• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

TheSeks said:
Yeah, basically: I want the Sackbot to "hit it's marks" and for that I want to guarantee it through the recording function. I mean, is that possible? The major problem I have right now is that I can't put the Sackbot in the front/driver seat during recording (or without recording) so I'm curious if it's possible to do. I mean I've seen the bots flying the bees in story mode in cutscenes, so I know something of the form is possible... but... :/
Once you get the sackbot in the driver's seat, you can record actions to feed into the controlinator. The easiest way to get a sackbot into a controlinator is to set only that specific seat to auto-enter.

I don't think the right analog stick movements are recorded, although that probably won't be a problem for most people.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, basically: I want the Sackbot to "hit it's marks" and for that I want to guarantee it through the recording function. I mean, is that possible? The major problem I have right now is that I can't put the Sackbot in the front/driver seat during recording (or without recording) so I'm curious if it's possible to do. I mean I've seen the bots flying the bees in story mode in cutscenes, so I know something of the form is possible... but... :/

What I'd do is to record the actions you want to the sackbot to perform and then have those recorded chips placed on a sequencer in the sackbot. Therefore you can properly adjust the timing involved with it. And make sure you set the controlinator you want to jump in with auto-enter. Ultimately, what you could do if you're having too much trouble is essentially create a separate set where it transitions your sackbot already in the controlinator.

Aside from that, when controlling the car, add some batteries to a sequencer and have their outputs connected to whatever controls the throttle. Doing it through the sackbot controlinator won't get you anywhere if you want everything automated.

One more thing before heading to bed. Here's a little teaser of what I've been working on lately. I shelved my Star Saviour project and went back to remaking my Fist of Craft Earth level with several improvements on top of making it way more grandiose. I'm getting close to completing the whole thing, so here's to hoping!

iwmGH.jpg

The Fist of Craft Earth Boss Test (WIP Teaser): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9JgDASQ5c

donkey show said:
One more thing before heading to bed. Here's a little teaser of what I've been working on lately. I shelved my Star Saviour project and went back to remaking my Fist of Craft Earth level with several improvements on top of making it way more grandiose. I'm getting close to completing the whole thing, so here's to hoping!

http://i.imgur.com/iwmGH.jpg

The Fist of Craft Earth Boss Test (WIP Teaser): [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9JgDASQ5c[/url][/QUOTE]

:b looks nice can you grab it arms and pull them off?

wouwie

Finished the story mode yesterday and loved it. Instead of being a pure platformer, it was a showcase of the new things that are possible in lbp2. Some of those new mechanics worked really well, some didn't. I wish the game was a bit longer though because i enjoyed playing it so much.

It remains to be seen if any of those mechanics (eg a sideways scroller) will result in a game that is as much fun as a standalone game based on the same mechanics though. Judging by the MM levels, we (or MM) aren't there yet.

I loved the cutscenes and voice acting, the other characters in the story and the general look of the game. It looked stunning at times. The music was great too.

The grappling hook was kind of difficult to control. It rarely did what i wanted it to do. Problem seems to be that you select direction and cord length with the same left stick. I liked the "cat" thing that you could roll and boost up walls.

Anyway, i'm going to go through the story one more time to collect as much as possible before delving into the user levels.

Hello!

I just finished my first LBP2 level. It's for a contest on a Dutch gamessite in cooperation with SCEE...

The theme had to be: 'Killzone, made in Holland', so I made a short intro for it.

It's essentially a mini-game, much like Doodle Jump, Mega Jump and Abduction.
You use the sixaxis motion controls to move you character left and right while trying to get as high as you can using the jump-pads.

Check it out:
http://lbp.me/v/xkhydj

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVjn0ytRAU

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lance Bone Path said:
Once you get the sackbot in the driver's seat, you can record actions to feed into the controlinator. The easiest way to get a sackbot into a controlinator is to set only that specific seat to auto-enter.

I guess I'm gonna have to look at the seats to see if the front one is set to auto-enter or not.

