• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Stampy

Teknoman said:
I'd think it would be something similar to the cutscenes in the story mode...then again, those seem to usually be separate levels for the most part.

Well, I have discovered something very stooopid. When changing to the cinema mode, the shaking effect of the camera is greatly lost. Bah, screw cinema mode, I am doing nonplayable intro level in a cooperative mode. :D Take that LBP, wanting to take all the fun from the game, world, universe and beyond...

satriales

I'm happy to say that my problems with 'complex objects' have all gone now. It was definitely a bug as the level causing me trouble was this:
003f7ed656dce58415aea147043eac45ca7cf3bd.jpg

but now it currently looks like:
66e5835a0ca78615378ef1b17050e314211e2133.jpg

664bc76dce033879f4e7ade26966d9ee584679ee.jpg

and i'm having no more issues :)

Speevy

Banned
I have a question. My PS3 died in the last few months, and I managed to download pretty much every DLC thing that I lost on this new machine.

Would it benefit me to go back to the first LBP (which I have)?

Commodore

Me and my wife finished the SP story this week, totally converted her. She loves the game. We love playing a few levels after dinner, just a fantastic pick and up play game. Though as we've been trying out a ton of new levels, she has discovered she loves the adventure types the most. Levels like Patchwork World, platformers, pure fun types of experiences with a bit of puzzles. Any suggestions?

Ranger X

satriales said:
I'm happy to say that my problems with 'complex objects' have all gone now. It was definitely a bug as the level causing me trouble was this:

but now it currently looks like:
[.lbp.me/img/ft/664bc76dce033879f4e7ade26966d9ee584679ee.jpg[/img]

and i'm having no more issues :)

So what was the problem?

Speevy

Banned
Okay, another question (not that more than 5 users are active in this topic anyway).

If I had a save from another profile, could I use it to "catch up" on LBP content, or will it make me earn all the stuff with my current profile?

satriales

Ranger X said:
So what was the problem?
I don't know exactly but I think loading up my sprite level was causing the bug and it affected any other level I make (telling me my level was too complex and causing objects to turn invisible) until I restart the PS3. As long as I stay away from playing/editing the sprite level then my other levels are ok.

Speevy

Banned
I had kind of a breakthrough tonight and am really in love with the next section of my level.

It won't get me on the MM picked list and I would be surprised if more than 10 of you play it, but I really am happy with how this is turning out.

Shearie, you MUST give me your feedback on this.

Hanmik

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
PLANTS VS ZOMBOTS (created by Foggles)
8d193e9f0781736f54a4f4254975b559dadd3e71.jpg

d77a0cb54736f2429309b431bffb49683b9a4dcd.jpg

GAMEPLAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVoCkNh6OlM

LBP.ME: http://lbp.me/v/x252cr

Level description :
There's a Zombot on your lawn! A tribute to Plants vs. Zombies (available now on PSN). Single player only. Bonus points for beating it on hard. Zombie costumes by cyradius.

MOTHERofGOD.JPG

god damn that looked nice.. more levels, more plants , and he will have a job at gameloft..

r1chard

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
PLANTS VS ZOMBOTS (created by Foggles)
Oh man, I was just talking to a friend this morning about Plants vs. Zombies and how I should probably get it on PSN. And then I said, quite glibly, "but I guess someone will make it in LBP2 soon enough". I'm still gonna get it in PSN, but damn... :)

r1chard said:
Oh man, I was just talking to a friend this morning about Plants vs. Zombies and how I should probably get it on PSN. And then I said, quite glibly, "but I guess someone will make it in LBP2 soon enough". I'm still gonna get it in PSN, but damn... :)

Yeah, PvZ is still very much worth it. Its interesting because these remake levels are true to the full game and can practically pass as demos.

The things people do with LBP still manages to surprise me after years.

Ferrio

Banned
So even though my level dropped off plays, it's still getting a couple plays a day which is nice. Slowly having it's played/favorited number grow which makes me happy. Most recent play some guy played it 12 times...damn

http://lbp.me/v/wzsefj

newjeruse

Anyone want to guess why MM (Alex Evans and Anton Kirczenow) is meeting with other power players from Sony's internal studios (Christophe Balestra, Tim Moss, Christer Ericson)? All of them seem to be teasing an "epic" meeting they are having today. MM, ND, and SSM are represented. Probably something standard, but cool nonetheless.

A sampling:

ChristerEricson:
@mmalex @cbalestra @antonalog About half of the people in the room are on twitter. (The cool kids! ;)

mmalex mmalex:
@cbalestra @ChristerEricson @antonalog let's have the meeting on twitter!

cbalestra Christophe Balestra:
Today is boo... meetings all day long

antonalog Anton
Engage epic meeting

domlolz

Banned
so how are people doing the animated sprites for their levels are there any tutorials or can anybody briefly describe how it is achieved?

domlolz

Banned
Speevy said:
I'd love that if it meant I could collect all the unlocked content I lost when my PS3 died.

yeah, I aced/collected everything on my ps3 2 or 3 consoles back and I'd like to be able to play through again, I could just get LBP out but...I don't know really

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have they started selling the CE/Preorder stuff online yet? I saw a CE and a SE for sale, but only really wanted the Gonzo costume

zoner said:
Have they started selling the CE/Preorder stuff online yet? I saw a CE and a SE for sale, but only really wanted the Gonzo costume

CE stuff i cant see them selling but Preorder maybe late in the year

PS blog

Greetings, Sack-folk – another little update on community related fun from the world of LittleBigPlanet for you!

