• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Failed to connect to players."

Now I remember why I hate MM's netcode for LBP1. :/

mclem

I think that may have been a router wibble at my end.

I've sent PMs to those who voiced an interest, but if anyone else wants to drop in, feel free to PM me and I'll get you in if we're not full.

TheSeks

mclem said:
I think that may have been a router wibble at my end.

I've sent PMs to those who voiced an interest, but if anyone else wants to drop in, feel free to PM me and I'll get you in if we're not full.

Yeah, it's still not letting me join. Guess I'll try again in an hour. :/

netguy503

We need four players (have 2) to play the game from the beginning please add me. PSN ID:Netguy503 to join the game. Please have a working mic. Thanks. :)

mclem

Well, that didn't go well. Huge lag when connecting to netguy; no significant lag, but connection issues in general with TheSeks. In an effort to drag this back ontopic: Is LBP2 at least better in *that* respect?

TheSeks

darkwing said:
has anyone tried lbp.me? regarding the queued levels functionality

It works in LBP1, but you need to go into your search page. But it's really nice.

Still can't connect to M. Sucks, as I need to get those 4/3/2x's done. :/

I need to get lbp2 to fix my Black & White Planet 3 player are already rateing it down when I've already put in title it will not work and i cant fix it in LBP1 I need LBP2 to do it.

Im going to shoot the next one that play it and rate it down when I have told them it dont work in it.

netguy503

TheSeks said:
It works in LBP1, but you need to go into your search page. But it's really nice.

Still can't connect to M. Sucks, as I need to get those 4/3/2x's done. :/

why didn't you ever try connecting to me? Out of the two of us, I had the better connection. Whenever he joined me it worked fine.

TheSeks

netguy503 said:
why didn't you ever try connecting to me? Out of the two of us, I had the better connection. Whenever he joined me it worked fine.

Before you joined, I was playing fine. As soon as you joined his game, I couldn't join. Try to join through him to you and can't join. So... :/

netguy503

TheSeks said:
Before you joined, I was playing fine. As soon as you joined his game, I couldn't join. Try to join through him to you and can't join. So... :/

Actually, if you check his post, he says even with just you and him was not so smooth. Hope this is better in LBP2.:/

And I echo the cry...Ustream it!!!

LBP.me is the thing I always wanted for the first game, it will drastically change the way I play user levels. Though I will still do random searches, I found it to be fun to have no clue what kind of level you are going to play.

Teknoman

Check out the sequence randomizer instruments.

Really missing smileys right about now...

MiamiWesker said:
LBP.me is the thing I always wanted for the first game, it will drastically change the way I play user levels. Though I will still do random searches, I found it to be fun to have no clue what kind of level you are going to play.

That was kinda cool to randomly pick a level and find something incredible or hilariously bad. I think thats how me and 3 other people found that fast food stage some JP guy made in LBP1:

kd66qe.jpg

Looking back, man am I glad LBP2 screenshots are alot bigger.

Stampy

jump_button said:
I need to get lbp2 to fix my Black & White Planet 3 player are already rateing it down when I've already put in title it will not work and i cant fix it in LBP1 I need LBP2 to do it.

Im going to shoot the next one that play it and rate it down when I have told them it dont work in it.

Why don't you just take the level down (lock it), for the time being?

Forsete

This is my most wanted game right now. Everything about it is great.
Btw, the Move support. Is it more varied than in LBP Move Edition game?

Ranger X

Forsete said:
This is my most wanted game right now. Everything about it is great.
Btw, the Move support. Is it more varied than in LBP Move Edition game?

What do you mean? The Prehistoric Move game? THAT is the move game in LBP2.
Full support is only planned for a later patch, one day.

Stampy

So for those who already finished the game, does it seem that we will have another frustrating level to ace in this game such as Bunker was in LBP1?

Forsete

Ranger X said:
What do you mean? The Prehistoric Move game? THAT is the move game in LBP2.
Full support is only planned for a later patch, one day.

Really?
IIRC at the end of the Prehistoric LBP game it said something like "This is only a taste of Move in LBP2" .. and the boxart has the Move sticker on it (I suppose because Prehistoric is included then?).

Full support? Okay, does that mean user created levels can not be made with Move in mind, from day one?

Stampy said:
Why don't you just take the level down (lock it), for the time being?

well i could lock it but they nothing wrong with it in LBP1 and it s a MM pick, Ill hate to have to take it down. Its just under new lighting all you see is black

Ranger X

Forsete said:
Really?
IIRC at the end of the Prehistoric LBP game it said something like "This is only a taste of Move in LBP2" .. and the boxart has the Move sticker on it (I suppose because Prehistoric is included then?).

Full support? Okay, does that mean user created levels can not be made with Move in mind, from day one?

