• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Squishy

I don't think this level is complete enough to deserve being posted in the Community Levels Thread, but I would like some feedback so I thought I would post it here;

81269a2e2924e5815ff43c8780b93a660960c612.png

Deep Sea Exploration

http://lbp.me/v/xt6cxb

This level is a collection of several different ideas I had but couldn't do because it either overheated the thermometer or was just too ambitous for me to be able to finish. The thermometer is actually full on this level too, not that it really shows. vIt is very rough around the edges, and was published mainly so that people can test out the vehicles and give feedback.

Essentially you control either a submarine or a giant jellyfish and navigate it through a cave. I've only really been focusing on the sub and the jelly so far, plus making a few creatures and enemies, but they don't quite act the way I hoped. The actual level is a placeholder; I literally just chucked a bunch of creatures in the water, so it isn't very challenging at the moment.

47c1040af836e208ede21dcb11272c724c2824fd.jpg

f1b1e6d93ce70e277303b309da97017561471563.jpg

Unfortunately the jellyfish's tentacles tend to break pretty easily, but I think the movement of it in general is pretty good.

12517e35381e11c976c8c5026b0f81a77d1c878c.jpg

Anyway, it would be good if you could try it out. I've somehow spent well over 24 hours in create mode on stuff related to this level, but I guess alot of it was experimenting and tweaking (plus alot of mucking around).

^ That looks sexy. I'll check it out later on tonight. =)

SolidEyeSystem said:
Don't think Donkey has posted this yet, but his level is up!

http://lbp.me/v/xt6jj6

Haha, quick eye there! But yeah, it's finally done thank god.

710aae8723bc5e9fa1dd0d67863e722cb5b2f3a7.png

The Fist of Craft Earth

YSVX5.jpg

dvwN1.jpg

xhUEq.jpg

zxveH.jpg

CnaDm.jpg

Some of you might have seen this level before from the beta, but it's been brought back to life in full form! If you've ever played a God of War/Dynasty Warriors/Devil May Cry type game before, hopefully you'll feel right at home with this level.

The goal was to see if I could bring that same level of action to LBP2 and here's to hoping I've reached a little bit of that same magic as those action games bring to the players out there.

- It has sharks, zombies, dinosaurs, and even a gigantic metal octopus!
- Pull off insane combos and see if you can reach 99 hits!
- Nutty special attacks and full screen supers!
- Beast Grip action similar to Devil May Cry 4's devil bringer
- Regenerative health

The youtube is still uploading, so I'll post when it's done. Hope you guys like it!

Teknoman

Damn, Beat Factory is worth it for the soundtrack alone.

Anyone know what instrument the creator is using for the strong drum beat?

Queued Fist of Craft Earth. Can't wait to play it after work tomorrow!

And yes, Poultry Panic was amazing! While not particularly challenging, it was still an extremely satisfying experience. The storytelling was top notch.

Xenon

Ranger X said:
It's either of your 2 solutions. If you're annoyed by both, you're in trouble! ;)
Besides, it saves memory to make as much stuff as possible glued to dark matter. Because this way the game doesn't treat it as a "lose object".

I had a feeling, but I was hoping maybe there was a trick I was missing.

SolidEyeSystem said:
Just wanted to say the level is great, I think I played it three or four times already. You really nailed the controls, I love em!

My first time playing the final door before the level link didn't open all the way and I had tough time getting through. Never happened again though.
Thanks man, glad you liked it! I was pretty worried about the controls considering I've tested it for so long, I might have missed out on what other people might have had issues with. Luckily, it's been okay so far after other people checked it out before publishing.

Also, that door thing happens to me, too. The logic suggests it shouldn't do that at all, but I dunno. At least it isn't a persistent thing for now.

And another +1 for Poultry Panic. It's a very cute platformer that even had shades of SMG at one point. ^^

Teknoman

Slermy said:
This is just a guess and I haven't tried anything like that, but a battery, sequencer, and setting the light to fade between that color twice but with different brightness settings?

