• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Mik2121

RagnarokX said:
Well, the alternative is to make walls of dark matter and use the corner editor to make them so thin that they are invisible but still solid.
Or you know, not making invisible walls :p

Go check any of the Mm levels. I don't think I can remember any that had invisible walls :p

RagnarokX

Mik2121 said:
Or you know, not making invisible walls :p

Go check any of the Mm levels. I don't think I can remember any that had invisible walls :p
Sometimes invisible walls are necessary. For example: I am making a pyramid level. Players could climb the pyramid instead of going inside, which I don't want them to do, but putting a visible barrier would look terrible.

Mik2121

RagnarokX said:
Sometimes invisible walls are necessary. For example: I am making a pyramid level. Players could climb the pyramid instead of going inside, which I don't want them to do, but putting a visible barrier would look terrible.
Uhm? I don't know how you're making it, but I bet there are many ways to block the Sackboy's way. For example making one of the blocks half broken so that the other half sits on top of the block below so they can't jump on it.
Dunno, there are many ways. Using invisible walls just sounds like a cheap, fast and crappy (no offense) way of doing it.

Edit - Something like this for example:

2da31df5ae761a8d7b81266581867e955ed11a4c.jpg

RagnarokX

Mik2121 said:
Uhm? I don't know how you're making it, but I bet there are many ways to block the Sackboy's way. For example making one of the blocks half broken so that the other half sits on top of the block below so they can't jump on it.
Dunno, there are many ways. Using invisible walls just sounds like a cheap, fast and crappy (no offense) way of doing it.

Edit - Something like this for example:

2da31df5ae761a8d7b81266581867e955ed11a4c.jpg
Not that kind of pyramid. It has smooth slopes like the Great Pyramid at Giza had before they eroded. I'll probably make a better entrance to solve the problem but it's still an example of why someone would use invisible walls.

ijed

RagnarokX said:
Neon is invisible at 0? I thought it just turned black like a normal light.

Yerp sry - ignore.

Though I find when I use light/dark matter it plays havok with my anti-grav physics. Is there anyway to use this for good? Tried playing around with making a spacewar game but light/dark matter doesn't seem to have mass to make it have it's own gravity.... a tag on the planet with a tag follower on the ship seems to be a good work around though.

RagnarokX

ijed said:
Yerp sry - ignore.

Though I find when I use light/dark matter it plays havok with my anti-grav physics. Is there anyway to use this for good? Tried playing around with making a spacewar game but light/dark matter doesn't seem to have mass to make it have it's own gravity.... a tag on the planet with a tag follower on the ship seems to be a good work around though.
Why are you using dark matter and light matter? The entire purpose of those is that they have no gravity at all. They were useful in LBP1 to keep things floating but with antigravity tweakers their usefulness is greatly diminished. So far the only way I've used them in LBP2 is to make a tent look like it is moving in the wind.

Mik2121

RagnarokX said:
Not that kind of pyramid. It has smooth slopes like the Great Pyramid at Giza had before they eroded. I'll probably make a better entrance to solve the problem but it's still an example of why someone would use invisible walls.
Uhm.. even then, I bet something could be done to prevent people from entering.

Plus, if there's going to be an entrance to the pyramid, shouldn't it be something fairly big? There would be no slopes around, like this:
Great-pyramid-entrance--Vivant-Denon-1808.jpg

Also before I stop working on this...

38c4d00b4b7f5b2dbd0c59f7b8b9d741b2a59182.jpg

lol :p

ijed

RagnarokX said:
Why are you using dark matter and light matter? The entire purpose of those is that they have no gravity at all. They were useful in LBP1 to keep things floating but with antigravity tweakers their usefulness is greatly diminished.

Was just messing around with some ideas but yeah I use Antigrav tweakers if I want things to float.

Mik2121

Someone with one friend around available, please join me NOW! I'm trying to 100% the game but the stupid 3x (and maybe 4x too somewhere else) in the Eve world are preventing me from doing so since like 5 days ago :(

Add me - Mik2121

RagnarokX

Mik2121 said:
Uhm.. even then, I bet something could be done to prevent people from entering.

Plus, if there's going to be an entrance to the pyramid, shouldn't it be something fairly big? There would be no slopes around, like this:
Great-pyramid-entrance--Vivant-Denon-1808.jpg

Also before I stop working on this...

38c4d00b4b7f5b2dbd0c59f7b8b9d741b2a59182.jpg

lol :p
I already changed it to not need invisible walls. If you want to see what I have done so far I published a beta a few days ago.

Mik2121 said:
Someone with one friend around available, please join me NOW! I'm trying to 100% the game but the stupid 3x (and maybe 4x too somewhere else) in the Eve world are preventing me from doing so since like 5 days ago :(

Add me - Mik2121
Is that the one where you have to shoot all those plants with the water gun? I looked like a freak doing that with 4 controllers, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
donkey show said:
Is that the one where you have to shoot all those plants with the water gun? I looked like a freak doing that with 4 controllers, lol.

