• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Quaz51

i made a Meat boy game with another creator (Kain 2097)
my part is all the logic/mecha. the meat boy control system (true meat boy gameplay), the inter-level data transfer between the five sub level and the main level (for pass main level intro and limit the player to one run only for every level), i made interface, others logic and LEVEL 3 (and tutoriel)

LITTLE MEAT BOY
088888a0ab8484f976e972d9e730d40117f30af4.png

http://lbp.me/v/yckvwt

8dd8bf4236baa2512f34c1669fe3fb22c97b1235.jpg
cd47d06c1fbb04ddcd451ae93a2bdf1a4db56d6b.jpg

fernoca

Quaz51 said:
my part is all the logic/mecha. the meat boy control system (true meat boy gameplay), the inter-level data transfer between the five sub level and the main level (for pass main level intro and limit the player to one run only for every level), i made interface, others logic and LEVEL 3 (and tutoriel)

LITTLE MEAT BOY
http://i8.lbp.me/img/bl/088888a0ab8484f976e972d9e730d40117f30af4.png
http://lbp.me/v/yckvwt

http://id.lbp.me/img/ft/8dd8bf4236baa2512f34c1669fe3fb22c97b1235.jpg
http://i4.lbp.me/img/ft/cd47d06c1fbb04ddcd451ae93a2bdf1a4db56d6b.jpg
Wow, really well made. :) :O!
Though the game was stuck in the loading screen when I clicked the 'First Step' option, clicking the levels worked fine..and loadings were fast too. :)

EDIT:
Dying so much in that Level 2 with the forks..but so awesome. :)
MAKE MOAR!!!

DrewM1788

Well, I've done some more work on my level since first posting it here. I think I have all the bugs worked out now.

Journey to the Sun by DrewM1788
http://lbp.me/v/yc2mfn

Journey through all the planets and try to reach the center of the sun in this challenging bouncepad platformer. Use powerups like the grappling hook and water gun to stay alive as long as possible. Oh, and watch out for those little aliens!

http://i0.lbp.me/img/ft/d40367e62f2b38737c3380cf3076a754b5073a33.jpg
http://i7.lbp.me/img/ft/c37dc3a1f1322e3a6ba34e3cc717c48cb8502982.jpg
http://ic.lbp.me/img/ft/15ca75b7e352470890f18f18cd7bea61d77d4dae.jpg

Slermy

Quaz51 said:

LITTLE MEAT BOY Images

I played through "First Steps" and part of Stage 1. It's pretty awesome, but I have a couple of requests. 1.) Could you add D-Pad support for Meat Boy's movement? 2.) Also, on the Xbox "B" is your run button (the same spot as Circle). Could you add that as an option as well?

Hixx

Slermy said:
I played through "First Steps" and part of Stage 1. It's pretty awesome, but I have a couple of requests. 1.) Could you add D-Pad support for Meat Boy's movement? 2.) Also, on the Xbox "B" is your run button (the same spot as Circle). Could you add that as an option as well?

Thought it was right trigger to run??

Slermy

HixxSAFC said:
Thought it was right trigger to run??

Crap, now I need to fire it back up. I can't remember now. I might have been having a Mario moment. But D-Pad support would still be appreciated. :)

Danielsan

Slermy said:
Crap, now I need to fire it back up. I can't remember now. I might have been having a Mario moment. But D-Pad support would still be appreciated. :)
Super Meat Boy has either trigger to run. Hence why I walked around with a claw hand for two weeks after the game got released.

Speevy

Banned
I don't know if this is being talked about or if it's old news or whatever, but several creators are trying out tech demos of "3D" gameplay.

Some of them look a little better than others, but I think they may have something there.

It's a camera trick which uses controllinators to make the player feel as though they're inhabiting a large 3D space.

Speevy

Banned
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Queued up!

So whats with all these recent 3D levels? I haven't been on in a while so I haven't gotten to see it. Is it different from the 3D effect from the beta?

Some of them look like they could do a decent Sin and Punishment clone, but none of them look adequate for 3D platforming.

I played an "RPG town" one in which I was stuck in a square vehicle (seems a normal requirement for the levels at this point) and moved around.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone has created some monstrosity that looks like Mario 64, which will be fun for a few minutes but nothing else.

Speevy said:
I don't know if this is being talked about or if it's old news or whatever, but several creators are trying out tech demos of "3D" gameplay.

Some of them look a little better than others, but I think they may have something there.

It's a camera trick which uses controllinators to make the player feel as though they're inhabiting a large 3D space.
Yeah, it's just a perspective trick, but it's definitely the one I've been looking for. My top down mecha are going to benefit so greatly.

fernoca

Yeah, I finished Little Meat Boy after an hour I posted here. And darn, that last stage! From 15k points I died so may times I ended with like 5k. XD

But really well done. Hope there are more at some point.

jmd494

Ok so I created a working catapult using a controllinator. I have a really cool level in mind but I am hitting an early roadblock.