Still cant get it right. It just ends up looking like its just changing colors quickly during the switch.

jax (old)

Banned
Gravijah said:
i wanna play lbp2 :( stupid money and game releases

LBP2 in australia went from $88 @ launch to selling @ $48 at some places 3 weeks after release. I still haven't bought it but damn, be pissed off if I did.

mclem

hitlerat said:
Any Super off-road clone (Top down racing, only one screen) ?

Thanks

It's more Indy Heat than Super Off-Road, but the MMPick level Mediterranean Street Racing fits that archetype pretty much perfectly.

mclem

hitlerat said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzKc1PnsR50
Thats fucking amazing...

Its possible to add randon boosts on tracks, and car upgrades (tires, engine, etc) like Super off-road does?

Theoretically, I don't see why not. I wonder how much thermo that uses, because ideally if you're trying to match up to Super Off-Road you want persistent stats between tracks, which I think would require everything to take place in the same level.

Hmmm. Or, you could do some funky encoding of stats in the score. That'd be interesting. At the end of level, the units are your nitro count, the tens are your engine bonusses, the hundreds are your steering bonusses, the thousands are your wins, ten thousands are second places, hundred thousands are third places...

When you get to the 'podium' level, or whatnot, your placings are converted into actual 'real' score.

Ranger X

Squishy said:
I don't think this level is complete enough to deserve being posted in the Community Levels Thread, but I would like some feedback so I thought I would post it here;

81269a2e2924e5815ff43c8780b93a660960c612.png

Deep Sea Exploration

http://lbp.me/v/xt6cxb

This level is a collection of several different ideas I had but couldn't do because it either overheated the thermometer or was just too ambitous for me to be able to finish. The thermometer is actually full on this level too, not that it really shows. vIt is very rough around the edges, and was published mainly so that people can test out the vehicles and give feedback.

Essentially you control either a submarine or a giant jellyfish and navigate it through a cave. I've only really been focusing on the sub and the jelly so far, plus making a few creatures and enemies, but they don't quite act the way I hoped. The actual level is a placeholder; I literally just chucked a bunch of creatures in the water, so it isn't very challenging at the moment.

Anyway, it would be good if you could try it out. I've somehow spent well over 24 hours in create mode on stuff related to this level, but I guess alot of it was experimenting and tweaking (plus alot of mucking around).

You can post your stuff in the community levels thread as it is, afterall, the place we are supposed to do so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419479

:)

DodgerSan

donkey show said:
You only want the winch to go in one direction when you hold it? Then go into the winch options, go down to motion, and then make the input action (third choice) directional.

And of course, make sure you connect the grab switch to the winch. ^^
K, bear with me as I say, I am totally new at this.

I've done the above, and as soon as I unpause the winch goes off. What I want is for it to stay still, winch up when grabbed, but return to it's start if it's accidentally dropped. I'm sure I've seen it done in levels.

Slermy

Teknoman said:
Still cant get it right. It just ends up looking like its just changing colors quickly during the switch.

Hmm... I'll try to take a look tonight and see if I can figure it out.

DodgerSan said:
K, bear with me as I say, I am totally new at this.

I've done the above, and as soon as I unpause the winch goes off. What I want is for it to stay still, winch up when grabbed, but return to it's start if it's accidentally dropped. I'm sure I've seen it done in levels.
If you've hooked up the grab switch to the winch, this shouldn't happen. Is there a wire coming out of the grab switch to the winch?

Thrakier

donkey show said:
If you've hooked up the grab switch to the winch, this shouldn't happen. Is there a wire coming out of the grab switch to the winch?

Your level was broken for me. The status bar wasn't showing and I wasn't able to activate the first checkpoint. I then wapred back to the beginning and stood in front of closed doors. :/

DodgerSan

donkey show said:
It's definitely attached, but I may have changed something else on the winch settings. I'll delete it and start from scratch later.