Donkey Show said:
Aside from that, when controlling the car, add some batteries to a sequencer and have their outputs connected to whatever controls the throttle. Doing it through the sackbot controlinator won't get you anywhere if you want everything automated.

That seems like way too much hassle going from the idea of "build set. Set cameras and angles. Have 'actor' go through camera marks. Make sure it looks okay. Set sequencers for 'film' set level to film mode. Boom, done."

Stantron

I ran into a glitch last night were all the logic on the microchip of one of my objects became non-movable and non-delete-able. I could still modify their parameters and connect/delete wires. If I made a copy of the logic and pasted them on a new microchip, the copies would also have the same problem. I had to delete the whole object entirely and start over. It happened to me once a few days ago too. Anyone else experience the same, or know what causes this?

magicaltrevor said:
Hello!

I just finished my first LBP2 level. It's for a contest on a Dutch gamessite in cooperation with SCEE...

The theme had to be: 'Killzone, made in Holland', so I made a short intro for it.

It's essentially a mini-game, much like Doodle Jump, Mega Jump and Abduction.
You use the sixaxis motion controls to move you character left and right while trying to get as high as you can using the jump-pads.

Check it out:

Thanks!!
It's a decent minigame but using the sixaxis is really frustrating. I wouldn't be missing so many of these bounce pads if I was using L3 to move. Why not let the player choose which controls to use? Also, you should be able to skip the cutscene.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm thinking of buying all level-kits. What I want to ask is: is it worth it?

Stantron said:
I ran into a glitch last night were all the logic on the microchip of one of my objects became non-movable and non-delete-able. I could still modify their parameters and connect/delete wires. If I made a copy of the logic and pasted them on a new microchip, the copies would also have the same problem. I had to delete the whole object entirely and start over. It happened to me once a few days ago too. Anyone else experience the same, or know what causes this?
Haven't experienced anything like that on this end. Does it just happen for no particular reason and have you been able to replicate the issue aside from copy pasta-ing onto another chip?

kinoki said:

I've used materials from the MGS, PotC, and Incredibles kit very frequently, especially the music in the latter two. Do it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
donkey show said:
I've used materials from the MGS, PotC, and Incredibles kit very frequently, especially the music in the latter two. Do it.

Thanks. Then I'm doing that as soon as I can get home from work. That and Stacking, ofcourse.

jump_button said:
well have a look yourself they list everything you get and they show them too

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en/game_guide/ps3/downloadable_content/
Holy crap an Iron Man 2 suit, how did I not know about this. Totally buying the Marvel level kit and costumes now, especially since you can make sackboy fly and shoot stuff now without the in-game powerups.

kinoki said:
Pirates and MGS packs are really fun to play, and you get quite a few materials and decorations with them. If the rest are as good as the two I mentioned (and I imagine they are) then it's very good value for money.

kinoki

You had me at hello. Will buy. 10 minutes left until I get to go home. Can't come soon enough. Too bad lbp.me doesn't work at work or I'd have a whole queue too to look forward to. :(

Stantron

donkey show said:
Haven't experienced anything like that on this end. Does it just happen for no particular reason and have you been able to replicate the issue aside from copy pasta-ing onto another chip?
I don't recall what caused it the first time, but now that I think about it, it may have something to do with the fact that the object is a captured object and is being emitted, and the original object is already destroyed. Maybe the game limits what you can edit under these conditions.

On a totally different note, what do people think would be a good theme for the first big DLC pack? Uncharted or Mass Effect could make for some good content.

Stantron said:
I don't recall what caused it the first time, but now that I think about it, it may have something to do with the fact that the object is a captured object and is being emitted, and the original object is already destroyed. Maybe the game limits what you can edit under these conditions.

On a totally different note, what do people think would be a good theme for the first big DLC pack? Uncharted or Mass Effect could make for some good content.
That could be the case. Try it out again and see if it happens.

As for the theme, they have been sitting on the Final Fantasy IP forever now...
it's probably not going to happen in the near future

ijed

Stantron said:

I found this happens for community objects other people have made, I had to copy each bit of logic individually and rewire it up before I could do anything besides changing parameters.