CURRENT SETUP:

- R1 fires the catapult and simultaneously triggers a magic mouth that is fixed to the projectile (so that the camera tracks the projectile until you let go of R1)

- The left stick moves the catapult

- The right stick applies "aftertouch" to the projectile (there is an advanced mover on the projectile hooked up to the controllinator).

Currently, after I fire the catapult and let go of R1, the camera comes back to the player but the catapult is out of ammo.

DESIRED SETUP:

After firing, I want to be able to emit another projectile in the catapult so that I have unlimited shots. I can do this fine using an emitter but, the problem is, the magic mouth and advanced mover on the newly emitted projectiles don't sync up with the controllinator.

If anyone wants to see for themselves, please use the following link: http://lbp.me/v/yk07qm

farco1212

Neo Member
Hey GAF, I am trying to create the mechanics for a fighting game in LBP2 akin to Super Smash Bros. and I'm failing miserably.

So my question is, do you guys know of any fighting games in LBP2 that you would recommend me looking at for help and inspiration?

Also if anyone would be interested in joining my project feel free to add me: farco1212

fernoca

Sorry for asking this (and the lame bump), but I just finished the story mode (loved it and superior to everything to the first one); and I was wondering: What's the name of the last song during the credits? I really liked that song. :)

community_spotlight.png

LBC Community Spotlight Episode 58

PS3

Galactic Base Defence - 1.3 by urbandevill
Mediterranean Street Racing by steve_big_guns (LBP2 AD LEVEL) by steve_big_guns
Islands of Birds (1P) by jump_button
Saviour Machine : Prologue by Asbestos101
The Spire Part 1 by HughDawg03
Clockworx 2 by Nuclearfish
THE ABANDONED HIDEAWAY 3D by fenderjt
Stereo/mono 2 by Fyshokid
Donkey Kong (Retro Arcade Version) - UPDATED 2/7 [LBDW] by Chazprime
Tank Top Deathmatch! by NinjaMicWZ
Karkaneias Caves by XTrophx
The Mysterious Mines of Misfortune 2 by SX_Shookie99
Steel City Mini Game: Furnace Frenzy by Malhat06
Vietnam: FPS Advanced (With Co-Op Support) by PPp_Killer

PSP

Little Big Pyramid by NoGoodMonkey
Molten Popcorn Perils of the Third Kind by Jirugameshi
PacMan (survival challenge) by darcyh_
The Sky Islands of Oneiros Ch. 3 by SeekingTruth86

Holy craaaaaap. I just realized that this:

littlebigplanet2tree_2.png

is both a
brain and brainstem
and a Tree.

Mindblown. Did anyone else catch that?

EDIT: Thanks for the community update. Going to queue up all the levels I haven't tried yet.

SolidEyeSystem said:
Cool, there are a couple of levels in that list I haven't played. Congrats on being mentioned in the spotlight Jump.

Thanx I really didnt think I would anyway i hope they back on the rails now so we should get one every two weeks from LBPC

Ranger X

jump_button said:
community_spotlight.png

LBC Community Spotlight Episode 58

PS3

Galactic Base Defence - 1.3 by urbandevill
Mediterranean Street Racing by steve_big_guns (LBP2 AD LEVEL) by steve_big_guns
Islands of Birds (1P) by jump_button
Saviour Machine : Prologue by Asbestos101
The Spire Part 1 by HughDawg03
Clockworx 2 by Nuclearfish
THE ABANDONED HIDEAWAY 3D by fenderjt
Stereo/mono 2 by Fyshokid
Donkey Kong (Retro Arcade Version) - UPDATED 2/7 [LBDW] by Chazprime
Tank Top Deathmatch! by NinjaMicWZ
Karkaneias Caves by XTrophx
The Mysterious Mines of Misfortune 2 by SX_Shookie99
Steel City Mini Game: Furnace Frenzy by Malhat06
Vietnam: FPS Advanced (With Co-Op Support) by PPp_Killer

PSP

Little Big Pyramid by NoGoodMonkey
Molten Popcorn Perils of the Third Kind by Jirugameshi
PacMan (survival challenge) by darcyh_
The Sky Islands of Oneiros Ch. 3 by SeekingTruth86

Excellent!! I hope you can keep up doing this. :)

The Lamp

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Holy craaaaaap. I just realized that this:

littlebigplanet2tree_2.png

is both a
brain and brainstem
and a Tree.

Mindblown. Did anyone else catch that?