As far as I know, there's only a "move mode" in LBP2. Sort of a seperate story mode if you wish. You can't do create stuff and publish a level that is played with the Move controller. MM hinted at patching Move stuff for user creations to be played with later down the line. Right now I think you might be able to use move for yourself in create mode if you prefer that to the controller.

Mik2121

Teknoman said:
Check out the sequence randomizer instruments.

Really missing smileys right about now...

That was kinda cool to randomly pick a level and find something incredible or hilariously bad. I think thats how me and 3 other people found that fast food stage some JP guy made in LBP1:

kd66qe.jpg

Looking back, man am I glad LBP2 screenshots are alot bigger.
What's the size of the LBP2 screenshots??

My Amazon prime runs out January 17th. I'm not seeing the option for any release day delivery on Amazon right now, whether it be free or 99 cents. I've set up release day delivery for games as late as Sunday night before. Anyone know what is going on?

Class_A_Ninja said:
My Amazon prime runs out January 17th. I'm not seeing the option for any release day delivery on Amazon right now, whether it be free or 99 cents. I've set up release day delivery for games as late as Sunday night before. Anyone know what is going on?
they probably changed their policy recently or something. games out in a week option is removed.

TheSeks

SolidusDave said:
twice the size of LBP1

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_aXs8WpAk8MY/TRX8lcPSU3I/AAAAAAAABVw/zAoWkCUqJ1I/A Photo.jpg[

and still not with all effects etc.

XMB screenshots, do you speak it? >:|

Well, at least it's better than it was. I just wish you could zoom in on Sackboy/people around you and have bigger sackboy/detailed shots. That's something that pisses me off about LBP1's camera/export actions. I take photos of myself and friends and our outfits and stuff in levels or in the pod and it's grainy as shit and small. WTF, MM. :|

Honestly, if I crop the box down to "Sackboy size" I expect the full photo to be a bigger/detailed shot of Sackboy. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. :/

Maybe they can patch in a zoom option or something, but games like Wipeout HD and Gran Turismo 5 have spoiled me on camera modes.

Ranger X

It's bad they aren't simply using the firmware's screenshot function. I never got why some games are doing their own photo devices. (GT5 is understandable though since there are filters and stuff)

Kevin Butler is trying to tell us something, lol.
KB's twitter said:
A rare KB #followFriday for our #lbp2record world record attemptees (attemptors?) @lugeyPS3 @JaeydenTweet & @gevurah22 tip: sleep NOW

Loudninja

LittleBigPlanet 2 Gamespot review 9.0
Like the most prolific creators in the series' community, LittleBigPlanet 2 is a game that just keeps on giving. That's also true of the first game, but what separates LBP2 from its predecessor is the sheer variety of games that are being created and will no doubt continue to be created for many months to come. This isn't just a superbly presented game that incorporates multiple genres and comes packaged with a powerful creation suite, it's your doorway into a wonderfully charming, vibrant, and ever-changing universe where almost anything is possible. Even if you're not interested in designing and creating games yourself, LittleBigPlanet 2 is not to be missed.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/littlebigplanet2/review.html

Jaeyden

Snuggler said:
what record is he talking about?

These ones... :)

Longest marathon playing a platform game
Most user-generated videogame levels played in a marathon
Most gaming genres in one videogame (Media Molecule gets this one)
Most player-created levels in one videogame (Media Molecule again)
Most videogame genres played in one videogame in 24 hours
Most user-generated videogame levels played in 24 hours
Longest marathon playing LBP2

Come see us if you're in the area.

The LittleBig World Record
Monday Jan 17th 4pm – Wednesday Jan 19th 6pm.
Sony Style Store – 550 Madison Avenue (the corner of 55th and Madison)
Or check out the stream at http://gamingworldrecord.ign.com/

ok, I'm going for the BestBuy CE pre-order. I save $10 and I have ~40 reward zone points from X-mas shopping and gamer's club points. I haven't had the hype until a few weeks ago, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the crazyness and yelling that comes with these games. I wish I could have had some time with the tools before now.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
jump_button said:
Have they change the floaty jump?
The default and story mode jumps are the same as LBP1, or it wouldn’t be LBP. The level creator is free to set what ever jump they want as seen here.

I love this. I am fine with the Little Big Planet jump and platforming, but what I love is the gameplay variety this will open up to level makers. I also love the fact that you can string together levels to truly make your own game with different levels. I only played maybe 20 or so levels in LBP1 but I will go out of my way this time to find the creative, well done ones this time around. I might even make one myself, even if it would take away from the development time on my own game but we'll see about that.

mclem

Jaeyden said:
Most gaming genres in one videogame (Media Molecule gets this one)

Obviously, I don't know just how much is on the disc of LBP2, but I suspect Wario Ware would give it stiff competition.

Top Bottom