No worse than me and a kid online doing it with two controllers each.

(That sounds naughty)

Corto

What a riot of fun am I having with this game. The online can be inconsistent sometimes, but when it works it's just epic fun. The shooter levels are the best so far on the SP and I took a peek on a level with some fireflies when I followed a player that was just hard as nails. Yikes!!!

Mik2121 said:

Add me - Mik2121
Don't know if you're still around but I sent a friend request.

netguy503

Mik2121 said:

Add me - Mik2121

Just added you. I need 100% too. Let's do this.

TheSeks

donkey show said:
http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/5/original/pedobear.jpg

:lol I know, right? But this kid helped me with the LBP1 prize bubbles years ago so I can't really find fault going through the levels with him (besides he's 16 now so not pedobear/shota cat now)

Anyway, since my Prius level based on some Top Gear stunts with filming can't exactly happen, I'm drawing a blank on building a level and am butthurt toward the creator. All I want is 50 plays. Is it that hard to ask for? ;__;

Mik2121

Wooo, I 100%'d the game thanks to RangerZero, SolidEye and Netguy.

After that we played a bit Netguy, SolidEye to get a few 3x extra and whatnot. By the end (I had to sleep.. still need to...) we were just messing around on Netguy's pod, adding a lot of weird decoration and he ended up kicking us saying 'bye ass' :p But it was all fun and jokes :_)

Looking forward to play again soon!. If only the game weren't so laggy when playing online.. :(

Speevy

Banned
I asked this in the other topic but would it be possible to trick the system into having 2 recordings play simultaneously?

TheSeks

Speevy said:
I asked this in the other topic but would it be possible to trick the system into having 2 recordings play simultaneously?

You can do it with a sequencer, I wager? It allows for timing of activations of things, and one of those things is the camera functions.

Stampy said:
This would be a useful thing to be able to prevent players from going through all layers, but how do you achieve for that holographic plasmified barrier to be completely invisible? :/

just take it down to 0% by tweaking it, you can still see it in create mode so go into preview mode to see what will not be seen in play mode.

netguy503

Mik2121 said:
Wooo, I 100%'d the game thanks to RangerZero, SolidEye and Netguy.

After that we played a bit Netguy, SolidEye to get a few 3x extra and whatnot. By the end (I had to sleep.. still need to...) we were just messing around on Netguy's pod, adding a lot of weird decoration and he ended up kicking us saying 'bye ass' :p But it was all fun and jokes :_)

Looking forward to play again soon!. If only the game weren't so laggy when playing online.. :(

LOL..do you want to tell them what you were doing to my sack character or should I? ;)

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Let me preface this by saying I love LBP...

I really hope that LBP3 opens the game up into a full 3D environment with the ability to control gravity on different surfaces. Otherwise LB2 will be the only LBP I will ever need.

I want SMG: The Editor, with LBP physics.

Stampy

Can anyone explain to me what is the deal with movers and holographic material? I connected the on/off output to mover, and when the mover is placed on some standard material it starts and stops as the on/off input is cycled. But as soon as i place the same mover on the holographic material after turning it on the bastard just continues to glide, no matter the on/off input. :/

jump_button said:
just take it down to 0% by tweaking it, you can still see it in create mode so go into preview mode to see what will not be seen in play mode.

Yes, you are right, didn't even test it in play mode. :( thanks for clearing that up.

Pachimari

I'm playing through the Story Mode right now, I'm at planet 5. There's 6 planets in all yea?

I tried some community stuff, co-op etc. as well, going to the Creation part of the game after completing the singleplayer campaign.

faust666

TheSeks said:
Okay, so reverse engineering the Prius won't let me "move it during recording" for a cutscene/film. Using a sequencer will let me do camera angles but not move the Prius/Sackboy controlling it.

In addition the Prius has no "cancel getting out of the car/stop controlling the car" function.

So basically, the Prius is pretty damn useless in addition to some of the prizes if you don't own ALL the DLC that is used in the LittleBigPrius level.

Good going, MM. :| Good going, create mode. :|

I'm done. I'm just going to publish an empty level and make 50 throwaway accounts to play it. Screw it. If I can't film a car going and stopping at the places I want so I can drop a piano on it only after strapping a rocket to it, there is no point for me to using create mode anymore. :/

I was able to switch the prius to R2/L2 forward/backward controls by removing all the wires from their microchip and placing one of my one. (assuming this is the side view car we're talking about) You have to leave their unconnected chip on the car or else the whole car gets deleted when you remove it, but since it's invisible in play mode it doesn't really matter.

If you just want a shot of the car stopped with the sackboy in it, just set the speed of the motor bolts on the wheels to 0.

