jump_button-d38bxmz.jpg

deadnoob

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a single destroyer get rid of multiple parts of an object? I have something I built that I want to be completely destroyed, but with the way I'm doing it, only a single part (the part with the destroyer) gets destroyed.

Ferrio

Banned
deadnoob said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a single destroyer get rid of multiple parts of an object? I have something I built that I want to be completely destroyed, but with the way I'm doing it, only a single part (the part with the destroyer) gets destroyed.

Toggle the "all rigid connections" or something

Bebpo said:
Some of the attacks look really nice like the fire sword and the giant beam at the end.

I actually think a character like that would be good for a 2p vs. shmup like Senko no Ronde or Vorpal. The moves seem attuned to a fighter although obviously for a fighter there'd need to be balancing stuff.

Thanks man, and totally agreed. I created this thing in line though with a musou-esque type of level, but all of it can easily be applied to the types of games you mentioned. I did want to make something similar to Gundam VS eventually, but thankfully the logic set I've created with this again transfers nicely to types of games with heavy gameplay mechanics.

btw, do you think it's possible in the LBP2 engine to make zero shift teleport dashing like the emergency step dashes in Gundam Musou?
Funny you should ask. I emulated the zero shift in the beta, so emergency dashes like in GM3 are totally possible.

Dug

Banned
MediaMolecule wants some saves of profiles that have the naux glitch or the other one where you can't move the sackboys head. They are testing some fixes and want to see if they work.

Full post:

Hi all - we have a fix for the naux glitch / broken sackboy and we need some profiles affected by it to test it on.
I'm talking about the bug where sackboy's head goes sideways and can't be moved about with the analog sticks, and he can't swim any more!

if you have this or something similar on a profile, please email the profile over to hello@mediamolecule.com, or upload it somewhere and send us the link

thank you

source: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?46067-Mm-request-we-need-Naux-glitch-broken-sackboy-saves!

Ferrio

Banned
Question about how a powerup would work.

Say I have a sackbot pick up a powerup that was emitted. How do I have that emitted powerup actually enable a button on the controlinator? I'm guessing some kinda wireless logic, but I haven't touched the stuff yet.

RagnarokX

Ferrio said:
Question about how a powerup would work.

Say I have a sackbot pick up a powerup that was emitted. How do I have that emitted powerup actually enable a button on the controlinator? I'm guessing some kinda wireless logic, but I haven't touched the stuff yet.
My assumption would be that powerups have tags that correspond to tag sensors on the controlinator. Have the tag sensor turn on a timer. Hook the button and timer to the powerup logic through an and gate. You could find a way to have taking a hit cause the timer to reset and turn off the power, or make it a timed powerup by having the tag sensor also turn on another timer that activates the reset after a set time.

When the controlinator gets close enough to the tag, the timer will fill up and turn the tag on. Then the powerup will happen when you press the button.

Ferrio

Banned
RagnarokX said:
My assumption would be that powerups have tags that correspond to tag sensors on the controlinator. Have the tag sensor turn on a timer. Hook the button and timer to the powerup logic through an and gate. You could find a way to have taking a hit cause the timer to reset and turn off the power, or make it a timed powerup by having the tag sensor also turn on another timer that activates the reset after a set time.

When the controlinator gets close enough to the tag, the timer will fill up and turn the tag on. Then the powerup will happen when you press the button.

Not quite how I want it to work.

Powerup appears, a player (whose actually just remote controllinator) can touch it and it disappears, causes an effect to happen which might not necessarily be on themselves.

ijed

jump_button said:
My head not working to do anyone know best way of make buttons one press and stop any more inputs? aka stop them from pressing a button over and over making them fly?

