• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Vaux

Almost beaten the story mode, lovin the levels more than i did the first lbp.
although the levels that had those little following robots were kinda of dull. im also getting alittle frustrated with the grappling hooks, when i try to swing it always reels me in, also im having trouble getting connected with other people, it almost always gets stuck on the loading screen, which i have to sign out than sign back in to get back to my pod.
Its easy to get top 10 scores since hardly anyone is online.
I havent even touched the create/build yet.

mclem said:
Obviously, I don't know just how much is on the disc of LBP2, but I suspect Wario Ware would give it stiff competition.
The assumption is if we play the user created levels, that would handily cover that goal. But you are right about Wario Ware for sure.

Anyway, off to NYC to get this party started!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just created a simple Lunar Lander game. Took me 15 minutes. These tools are mindblowing.

Now, I need to add Sackbots to rescue and some shooting device so I get closer to Pixel Junk Shooter.

Quick question: how do you make the camera to follow a sackbot and ignore the sackboy around the whole level? Is it possible? I want the player to control a custom astronaut sackboy as soon as he enters the level.

Also, they should really add a camera option to reduce depth. I've noticed this is possible only in movie camera, but not in game one. I want pure 2D. There has to be a way tho. One of the last story level appeared to be 2D.

On a unrelated note, why isn't my Prehistoric Moves video in the OP? Not that I'm an attention whore, but I believe it's the only video out there showing how those Move levels work and all.

Here is the link again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wrpVxQB6Y

Barrett2

Eventually stopped playing the first because some of the story levels were too hard for my wife, so it made playing cooperatively too stressful. How is the difficulty in this by comparison?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TTP said:
Quick question: how do you make the camera to follow a sackbot and ignore the sackboy around the whole level? Is it possible? I want the player to control a custom astronaut sackboy as soon as he enters the level.

Also, they should really add a camera option to reduce depth. I've noticed this is possible only in movie camera, but not in game one. I want pure 2D. There has to be a way tho. One of the last story level appeared to be 2D.

Might be an easier way, but IIRC you can just hook up a battery to the camera on the sackbot's circuit...the sackbot's camera will then always be on.

I think you can use movie cameras too in lieu of a game camera...I did that anyway, so I could reduce depth for gameplay. Can't remember if I was able to get rid of borders or not though.

^ Borders will disappear if you set the controllers to be active in a movie camera.

TTP said:
Just created a simple Lunar Lander game. Took me 15 minutes. These tools are mindblowing.

Now, I need to add Sackbots to rescue and some shooting device so I get closer to Pixel Junk Shooter.

On a unrelated note, why isn't my Prehistoric Moves video in the OP? Not that I'm an attention whore, but I believe it's the only video out there showing how those Move levels work and all.

Here is the link again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wrpVxQB6Y
You're a liar! =P

As for the camera following the sackbot, place a movie camera into its circuitboard have it be activated by the power button (preferably power button > sensor key, then on the sackbot, sensor switch to movie camera for wireless logic) on your controlinator that is being used to control the sackbot. Make sure you can turn the "controller active" setting on in the movie camera options. Change that depth slider, then bam.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
donkey show said:
^ Borders will disappear if you set the controllers to be active in a movie camera.

You're a liar! =P

As for the camera following the sackbot, place a movie camera into its circuitboard have it be activated by the power button (preferably power button > sensor key, then on the sackbot, sensor switch to movie camera for wireless logic) on your controlinator that is being used to control the sackbot. Make sure you can turn the "controller active" setting on in the movie camera options. Change that depth slider, then bam.

Amazing. Thanks!

And I'm not a liar! :p

Vaux

lawblob said:
Eventually stopped playing the first because some of the story levels were too hard for my wife, so it made playing cooperatively too stressful. How is the difficulty in this by comparison?
i found them to be alittle more difficult mostly cause of the equipment . when i was playing two players sometimes i lost track of my sacboy when we were bouncing of the jump pads. but nothing too bad.

Teknoman

donkey show said:

You're a liar! =P

Some of these protips need to be added to the OP. Or at least some sort of protip section that has a few small hints.

I didn't even attempt to make a level in LBP but the way you guys talk about it makes it seem really fun. I don't have any current ideas but I will be giving it a shot after I beat the SP levels.

DMPrince said:
are we going to create another thread for level creations and tips or just use the old LBP1 level thread?
Creation stuff should stay here, but a new thread for levels in the Online section would make sense.

Xenon

Lion Heart said:
I didn't even attempt to make a level in LBP but the way you guys talk about it makes it seem really fun. I don't have any current ideas but I will be giving it a shot after I beat the SP levels.

You should just play with the editor. I love creating workrooms with little gadgets and goofy things. Usually ideas for levels start growing around them. This will also help you get used to the editor when inspiration does hit you.

Xenon said:
You should just play with the editor. I love creating workrooms with little gadgets and goofy things. Usually ideas for levels start growing around them. This will also help you get used to the editor when inspiration does hit you.
That's what I ended up doing all the time. I never actually finished a level, just made vehicles and flying machines and stuff.

I know the LBP forums hold some really awesome vehicle creation competitions with a list of requirements and restrictions, some of you guys should sign up :D

Thats not a bad idea. Although for my first level, I think I will concentrate on level design, something challenging but fair. No speech bubbles, crazy themes or anything, just well placed platforms and enemies.

Ranger X

DMPrince said:
are we going to create another thread for level creations and tips or just use the old LBP1 level thread?

I'd like to make a thread for user levels like with LBP1 althought it wasn't really popular.
What do you guys think?