EDIT: Thanks for the community update. Going to queue up all the levels I haven't tried yet.

Holy crap. Mindblown. That is ingenious graphic design right there.

mclem

Mmmm, when I posted to the bug hunt forum they suggested that 'the next patch' would fix the crash bug I was experiencing. I'll have to try it out when I get the chance.

Edit: Oh, wait, it'll be fixed in "a future patch". No guarantee of this one.

Here's the changelog for 1.02

LBP2 Game update 1.02 - “Apple Cake” said:
It’s that time again! When you boot up your copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 today, you’ll notice a game update available, 1.02. Following the new tradition, it’s got the name of a cake and this time it’s called: Apple Cake. Purely because Charlotte in our Testology team made some very delicious Apple Cake for everyone yesterday morning. Nom!

It’s not a huge update, but it does contain some fixes for some issues that some players have been experiencing. Here are the release notes!

Fixed an issue where a player that imports a profile from a different user and declines the EULA can still play online. It should no longer be possible for a player that imports another users profile and declines the EULA to play online, selecting an online option should prompt them to re-read and accept/decline the EULA.
Fixed an issue whereby a client leaving an online create session would hang when they opted to use the “Import Profile” option after being returned to their pod.
Fixed an issue where some Japanese store text descriptions contained visible HTML tags.
Fixed an issue where players that had imported beta profiles and were using DLC assets they didn’t own could still use them. In 1.01 we fixed a problem to do with importing assets from the beta trial build which allowed users access to some rare DLC items. Part of the fix was to check for stripped assets and not allow a user to select them in pop-it. The item however would still be visible in pop-it and have an exclamation mark over its icon. Players could highlight one of these items and very quickly press the O and X buttons with it highlighted which would allow the user to still wear it.

Madman

Just played the D&D 3D level. Basically a tech demo but has a great concept and looks very impressive. Worth a playthrough.

Madman said:
Just played the D&D 3D level. Basically a tech demo but has a great concept and looks very impressive. Worth a playthrough.
Yeah, I played that the other day and it looks great in regards to the perspective, especially if you've been making top down stuff already. If he found a way to get multiple angles at that perspective, then it would've been ace.

I've been playing around with that "3D" perspective as well and one of the bigger issues has been keeping the perspective while rotating. There's a level that claims 3D rotation, but they're just moving the level while keeping the same camera angle, so it's not quite what I had wanted in regards to movement of freedom. Last night I came up with some pretty neat stuff using controllable multiple camera angles while keeping the same perspective, so hopefully I can drop a tech demo later on today or tomorrow. I also am working on a Starfox-esque rail shooter using that "3D" perspective which looks very cool so far. ^^

:b I did the 3D thing in the beta had a 4 way cam too I use it on that airship level didnt know noone know about it

here was my set up
as the player turn the key it set the cams odd best to but a delay or you make the player dizzy
35iwswk.jpg

PS dont put 3D in the Title all I ask

Madman

donkey show said:
Yeah, I played that the other day and it looks great in regards to the perspective, especially if you've been making top down stuff already. If he found a way to get multiple angles at that perspective, then it would've been ace.

I've been playing around with that "3D" perspective as well and one of the bigger issues has been keeping the perspective while rotating. There's a level that claims 3D rotation, but they're just moving the level while keeping the same camera angle, so it's not quite what I had wanted in regards to movement of freedom. Last night I came up with some pretty neat stuff using controllable multiple camera angles while keeping the same perspective, so hopefully I can drop a tech demo later on today or tomorrow. I also am working on a Starfox-esque rail shooter using that "3D" perspective which looks very cool so far. ^^
I was working on this during the beta. The camera would get really weird if you did anything but keep it at a fixed angle.

Cool to see the boundaries continually pushed though.

jump_button said:
PS dont put 3D in the Title all I ask
LOL too late. It's all in good fun though. :p. I wouldn't put that on a legit level.

But I'm thinking this camera originated from the beta because you can't quite replicate the same depth with these cameras... even with the tricks to get it at an "FPS" pov.

donkey show said:
LOL too late. It's all in good fun though. :p. I wouldn't put that on a legit level.

But I'm thinking this camera originated from the beta because you can't quite replicate the same depth with these cameras... even with the tricks to get it at an "FPS" pov.

you know you right had a try with the camera in LBP2 and i dont think it as far as it was hard to tell with out a screenshot in the beta you couldnt take pics, it would just come out all funny

and as for 3D in title

482.jpg

Why u mad, jump? =P

It's all in good fun, man.

As for the next big trend in levels, there's been a slew of drifting ones lately. Initial D popular again?

@Speevy, you start working on that idea you mentioned to me awhile back?

Top Bottom