OR Loopback - OR gate with output going back into the input

Azrael

I fiddled around with Create mode this weekend and published my first LBP level. It's a shooter test level with the Big Core enemy of the Gradius series. I got it working in two days, but it's not polished yet. The energy core is too hard to hit in its present state, I'd like to tighten up its movement speed and the speed and firing rate of its projectiles, and add some details like sound effects and making the energy core turn red as it takes damage. But it's working and this is as far as I got with it before my work week starts again tomorrow, and hopefully I can work on it more later. Here's a link to the level:

http://lbp.me/v/w6sz0z

ijed

donkey show said:
Funny you should ask. I emulated the zero shift in the beta, so emergency dashes like in GM3 are totally possible.

Urg - I'm trying to make a DCS sackbot move in discrete amounts but need it to be pixel precise and it's just not working - not sure if it's the acceleration/deceleration or walking through holo stuffing it up or what - have 2 timers (+ just put a counter in between to try and get a solid 1 into the movers but hasn't seemed to have made any difference). Any ideas?
eeb2d307a1ab61dd5f9cdd1081bc223e61e19f58.jpg

Thinking I should just use sprites on holograms with emitters to create new sprite and destroy old sprite with each move then I can at least get the accuracy.
(for reference trying to redo my boulderdash level in LBP2)

Madman

ijed said:
Urg - I'm trying to make a DCS sackbot move in discrete amounts but need it to be pixel precise and it's just not working - not sure if it's the acceleration/deceleration or walking through holo stuffing it up or what
A sequencer with a mover that has 100% acceleration/deceleration sounds like what you are looking for. I was able to get pixel precise movement with a block using this method.

Teknoman

Eteric Rice said:
How do you get a screenshot out of the PS3? : /

Im using LBP.me since its the best balance of screen shot quality/ease of uploading. Just select upload for your photos in game, then check the site, go to your profile and open photos. Just click on the photo and you'll be able to view it's address.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stantron said:
Use in game snapshot tool to take a photo.
Use the upload photo function from popit.
Login to lbp.me for url link to image.

Optionally:

Photo-Square->Upload/LBP.me or Export/Export to XMB.

ijed

Madman said:
A sequencer with a mover that has 100% acceleration/deceleration sounds like what you are looking for. I was able to get pixel precise movement with a block using this method.

Cool that's a bit better as I can get finer control - also seems to help if I stick the DCS on a bit of holo with a tag then get the sackbot to follow it ... still not quite what I'm after but will keep fiddling with it :)

Madman

ijed said:
Cool that's a bit better as I can get finer control - also seems to help if I stick the DCS on a bit of holo with a tag then get the sackbot to follow it ... still not quite what I'm after but will keep fiddling with it :)
When the beta ended I had 2 small grid block-wide movements perfect for side to side and jumping. Was working on 1 block but worked on other stuff as the beta was ending.

Mik2121

Pretty cool drawing Jump_Button! I just started my drawing. I'm using a screenshot of my character to draw it and then I will add a bit of background based on the level I'm working on :)

j4mnr.png

After i'm done I will obviously delete the in-game screenshot and add some decoration.

BTW the original size is 5760x3240 pixels :p

Newer version:

HFkdM.png

Edit 2 - Even newer version :p

IqNTD.png

Edit 3 - And a small color correction done afterwards, that I forgot to post..

JmS6Z.png

Squishy

I'm currently working on my first level. It's a deep sea exploration level where you take control of a submarine. At the moment I've only really finalised the mechanics of the sub and made a few fish, but the fish don't move yet. The submarine has a claw mechanism that drops down when L1 is held and retracts when L1 is released. The claw grabs stuff with R1, but I haven't worked out what I'm going to use it for in my level. The right stick moves the claw, while the left stick controls the sub. X can be pressed to make the sub go faster, while O fires torpedoes (naturally). Hopefully I haven't got too much stuff going on. The pictures are from an earlier version; there are now many more lights (including one on the claw) so things are easier to see.