Would not be for now though, I'd wait until there's a little bunch of great levels created in the game. Maybe in 2 weeks or something.

netguy503

Any LBP1 GAF events today or tomorrow in anticipation for LBP2? I need to go through the whole story again to get all the prize bubbles because my PS3 YLOD'ed and I lost all my content. Could be fun with 3 other GAFers.

donkey show said:
Creation stuff should stay here, but a new thread for levels in the Online section would make sense.

I never look in the online section

been working on a level in LBP1 and adding logic when i get the game, and my big one.

DMPrince said:
they probably changed their policy recently or something. games out in a week option is removed.

I checked out Plants Vs. Zombies DS which comes out on the 18th, and it still gives the option for release date shipping. I spoke to a customer service rep on the phone and he thought it might be an issue with the site. Because of time it would take for developers fix the error, it was easier for him to just give me a discount.

The question now becomes should I go for the CE? Any book(game)ends out in the wild? What is the quality like?

Class_A_Ninja said:
I checked out Plants Vs. Zombies DS which comes out on the 18th, and it still gives the option for release date shipping. I spoke to a customer service rep on the phone and he thought it might be an issue with the site. Because of time it would take for developers fix the error, it was easier for him to just give me a discount.

The question now becomes should I go for the CE? Any book(game)ends out in the wild? What is the quality like?
paper bookend i think. since it has to be folded into the box with the plushie. I guess it's sturdy enough to made into a bookend and hold games or book. but you should get the CE for all the costume DLC ;o

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DMPrince said:
paper bookend i think. since it has to be folded into the box with the plushie. I guess it's sturdy enough to made into a bookend and hold games or book. but you should get the CE for all the costume DLC ;o

And the plushie. Screw the bookends. I bought it for the DLC and plushie. >:|

Stampy said:
Why can't it all be put only here? :/
cluttered. people would talk about SP
some would talk about levels
some would talk about creation. be a mess.
and questions would be overlooked (but then again some replies get overlooked regardless lol)

TheSeks said:
And the plushie. Screw the bookends. I bought it for the DLC and plushie. >:|

donkey show is sending me a free plushie! it's a sackboy with a fro
100_1434.jpg

Gravijah

DMPrince said:
cluttered. people would talk about SP
some would talk about levels
some would talk about creation. be a mess.

While I personally don't mind threads being split, that's not a good reason. Of course OTs are cluttered! ;p

mclem

donkey show said:
The assumption is if we play the user created levels, that would handily cover that goal. But you are right about Wario Ware for sure.

Well, if you count the user-created content, then the record-holder would probably technically be GCC!

mclem

DMPrince said:

I seem to recall seeing a sony quote saying it was a plastic bookend styled to look like paper. Not sure where I saw that, or even if I'm remembering right.

slider

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore games that I don't even play. But who was I kidding? Just ordered this along with four other sequels. Sigh.

Oh yeah, another quick tip off the top of my head. If you want to use subtitles with your magic mouth instead of speech bubbles, make sure the magic mouths are placed into a sequencer. Only then will you be able to pick the subtitle option in the magic mouth options. It works with or without movie cameras.

mclem said:
I seem to recall seeing a sony quote saying it was a plastic bookend styled to look like paper. Not sure where I saw that, or even if I'm remembering right.
found the quote.

What are those bookends made from? They look awesome. Please don’t tell me they are made of cardboard :(

Mark Valledor | July 23rd, 2010 at 10:12 am
Of course they’re made out of cardboard, would Sackboy have it any other way? But don’t worry the quality is there)

Stampy

donkey show said:
Oh yeah, another quick tip off the top of my head. If you want to use subtitles with your magic mouth instead of speech bubbles, make sure the magic mouths are placed into a sequencer. Only then will you be able to pick the subtitle option in the magic mouth options. It works with or without movie cameras.

Ok, I have to admit that it was a long time from creating a level and that I am a bit rusty with LBP terminology, but isn't magic mouth = speech bubbles?

donkey show said:

And this stuff ain't in the tutorials? Hmm... :/

Stampy said:
Ok, I have to admit that it was a long time from creating a level and that I am a bit rusty with LBP terminology, but isn't magic mouth = speech bubbles?
Yup. And this time you have the option of either using speech bubbles or subtitles... With the process I mentioned above.

Stampy

donkey show said:
Yup. And this time you have the option of either using speech bubbles or subtitles... With the process I mentioned above.

Is it possible to change the color of the subtitles? So far I have seen only white font if I am not mistaken....

Teknoman

donkey show said:

So thats how you do it. Great for boss announcements :)

GeoramA

My friend doesn't want his copy he won from Subway so he's selling it to me for $40. Super stoked :D

Now I just gotta get a mic.

netguy503

GeoramA said:
My friend doesn't want his copy he won from Subway so he's selling it to me for $40. Super stoked :D

Now I just gotta get a mic.

I'd rather have the collector's edition but that's just me. :/

netguy503 said:
Any 3 of you want to run through LBP1 story mode with me?
My brother is borrowing my PS3 until tomorrow, but I'll help you once I get it back if you're still looking.

Damn the pre-order bonuses. I won LBP2 in the Subway contest and I have had it sitting here untouched since yesterday. I want so badly to play it, but I have it preordered with Amazon, and I'm a sucker for the costumes. That said, if my PS3 weren't still at my brother's I would might have given in by now.

jayb

does anyone know how to change an instrument's sound after you have it sequenced? I have something down, but don't like the sound of the instrument I've chosen.

Hopefully I don't have to completely re-do the track just to change the instrument.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jayb said:
does anyone know how to change an instrument's sound after you have it sequenced? I have something down, but don't like the sound of the instrument I've chosen.

Hopefully I don't have to completely re-do the track just to change the instrument.

You're asking before the game's officially out man, you might want to wait until Wednesday at the latest before asking again.

Top Bottom