Ranger X

So is there a way I can use a controllinator but without actually seating in it?

I want to give "orders" to a sackbot but I want the player to be SackBOY and not a Sackbot.

Ranger X said:
So is there a way I can use a controllinator but without actually seating in it?

I want to give "orders" to a sackbot but I want the player to be SackBOY and not a Sackbot.
Have the controlinator set to receiver, but use controlled by nearest player versus any of the 8 colors.

Stampy

Is anyone constantly getting a glitch where the sound goes off in the create mode and you have to turn off the game to fix it. I have been getting this every hour or so... :/

fernoca

Got this! :)
Booo at the black & white instruction booklet, but still the game looks pretty!

I'll see if I can actually create something; unlike the PS3 and PSP games were I never did anything except playing around. :p

Stampy said:
Is anyone constantly getting a glitch where the sound goes off in the create mode and you have to turn off the game to fix it. I have been getting this every hour or so... :/
It happened to me last night once when I was online in create mode. Thought my sound system was busted for a sec, lol.

Ranger X

This bug is very bad since it's busting the whole sound in the whole game. Not just the create mode. I get it from time to time, I hope MM will fix this.

Ranger X

Mechanical Snowman said:
I've never got this and I'm pretty much on LBP whenever my PS3 is on. Might it be a region specific issue?

There are tons of reasons why this can happen but I doubt the regions are doing anything.

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
This bug is very bad since it's busting the whole sound in the whole game. Not just the create mode. I get it from time to time, I hope MM will fix this.
Weirdly enough, it hasn't happen to me neither.

I wish there was a proper silver / gray sticker. I'm trying to make the Ironman suit look like the one Rhodey stole in Ironman 2 but the only 'grays' are either too yellow or too blue.

Mechanical Snowman said:
I've never got this and I'm pretty much on LBP whenever my PS3 is on. Might it be a region specific issue?
Dunno really, but I doubt region is the issue. It only happened to me just yesterday and only in create mode while I was online and I've been on pretty much every day after work. I did just cross 1440 minutes in create mode, so who knows.

Also, I took a pic of the current logic of my little character in my top down beat-em-up. http://i.imgur.com/icGbG.jpg Blargh.

Stantron

^ Dat Logic. >_<

donkey show, I've got a question you can probably answer...
Ok, so I've got a player controlled sackbot that emits a large hologram object.
I've also got "enemy" sackbots that I'd like to send a signal to logic the instant ANY part of the hologram object makes contact with the enemy sockbot.

Right now, I have a tag placed on my hologram object, and a tag sensor on my enemy sackbot with a radius circle that is just big enough to capture the entire sackbot. The problem is that the actual tag needs to enter the tag sensor radius in order to send the signal. I'd like it have it so that the signal is received if ANY part of my emitted object enters the tag sensor radius. You got any ideas how I can do this?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Stampy said:
I had this happen once. I had to restart my ps3.

Stantron said:
^ Dat Logic. >_<

I've also got "enemy" sackbots that I'd like to send a signal to logic the instant ANY part of the hologram object makes contact with the enemy sockbot.

Right now, I have a tag placed on my hologram object, and a tag sensor on my enemy sackbot with a radius circle that is just big enough to capture the entire sackbot. The problem is that the actual tag needs to enter the tag sensor radius in order to send the signal. I'd like it have it so that the signal is received if ANY part of my emitted object enters the tag sensor radius. You got any ideas how I can do this?
Quoting for interest.

Inspired by an Amiga classic, for 2-4 players. I've been testing this level made by Shifty Geezer (from Beyond3D), and while playing it with a dummy second player I was actually joined by a random player too, and we actually just played the game and had fun. The vents are very cool, as are the heat seeking mines. Neat stuff.

http://lbp.me/v/xm0nky

Stantron said:
^ Dat Logic. >_<

I guess there's a couple ways you can do this.

1) the quick and dirty way: add a bunch of small keys around the border of the emitted object to ensure at least 1 key gets within the radius. less thermo friendly in the grand scheme of things, but it works.