f5a0bf3ff39b6f5fdb87b39623fe0706608392b6.jpg

The plan is to have some kind of multiplayer, possibly multiple submarines at once (distinguished by different coloured lights). Anyway, my question is this; see that big ass fish in the image below? I was wondering what the best way was for the fish to rapidly stick out its tongue in the direction of a submarine when it got within a certain range, then pull the tongue back when it has attached to the sub (I made the tongue sticky) and close its mouth. So far I've tried pistons/winches, but because the tongue is segmented it goes all over the place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

d0fe578fecd72f7a69c3343a6e1066df5ca9772e.jpg

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Its late/early as hell but I have a treat for everyone. I finished my level. At least the first version of it

04a2af13184f38844d3903fd710eb7eccd2ba1d7.png

Super Monster Truck Mayhem - 3 Course/Time Attack
Author- http://lbp.me/u/mthanded

6621af763a7c46ead0e140f0654dd4bb365505e1.jpg

Monday! Monday! Monday!!!!!!!! Super Monster Truck Mayhem is finally here. Try you hand piloting the monster truck of all monster trucks through 3 challenging timed courses. Score bonus points for landing flips, holding wheelies and big airs. Try to dominate the leaderboard. Time to meet your maker.Welcome to the ThunderSackDome.

Features
- Full suspension playtested monster truck
- Ability to level in air or on ground
- Bonus points for wheelies, big airs and flips
-3 timed courses
- Timer aware scoring. If your race gate runs out of time then you can't score on any more tricks.
-A lot of replay value. I am interested to see what scores people will be able to put up

Dev pics
2chx6rs.jpg

2ebg02w.jpg

2e68uc7.jpg

Barrett2

Played a few more story mode missions last night with the wife. Fun stuff, but I have the feeling playing this that I did with the first; it constantly feels like I'm not having as much fun as I should.

Whether it be getting stuck momentarily in the background when I should be in the foreground, jumping into an object instead of on top of it once or twice before clearing the jump.. Its like a death by a thousand cuts. Halfway through each level I'm just ready for it to be over.

Fortunately with the enhanced craleation tools I will get a lot more fun than the firs with user made levels. Some of the stuff I've already seen has been great.

Squishy said:
Anyway, my question is this; see that big ass fish in the image below? I was wondering what the best way was for the fish to rapidly stick out its tongue in the direction of a submarine when it got within a certain range, then pull the tongue back when it has attached to the sub (I made the tongue sticky) and close its mouth. So far I've tried pistons/winches, but because the tongue is segmented it goes all over the place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Have you tried using a Follower on the end of the tongue with a tag on the sub.

wouwie

My copy of lbp2 hasn't arrived yet so i'm catching up on user levels from lbp1. When lbp1 came out, i gave up on user content early on, primarily because it was difficult to find levels. However, i'm glad i gave this another go because there are some awesome user created levels. I'm impressed. Seems a lot easier to find them too. Find one good level, look at the author, look which levels and authors this author has hearted,... and you end up with a good amount of great levels in your queue, ready to be played.

I'm excited about lbp again and i can't wait to play lbp2, both story and user created content. I might even have a go at trying to create a level.

Ranger X

wouwie said:
My copy of lbp2 hasn't arrived yet so i'm catching up on user levels from lbp1. When lbp1 came out, i gave up on user content early on, primarily because it was difficult to find levels. However, i'm glad i gave this another go because there are some awesome user created levels. I'm impressed. Seems a lot easier to find them too. Find one good level, look at the author, look which levels and authors this author has hearted,... and you end up with a good amount of great levels in your queue, ready to be played.

I'm excited about lbp again and i can't wait to play lbp2, both story and user created content. I might even have a go at trying to create a level.

Or, don't search for great levels and play them from people that searched them for you already: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?73-Community-Spotlight-Archive

And there's also our own thread (for both games): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419479

:)

Really stupid question:
How do I change the "avatar" face picture of my PSN id that shows when I leave reviews. I've poked around a bit but not sure how it got set and how to change it. I'm really not digging Ratchet with a curley mustache and kayne glasses. :\

Amir0x

Banned
Gotta say I am HUUUUGELY impressed with the type of shit you can make in this game now that I've had time to play a bunch of community levels. This is so much more advanced than LBP it's nuts.