And firstly, something a little different… I’m guessing you might have heard the odd whisper and rumour that there’s a new game out this week by the name of Killzone 3. Now, it’s got a little less in the way of hessian sack, fluffy bunnies and jaunty hats compared to LBP, but it’s nevertheless a pretty awesome game

To celebrate the launch of both Killzone 3 and LittleBigPlanet 2, SCE Netherlands and insidegamer.nl worked together on a cool competition, challenging players to create Killzone and Holland themed LittleBigPlanet levels. The results were some very fun, creative and slightly surreal levels that are well worth checking out! There is a ‘hub’ level that gives you access to all the levels created for the competition – go to lbp.me to add it to your queue ready for some weekend gaming.

5476194584_a6e9c4ea55.jpg

It was awesome to see so many of you responding to James’ ‘Shameless Self-Promotion’ post last week with lbp.me links to your creations – it certainly gave many of us here lots to play with over the weekend! We’re working on a few ideas at the moment to help you guys promote your levels, and to ensure that the best get the attention they deserve – but in the meantime, I thought I’d start by giving a shout out to one level that I particularly enjoyed playing this week – Cogpunks by WillGuitarGuy. It’s a fun platforming level, with a very nicely executed and consistent visual style. Well worth checking out!

Finally – just a quick heads-up that over in the PlayStation community forums, they’re planning a fun little event based around the LittleBigMap for next week; check out the forums on Monday to find out more.

Shearie

Speevy said:
I had kind of a breakthrough tonight and am really in love with the next section of my level.

It won't get me on the MM picked list and I would be surprised if more than 10 of you play it, but I really am happy with how this is turning out.

Shearie, you MUST give me your feedback on this.

Would have never thought you would ever ask that after the last time I gave feedback to your level. :)

I'll definitely play through it and give you my world class videogame design feedback.

satriales

I'm an idiot.

I needed 25 unique tag sensors for some objects that are emitted in my level, but as there are only 8 different coloured tag sensors and I was already using 3 of them I went about creating some logic that allowed me to give each emitted object a 5-tag combination making it unique and recognisable.

53aae12ccd26c0892ea7b8f18a8aa73fe959d2dc.jpg

Then literally the minute I got it all working perfectly I discovered that tags can have labels as well as colours, thus this was a complete waste of time. Oh well, seeing as it works I'll keep it now.

Speevy

Banned
Shearie said:
Would have never thought you would ever ask that after the last time I gave feedback to your level. :)

I'll definitely play through it and give you my world class videogame design feedback.

Nah, I trust you. I'm just a bit sensitive sometimes.

Speevy

Banned
Hey, someone PLEASE answer this question. It's not really LBP2-related, but it will help me in the game.

I heard you can use a Bluetooth headset to record sounds better than the PS Eye.

I have one, but it's the old Warhawk Jabra one and it's paired with my dead PS3.

I cannot get my current PS3 Slim to recognize it.

Advice?

Speevy said:
Hey, someone PLEASE answer this question. It's not really LBP2-related, but it will help me in the game.

I heard you can use a Bluetooth headset to record sounds better than the PS Eye.

I have one, but it's the old Warhawk Jabra one and it's paired with my dead PS3.

I cannot get my current PS3 Slim to recognize it.

Advice?

I'm using that same Jabra, but not on a slim. I have used it on a Slim before and it worked fine. You might want to tinker with the bluetooth settings or I think you need to hit the reset button on the bluetooth.

nib95

Banned
I was playing this all day today with flat mates. OMG I'm so glad I bought it, it's UNBELIEVABLY fun! I prefer the SP campaign to the predecessor already! A lot more diverse and imaginative. I love that there's a cool new addition each world. The head cannons, grappling arm etc. Just awesome. And the jelly/jam/cake explosions, just look so awesome lol.

Anyway, can't wait to play some more. Just hope it's longer than the first.

Nyx

nib95 said:
I was playing this all day today with flat mates. OMG I'm so glad I bought it, it's UNBELIEVABLY fun! I prefer the SP campaign to the predecessor already! A lot more diverse and imaginative. I love that there's a cool new addition each world. The head cannons, grappling arm etc. Just awesome. And the jelly/jam/cake explosions, just look so awesome lol.

Anyway, can't wait to play some more. Just hope it's longer than the first.

Same here, bought the game on Saturday for my GF mainly, and myself a tiny bit, but I have to say I also love the game.