TheSeks

faust said:
I was able to switch the prius to R2/L2 forward/backward controls by removing all the wires from their microchip and placing one of my one. (assuming this is the side view car we're talking about) You have to leave their unconnected chip on the car or else the whole car gets deleted when you remove it, but since it's invisible in play mode it doesn't really matter.

If you just want a shot of the car stopped with the sackboy in it, just set the speed of the motor bolts on the wheels to 0.

How were you able to set the microchip to do that and remove the wires? Removing the chips on their microchip removes the car (SMH create mode), and I didn't see anything in the options on the chip to do that.

And yeah, playing around with create mode I've caused the car to go super fast (good for "POWEEEEEER" moments), or leave without Sackboy ("COME BACK PRIUS! D:"), but can't cause it to be under my controls for video recording purposes. :/

In any case, I need a good piano recreation to drop on the Prius if I could solve this problem.

Stampy

Stampy said:
Can anyone explain to me what is the deal with movers and holographic material? I connected the on/off output to mover, and when the mover is placed on some standard material it starts and stops as the on/off input is cycled. But as soon as i place the same mover on the holographic material after turning it on the bastard just continues to glide, no matter the on/off input. :/

Ok, I got it. After turning off the mover for a certain direction another mover with 0/0 both speed needs to be activated in order to stop the holo material from drifting along its way. I must admit that I don't understand what was the purpose of this, but oh well, at least it is not moving now. -_-

But just to ask, in case I am doing something wrong here... What is the best method to create complex and predetermined cyclic movements of certain objects on screen? I will try combination of sequencer batteries and movers. But is there a better/less clunkier way to do this?

Pancho

Qurupancho
If anyone's interested you can add me on the PSN. I'd like some help to get all of those x2 x3 x4 collectables and none of my friends have the game yet :(

PSN: Danny-kun

faust666

TheSeks said:
How were you able to set the microchip to do that and remove the wires? Removing the chips on their microchip removes the car (SMH create mode), and I didn't see anything in the options on the chip to do that.

Just by either highlighting the wires when that option is available and pressing triangle, or going to the connection points, pressing square and hitting the delete option. After all the wires were removed i just shrunk down their microchip icon and moved it off to the back of the car out of my way.

Pancho said:
If anyone's interested you can add me on the PSN. I'd like some help to get all of those x2 x3 x4 collectables and none of my friends have the game yet :(

PSN: Danny-kun

I'm still missing a few, I'll add you

After playing the camel level and getting all those prize bubbles I noticed a shit ton of awesome new materials in create that are animated.

Can people join others in story levels that they've not unlocked yet? I don't mind spoiling the story for myself and playing with other people to get the 3 / 4x player prize bubbles if it means I'll get more create stuff. PSN is GTA_Chaos for others looking for the multi player prizes.

Ranger X

Hardest ones to ace imo is Full Metal Rabbit and the level right after (damned sackbots!!)

EDIT: And they both give materials when you ace them. This means I MUST suffer them through.

Ranger X said:
Fuu.png

( Im trying to ace "full metal rabbit")

just take it slow dont go jumping around and dont 4get to tap and dont jump anywhere with out checking it first

I didnt find it that hard at all maybe go with some one that do all the killing and stay back safe if still cant?

I'm just about done my 2rd LBP2 level trying to make it so 4 player can play

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ranger X said:
Shit, I am glad we got all the x4 and x3!!!
Good God this game is horrible when played with more than 2 players lol

No way, that's when it's at its best. It's just ridiculously funny what kind of stuff happens by accident, especially when grabinators are involved.

Ranger X

msdstc said:
No way, that's when it's at its best. It's just ridiculously funny what kind of stuff happens by accident, especially when grabinators are involved.

That's exactly what I don't like. The mess it can create, the stupid stuff some other people can do. And it's funny for 5 mins. It's fun however if you are 2 players, with a mic and this if you are 2 excellent players serious about performing and cooperating.

Ranger X

And who's idea is this at Media Molecule to decide that Acing levels will give important prizes like music and materials now?
This never happened in LBP1 and that was perfect like that. People more interested in Creation (like me) are already annoyed by collecting everthing manually + already having to find other people to complete those damned multiplayers bonus rooms. Don't fucking make me ace the levels on top of that. Seriously, what the hell. Leave acing for people focusing on the "play" side of the game.

So who's idea is this? I want to kick you in the nuts. Sincerely. I can take the plane anytime.

jayb

jump_button said:
just take it slow dont go jumping around and dont 4get to tap and dont jump anywhere with out checking it first

I didnt find it that hard at all maybe go with some one that do all the killing and stay back safe if still cant?

wow! I didn't know that one player could die while the other still gets an ace! I'm going to use a second controller to ace full metal rabbit now, if that really the case.

EDIT: Nevermind, I Aced it with no other help right after I posted this. lol

Full Metal Rabbit and the level right after it are definitely the hardest. Although they still don't come even remotely close to the Bunker in LBP1!

Top Bottom