• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Teknoman

donkey show said:
I didn't, but I modeled the voice after it.

It would be hilarious if Jeff Gordon sounded like that.

Also I just realized what you meant. Didnt notice that was actually Dudebro on the monitor :D

Slermy

Teknoman said:
Still cant get it right. It just ends up looking like its just changing colors quickly during the switch.

Got it!

Take a TIMER, connect output to the NEON LIGHT & TIMER. Set TIMER properties to "Input Action: Forwards/Backwards, Invert Output: Yes" and set NEON LIGHT properties to "Input Action: Dimmer".

Teknoman

ijed said:
Input action on Neon set to 'Dimmer'

Should then be able to use a timer set to forwards/backwards ...

This might help:
http://wiki.lbpcentral.com/Material_and_object_tweaks

Haven't been able to get on in a week due to personal circumstances and have a queue a mile long of levels I need to play. Damn Girl-Age interfeering with my LBP-Age >_<

Slermy said:
Got it!

Take a TIMER, connect output to the NEON LIGHT & TIMER. Set TIMER properties to "Input Action: Forwards/Backwards, Invert Output: Yes" and set NEON LIGHT properties to "Input Action: Dimmer".

Cool i'll give it a shot in abit.

EDIT: Now to figure out how to make the timer reset itself and continue the process.

Peetfeet! Take out all that smoke. You're probably using too many of those which is slowing down the level. Perhaps you could make the bombs more obvious as well. Fun level though!

STG

just a small question
me and my friend are working on a 1-4 player level with controlinators

how can we make that you automatic spawn in the controlinator and not at the normal level entry

I hope you guys know what I mean :)

STG said:
just a small question
me and my friend are working on a 1-4 player level with controlinators

how can we make that you automatic spawn in the controlinator and not at the normal level entry

I hope you guys know what I mean :)
Try tweaking the controlinator so it has a large enough radius and set it to automatically enter. Not sure how well this will work though.

Teknoman

Success! Thanks for the help on the pulsating light, finally figured out how to make it constantly pulse. Also managed to set up the ufo to move left and right and shoot in a loose pattern.

Now i've just got to figure out whether I want the game to start in a small town desert area, or attempt to tackle a big city invasion.

peetfeet

donkey show said:
Peetfeet! Take out all that smoke. You're probably using too many of those which is slowing down the level. Perhaps you could make the bombs more obvious as well. Fun level though!

There was 4 there and have taken down to 2 but not republished, will remove altogether and republish after a get back from work. Thanks for the play.

Edit: soz for the 2 posts, its early here and i forgot i just replied! :/

Ryn

Okay, a very important question...

288328p.jpg

This poofy guy, Mr. Suspicious. I beat the story mode and have not been able to find him anywhere. I'm guessing he might be hidden in a side level. Does anybody know where I can find Mr. Suspicious?

Teknoman

Ryn said:
Okay, a very important question...

288328p.jpg

This poofy guy, Mr. Suspicious. I beat the story mode and have not been able to find him anywhere. I'm guessing he might be hidden in a side level. Does anybody know where I can find Mr. Suspicious?

I think they used to be the puppytron (or whatever those robot dogs are called) before retail. The Negativitron and the bee vehicles also had graphical makeovers before release (looked different in beta/trailers).

Speevy

Banned
I had an idea for a creation tool, but it's probably too ambitious.

Okay, so you can create music in the game, and with enough time you'll have your tune just right.

Imagine if you could hum or play something into the mic and the game would create notes that sound like what you recorded. I know...silly, but it would be a cool feature.

ijed

Speevy said:
I had an idea for a creation tool, but it's probably too ambitious.

Okay, so you can create music in the game, and with enough time you'll have your tune just right.

Imagine if you could hum or play something into the mic and the game would create notes that sound like what you recorded. I know...silly, but it would be a cool feature.

Songsmith == No it wouldn't

You'd need the talking mouth to output frequency and volume data and instruments to have inputs for it to work anyway.

The Music Sequencer in LBP2 is still really powerful and so much better than what LBP1 had. If it supported the rockband keytar though....

George said:
Looks like update 1.1 they just pushed out fixed the sackbot/crown glitch. even if you did the glitch to get the crown you can no longer wear it.

didn't notice anything else in the update.
What is this crown everyone is talking about? I've seen it offered as a prize on LBP Central's Contest forums but there's no information on what it actually is.

donkey show said:
LOL, beat the boss?
Yeah, took me a while to get the hang of the combos and techniques though; I died a lot :p

Very impressive level in all aspects.

CozMick

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
What is this crown everyone is talking about? I've seen it offered as a prize on LBP Central's Contest forums but there's no information on what it actually is.

Something along the lines of "Handed out to creators with exceptional creator abilities"

Glad it's been fixed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
George said:
Looks like update 1.1 they just pushed out fixed the sackbot/crown glitch. even if you did the glitch to get the crown you can no longer wear it.

didn't notice anything else in the update.

Useless patch then.

(In before "B-BUT MY CROWN" white knight defenders. You have a pin/emblem for it. Show it on your profile if you want to prove your legit)

Figured it was more content and keyboard/mouse create support. Meh. :|

So, I browsed this thread and the community levels thread last night looking for cool levels to play. You guys weren't kidding about Poultry Panic. I was amazed at how touching the story of it was. Also, Blast Radius was quite awesome as well. I plan on playing more levels today, since last night I was quite tired. I'm just glad that people are making awesome community levels.