2) create hologram hitboxes that follow the sackbot that have an impact sensor on them. that impact sensor should be set to activate only by a key. Therefore whenever your emitted object with is what I assume is a "damage key" touches that hologram, it will activate that impact sensor only, nothing else.

Stantron

donkey show said:
I guess there's a couple ways you can do this.

1) the quick and dirty way: add a bunch of small keys around the border of the emitted object to ensure at least 1 key gets within the radius. less thermo friendly in the grand scheme of things, but it works.

2) create hologram hitboxes that follow the sackbot that have an impact sensor on them. that impact sensor should be set to activate only by a key. Therefore whenever your emitted object with is what I assume is a "damage key" touches that hologram, it will activate that impact sensor only, nothing else.

Ha, yeah, I've tried the quick and dirty method, and for the most part it gets the job done, but it's not that elegant. Thanks for the alternate solution. I'll give this a shot later on tonight. As long as ANY part of the emitted object (with the tag) can trigger the hitbox hologram, this will work perfectly.

Stantron said:
Ha, yeah, I've tried the quick and dirty method, and for the most part it gets the job done, but it's not that elegant. Thanks for the alternate solution. I'll give this a shot later on tonight. As long as ANY part of the emitted object (with the tag) can trigger the hitbox hologram, this will work perfectly.
Yup, that should be the case. I've done this with Sackbots only being able to jump on certain surfaces with this method and other various projectile related things.

I got a bit carried away with my level (which started off as a mess about to get used to everything) so I published it. I got a warning my level overheated then the thermometer went back down to the forth from top bit.... where its been stuck for ages it seems.

I like making things but the logic stuff still dumbfounds me somewhat. I thought it was a bit rubbish myself but the first person who played it hearted it... onward to bigger (or slightly better) things!

Oops! Here's the link if you want to see what some one whos struggling with it all has done....

http://lbp.me/v/xnbw54

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
donkey show said:

The Fist of Craft Earth Boss Test (WIP Teaser): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9JgDASQ5c

That looks awesome! Great job, can't wait to play it!!

fernoca

r1chard said:
There's an instruction booklet?
Yeah. :p
Disappointed it was black and white, after the first one being full color, plus the whole colorful aspect of the game. Hope it was just on a case basis, and that Sony doesn't start going for the cheap route. :p

Anyway, really enjoy everything so far. The new items, everything feels better done and organized; though hanging onto things is still a little bit tricky, no biggie.

EDIT:
Oh, and no sound cutting off yet.....though I'm early, on my friend's copy last week sound was cutting right in the intro sequence with the staff/credits.

Ranger X

Cool. I got one of my basic concepts done for my new level!

I now have a function for "Follow / Wait" on L2 button for giving orders to sackbots. :)

HA! My level is FINALLY done. And I'm pretty happy about it :)

Learned a lot from this one. And luckily, one of my mates wanted to help out.

Back to Helghan

First, you'll get the intro (prelude).

Screens:

179a2042b8a60104d6ecc466de06a7b5fa3fa0cb.jpg

efa9f5103c56be293c09bb9de067b329af60233b.jpg

789e8d2e82cc28cae6eb73b0c45d43d46530abd9.jpg

Then on to the game itself. I build in a complete menu:
- Play Now
- Prelude (watch intro)
- Tutorial (learn to play)

The game is much like Doodle Jump / Abduction... You control the character with the Sixaxis Motion Sensor and go from platform to platform. For every hit platform, you get points. After you hit a platform, it'll disappear shortly after. There are power-ups as well, which will take you up faster if you jump into them.

Screens:

549710cf6a27ca19efacdab4b5d378f5a5084457.jpg

b8406f8b7c7772697c64652fdc8fdf3e0e27801b.jpg

d6747b88fb7f630cb574d8ba7abc4b0f5eaa5438.jpg

fd22a1a6a924779de1057a67e4b64a9d2dfbf2a3.jpg
[/b]

Top Bottom