^ I think that's the only thing really. Perhaps you set one of the options to reverse?

Thrakier said:
Your level was broken for me. The status bar wasn't showing and I wasn't able to activate the first checkpoint. I then wapred back to the beginning and stood in front of closed doors. :/
Weird. That's never happened to me before both local and online. Again, the logic in there dictates that none of those things should happen, but who knows. There's been some strange wonkyness that rarely occurs in the level at times, but that dealt specifically with the gates. I'll see what's up when I get back home from work, but that's honestly the first time that's been brought up. Hopefully reloading will alleviate the issues, but if it doesn't, major apologies.

DodgerSan

Ok, this winch is killing me.

All I have is a block of dark matter, a sponge ball, and a winch connecting them (max 60, min 5, time 6 sec).

A grab sensor on the sponge, connected to the winch.

Set to on/off works fine, I can ride up and down.

Set to forward/back, the winch immediately winds up to minimum length and sits there. Grab sensor does nothing at this point.

Halp?

EDIT: GOT IT!

With the winch set to forward/backwards, I had to set the grab switch to invert output: yes. Now it works as I originally wanted :)

Thanks for the help Donkey.

DodgerSan said:
Ok, this winch is killing me.

All I have is a block of dark matter, a sponge ball, and a winch connecting them (max 60, min 5, time 6 sec).

A grab sensor on the sponge, connected to the winch.

Set to on/off works fine, I can ride up and down.

Set to forward/back, the winch immediately winds up to minimum length and sits there. Grab sensor does nothing at this point.

Halp?

EDIT: GOT IT!

With the winch set to forward/backwards, I had to set the grab switch to invert output: yes. Now it works as I originally wanted :)

Thanks for the help Donkey.
Glad you figured it out. Alternatively you can go into the winch settings and above where you choose on/off and directional is a setting where you can pick "reverse" which will do the exact same thing without inverting the grab switch.

Stampy

donkey show said:
Haha, quick eye there! But yeah, it's finally done thank god.

710aae8723bc5e9fa1dd0d67863e722cb5b2f3a7.png

The Fist of Craft Earth

Ohh, very nice voice work (best so far in LBP2), great gameplay mechanic, I love the fact that some strategy is needed, although it takes some time to figure out what works and what doesn't. How long did it take you to create it?

been working on trying to find best way to make a hub world have to say its not going to be easy alot of it i cant do befor i put it on the web and they i have to put in link and then go back and put links back lol could easy slip up and get it wrong

made the new sky town balloon

97f7771ee6e79b03d67f59f8405e5c26f7e6aaf7.jpg

still a long way off

Stampy said:
Ohh, very nice voice work (best so far in LBP2), great gameplay mechanic, I love the fact that some strategy is needed, although it takes some time to figure out what works and what doesn't. How long did it take you to create it?
Thanks man! Time wise, that's a little hard to say. I'd guess 2 1/2 weeks of 3 hours a day give or take, with the weekends being like 6 hours day.

You can get a secret pin today by placing the rose from the Valentines DLC on another player. Guests work too, if anyone cares about that sort of thing. :)

Teknoman

donkey show said:
LOL, beat the boss?

You too? I mean if we're comparing, it's more Butthead than Beavis. =P

Yeah thats true. I mean Beavis and Butthead was the first thing that came to mind when I heard it :D

ijed

Teknoman said:

Input action on Neon set to 'Dimmer'

Should then be able to use a timer set to forwards/backwards ...

This might help:
http://wiki.lbpcentral.com/Material_and_object_tweaks

Haven't been able to get on in a week due to personal circumstances and have a queue a mile long of levels I need to play. Damn Girl-Age interfeering with my LBP-Age >_<

Meohsix

Looks like update 1.1 they just pushed out fixed the sackbot/crown glitch. even if you did the glitch to get the crown you can no longer wear it.

didn't notice anything else in the update.

Top Bottom