Mechanical Snowman said:
Congrats on getting your level in the cool levels sub-forum donkey show.
Ah thanks man! Hope people are enjoying it with some of the flow changes I recently made.

And I'm liking the pics people are taking. ^^

T7NOm.jpg

KljfC.jpg

TslP9.jpg

It helps to see where I didn't clean up some stuff like those destroyer tools on the octopus' legs... FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Haha, thanks guys!

I've also pimped out Poultry Panic on my twitter so hopefully that gets a couple more plays. A very simple and effective and heartwarming level. =)

BeeDog

Jumped into LBP2 again for half an hour, and tried a couple of levels such as Poultry Panic and The Fist of Craft Earth. Goddamn, Poultry Panic must be the best community level I've tried so far. Simple, fun, very nicely made and actually pretty emotional (well, at least it was more emotional than the entirety of Flower). Great stuff!

mclem said:
Real-life only, or can I encounter him online and slap him in the face?
make a youtube video high fiving or tell him to "press hand here" type of video. send it to him. make sure to post your PSN name.

mclem said:
Real-life only, or can I encounter him online and slap him in the face?
LOL, last time I checked slapping didn't count as a high-five. But yeah, IRL only.

DMPrince said:
make a youtube video high fiving or tell him to "press hand here" type of video. send it to him. make sure to post your PSN name.

Already shot down by Mm. =P

Tom_Molecule via littlebigworkshop forums said:
lol - charming little story, nice try!

But this pin is strictly for real high-fives only. And afaik so far that only been Gevurah22 who was in the office just before Christmas.

EG Expo in October, E3, maybe GDC might be potential opportunities but really - don't stress, it's just a bit of fun chaps ;P

So set your stalker mode on guys if you really want that pin!

mclem

donkey show said:
So set your stalker mode on guys if you really want that pin!

It has crossed my mind that I'm quite capable of taking some time off work and going to lurk outside an office on a work day. He has to come out sometime. He has to.

Edit: From browsing the website - purely for academic interest, and not looking for an address, honest - I noticed this:

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Spaced references? I knew I liked those guys for a good reason.

from LBPC

Hey, well I sorta did a code hackathon (READ: hacking together code not HACKING as in evil) and my result is a LBP.me sig for LBP2Blog.com, and we will be launching it soon but im looking for feedback on this before I fully launch it...

Here is a preview of it.
2yxnoly.png

Now all I need is some feedback on it on what you like, don't like etc.

It will launch in 11 themes (popit colors) like this
2emfrf8.png

Any one have any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

what happen to the widgets from LBP.me? Im worryed they had droped http://lbp.me/widget_wizard

wouwie

Never tried the create mode in lbp1 but i was curious and watched all 52 tutorials in lbp2. They give a good general overview of what is possible in create mode. I then forgot nearly everything from them and just started from a blank canvas trying to make something.

The first hour or so i was cursing the thing but step by step, i got used to it and now i'm impressed with the create mode. It really feels as if you are actually building a level with scissors, chisel and a hammer out of wood, paper or any other material available. It feels quite natural.

Not saying that it is easy to make a good level though and my respect for level creators is even bigger after learning what goes on behind the scene. It still seems quite a long way (and many hours) to craft a decent level out of this rather wonderful diy buidling kit. But it's fascinating and i can imagine it being quite addictive once you get started in doing a proper level.

Thrakier

donkey show said:
*checks lbp.me*

:O

Got Mm Picked: http://lbp.me/v/xt6jj6

Congrats! Your level is surely a great achievement in a technical way. Those combos and stuff are really impressive. Honestly though, I don't think that this type of gameplay transfers to a 2D Plane very well.

This chicken level however...that was something special. Liked the gameplay mechanic and the story...awesome. :)

Ranger X

wouwie said:
Never tried the create mode in lbp1 but i was curious and watched all 52 tutorials in lbp2. They give a good general overview of what is possible in create mode. I then forgot nearly everything from them and just started from a blank canvas trying to make something.

The first hour or so i was cursing the thing but step by step, i got used to it and now i'm impressed with the create mode. It really feels as if you are actually building a level with scissors, chisel and a hammer out of wood, paper or any other material available. It feels quite natural.

Not saying that it is easy to make a good level though and my respect for level creators is even bigger after learning what goes on behind the scene. It still seems quite a long way (and many hours) to craft a decent level out of this rather wonderful diy buidling kit. But it's fascinating and i can imagine it being quite addictive once you get started in doing a proper level.

You should take part, you will devellop the taste.
Some old players like me or Donkey Show will plan and make some crazy complicated and long projects (although Donkey style is more complicated than mine lol) but we all started small afterall. Try to make a small but nice level, the result might just be super satisfying and giving you the taste for a bigger project.

^ Agreed. Start small, tinker with stuff, then hopefully that spark ignites something awesome. Never expect groundbreaking stuff right from the get-go, but you never know. =)

Thrakier said:
Congrats! Your level is surely a great achievement in a technical way. Those combos and stuff are really impressive. Honestly though, I don't think that this type of gameplay transfers to a 2D Plane very well.
Thanks man, and that's totally cool. It was primarily an exercise of "can it be done?" especially since I was playing a lot of games like that on the side. Although I do feel personally that it came out a lot better than expected. I tend to make a lot of fringe stuff in LBP that I don't expect people to get because the goal is to break typical conventions, but at the least I'd like to provide a diversion from the usual stuff out there, lol.

But Poultry Panic is classic LBP no doubt.

Top Bottom