I hope I can sit down and really make something good myself this time. I am thinking neoGAF: The RPG.

TheSeks

Amir0x said:
I hope I can sit down and really make something good myself this time. I am thinking neoGAF: The RPG.

0HP = Perma-banned.
Wild console war thread appears! (Random battle)

I was talking with someone last night about how you would make ChuChu rocket in LBP. I've never played the game but BeatBox keeps going on and on about it. It has to possible though after some of the games I've seen. Just things like powerups and difficulty settings on some of these small games is impressive as hell.

Amir0x

Banned
TheSeks said:
0HP = Perma-banned.
Wild console war thread appears! (Random battle)

I was thinking it'd be about the great seven mods who you meticulously have to face down one after another in some epic quest. They have grown corrupt with power, banning entire villages in their wake. And at that last moment when all hope was lost, a hero appears.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Amir0x said:
Gotta say I am HUUUUGELY impressed with the type of shit you can make in this game now that I've had time to play a bunch of community levels. This is so much more advanced than LBP it's nuts.

The editor is amazing. Having the microchip feature makes pretty much anything possible.

2e68uc7.jpg

The ridiculous thing is my level uses like 15% of the level complexity cap. lol

I'm having some trouble finding the last couple of items on the last two levels of Bathysphere's cake world. Are there some sneaky hidden ones or am I just being stupid?

TheSeks

Scythian Empire said:
I'm having some trouble finding the last couple of items on the last two levels of Bathysphere's cake world. Are there some sneaky hidden ones or am I just being stupid?

I really wish there was an item find guide, but there probably won't be one until March.

Scythian Empire said:
The easiest way to find stuff you're missing is to see which ones they are before you load the level by using square and looking at the level's collectables. There are ten per row so if you're missing the eighth one on the second row, you need #18. Then look at the comments for the level, and generally people will already be asking where that particular thing is, and other people will be answering them. It's almost like a built in guide.

Mm posted I'v not come aross any bugs, Mm asking if you seen any to report it
We don’t like to see unhappy Sackfolk in the LittleBigPlanet community so we’re launching our bug squashing campaign, LBP2 Bug Blasters!

We want to make sure players can report issues they’re having and find support from us and other players in the community. We’ve always been really proud of our community and we want to make sure you all know that we really care, and of course get you back playing the game as soon as possible! The best ways to seek help or let us know of a problem are :

GetSatisfactionThe Get Satisfaction channel has, up until this point, been used as our place for feedback and issues relating to the LBP.me website.
However, we’ve now created a new section for feedback on LittleBigPlanet 2. We monitor this site and appreciate your feedback and help, let us know about problems you find.
Send profiles!
If you have something especially weird going on, the best way for us to solve it is to get hold of your profile and see it for ourselves. If you are reporting things, consider attaching your profile, we might ask for it anyway!

Official forumsThe official LittleBigPlanet forums are a great source of information and there are plenty of other players who enjoy helping each other out. Sign in with your PSN account and join the discussion.
http://forums.littlebigplanet.com

Help us out!It’s really sad to see a tiny number of players exploiting the game for the sole purpose of griefing other players. So, please - do your bit and help to discourage behaviour aimed at disrupting the experience of other players. You can always report bad behaviour in-game by pressing Select and choosing to Good Grief report things.

0_o what type of ass hole good griefing other players

mclem

jump_button said:

They're griefing, not good griefing. An unfortunate clash of terms.

I suspect it's something along the lines of "placing a decoration in a guest pod which breaks it"

Ranger X

jump_button said:

It's self moderated game. Of course it's a given that the "good grief" tool can be abused.
There's always unconscious assholes in every games.

RagnarokX

Amir0x said:
I was thinking it'd be about the great seven mods who you meticulously have to face down one after another in some epic quest. They have grown corrupt with power, banning entire villages in their wake. And at that last moment when all hope was lost, a hero appears.
Board Omen: Legacy of Amir0x?

Top Bottom