It’s so cute, and I like all the tiny changes to the gameplay in each world.

Slermy

Can anyone suggest stickers I can use as office clutter? Do any of the level/sticker/costume packs contain PCs, monitors, etc? I saw the Sonic Costume pack actually has old sprites as stickers, including the "monitor" power-up boxes.

satriales

You can always draw objects using stickers. My level has a few bookshelves and computer monitors and I just created the outline with cardboard and then layered stickers. It doesn't look amazing or anything but I didn't spend long on it.

I don't have a screen of the monitors, but in this one the bookshelves, drawers, table, doors, windows and ladders are all just stickers on top of flat cardboard objects.

04a04882de31a2317ed2a4a60a90731385580f7b.jpg

I find the best way to do it is to cut out the shape then before stickering it enlarge it about 4x the size, sticker it, then shrink it again afterwards.

Edit: Btw, if anyone wants to test my level I update it regularly. It's heavily based on the little-known Amiga classic 'Base Jumpers'. I have got the word system working reasonably well now I just have a few issues with collision detection picking up the letters and I haven't added in many word bonuses yet (so far it's just MAD, DIM, HAT/TOP), plus I've only just started the base jumping minigame so that looks very rough, the computer has no AI, and you don't have a parachute yet. All feedback (good or bad) is very welcome:

http://lbp.me/v/x5tswp

Slermy

satriales said:
You can always draw objects using stickers. My level has a few bookshelves and computer monitors and I just created the outline with cardboard and then layered stickers. It doesn't look amazing or anything but I didn't spend long on it.

I don't have a screen of the monitors, but in this one the bookshelves, drawers, table, doors, windows and ladders are all just stickers on top of flat cardboard objects.

IMG

I find the best way to do it is to cut out the shape then before stickering it enlarge it about 4x the size, sticker it, then shrink it again afterwards.

Cool thanks, I'll try that.

DrewM1788

Hey everyone, I made my first level finally. I put approx 28 hours into it so far because I'm awful at making levels. I hope some people check it out. It has a doodle jump type feel to it. There are still a few bugs that I'm trying to work out, but hopefully people here have some suggestions for making it better.

Journey to the Sun by DrewM1788
LBP.me: http://lbp.me/v/yc2mfn

Speevy

Banned
DrewM1788 said:
Hey everyone, I made my first level finally. I put approx 28 hours into it so far because I'm awful at making levels. I hope some people check it out. It has a doodle jump type feel to it. There are still a few bugs that I'm trying to work out, but hopefully people here have some suggestions for making it better.

Journey to the Sun by DrewM1788
LBP.me: http://lbp.me/v/yc2mfn

You level isn't horrible, it's just a bit unpolished. Keep working on it. Bounce pads are just fun, so basing a level around them is a sure sign that you're on the right track.

Speevy

Banned
Anyone interested in making a song in the sequencer for me?

I will literally pay you for your efforts. I'm so bad at it.

DrewM1788

Speevy said:
You level isn't horrible, it's just a bit unpolished. Keep working on it. Bounce pads are just fun, so basing a level around them is a sure sign that you're on the right track.

Is there any suggestions that you have for how I can polish it up?

Speevy

Banned
DrewM1788 said:
Is there any suggestions that you have for how I can polish it up?

I'm not a great designer myself, but if I could offer any advice, make everything less "random (something I fail at more often than not).

In other words, make it so when a player hits a jump pad, that player lands within a range of places you intend them to, and nowhere else. Also you might want to check on some of your anti-gravity settings and make sure dampening is at the point you want it to be.

But keep working on it. Play it, see what bothers you, fix that, play it again, fix that. It's a process.

DrewM1788

Speevy said:
I'm not a great designer myself, but if I could offer any advice, make everything less "random (something I fail at more often than not).

In other words, make it so when a player hits a jump pad, that player lands within a range of places you intend them to, and nowhere else. Also you might want to check on some of your anti-gravity settings and make sure dampening is at the point you want it to be.

But keep working on it. Play it, see what bothers you, fix that, play it again, fix that. It's a process.

I see what you mean, but at the same time I want it to be random so that it isn't the same level every time. I'm not sure what you mean about the gravity stuff. Each pad has antigravity, but a mover that puts it down at -3.0. When the player reaches 30,000 points, the movers increase to -4.0. And then finally at 50,000 points, the movers increase in speed to -5.0.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Alx said:
I hope I'm not spamming, I thought I had written a message here this morning but I can't find it any more.

So, I'm relaying a level made by a guy I know from another forum and who is still expecting his NeoGaf membership validation. His level has very positive feedback, so it may please some of you guys. :)

Link to the project :

Madness is an option
http://lbp.me/v/x1j470

This level will be featured on one of X-Play's upcoming LBP2 level roundups. Very nice work.

MattKeil said:
This level will be featured on one of X-Play's upcoming LBP2 level roundups. Very nice work.
Nice. That's definitely an awesome level to show off. You have a list of what's gonna be on that roundup?

Top Bottom